Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #436
Princess Marsha
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstopdisneymom View Post
Go to "make personalized maps" that will take you over to the old website then under "my disney vacation" click on "my reservation" you will be able to sign in and your balance will be there as well as payment options
You are the best!! Thanks! 62 more days!!!!!

me & DH

Off property: July 82, July 84 - Trips with my Dad and older brother - I wish I had more memories of these trips
July 86 - Day trip to Disneyland with my Mom, older brother and younger brother
Day trips - Jan 94 - Boot camp graduation weekend, Feb 94 - while on leave after boot camp, Aug 05 - with my older brother and his family
Off property June 2008 and 2011 - again with my older brother and his family
All-star Movies - Aug 2011 - Girls only trip, first on property stay with my best friend
Coronado Springs Resort June 2013 - a fun filled 3 days with my older brother and his family
Princess Marsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #437
italia218
Earning My Ears

The mydisneyexperience section of the website won't even load at all on my computer. Its the only website that I am having issues with too. All I want to do is pay off some of the balance on my upcoming trip and that isn't even an option. Grr!!
italia218 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #438
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by italia218 View Post
The mydisneyexperience section of the website won't even load at all on my computer. Its the only website that I am having issues with too. All I want to do is pay off some of the balance on my upcoming trip and that isn't even an option. Grr!!
Perhaps call CRO -- much easier.
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #439
italia218
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Perhaps call CRO -- much easier.
Yes, you're right..I will do that but no part of the website is working for me now and I am quite frustrated! I like going on and looking at my dining reservations and making changes and what not. I haven't been able to do any of that for about a week now.
italia218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #440
firsttimer2007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsR123 View Post
It's probably no consolation, but their websites have been notoriously terrible for as long as I can remember-- including the inception of the go.com debacle.

Chances are, though, that your actual trip will go off with far fewer hitches. Have fun.
completely agree!

Several years ago we stopped staying on site and making reservations for dining because their website was so ---well----awful!

Now planning a trip to disney is easy. we start with VRBO and then eat at quick service or snack places until we get really hungry, we then leave the park to eat at an off site table serve place. IT HAS BEEN GREAT!

The only hard part is telling the kids we are not eatting at any table service places in Disney.

As for the disney website, they need to just click around on the internet, see how other places set up their website and copy!!!! There is NO magic on their website.----or maybe figuring it out takes magic
Old 04-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #441
amydeich
Mouseketeer

I was actually able to access the website more easily from the iPad than my computer! And finally got my personalized maps ordered!!
amydeich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #442
MICKEYandMINI
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by italia218 View Post

Yes, you're right..I will do that but no part of the website is working for me now and I am quite frustrated! I like going on and looking at my dining reservations and making changes and what not. I haven't been able to do any of that for about a week now.
Hi! Sorry you are having trouble; I am a visual person, so I know how important it is to be able to see all of your ADRs in one place! Have you tried calling website assistance (407-939-4357)? I called (again) last week and the cast member was able to help me pull over a few lost dining reservations. (I also started using google chrome and seemed to work much better and faster than explorer or Firefox.)

As she explained to me, the new website requires all of the info on your reservation to match the information on your website account. Once she took down all of my reservation numbers and info, she put me on hold to contact dining. She came back on the line and said, "Try it now". Once I plugged in that first number, all if the missing reservations popped in! She told me that my email address was missing and the phone number was different. She had the other cast member update the info on each of the dining reservations.

I wish I could remember her name, but she was very helpful. She mentioned that they've been able to help nearly all of the guests pull up their dining reservations once they match up the info.

I've called a few other times and in most cases the CM was able to help. It IS frustrating that just when I feel comfortable with the "old" site, that they go and change it. But after I read the Disney Parks Blog post about the future MyMagic+, MagicBands, etc. I can see the reason behind the revamp. This also makes more sense why the information on your disney account needs to match the information in the reservation. Can you imagine someone accidentally pulling up your dining reservation or FastPass times and cancelling them?!? Yikes-- definitely NOT magical.

So, I can understand the frustration but change is always hard... Good luck.
MICKEYandMINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #443
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Im a TA and its down a couple times a week normally even the one especially for agents! This new my Disney experience is an experience and NOT a good one! I couldn't link my resort reservation b/c there was a SR in my husbands last name! How stupid is that?

Now for some reason a few of our TS ADR are in my DH name and some are in mine, I don't know how that happened.. Anyway no one but my DH can cancel his! I mean I understand in a way but for someone who works all the time and doesn't have the time to log in and cancel ADRs that had to have a credit card guarantee its a pain in the RUMP!

Not to mention the site isn't very user friendly..
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #444
MICKEYandMINI
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Im a TA and its down a couple times a week normally even the one especially for agents! This new my Disney experience is an experience and NOT a good one! I couldn't link my resort reservation b/c there was a SR in my husbands last name! How stupid is that?

Now for some reason a few of our TS ADR are in my DH name and some are in mine, I don't know how that happened.. Anyway no one but my DH can cancel his! I mean I understand in a way but for someone who works all the time and doesn't have the time to log in and cancel ADRs that had to have a credit card guarantee its a pain in the RUMP!
Hi Bluejasmine. Did you add your husband to your friends and family list?

If you do, just click the envelope icon to invite him. When you select the option to share all plans, you should be able to view all reservations made in his name once he links them on his own account.

As a personal note, I like the fact that other people can't access my reservations and information by typing in random numbers on the website. Would be awful to show up for a coveted ADR at Be Our Guest or LeCellier only to have the CM tell me that I've already checked into the reservation!

I wish you the vest
MICKEYandMINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #445
bellesbeauty05
Earning My Ears

I'm so upset my son and I cannot sit down and watch the little videos of the main attractions anymore with the new site!
Old 05-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #446
SMorgan711
It all starts with a wish!

UGH. This website is HORRIBLE! I just spent about an hour trying to make ONE reservation!! Everything keeps freezing and then says the server is busy. I've tried a Mac, PC, iPad, IE, Chrome, NOTHING IS WORKING.

It took 10 minutes for the EMAIL form to load so I could tell them how horrible the website is. I hope everyone else is comlplaing too. Maybe they will get the picture.

1990 Poly | 1991 CB | 1994 POFQ | 1995 ASSp | Apr 1999 ASMu | Apr 2002 POR | 2004-2005 (New Years) WL | Oct 2008 SoG | Jan 2009 SoG | Sep 2009 POR | Feb 2011 AKL (JUST ENGAGED!) | Dec 2011 Poly | Oct 2012 BWI | Nov 2013 POFQ | Feb 2014 YC (DFTW!) | Sep 2014 POR |
SMorgan711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #447
juliehoey
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINNER!!

I give up!I am trying to price out with the 30% room discount and the page is unavailable AGAIN!!! But if you try to figure the price from the home page with the same dates it does not give you the discount. On top of all that, it now takes you back to a page on the old site when you could save offers. It didn't take me there the other day. I've used two different computers and still get same page and now same error message. What gives??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: