Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #1
disneydreamkate
DIS Veteran

Question about adding a day?

We will be leaving for our trip three weeks from Wednesday on 1/23 and driving down from WNY. We have done it before this time of year, but since the weather can be iffy, I am allowing us a little extra time to get there. Our resort package begins Friday 1/25. If we have clear weather the whole way, we could get to AKL by Thursday evening around dinner time. What are my chances of snagging our room a day early? What is the best way to go about it? Should I call on Thursday early if I know we're making good time? Just wondering if anyone has done this before.
01/2011 AKL
10/2011 POFQ 1st F&W Festival!
01/2013 AKL
02/2014 POR (AB) PHM!
disneydreamkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

At the end of January, I don't think you'll have any problem getting a room a day early. However, I would call when you know for sure you're going to make it early and find out. This way you have time to make other arrangements before you arrive at dinner time to be told there's no room at the Inn(or lodge).
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
disneydreamkate
DIS Veteran

Thanks. I am hoping because it is a slow time that a room in our price category will be available. We have a pool view room booked, and I know that there aren't many compared to how many Savannah rooms there are. We are definitely not going there, as they are way out of our price range. If need be, I am okay staying at another resort. I could even save a little money staying at a value.
01/2011 AKL
10/2011 POFQ 1st F&W Festival!
01/2013 AKL
02/2014 POR (AB) PHM!
disneydreamkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

We've done this several times. Usually we end up calling on the way down but sometimes the day before we leave.

We tend to travel in the off season so rooms are available but not always at the discounted rate. We had one stay where we had the choice of AS Music at full price or CB with a room only discount so we stayed at CB - it was marginally more $$ but fun to stay somewhere new (and I don't like to pay rack rate!)

This trip were supposed to go down on the 6th but called yesterday to change it to the 5th. They didn't have any AP discounted rooms at AS Music for the 5th (except suites) - I did find a discounted room at AS Sports so we're staying there the first night. Checking out early and heading over to AS Music for the rest of the trip. I plan on packing one bag for the first night with everything we'll need so we don't have to carry everything in. I've indicated via online check in that we expect to be at AS Music by 7 am so maybe (with a bit of pixie dust) they'll have our room ready so we can drop all of the stuff and go to the parks.

Basically yes, call on the way - have in mind what you're willing to pay and a plan "B" in terms of places to stay
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: