Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
Gooshy
Mouseketeer

Cool Just us

Hubby and I are going away for Star Wars Weekends ALL BY OURSELVES Gosh what will we do with ourselves? Happy 10yr anniversary to us!!

momma ,pappa ,brother bear (8) ,sister bear(2) and cupcake
Gooshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:15 AM   #2
dzneelvr
A Disney Dolly
Doesn't mind if her gnomes kick the bucket after a year!

DH and I got back from an early December "empty nester" first trip and HAD A BALLWhat was different than past trips with DS and DD? EverythingA better question for you will be...what won't we do! Start planning, get some new ADRs and get ready for some fabulous character pictures.
dzneelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
Gooshy
Mouseketeer

I am having parental guilt. Especially when DD (2) says "Im Minnie Mouse and your Mickey" to me and says things like "I love Cinderella" and then knowing my DS (8) is a bigger Star Wars fan than me and he wont be coming. Big Guilt!

But I am looking forward to spending alone time with DH. We never got a honeymoon. We waited till our 10yr to do it. It would be awesome if we could renew our vows and have a Vader or Storm Trooper do it for us lol.

I am busy thinking of our wardrobe for the week though. That has been fun. And DH has been the super scoper for what to do that weekend. Im in charge of ADRs. Were pretty excited

momma ,pappa ,brother bear (8) ,sister bear(2) and cupcake
Gooshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
Caseheidi
DIS Veteran

There will be plenty of other opportunities to take your kids. Remember that your kids having Happy parents who enjoy each other is a wonderful gift to them, and this trip helps to keep you happy, rested and in love. think of it this way, you are going away to WDW as a couple for them! It is all just perspective.

Have too much fun!

DLR - Aug 1980, Aug 1985, May 1988, April 2002, Dec 2002, Dec 2004, Oct 2012

WDW - July/Aug 2001 (Honeymoon!), Oct 2004, Sept 2005, May 2006, Dec 2007, Dec 2008, Oct 2011
Caseheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooshy View Post
I am having parental guilt. Especially when DD (2) says "Im Minnie Mouse and your Mickey" to me and says things like "I love Cinderella" and then knowing my DS (8) is a bigger Star Wars fan than me and he wont be coming. Big Guilt!

But I am looking forward to spending alone time with DH. We never got a honeymoon. We waited till our 10yr to do it. It would be awesome if we could renew our vows and have a Vader or Storm Trooper do it for us lol.

I am busy thinking of our wardrobe for the week though. That has been fun. And DH has been the super scoper for what to do that weekend. Im in charge of ADRs. Were pretty excited
Its awesome that your hubby is as excited as you are. Makes for one heck of a trip and an awesome time. Enjoy.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: