Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #16
scrappinginontario
DIS Veteran

Welcome kihart! (and cancun4 if we can convince you to switch your date! )

I've been reading a lot about the FE exchanges and would probably like to participate. It will depend on how it's set up. I've read of some groups setting it up for X number of cabins and then starting a 2nd group and that works for me. I read of another that had 90 CABINS involved and I just couldn't do that. So...waiting to see and then hoping to do a FE exchange!

I hope this group stays active here too as I'm one of the few without a FB account. For those on the group there though, have fun!

Looking forward to cruising with all of you!

Amazing Trips with DD: Feb 2014 (7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Fantasy), November 2013 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2013 (11 Mommy and DD days. Perfect!!), Nov 2012 (2 days AoA LM with grandparents and DN), Aug 2012 (10 awesome days with just the 2 of us!), Nov 2011 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2011 (8 days with DN and Nana), Apr 2010 (3 days), Nov 2010 (2 days with grandparents)
scrappinginontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #17
staciaday
Earning My Ears

Red face First Cruise

Hello
We just booked this as our First Disney Cruise !! I am so excited. My going to be 7 year old little girl is very excited to see all the characters. I am very interested in the FE but have no idea where to sign up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Stacey
staciaday is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #18
staciaday
Earning My Ears

We are from Kitchener Ontario Canada
staciaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #19
mrswarr
Mouseketeer

Hey, everyone! We just booked a couple of nights ago. This is our 2nd Disney cruise. It will be an early graduation present for our oldest. Our kids will be 17, 13, and 6 when we set sail!

Disney Dream Bahamas - 6/7/11
mrswarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #20
emtmom0104
DIS Veteran

Just got home today from sailing a b2b on the wonder. We had set up the date as may 3 but changed it to this date tonight. Cheaper and one of the friends my son made on is cruise will be on his trip as well. I was in charge of the FE on both of these cruises. It will be me,30, DH , 36, Dd 13, DS 9, and DS 7. DH reproposed to me on this trip on valentines day so we are planning to renew our vows on this trip. I will post more later, horrible land sickness thanks to the auto train. It was great not to have to drive 24 hours straight to Miami but I will never do it again:/. Thankfully by this trip we will be florida residents and only around an hour away from port canaveral.

Disney Dream 5-19-2011 -3 night Bahamas,Disney Magic 4-25-2012 & 4-30-2012 -4&5 night Bahamas,Disney Wonder 2-7-13 & 2-11-13 -4 night Bahamas & 5 night western Caribbean ,Disney Fantasy 2-22-14 -7 night eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic 4-19-15 - 7 night western Caribbean
emtmom0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #21
MNKelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtmom0104 View Post
Just got home today from sailing a b2b on the wonder. We had set up the date as may 3 but changed it to this date tonight. Cheaper and one of the friends my son made on is cruise will be on his trip as well. I was in charge of the FE on both of these cruises. It will be me,30, DH , 36, Dd 13, DS 9, and DS 7. DH reproposed to me on this trip on valentines day so we are planning to renew our vows on this trip. I will post more later, horrible land sickness thanks to the auto train. It was great not to have to drive 24 hours straight to Miami but I will never do it again:/. Thankfully by this trip we will be florida residents and only around an hour away from port canaveral.
YEAH Jessica! Riley's so happy! Glad you made the switch, see you next February. Hope you feel better soon and it was so much fun meeting you and your family. Ray will be the cruise director for the February Fantasy voyage...he's heading back to that ship after the Alaska season so we'll see him then as well.

Can't wait to talk to you all over the next year. We just got off the Wonder Saturday and are really looking forward to seeing what the Fantasy is all about.

Kelly (DW-47), Tim (DH-46), Riley (DS-11) at time of sailing 2/14
MNKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #22
mrswarr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtmom0104
I was in charge of the FE on both of these cruises.
Oh, good! Did you have a lot of participation? Have you had to split the list up? We can't wait to participate in the FE again - our kids absolutely loved it! I'm so happy I ended up signing up for it.

Last edited by mrswarr; 03-03-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:06 AM   #23
emtmom0104
DIS Veteran

365 days!

Disney Dream 5-19-2011 -3 night Bahamas,Disney Magic 4-25-2012 & 4-30-2012 -4&5 night Bahamas,Disney Wonder 2-7-13 & 2-11-13 -4 night Bahamas & 5 night western Caribbean ,Disney Fantasy 2-22-14 -7 night eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic 4-19-15 - 7 night western Caribbean
Old 02-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #24
MNKelly
Mouseketeer

I much prefer the "365 day" countdown Jess as opposed to the "1 year from today"!

Can't wait to board, and yes, we will be getting there a day early.
Kelly
MNKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #25
ciraulo887
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone. Just booked this cruise. It will be our 3rd Disney cruise but first on the Fantasy. I'm interested in FE for this cruise. But, I'm a little confused on how it works. I'm a single mom so the cruise will be me and my 2 daughters. They will be 17 and 8 when we cruise. Can someone put the Facebook link for this cruise on again?
ciraulo887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #26
kihart
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciraulo887
Hi everyone. Just booked this cruise. It will be our 3rd Disney cruise but first on the Fantasy. I'm interested in FE for this cruise. But, I'm a little confused on how it works. I'm a single mom so the cruise will be me and my 2 daughters. They will be 17 and 8 when we cruise. Can someone put the Facebook link for this cruise on again?
Single mom here too, traveling with my 7 yr old and my mom. 2nd Fantasy cruise and 2nd Disney cruise.
kihart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:46 AM   #27
emtmom0104
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNKelly View Post
I much prefer the "365 day" countdown Jess as opposed to the "1 year from today"!

Can't wait to board, and yes, we will be getting there a day early.
Kelly
Glad your coming in a day early this time... Stupid plane issues! The boys think this countdown will take forever. We have been home a week tomorrow:/. We still aren't completely unpacked and now we are disputing charges with Disney. We got hit yesterday for $190 while they were in port . Never had an issue so we shall see what happens.

As far as the FE, I don't mind organizing it again but it will be smaller from us this time since we are renewing our vows on castaway cay so I am planning and paying for that as well.

For those who want to know what the FE is about this was something I posted on my last cruises page : Hmmmm... Ok how to put this into words. I was overwhelmed at first on our last cruise when we had about 20 cabins with a minimum of 3 people. We did a b2b then as well. Total between both cruises I had almost 50 cabins and had made serious goody bags to all of the kids for every night. 2 large duffel bags later, just for FE stuff, I was thinking what am I doing??? Ill tell you what, I ended up with some of the most amazing and thoughtful gifts. I actually just hung up one of my gifts, a Mickey Mouse shaped Christmas ornament! We had a disabled woman make us all a large bag, knitted by her, since she couldn't get to the store without help. We even had simple things like a can of old bay seasoning from a family is a from Maryland, candy from the UK, small glass jars to put shells/sand in from our vacation spots, music CDs with music tailored to our trip. We had someone give out the small bar bottles of alcohol for the adults. You name it, you got it! Including baby powder (sprinkle it on your feet that have sand on them and it dries out the sand so it falls off easily). I LOVE my handmade key fob with the Mickey heads. There is no limit to these gifts/ideas. I came home with as much stuff as we took! I think dh and I were more excited than the kids to go back to the room to see what we got! Haha. My daughters fav gift was a simple dollar store eye mask with a Mickey button sewn on the top. My boys loved the homemade dry erase boards and glow sticks. The more people the more exciting I think..never know what your gonna find when you get back to your room. I don't think we got anything that wasn't useful in some way.

Hth!

Old 02-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #28
mrswarr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciraulo887
Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/298275220294855/

The FE is really fun. I will have a 17 year old as well when we set sail! Our kids have no idea. We had a close call yesterday when I had my 12 year old dig something out of my bag and forgot I had our stateroom confirmations in there! Luckily, the cat's still in the bag!

Old 02-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #29
emtmom0104
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinginontario View Post
Welcome kihart! (and cancun4 if we can convince you to switch your date! )

I've been reading a lot about the FE exchanges and would probably like to participate. It will depend on how it's set up. I've read of some groups setting it up for X number of cabins and then starting a 2nd group and that works for me. I read of another that had 90 CABINS involved and I just couldn't do that. So...waiting to see and then hoping to do a FE exchange!

I hope this group stays active here too as I'm one of the few without a FB account. For those on the group there though, have fun!

Looking forward to cruising with all of you!

I think the biggest FE list I've ever done was 20 cabins. It gets to be too much. Just let me know how everyone wants it set up and we will go from there

Old 02-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #30
ciraulo887
Earning My Ears

For the FE... Do we bring a gift for everyone in the group everyday of the cruise?
ciraulo887 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: