Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you want a special Mickey Head to signify our group?
Yes - The Lime Green Mickey Head for DISBoards! 22 35.48%
Yes - Let's choose our own design 30 48.39%
No thanks - not interested 10 16.13%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2012, 12:56 AM   #16
ColoradoLime
Pure Disney Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRSTIN'S MOMMY View Post
I just read that the Future Business Leaders of America will be having their convention during this time (26-30) with 8000 kids in attendance. I hope it doesn't affect us too much!
Yikes!! Fingers crossed it's not too bad for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutty4wdw View Post
are all the attractions, shows and parades open and operating. still on the fence about june.
I haven't been to DL yet, but from what I have been reading most refurbishments are done by June to gear up for summer. I believe in June the entertainment (shows, etc.) are going on but some of them might be only happening on the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamagirl@hrt View Post
I look forward to experiencing the attractions unique to DLR, as well as the differences in those that are at both DLR and WDW.
Me too! I'm really excited to see how the parks are different and get a real feel for DLR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdaisy View Post
Is the water warm enough to get in at the beaches? I thought we could throw in a beach day.
I don't know about how warm the water could be, but we're going to the beach no matter what. We can't go all that way and not see the ocean!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp11 View Post
This is our daughter's grad trip.
How fun! Our 2009 WDW trip was a combo birthday trip for my DD and a present to myself for finishing grad school!

WDW: 2009 (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Disneyland CA: 2013 (HoJo Anaheim)

Join the best darn May/June 2013 DLR Trip Planning Thread! Click HERE

ColoradoLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:17 AM   #17
ireland_nicole
No brainer- the fairy wins it
Personally, I'm an on site girl

We are going in June too- had planned on staying at Disneyland hotel, but my dad just gave us his class A RV so this trip has morphed into a two week road trip to include 4 days at DLR- the current plan is to head to Mesa verde, hit 4 corners, head by way of canyon de chelly(sp) to the Grand Canyon, see the Hoover dam, head to LA/SoCal, see a beach and do some kind of Hollywood tour for DD, then spend 4 days at DLR And head home stopping at the Sonora desert museum and making our mark at Cadillac ranch.

At DLR our only plans right now are for blue bayou and potentially the trattoria for the WoC package- but DD uses a wheelchair so I don't know if WOC would be a go for us. A little disappointed about not being able to stay on site, and a little overwhelmed at the differences between WDW which we know so well and DLR but super excited about the trip. Our dates are the first two weeks of June and we will probably be at DLR the 2nd Monday of June- Thurs
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #18
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

We'll be there June 2-7 at VGC
Old 12-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #19
lovebug33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireland_nicole View Post
We are going in June too- had planned on staying at Disneyland hotel, but my dad just gave us his class A RV so this trip has morphed into a two week road trip to include 4 days at DLR- the current plan is to head to Mesa verde, hit 4 corners, head by way of canyon de chelly(sp) to the Grand Canyon, see the Hoover dam, head to LA/SoCal, see a beach and do some kind of Hollywood tour for DD, then spend 4 days at DLR And head home stopping at the Sonora desert museum and making our mark at Cadillac ranch.

At DLR our only plans right now are for blue bayou and potentially the trattoria for the WoC package- but DD uses a wheelchair so I don't know if WOC would be a go for us. A little disappointed about not being able to stay on site, and a little overwhelmed at the differences between WDW which we know so well and DLR but super excited about the trip. Our dates are the first two weeks of June and we will probably be at DLR the 2nd Monday of June- Thurs
Just some food for thought if you have an RV. If you aren't going to stay in the grand canyon, do NOT stay at the Grand Canyon KOA. It is much more expensive and no closer than the Circle Pines KOA in Williams. And, the Circle Pines KOA is great, about an hour drive away from the Canyon. We did the Circle Pines KOA several times and we love it. We've never been lucky enough to actually get a spot in the Canyon campground!
lovebug33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #20
ColoradoLime
Pure Disney Lover

Quote:
We are going in June too- had planned on staying at Disneyland hotel, but my dad just gave us his class A RV

At DLR our only plans right now are for blue bayou and potentially the trattoria for the WoC package- but DD uses a wheelchair so I don't know if WOC would be a go for us.
How fun!!! And from what I've read on these boards it sounds like there are reserved spaces at WOC for wheelchairs. You should look into that. Disney is definitely known for their accommodations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriweather View Post
We'll be there June 2-7 at VGC
Yay!!!

Old 12-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #21
ireland_nicole

Thanks Lovebug! I know absolutely nothing about RVing, so I would welcome any and all info you have about camping- I don't wan to hijack the thread, but would appreciate more advice through message - thanks sooo much- I hate not knowing anything LOL
Old 12-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #22
BlueFairy
DIS Veteran

Add us to the list. We're technically arriving on Memorial Day weekend and leaving 6/4 or so. See my new thread. We could really use some input on our itinerary. Trying to decide whether to checkin on Memorial Day and do DLR during the weekdays (tues -Fri) followed by San Diego for 4 nights. OR Arrive San Diego on Sat, your SD Memorial Day through Wed, and then see DLR Fri - Monday.

Can't wait!!!
5/2-5/7/10 - WL ~ 5/25-6/4/13 - San Diego/Disneyland ~ 8/3-8/6/14 - WL Mommy/Daughter Trip

Last edited by BlueFairy; 12-30-2012 at 01:57 PM.
BlueFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #23
BlueFairy
DIS Veteran

Oops. Duplicate
5/2-5/7/10 - WL ~ 5/25-6/4/13 - San Diego/Disneyland ~ 8/3-8/6/14 - WL Mommy/Daughter Trip

Old 12-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #24
lovebug33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireland_nicole
Thanks Lovebug! I know absolutely nothing about RVing, so I would welcome any and all info you have about camping- I don't wan to hijack the thread, but would appreciate more advice through message - thanks sooo much- I hate not knowing anything LOL
Can we private message through this website? If we can pm me where you are going because it sounds like where we have been and I will tell you where we have stayed.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #25
msdaisy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaesacto

Whether the beach is warm enough or the water really depends on you and where you are from. It is next to NEVER warm enough for me to get in the water- even in July...however some might find it pleasant... just know it isn't like Florida or Hawaii...
We are from Texas so I would suspect we may freeze in the water. Maybe a picnic on the beach or the Santa Monica Pier.

2006 Offsite, 2009 Yacht Club, 2010 Offsite, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Old Key West, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside, 2013 First Trip to Disneyland! Embassy Suites North
Old 12-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #26
cp11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLime View Post

How fun! Our 2009 WDW trip was a combo birthday trip for my DD and a present to myself for finishing grad school!
Forgot to say, it is also her 18th birthday while we are there, so it will also be a celebration for her bday! Thanks for the reminder. LOL
Old 12-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #27
ColoradoLime
Pure Disney Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFairy View Post
Add us to the list. We're technically arriving on Memorial Day weekend and leaving 6/4 or so. See my new thread. We could really use some input on our itinerary. Trying to decide whether to checkin on Memorial Day and do DLR during the weekdays (tues -Fri) followed by San Diego for 4 nights. OR Arrive San Diego on Sat, your SD Memorial Day through Wed, and then see DLR Fri - Monday.

Can't wait!!!
Personally we're choosing to avoid DLR over the weekends. From what I hear they can get pretty crowded with the locals.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #28
ireland_nicole

Lovebug33- sent you a message- if you click on my avatar you Should be able to send one as well- or just reply to my message in your inbox- thanks again
Old 12-31-2012, 12:01 AM   #29
lovebug33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireland_nicole
Lovebug33- sent you a message- if you click on my avatar you Should be able to send one as well- or just reply to my message in your inbox- thanks again
I tried to pm and it said you had exceeded your quota. Sorry to hijack!

There are two places near the canyon, probably a couple of hours. One is a drive through bear park and one is out of Africa, which is a fabulous safari park. Not much in Nevada to see. I live in Vegas and it is only so so. Any chance you will hit st George Utah? There is an outdoor theater called Tuacahn. Every year they do a Disney production and it is to die for. Did you say you were doing Mesa verde? That is another great place to visit but that is Colorado'
Old 12-31-2012, 09:09 AM   #30
BlueFairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did you know that there is a Camping board on the WDW side? I know that it is mostly about Fort Wilderness, but those people are super nice and most will answer any questions you have. Driving (think large vehicle, winds, elevation changes) and maintaining (sewer tanks, etc) a large RV can be a challenge. It would be beneficial at least to read up so you know what's ahead of you.

Sounds like a fantastic trip. We did one very similar twice in the 80s and they are some of our best memories.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: