Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
Jannephotog
Mouseketeer

Buying Scrapbook Supplies at Disney?

Hi friends,
I'm about to embark on my 4th trip to Disney (first as an adult, aka not with my own family) and am planning on making a scrapbook for my boyfriend's mom (going with his family) and also one for myself after the trip. I've been looking around for good Disney paper and embellishments (stickers, etc.) for the books but have mainly been able to find stickers from different movies and a very small selection of paper at Hobby Lobby/Joann's/etc.

I was wondering if there were any specific stores at Disney (or Downtown Disney) that sell paper and other scrapbook-y things that I wouldn't be able to get anywhere but on property?

Thanks so much!
Jannephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:21 AM   #2
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

THe selection is slim. They have the dated kits and 2 other types of kits I think one was called the Ultimate Scrapbook something or other and a smaller version of that.

You may have better look going on line and ordering. MouseScrappers.com and Scrapyourtrip.com have loads of great Disney stuff.

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
JohnsonsLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 12:24 AM   #3
Jannephotog
Mouseketeer

Thanks! I was thinking about doing a shutterfly book and just having it printed up, but given how many little things can be added to the pages from the trip, like maps, buttons, napkins, etc., plus the fact there are Mary Poppins stickers, I've just gotta do a regular book.

Kinda a shame Disney doesn't have a scrapbook store at Downtown Disney...sure they could make quite a bit of money that way...
Old 12-29-2012, 12:48 AM   #4
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

There are a few digital scrap designers that make some great Disney stuff that you can put together and then upload to Shutterfly.

Most of us agree with that here. There selection has gone down hill in the past few years. They do sell some albums but no extra refill pages so if you decide to buy one you can get some universal refill pages at joanns or hobby lobby.

The only things I bought last week while there was the dated kits, only because I have bought and used them for every other trip. I couldnt even get anything that was Christmas related.- I searched high and low and asked a ton of CM's.

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
JohnsonsLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #5
Jannephotog
Mouseketeer

I did check out the scrapyourtrip.com and oh man....going to need a few more paychecks to really hit up that website.

So glad there's a place where folks who are so knowledgeable can share what they know!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:45 PM   #6
4greatboys
I will be proud to wear my lime green ribbon and will be on the lookout for others
I have 4 boys-fortunately for me the 2 littles smell pretty good ;-)
YaYa Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannephotog View Post
Thanks! I was thinking about doing a shutterfly book and just having it printed up, but given how many little things can be added to the pages from the trip, like maps, buttons, napkins, etc., plus the fact there are Mary Poppins stickers, I've just gotta do a regular book.

Kinda a shame Disney doesn't have a scrapbook store at Downtown Disney...sure they could make quite a bit of money that way...
They did have one for a while but they didn't have any of the good stuff you can find online. Just a couple of kits, punches....etc None of the cool papers or embellishments that are out.

4greatboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Also http://mousememories.com She has a retail warehouse out in Kissimmee, if you have a car and the time.

4greatboys if you're into StarWars as well as scrapping, you need to check out a scrappers blog - http://www.scrappyjedi.com/ She's amazing.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #8
4greatboys
I will be proud to wear my lime green ribbon and will be on the lookout for others
I have 4 boys-fortunately for me the 2 littles smell pretty good ;-)
YaYa Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Also http://mousememories.com She has a retail warehouse out in Kissimmee, if you have a car and the time.

4greatboys if you're into StarWars as well as scrapping, you need to check out a scrappers blog - http://www.scrappyjedi.com/ She's amazing.
Thanks! I'll check it out.

4greatboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #9
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

I'm glad I found this section of the Dis! Thanks for the link to the scrappyjedi.com site! :D

This was exactly the question I was going to ask, Jannephotog. It's really too bad. I have a big stash of Disney scrap stuff I'm building up bit by bit for our April trip (EK Success embellishments, Disney paper, non-Disney paper that's vacation-themed, etc.), but it would be such an opportunity for Disney to sell exclusive scrap stuff at the parks, themed to rides, attractions and such ...

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
April 2013 Art of Animation Nemo
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Sept. 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (honeymoon!)
Three trips as a child,
including one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter
Jays2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #10
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

FYI: mousememories.com no longer works..
Another DISmember contacted the owner and mousememories is closed...

PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: