Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #256
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

Right now the site is a very weird mix of the old and new. Is anyone else experiencing that? It's like every time I hit submit it, it changes versions. It seems very confused.

BUT at least I was able to check in for our upcoming stay!

B & C , Local AP/TiW holders & resort junkies!
12/08: CR & SSR|10/09: VWL| 1/10:AKL&POFQ| 10/10:AKL| 1/11:CR| 2/11:POFQ| 1/12:AKL|5/12:BC|
9/12:BC| 10/12:SSR| 1/13:ASMu| 5/13:BC| 6/13:POP| 8/13:WL| 10/13:POFQ| 12/13:Disney Dream| 1/14: ASMu| 3/14: BC
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #257
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
Things have not changed since you were a CM in that regard
however when it cimes to a work in progress thing like this website a CM may be old one thin at the beginning of their shift and given many more instructions & "updates" by their area co-ordinators and managers throughout the shift

Frustratings to say the least for all concerned
Thing is CMs don't write copy for websites, either Disney's advertising agency does or their in-house creative dept. I can tell you from experience that when pushed into a deadline, misinformation gets shared all of the time.
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #258
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis908 View Post
Thing is CMs don't write copy for websites, either Disney's advertising agency does or their in-house creative dept. I can tell you from experience that when pushed into a deadline, misinformation gets shared all of the time.
I agree with you BUT the CM on the phones on the front line so to speak is instructed what to say with very little leeway Spiels & different scenarios are role played all the time
Old 01-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #259
princessSunshine
Mouseketeer

What website is everyone using? I'm trying www.disneyworld.com which turns into disneyworld.disney.go.com and it had always worked in the past, now says explorer can't display page, but sounds like some of you can get on to the site somewhat - I can't get on at all unless I do a round about through disney's tv site....googled a restaurant and that got me a round about to make reservations but would rather not have to do this.
princessSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #260
keaster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessSunshine View Post
What website is everyone using? I'm trying www.disneyworld.com which turns into disneyworld.disney.go.com and it had always worked in the past, now says explorer can't display page, but sounds like some of you can get on to the site somewhat - I can't get on at all unless I do a round about through disney's tv site....googled a restaurant and that got me a round about to make reservations but would rather not have to do this.
I have the same issue off and on, can't get to the site directly, have to go a round about route.

I think it's because we have Canadian IP addresses so we get redirected to something else.

-----------------------
DCL Gold, Baby!
Caribbean Magic - February 2009
Bahamas Wonder - September 2009
Mediterranean Magic - May 2010
Mexico Wonder - March 2011
Bahamas Dream - July 2011
Caribbean Fantasy - March 2013

Our DVC Adventures!AKL Jambo - March 2012, AKL Kidani - August 2012, BLT - March 2013, SSR Treehouse - August 2013, AKL Kidani - March 2014
keaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #261
disEAR
DVC Member

I tried logging in to the site today and now the site won't load for me at all. I tried Firefox and Safari, both tell me the server is not responding.. Guess this has been going on for a while for people?

I haven't been on the site for a month or so now...
2011 Disney World Half Marathon 2011 Disneyland Half Marathon 2011 Disney Halloween 5K
2013 Goofy Challenge 2013 Dumbo Double Dare
disEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #262
Canooknic
Mouseketeer

Before I join the stress-train can someone answer a question for me?

How much time does on-line check in actually save? I can handle not having my reservation and ADR showing as I have confirmation in writing, but I was really wanting to check-in online because we won't arrive at the resort until around midnight and want to be as quick as possible getting our kids to bed!

Can anyone let me know so I don't become one of these
Canooknic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:01 PM   #263
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canooknic View Post

How much time does on-line check in actually save? I can handle not having my reservation and ADR showing as I have confirmation in writing, but I was really wanting to check-in online because we won't arrive at the resort until around midnight and want to be as quick as possible getting our kids to bed!

I wouldn't worry about it. There's not going to be a long line to check in at midnight. We checked in around 10:30 and don't think on-line check-in would have made any difference.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #264
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Note on dates.. March is the likely goal for getting the whole system live. The new website is because when you book a ressie or check-in you have to assign your party "Magic Bands" (wristband RFID tickets) at some point in the future and assign them FP+ appointments.

We've seen screenshots of this system, it exists and is part of the new website design.
finish installing the hardware they need to use RFID.

As for making what they have right now work - that's likely to be fixed by this weekend as stated above.

Also.. Epcot.com - for all your Disney Website access needs.
mousermerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #265
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Well, that's fascinating..

If you go to Epcot.com and refresh it - the date/time will change to random foreign languages. Not sure if that's an Easter Egg or a glitch.
mousermerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #266
LSUDis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
Right now the site is a very weird mix of the old and new. Is anyone else experiencing that? It's like every time I hit submit it, it changes versions. It seems very confused.

BUT at least I was able to check in for our upcoming stay!
I'm getting this, too. However, when I try to get to any saved info., I am sent to the infernal "2-question-page-with-no-lit-up-next-sign."
2003-CR, 2004-CBR and CR, May/June 2005--CR and POR, July 2006-CBR and Beach Club, December 2006--Wilderness Lodge, May/June 2007--CRTower and AKL, Nov. 2007--AllStar Sports, June 2008--Pop Century and AllStar Movies, December 2009--Wilderness Lodge, July 2010--CBR, Nov. 2010--Pop Century, May/June 2011--Pop Century, May/June 2012--Allstar Sports, May/June 2013--Pop

LSUDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #267
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Ok my Canadian friends. Yes our IP addresses are just taking us to a blank page or a server error. I have found a way around it however.
Download or use Firefox instead of any other browser. Then do a search (like Google) for Disney Dining. Click the first link that comes up. The dining page will take you into the site. From there you can sign in, make reservations etc.

Now, be warned, the first time you search for a dining reservation and choose a time, you'll fill out your info, hit submit and it will tell you that you've been idle too long. You'll have to sign in AGAIN and that time you should be able to make your reservations.
You also won't be able to see your dining reservations but your resort reservation should be there.

Complicated, backwards and ridiculous but it is a way to get in there and get some dining reservations. Whatever you do SAVE YOUR CONFIRMATION NUMBERS. It's not going to save them for you so you'll want them in a separate file.
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #268
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canooknic View Post

Also if you use the method I outlined above you *should* be able to check in online. At least the option was there for me, I'm just still too far out from my trip.
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #269
redkel
Earning My Ears

I would just like to give a shout out to ssleblanc and mattsdragon for their tremendous work in getting the Disney folks to allow me access to the mixed bag of their old/new enhanced/buggy website. Those strongly worded emails with all caps and exclamation points really did the trick.

You guys rock!

I was able to print out my reservations AND they were all there. I'll be calling you the next time PNC online banking goes down.

55 days...
redkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #270
jsgrand0
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
Things have not changed since you were a CM in that regard
however when it cimes to a work in progress thing like this website a CM may be told one thin at the beginning of their shift and given many more instructions & "updates" by their area co-ordinators and managers throughout the shift

Frustratings to say the least for all concerned no CM is going to risk their job by lying or making things up on the fly just to sound as if they are knowlegable that would be nuts Mgrs monitor telephone interactions for job performance and the CM never knows until after the fact
Good Point! Sorry, didn't mean to upset or blame the CMs!! The whole thing is just frustrating! I never had much trouble with the old website, worked well for me...I wish I had it back!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: