Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 12:51 AM   #16
pigletto
DIS Veteran

It's always been bad. I went on 2 trips last year and it was a toss up what I was actually going to be able to access on any given day. But today? Today takes the cake. I have to make a change to my reservation and would like to do so before the stupid code I am trying to use expires. I can't even get a Disney website today. Nope. Just an error page

So I get the fun of calling over and over and over for all this stuff.. which wouldn't even be so bad if it wasn't all with long distance charges from Canada. I bought a prepaid card for my cell to call the States and reduce the charges. And yep.. I only use it for calling Disney. I should have a direct line by this point
Old 12-29-2012, 06:30 AM   #17
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

Yep. Their websites have always left A LOT to be desired. Even if there aren't server issues, people can find better information about the parks & resorts at other 3rd party sites. That alone should embarrass Disney.
auntfrannie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 06:40 AM   #18
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

I've been annoyed with the new site because it's not letting me link my reservation with my account. I'd like to make my ADRs online in a few months, but unless they fix things I have little confidence in the system.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:43 AM   #19
Indy Denise
Mouseketeer

After having so much issue in not being able to link room reservations I e-mailed Disney, who then told me to call internet support because since I could not even access the old site I am one of the few testing the new site. Hogwash! WE ALL are testing the new site, so how could I be one of the few?

Disney tech support said that supposedly all issues will be fixed by the beginning of next week.

I am sure if I call again next Wednesday for the same issue (and I am sure I will be having the same issue ) I have a feeling I will get the same answer " the system will be fixed at the beginning of next week"
Old 12-29-2012, 07:12 AM   #20
GillianP1301
DIS Veteran

It's not the site so much, but the infrastructure its running on, it's obviously severely undersized and needs a complete refresh, which of course takes money and like any other large corporation, it's never easy to get approval for the money needed on improvements that don't have a direct link to profit. Even though we, and any sensible person, know that the website does impact customer experience, that doesn't translate directly to lost revenue, since we all still take our trips.

Hopefully they eventually wake up and fix it, because I agree, it's totally crap and really unacceptable for a company, who otherwise, prides themselves on customer service.
POP & Offsite - Aug 2013 - MB/FP+ test
Caribbean Beach Resort - Aug 2012 - First visit with DS4
Disneyland - 2003 - Solo business trip
WDW Offsite - 1997 - 5th Anniversary
WDW Offsite - 1992 - Honeymooon
WDW Offsite - 1986 - First WDW trip
GillianP1301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:36 AM   #21
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

What I love is when the old site pulls up, lets me log in, then dumps me into the new site. The new site tells me I'm not logged in, and when I try, it tells me the email is in use on another account and takes me to the "create account" page.

You click on a restaurant menu and a completely different restaurant name will come up with their food items (or no food items at all, just a blank page with the name and date).

All the vacation scenarios I saved on the old site are nowhere to be found on the new one ...

For once, I can truly say I'm glad we don't have a trip booked right now. Hopefully by the time our 499-days-out comes around, most of these bugs will be worked out of their system.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:55 AM   #22
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaHoo View Post
I'm generally easy going but the debacle that has been the Disney website change is irritating and mind-boggling. Over the last several days I've managed to book a vacation and dining reservations but not without multiple messages stating the server was busy, the website was down or my reservations could not be retrieved, in addition to several phone calls involving lengthy waits and sketchy connections. How can a company as profitable as Disney not test a website before launch and not promptly fix any bugs? I'm assuming Disney doesn't care about their customers' satisfaction.
Pretty harsh title for someone who claims to be generally easy going. Is it really that bad?
I know the changes are bad, in typical Disney IT style, but to want someone fired - Take a Deep Breathe and relax a bit.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #23
andysomma1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
Pretty harsh title for someone who claims to be generally easy going. Is it really that bad?
I know the changes are bad, in typical Disney IT style, but to want someone fired - Take a Deep Breathe and relax a bit.
I agree with the OP, someone should lose their job over this. There are a ton of threads about how bad the new website is. These threads only cover what people on the DIS boards think. Think of all the hundreds of thousands of people that have never used the DIS boards that are taking Disney vacations. A lot of these are probably first time Disney vacationers who have spent years saving up money to take a once in a lifetime trip. They jump online to check out prices, accommodations, and things to do and they are greeted with a website from a MULTI-BILLION dollar corporation that does not work. For many the Disney website is their first interaction with Disney, and don't forget that while a cliche, it is still true that you never get a second chance to make a good first impression. It was someones job to make sure the website was 100% before it went live, and who ever that was dropped the ball in a major way. They have embarrassed the company, and hopefully themselves, and yes I do agree someone needs to lose their jobs over this debacle. People in the outside world lose their jobs everyday, and for a lot less.
andysomma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #24
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Yes, it really is that bad. People can't make payments, they can't make reservations, the website is pretty much useless at this point. They call to do what they can't do online and get stuck on endless hold only to get a CM that says they don't know of any problems with the website.

Have you checked out the new website for yourself? It's a complete disgrace.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:20 AM   #25
Katie's Mom
Mouseketeer

We leave for Orlando on Monday and arrive at Disney on Wednesday, so I just went on to print out all of my dining reservations. Everything is gone and my confirmation # for the resort is also not being accepted.

1983 offsite, 1989 offsite (senior trip), 1999 DC/BWI , 2006 CR (first trip with dd), 2008 DC/POR, 2008 BC, 2008 WL, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Poly, 2011 DC, 2012 BWI, 2012 POR, 2013 AKL CL
Katie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #26
Brad Bishop
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm with the original poster. The Disney site has sucked for years. Before this latest revision it was somewhat functional. Someone in management should lose their job over this as it's not something that has been improving with time it's something that, overall, sucks, and once in a while kind of works (and then they re-skin it). They have pretty characters and pictures all over the place but to try to do anything with it that would generate revenue for them (book a room, dining, tickets, etc.) and it trips up on itself.

This is a revenue-generating site, not just a brochure site, and it shouldn't be a PITA to try to hand them money, but it is.

I'm trying to do things as a pass holder. My account shows that it knows I have a pass but I can't get into the passholder offers page because that section of the site doesn't think I have a pass. It's dumb.

It's also been broken, I think, for about a month.

I don't know if they need to gut the team or what, but it's pretty inexcusable for a company the size of Disney to have a pretty site that doesn't work.

Also, even thinking about it from a website-team perspective, they should have tested all of this and it should have been PAINFULLY obvious that it wasn't working as a whole. We're not talking about an odd little glitch here or there that can be fixed after the holidays, but the site, as a whole, doesn't look like it was tested OR it was tested, failed, but management said, "Send it out so we meet our deadline!" (the person who said, "send it out to production" should be fired, too).
Brad Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #27
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

I agree it is that bad too... We know Disney inside and out and still can't seem to navigate and find info. That was much more readily available on the old website. We are leaving Friday and all of our resort reservations and dining reservations are gone too. We are going with a large group for marathon weekend and have multiple resort and dining reservations over a 10 day period. I was planning on organizing it all (I'm in charge of it all) after Christmas. If I had known all the info would be gone with the new website I would have done it a while ago. I don't even know where to start now without planning on a couple of hours on the phone.

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #28
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
It is and has been that bad. I cannot believe that any business, much less an entity the size of Disney, would allow this to go on. Not just recently but for years and it's not just the website. It seems to be the entire IT structure.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #29
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

This is why I have always just called them directly to book packages, rooms, ADR's, etc. I just bypass the website headache and go straight to the phone tree headache I find its the lesser of two evils
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #30
mattsdragon
DDC #595
Lookin' for the Bare Necessities

Still working on it myself. Trying to figure out how to fill out the itinerary portion of my experience.

The site hasn't always been crumby. Back several years ago, it was great, with detailed pages on each attraction, and easy resort/package booking options.

But, like with everything else, some executive got big eyes when the tech weenies showed him or her a shiny object, and we get to suffer for it.

Beta tests are all well and good, but there is a reason why every other version of Windows is good and the one before it stinks. . .you have to have a broad sample on your beta tests (seriously. . .Windows 95 bad, 98 good, ME horrible, XP great, Vista disaster, 7 amazing)

mattsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: