Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
tony64
Should've been a Cowboy
In charge of driving & collecting coffee and doughnuts for breakfast

Key West to Old Key West Day 13

Key West to Old Key West Day 13
Friday 23rd November
Black Friday
We were up super early!!!!!!!!! 5.30 to be exact.

I dropped Theresa off at Joannes as their sale started at 6.00 and made my way over to Target. I thought they looked like they were closed but then I spotted a couple going in. It was weirdly quiet but I found out that they had started their sales the same way as Walmart with a mad bargain bin grab the night before. I managed to get a TomTom sat nav to replace the one Id put in the wash earlier in the week . It proved to be a good buy as we found the directions were clearer than they had been from the Garmin. I also picked up a couple of DVDs that were really cheap. Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows and another one I cant remember now but it had also just been released at the time, they were $6 & $4 each so really cheap!

Theresa managed to get some of the Cricut carts she had been looking for and a few more scrapbooks at knock down prices so she was very happy.
We moved on to my favourite shop, Sheplars at Festival Bay where I purchased a belt and a PBR T shirt. Then it was onto The Florida Mall where we managed to find some T shirts in A & F and Hollisters for our nephews Christmas presents.

Next we were off to The Terrace at Florida Mall so Theresa could get some more scrapbook shopping done at Scrappy Boutique. She had a log chat with the lady in the shop who was an ex pat and Theresa managed to get lots of embellishments and Harry Potter stuff she and her sister Mandy had been looking for.
While Theresa was in there I popped next door to Marshalls and found a good deal on a couple of new suitcases as we would definitely be needing them for Theresas stash.
Wed skipped breakfast as we wanted to be hungry when we reached our favourite place to eat. The Cheesecake factory was calling so that was our next stop. The new Tom Tom came in handy as it took us on a few back roads we didnt know and we were there in no time at all.

I had the usual Shepherds Pie

and Theresa was torn between that and the Chicken Bellagio. The chicken won her over in the end.

For dessert there were also difficult decisions to be made. We wanted to try the peppermint Bark cheesecake Joh had told us about but we also didnt want to miss out on our favourites. In the end I had the limoncello which I absolutely love

and Theresa had the Pumpkin pie as it was another seasonal option she really wanted to try.

The cunning plan we came up with was to get a piece of the Peppermint Bark to go.

We called in at Piktails which is in Hunters Creek on our way back to the resort. We didnt want to keep the cheesecake in a hot car so Theresa did a quick wiz around the shop while I kept the car running and the aircon on. She did manage to pick up some nice gifts for a secret santa she and her friends at her scrapbooking club were having.

We had finished shopping nice and early and took the swag back to the condo and then had a couple of hours by the pool,

before packing some of our stuff. We like to pack as we go so it doesnt feel so much of a chore.

We were really tired after our long day, so ordered dinner to be delivered from the resort food court. We had burgers and fries but they werent very good; they were cold and not that nice. We finished off our cheesecakes wed brought with us from the Keys. The Peppermint Bark one would have to wait for tomorrow.
1995 Paris 1997 Masters Inn 1999 Clarion Floridian 2001 HoJo 2003 Econolodge 2005 HoJo 2006 Sheraton Vistana 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 May Sheraton Vistana 2008 Aug Terrace Ridge 2009 Barefoot'n in the Keys 2010 Villa at Cumbrian Lakes2011 Sheraton Vistana & The Magic 2012KeyLargo, Sheriton Vistana & OKW
The Buckland Disney Stampede August 2005 TripThe S.V.R. 2006 Trip T&T Do Thanksgiving 2007 Trip T&T & 2 1st Timers May 2008 Trip T&T Do the Triple Aug 2008 Trip T&T's 2nd Thanksgiving Trip 1975 & 2010 A double trip Bad Mothers & Others Oct 2011 Key West to Old Key West Nov 2012

Last edited by tony64; 06-09-2013 at 04:44 PM.
tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Great day Tone - the Peppermint Bark Cheesecake looks lovely, I really hope they have it when we're there this November.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Cheesecake looks yummy
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:54 AM   #4
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Good sale shopping as always!
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

my oh my that T knows how to shop!
Old 04-10-2014, 03:58 PM   #6
1andrea
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Great report. I WANT that cheesecake, it looks YUMMAGE!!

[/url]

2005 January DLRP 3 Nights Dream Castle
2005 May/June 14 Nights Swan and Dolphin and 7 Nights Clearwater
2006 May/ June 10 Nights All Stars Movies and 10 Nights Jamaica
2007 June 14 Nights Saratoga Springs
2008 May/June 21 Nights Beach Club Villas, Hard Rock Hotel and Wilderness Lodge Villas
December 16 Nights Polynesian, Portofino Bay and Grand Floridian
2009 March DLRP 3 Nights Sequoia Lodge
2009 May/ June 22 Nights Port Orleans Riverside, Hard Rock Hotel and Animal Kingdom Lodge
2010 May/ June 26 Nights Bay Lake Tower, Hard Rock Hotel and Boardwalk Villas

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

[/url]

1andrea is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: