Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #16
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire0 View Post
Also, I found a trick with the National website. I noticed that when I tried to cancel my previous reservation online, it was saying I couldn't do so. On accident, I just happened to have my cancellation page open (the one saying I couldn't cancel on nationalcar.com) and also opened another tab to create a new reservation. When I clicked to create the new reservation, I actually got a screen that told me my previous reservation was now cancelled - and got an email confirmation as well. Saved me a call. :D Closed the browser and went back in and created the new reservation with no problem.
who knew? i always send an email to avoid having to call

were you signed into your national account?

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #17
ceecee
DIS Veteran

We paid $17.96 a day last year in June! This year it's $119 a day. I am trying to rent in Tampa and return in Orlando, maybe it's more that way???
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #18
jamzmama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire0
I've done some digging and I haven't found a better deal than the KLM code. Use it while it's hot! Had previously reserved a minivan for June @ $335. Noticed today it was $304 and rebooked. Going through the usual other channels (i.e. carrentals.com, and the rest), minivans are still ~$140+ higher.
Where do you do you find this klm code?
jamzmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #19
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
We paid $17.96 a day last year in June! This year it's $119 a day. I am trying to rent in Tampa and return in Orlando, maybe it's more that way???
I need to do the same thing. What sticker shock!!
Nov/Dec 2010 5 nights at the Poly with my 3 children
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 17 DS 14 DD 12 Sebastian 6
mickey2minnie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #20
disneygal55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire0 View Post
I've done some digging and I haven't found a better deal than the KLM code. Use it while it's hot! Had previously reserved a minivan for June @ $335. Noticed today it was $304 and rebooked. Going through the usual other channels (i.e. carrentals.com, and the rest), minivans are still ~$140+ higher.
When I tried the code I got a fantastic rate for a minivan but...the code was for Jet Blue/Air France. It stated that right next to the price breakdown where the code discount was.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #21
FiveofusNL
Mouseketeer

Hi All! I was thrilled to discover this thread and to know I am not alone with this rental price hunt. We are going to Orlando June 17 to June 26th. It is our first time renting a vehicle rather than using ME. I need a minivan and want to get it on site at the airport. I was shocked at the prices! I am looking at National, Thrifty and Dollar as they are names I know. Before Christmas, I was seeing a cost of around $750 to $850. Friends told me that prices would go down so I should wait to book, but now it is $100 more!! Any advice/tips welcomed and greatly appreciated!

FiveofusNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #22
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

I have never rented a car before. what is a good price for a week on a mid size or full size car? I have no idea what is high or low .

Help!
Nov/Dec 2010 5 nights at the Poly with my 3 children
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 17 DS 14 DD 12 Sebastian 6
mickey2minnie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #23
mmmgood
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveofusNL View Post
Hi All! I was thrilled to discover this thread and to know I am not alone with this rental price hunt. We are going to Orlando June 17 to June 26th. It is our first time renting a vehicle rather than using ME. I need a minivan and want to get it on site at the airport. I was shocked at the prices! I am looking at National, Thrifty and Dollar as they are names I know. Before Christmas, I was seeing a cost of around $750 to $850. Friends told me that prices would go down so I should wait to book, but now it is $100 more!! Any advice/tips welcomed and greatly appreciated!
Try here http://www.carrentalsavers.com/florida-car-rental.html there are a couple of options for $500 including taxes and fees for your dates.
mmmgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #24
FiveofusNL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmgood View Post
Try here http://www.carrentalsavers.com/florida-car-rental.html there are a couple of options for $500 including taxes and fees for your dates.

Wow! Thanks so much for letting me know about this site. Big price difference.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:31 AM   #25
Kitkat6595
Mouseketeer

Holy cow - thanks for posting that link! I just found a Intermediate car for the first week of June for $270! Trying to decide if I should book it, or wait. I've never used Dollar before. Any experiences with them?

Previous Trips
May 1987 - off-site
March 1996 - off-site
March 2003 - off-site
June 2013 - off-site, Windsor Hills
Kitkat6595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #26
vinmar4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitkat6595 View Post
Holy cow - thanks for posting that link! I just found a Intermediate car for the first week of June for $270! Trying to decide if I should book it, or wait. I've never used Dollar before. Any experiences with them?
I booked 11 days last year for a intermediate car for 300 thinking that it was good deal. I just happended to check the current rates one day before our trip and we ended up paying 179.00 total for the 11 days. We need a car because we are usually there for 2 Sundays and we have to go to Mass and just in those two trips is about 80.00 dollars plus tip. We also use the car to get some groceries and go to some restaurants.
vinmar4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #27
FiveofusNL
Mouseketeer

I am thrilled to have a 9 day minivan rental from Dollar drop from the $870 range to $500, that is more along the lines of what I thought a regular rental rate would be. I reserved it right away. (Once again a big thank you for referring me to that website ) However, now that I am seeing some of the rates here, I am wondering if I can still do better as we get closer to June. I have no idea what is a good deal when it comes to a minivan rental in Orlando. Should I keep looking or is this already low for a van at that time? If I should keep an eye out...do the really low rates usually only occur about 2 to 3 weeks before a date, or if I keep looking could they randomly pop up? I am such a newbie.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #28
disneygal55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am thrilled to have a 9 day minivan rental from Dollar drop from the $870 range to $500, that is more along the lines of what I thought a regular rental rate would be. I reserved it right away. (Once again a big thank you for referring me to that website ) However, now that I am seeing some of the rates here, I am wondering if I can still do better as we get closer to June. I have no idea what is a good deal when it comes to a minivan rental in Orlando. Should I keep looking or is this already low for a van at that time? If I should keep an eye out...do the really low rates usually only occur about 2 to 3 weeks before a date, or if I keep looking could they randomly pop up? I am such a newbie.
I think that you can get an even better rate. In the past I have gotten an eight day rate for a minivan for less than $300. If you go to mousesavers and get into the car rental section you can access all the Dollar codes. The oi1054 is pretty good. There is a link for a magicard there but I have never had to show the card to the attendant...as long you put the code number into the corporate section when booking the dates it should be fine. What's usually even better as time gets closer is the city special rates. Just click on when looking at the car types and it usually makes the minivan rates drop. I check everyday until I get a rate I like and just cancel the old reservation if I find a much better rate. Good luck.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #29
FiveofusNL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygal55 View Post
I think that you can get an even better rate. In the past I have gotten an eight day rate for a minivan for less than $300. If you go to mousesavers and get into the car rental section you can access all the Dollar codes. The oi1054 is pretty good. There is a link for a magicard there but I have never had to show the card to the attendant...as long you put the code number into the corporate section when booking the dates it should be fine. What's usually even better as time gets closer is the city special rates. Just click on when looking at the car types and it usually makes the minivan rates drop. I check everyday until I get a rate I like and just cancel the old reservation if I find a much better rate. Good luck.
Thank you for the tips. It is great to be able to get advice from others who have gone through this process before. I will definitely keep looking to see if I am able to get a better rate.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #30
disneygal55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for the tips. It is great to be able to get advice from others who have gone through this process before. I will definitely keep looking to see if I am able to get a better rate.
You're welcome. Another tip which I find saves a lot of time is to sign up with Dollar Express. Once you sign up and are issued a number, you can skip the Dollar rental counter at the airport. You instead go straight to the garage where the cars are kept, go to the kiosk to check in and within minutes are given the keys to a car. Initially you may have to show them the credit card which you used to book your car...can't remember. We love it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: