Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #76
Amanda Esmeralda
Mouseketeer

I think I am blind because I managed to link my reservation but I can't see any place to make a payment! I feel like I am crazy.

11/96 Offsite (Vistana) 11/2000 Offsite (Embassy Suites) 11/10 Honeymoon Offsite (Parc Soleil), 3/11 HHI, 6/11 POFQ, 5/12 POR, 11/12 CSR, 5/13 DLR, 9/13 AKL, 4/14 ASM

9/14 -- Finally! Boardwalk Villas!
Amanda Esmeralda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #77
bloodonthesaddle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86

If you are saying that you work in the customer service industry, it is not really what your post implies - looks like you're stating you work in the same industry as Disney from the sentence structure.
You are absolutely correct I was implying i work in the same industry as Disney, the customer service industry. If you think the only industry Disney is in is the amusement park industry then I think that is a very narrow viewpoint. You are absolutely correct that my posts are drastic and steps most of us that love any restaurant, clothing line, grocery store etc.... As much as I suspect everyone here loves visiting Disney would never actually take. My point was any industry that needs consumers to spend money on the goods or services they provide will react quicker to a loss in profits, no one family here and there boycotting Disney would not affect profits enough for Disney to even notice, than they will complaints. A good customer service worker on the front line will and should exceed the expectations of each consumer they encounter, however it is quicker for a corporate policy or website they have invested large amounts of money to change if there is a hit to their pocketbook rather than complaints, especially when it is brand new and all the bugs haven't been worked out.

We clearly are not going to see eye to eye on this as we don't grasp the English language to the same extent. Good Luck!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #78
Bullseye
Faithful Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodonthesaddle View Post
Yes that is my point exactly. The customer service industry.
There is no such thing as the "Customer Service" Industry. Customer service revolves around specific tangible or intangible things, like carpet cleaning, fortune telling, insurance, auto repair etc etc. Disney is in the Amusement Park, Movie, and Television industry's among other things. This thread is on the "Theme Parks Attractions" board and revolves around their website for their amusement parks. So that's the industry we're talking about.

No one is going to stop patronizing Disney because of a bad website. That's silly. Complain yes, but give up Disney. Give me a break! They would have to do a whole lot more than that. Tell anybody you won't be going to WDW any more because you dislike their new website and they'll think you're nuts. There is no butterfly effect! There won't even be the slightest ripple in the cosmos.

Ballad Of Bullseye ~ Bullseye my pony, Bullseye my pride, Bullseye mi amigo, Bullseye I will ride. Across the wide prairie, beneath the blue sky, We'll ride on forever just me and Bullseye...

Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #79
graciedad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi313 View Post
Wanted to print out my hotel reservations(split stay) and dinning reservations so I would have them all on one piece of paper. NOPE it said I had first reservation but not second so DH called and they said we have them she doesn't know why it won't retrieve for us. Oh well I'm sure all will be fine but I agree with a company like Disney they should have an excellent website.

I have a recommendation for you. This will work if you have a smart phone and your original emails from Disney for any reservations you have. There is a awesome app called Trip It. All you do is forward your reservations to the app and they put them all together in this app. It is a life saver. No need to carry around papers or go through email after email on your phone. It puts them all in order by date with every part of the information that you need. It is really simple.
graciedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #80
stindall
Congress Tart

I'm just really frustrated they made it 'live' without it working properly. Myself and many others can't like their reservations or make payments. Why would you go ahead and publish a website that doesn't serve these two important functions?!

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! Read our PTR HERE
stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #81
bloodonthesaddle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye

There is no such thing as the "Customer Service" Industry. Customer service revolves around specific tangible or intangible things, like carpet cleaning, fortune telling, insurance, auto repair etc etc. Disney is in the Amusement Park, Movie, and Television industry's among other things. This thread is on the "Theme Parks Attractions" board and revolves around their website for their amusement parks. So that's the industry we're talking about.

No one is going to stop patronizing Disney because of a bad website. That's silly. Complain yes, but give up Disney. Give me a break! They would have to do a whole lot more than that. Tell anybody you won't be going to WDW any more because you dislike their new website and they'll think you're nuts. There is no butterfly effect! There won't even be the slightest ripple in the cosmos.
No such thing? Oh, ok.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #82
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodonthesaddle View Post
You are absolutely correct I was implying i work in the same industry as Disney, the customer service industry. If you think the only industry Disney is in is the amusement park industry then I think that is a very narrow viewpoint. You are absolutely correct that my posts are drastic and steps most of us that love any restaurant, clothing line, grocery store etc.... As much as I suspect everyone here loves visiting Disney would never actually take. My point was any industry that needs consumers to spend money on the goods or services they provide will react quicker to a loss in profits, no one family here and there boycotting Disney would not affect profits enough for Disney to even notice, than they will complaints. A good customer service worker on the front line will and should exceed the expectations of each consumer they encounter, however it is quicker for a corporate policy or website they have invested large amounts of money to change if there is a hit to their pocketbook rather than complaints, especially when it is brand new and all the bugs haven't been worked out.

We clearly are not going to see eye to eye on this as we don't grasp the English language to the same extent. Good Luck!
That must be it You stay classy in the "customer service industry"
Old 12-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #83
Bullseye
Faithful Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall View Post
I'm just really frustrated they made it 'live' without it working properly. Myself and many others can't like their reservations or make payments. Why would you go ahead and publish a website that doesn't serve these two important functions?!
Stindall I think that's the best point to be made. They didn't do enough QA testing before they launched it.

Ballad Of Bullseye ~ Bullseye my pony, Bullseye my pride, Bullseye mi amigo, Bullseye I will ride. Across the wide prairie, beneath the blue sky, We'll ride on forever just me and Bullseye...

Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #84
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop View Post
I feel like I won a major battle tonight - I checked in online!

The new site has been telling me online check in is down. Tonight we decided to add one night - had to do it as a separate one night reservation at AS Sports (then moving to Music) to get the AP discount. Anyway the confirmation for Sports led me to the old website and let me do online check in - so I entered in the "big" reservation number (9 nights at Music) - it took it and let me do online check in for that reservation too!!

With luck and pixie dust (not holding my breath) we'll check out of
Sports early and be able to check into Music early (I indicated 7 am as arrival time) and then hop to the parks.

In any case I seriously feel (right or wrong) like I *beat* the new website!
Yay!

I still have a link on the top that takes me back to the old site thank goodness!
Old 12-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #85
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Stindall I think that's the best point to be made. They didn't do enough QA testing before they launched it.
I mean, other than those functions the website seems pretty neat. I don't understand how a company as big as Disney can just let their website 'function' like this.

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! Read our PTR HERE
Old 12-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #86
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall View Post
I mean, other than those functions the website seems pretty neat. I don't understand how a company as big as Disney can just let their website 'function' like this.
I like the look of everything, too! I'm excited to get all my reservations linked up whenever it starts working so I can see them in the mobile app. It's the one feature the mobile app is lacking - not having your reservations.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #87
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I like the look of everything, too! I'm excited to get all my reservations linked up whenever it starts working so I can see them in the mobile app. It's the one feature the mobile app is lacking - not having your reservations.
I can see the option on my iphone but I just can't link up.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #88
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

it's not letting me add my upcoming Sept.trip.It allowed my trip in May with ADR's BUT not Sept. Nor can I make a payment..ugghhh....
9/07,10/08,10/09,9/10,11/10,9/11,9/12, 5/13,5/13

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD
tony609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:49 PM   #89
yankeesmom21
Mouseketeer

My dad just called me and said how is it possible that Disney's website can be so horrible?? I was telling him it is not just us that everyone is frustrated. I hope they can correct this soon. It does seem strange that Disney can't get it together
yankeesmom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #90
Hoosier37
DIS Veteran

Today was the first day that the new website showed up for me. And it won't let me put my reservation in. I enter the confirmation number and other information, it just says to redo it.

I sent them an email letting them know how frustrating this is. I have until April to make my final payement, my ADRs are made, and my trip is in June. But I like going to the website and just looking at everything now and again, and I can't on the new site.

WDW Trips
POP Century, March 2011
Art of Animation Little Mermaid, June 2013
Hoping to return in June 2015

(me) (DH) (DS14) (DD11)
Hoosier37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: