Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #31
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

I agree the new website is terrible. It also seems to be flipping back and forth on me from the old to the new and back. I wouldn't mind only having access to the old site but switching me back and forth in the middle of looking for things is driving me crazy. I have been unable to make any ADRs for my upcoming trip on the new site. So frustrating.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #32
Niewoe
Mouseketeer

Why do we need to link all of our ADRs made prior to 12/12 to the new site??? It seems ridiculous that this needs to be entered manually, one by one. Entering the confirmation number and phone number every time, for each ADR for a 10 day trip is tedious!! I'm using the same log in info; they had my address and other info... why couldn't the ADRs transfer as well - with maybe a confirmation page to make sure that they were correct? This is not brain surgery people!

Ok... rant done. I love disney, we're DVC, but this is just annoying.

Anyone else feel this way? Am I just being a big baby? Anyone not linking their ADRs to the new site?

DVC members since 7/12

Disney Surprise (DS at age 3) best part is at the end... if you've never seen a kid not want to go to disney world, it's worth your time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjDvh5vxhh8
Niewoe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #33
joanchris
Mouseketeer

Agreed, it's awful. I logged in to cancel some adrs, since we're here now, but had adrs for this week and next week (such kid, thought we wouldn't make it this week, then we did, so have adrs we don't need). I linked the ones I had cc holds on (crystal palace, cape may) canceled those, but it took forever to cancel those. gave up on trying to cancel the last few. Don't flame me please, I was trying to do the right thing! Their site made that it much less than a magical experience
2008 May--Flower and Garden Festival, (offsite)
2005 Oct--Food and Wine Festival, Contemporary
1992 Carribean Beach Resort
1972 or 1973(?) Contemporary

Wishgirl's WISHtrip report
joanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #34
hvanes
Mouseketeer

I guess I'm in the minority. I logged in last night because our kids were asking for a countdown update (149 days - woo hoo!), and I was surprised and very skeptical when the new format appeared.

However, I kind of enjoyed playing with it and was on for over and hour with no problems. Yes, I had to manually link my ADR's - but on the previous site, the ADR's weren't linked at all so I find this to be an improvement. My only complaint would be that the page uploads were on the slower side... but not enough to be frustrating. (I don't suffer from road rage, but I'm plagued with slow website rage.)

I also made two new ADR's last night, and I was pleasantly surprised by the itinerary function, which allowed me to add my room-only ressie 6 days into our trip (I was certain that would throw the whole thing off). I don't know that it's worth all the hype (according to Disney, I'm going to be able to pull this info up in the parks anytime - riiiiight!) but I guess I won't know until I try.
hvanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #35
rwdavis2
DIS Veteran

The only way I was able to access my ressies was to delete all of the browsers Disney cookies and the old site was then accessible.

If you look at Disney's job postings they always have multiple jobs for web developers. If the pay of Imagineers is any indication then they under pay developers as well. So they may not get top talent.
Wilderness Lodge 2004
All Star Vacation Homes 2008
Wilderness Lodge & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012(November)
All Star Movies January 2013
Paradise Pier September 2013

Pittsburgh Dad says, "Whaddya mean you don't like sauerkraut? You want bad luck all year? Everything good that's ever happened to me started with sauerkraut! "
rwdavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #36
AlixaLock
Mouseketeer

I'm one of those for whom it seems to be working ... so I actually think it's pretty nifty. The itinerary function is convenient and all the dining changes I made sync-ed to the mobile app. I was also able to "friend" my husband so both his and my mobile app are connected to the same plan. Handy since he can never remember our plans for the day!

Nifty, definitely, but not earth shattering. I can see, however, how it might be a good precursor to the rumored Fast Pass+ that may or may not be coming down the pike. Of course, it will actually have to start working for most people for that to happen.

I really feel for everyone trying to access reservations etc ... This is not the way to roll out a new product.

Edited to add: I'm using Safari if it helps ...

Surprise! You are going to the Denstist trip to the Beach Club, February, 2014! Halloween Birthday Party, 2013 at the Contemporary! January, 2013 our last off season getaway at the Grand Floridian! June 9-18, 2012 Summer at the Bay Lake Tower! October 5-11, 2011 Food and Wine/MNSSHP at The Grand Flo; Jan/Feb 2011 Polynesian Dream Trip; June 2010 Grand Californian Dreaming (DL); March 2009 Boardwalk with Baby; May 2008 Baby meets Mickey at the Grand Californian (DL); January 2007 Grand Floridian, Dec 2005 Christmas at the Beach Club; 2003 Caribbean Beach ... 1974-1995 ..... Disneyland, Disneyland, Disneyland ...

Last edited by AlixaLock; 12-29-2012 at 09:44 AM.
AlixaLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #37
erin1715
DIS Veteran

It seems to be working for me today too, but I just downloaded Mozilla Firefox and that may be the difference. I did have to link my resort only reservation and it found me. I don't have any ADRs though.
erin1715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #38
bloodonthesaddle
Mouseketeer

If it is really that bad, spend your money elsewhere.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #39
gem21
Mouseketeer

I can only get the website to work on my iPad; in Explorer or Firefox the page does not load.

It honestly is a bit frustrating and looks bad on Disney's part. They have not even ackolwdged (publicly to my knowledge, forgive me if they have, but I've only seen a few individuals who have gotten responses after they complained), that people are having issues.
gem21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #40
carol-lamb
DIS Veteran

I couldn't find the passholders section on the new site. I searched "passholders" and the site came up. I had to answer two security questions and agree to terms and condition and when I clicked continue, I got an error message. Frustrating. I haven't even tried searching for my reservations for two upcoming trips!
Spring '86, Summer '89, Spring '92, Summer '97, Summer '98, Summer '01, Spring '03, Summer '04, Summer '05, Christmas '05, Summer '06, Christmas '06, Summer '07, Christmas '07, Summer '08, Christmas '08, Winter '09, Summer '09, Fall '09, Christmas '09, Easter '10, May '10, Summer '10, Fall '10, Christmas '10, Spring '11, Summer '11, Fall '11, Christmas '11, March '12, Summer '12, Fall '12, Christmas '12, January '13, March '13, April '13, June '13, Disneyland August '13, January '14, March '14, June '14, July '14
carol-lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #41
Bullseye
Faithful Companion

OP I was going to say that suggesting someone get fired especially in this economy is kind of harsh. That was an hour ago before I tried the new website. Now I'm thinking there's probably several people that should get canned.

I cannot retrieve any of my dining or resort reservations, the thing keeps redirecting me to create an account even though I've had one for the past 10 years. When I fill in the account info it tells me I already have an account. It's a perpetual loop of aggravation! It's like being in the total dark about your vacations plans-you don't know if they are even still out there? What a piece of junk.

Ballad Of Bullseye ~ Bullseye my pony, Bullseye my pride, Bullseye mi amigo, Bullseye I will ride. Across the wide prairie, beneath the blue sky, We'll ride on forever just me and Bullseye...

Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #42
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Yeah.............I'm not worried about that whole NextGen thing at all!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #43
seadd67
DIS Veteran

Why, Why did they have to change????????????????. Its awful. I will not be booking my trip until next month, but i visit the site often to see price comparison and any specials that they might offer. Why do company's insist on doing this?, it makes no sense to me. I would of rather they used the money that they use on the new website, and gave us a better deal on resort prices.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #44
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

The website is driving me batty. I honestly don't even care about entering in all my ADRs and reservation info... but it won't even take it when I do!

I'm a patient person, and didn't jump the gun on the website bashing when it first rolled out knowing there would be bugs, but we're going on a month here! If Disney can't get it done internally, they need to outsource elsewhere and fix this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodonthesaddle View Post
If it is really that bad, spend your money elsewhere.
Doesn't even make sense in this conversation
Old 12-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #45
39CINDERELLA
Waiting to dance at the Ball with my Prince
Educate me you Smarties!
My dd thinks I have gone off the edge

some things I like about it some things I do not. I do not like that I have to have the names of all guest in order to confirm a dining res.. so I just put Jane/John Doe in just to get it in....ugh!!
I cannot have more than one room in cart!
I liked old system where I could save more than one type of room at the same time °o°

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: