Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #61
Bullseye
Faithful Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodonthesaddle View Post
It makes perfect sense in any customer service conversation, if you don't like the service spend your money elsewhere. I work in the industry for a company larger than Disney and the quickest way for a consumer to get change from a company is to affect their profits, not complain. In this case the squeaky wheel does not get the grease!
No it doesn't make sense in this conversation. Every little glitch you run into with a company shouldn't drive you into abandoning them altogether.

Seems a little drastic entirely giving up Disney because their new website isn't fully functional right now. If you simply spend your money somewhere else without voicing a complaint how would they even know why you're not shopping there any longer? And there are no larger companies in the amusement park industry than Disney, not even close.

Ballad Of Bullseye ~ Bullseye my pony, Bullseye my pride, Bullseye mi amigo, Bullseye I will ride. Across the wide prairie, beneath the blue sky, We'll ride on forever just me and Bullseye...

Last edited by Bullseye; 12-29-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #62
GeorgiaHoo
DIS Veteran

To update, we called today to get reservation numbers for some ADRs we made a few weeks ago (to go with the one's I made yesterday) so that I could "link" them. I entered the reservation numbers and 3 of the 5 show up while two are still nowhere to be seen.
GeorgiaHoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #63
mlittig
DIS Veteran

It is so frustrating that such a huge company like Disney can't produce a reliable, dependable, working website

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop Century 9/11 Pop Century 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 12/20/14 Christmas Magic 4/17/15 Pop Century
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #64
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It makes perfect sense in any customer service conversation, if you don't like the service spend your money elsewhere. I work in the industry for a company larger than Disney and the quickest way for a consumer to get change from a company is to affect their profits, not complain. In this case the squeaky wheel does not get the grease!
The website is not what someone is paying for - they're paying for the trip. The website is helpful and convenient but when the website is down there are other avenues of doing things.

You don't like the food at a restaurant, you don't go back. You don't like the quality of a shirt you bought, you don't buy from there. Really a different playing field when you throw in if you don't like the website, you don't vacation there! Every other part of Disney is great in their customer service (in my experience) which is where it counts the most.

The Disney website being down, while irritating (which is what people are venting about... the irritation) certainly won't mean I won't be spending my money there! That doesn't even make any sense - In order to get Disney to fix their WEBSITE I'll boycott their parks.... y'okay. Good luck with that
Old 12-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #65
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

On the 26th, I went and booked a package via the website. Never got a confirmation number but the $200 was deducted from my gift card.

I called yesterday and was told that I had cancelled the reservation.

The phone call was a mess because there was so much static on the line. I wanted to call back but the CM told me not to bother because the line would still be full of static. (I am NOT making this up.) She suggested we try to get through.

I eventually ended up telling her to cancel everything and that I would call Disney Gift Cards directly to straighten the issue of a refund being applied to my card. I was very frustrated with myself for not just trying to call back at a later time.

Disney Gift Cards was great and helped solve my problem quickly and efficiently and with much pixie dust.

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
GreenCntryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #66
Eventer98
DIS Veteran

I have 3 browsers on my computer, IE, Google and Firefox. Firefox hated the old WDW website so I usually used Google for Disney stuff. When they launched the new site I hated it so I did not switch Google over to the new one b/c I wanted to still be able to use the old one. Used it yest in fact. Today it's gone and only the new one is there. I don't have any of my dining res numbers b/c I relied on the old Disney website to keep them safe. (I do have the times though) It took FOREVER to add my DVC res to the new site b/c of all the nonsense about adding guests profiles. I do not like it at all. Wish I still had the choice to use the old one.

(me) (DH) (DS)(DD) (DD)
I miss you Chris 6/23/75-10/14/12
Eventer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #67
redkel
Earning My Ears

From my view in the cheap seats...

For a company that prides itself on incomparable customer service, having a website that provides shoddy customer service (it IS a planning tool, after all) is like failing to keep your room clean or serving your food cooked improperly.

They go out of their way to provide excellent customer service in regards to all other aspects of your vacation experience. WHY? Why do they neglect this important area in the year 2013 when a large % of consumers research, purchase and plan their vacations totally online?! Their website is a PROFIT center by itself!

It is unacceptable.

And yes -- at this point, if my vacation wasn't already paid for I would seriously consider cancelling.
redkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #68
Redwitch
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me how to get from step one to step two on the
"Create an Account The sign-in process for Disney accounts has been changed. In order to access your account, please provide the requested information." page?

I've had an account forever, but I can't find a place to hit enter and move to the next page. I only see a cancel button on the left bottom.

RedWitch Mikka (DD) Ebony RIP Amber Khan Tora Raion

Hoping for trips in May and October of 2015!
Redwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #69
bloodonthesaddle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye

No it doesn't make sense in this conversation. Every little glitch you run into with a company shouldn't drive you into abandoning them altogether.

Seems a little drastic entirely giving up Disney because their new website isn't fully functional right now. If you simply spend your money somewhere else without voicing a complaint how would they even know why you're not shopping there any longer? And there are no larger companies in the amusement park industry than Disney, not even close.

Where in my post does it say anything about amusement park industry? All I referenced was customer service.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #70
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Where in my post does it say anything about amusement park industry? All I referenced was customer service.
I believe this is the the reference....
Old 12-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #71
bloodonthesaddle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86

I believe this is the the reference....
Yes that is my point exactly. The customer service industry.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:57 PM   #72
mattsdragon
DDC #595
Lookin' for the Bare Necessities

So I got me a typewriter that attaches to my television, and I went to type "WWE" and got the world wide web.

They gots a thing called the walt's Disney World website.

Hooooieeee, that thing sure ain't friendly to a user.

mattsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:57 PM   #73
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes that is my point exactly. The customer service industry.
If you are saying that you work in the customer service industry, it is not really what your post implies - looks like you're stating you work in the same industry as Disney from the sentence structure.

Might want to edit it.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #74
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

I feel like I won a major battle tonight - I checked in online!

The new site has been telling me online check in is down. Tonight we decided to add one night - had to do it as a separate one night reservation at AS Sports (then moving to Music) to get the AP discount. Anyway the confirmation for Sports led me to the old website and let me do online check in - so I entered in the "big" reservation number (9 nights at Music) - it took it and let me do online check in for that reservation too!!

With luck and pixie dust (not holding my breath) we'll check out of
Sports early and be able to check into Music early (I indicated 7 am as arrival time) and then hop to the parks.

In any case I seriously feel (right or wrong) like I *beat* the new website!

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #75
mattsdragon
DDC #595
Lookin' for the Bare Necessities

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
If you are saying that you work in the customer service industry, it is not really what your post implies - looks like you're stating you work in the same industry as Disney from the sentence structure.

Might want to edit it.
Or end this direction of the thread before the mods end it.

Stay on target.

mattsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: