Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #211
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
The site still won't allow me to link my resort reservation, however my ADR's are all linked and pop up when I click the "My Disney Experience" graphic...step in the right direction, at least!
I've having the opposite problem. My room reservation shows up, but my ADR's (that I made *online* December 23rd (after the supposed deadline)) are not.

GAH!!

I really hope someone is cringing in embarrassment at how bad this website is. It's a disgrace.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #212
summermac
DIS Veteran

Two years ago I couldn't get my dining reservations to link. Not a single time. It drove me crazy. Glad to see nothing has changed. HA.
Jun 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort
May 2001 - offsite
May 1998 - All Star Music
summermac is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #213
mattsdragon
DDC #595
Lookin' for the Bare Necessities

Ok, so I've had it with this website, and have sent them a nastily worded e-mail that used many exclamation points.

You should all be relieved that I have now taken care of the problem.

mattsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #214
katieam1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynewbee View Post
All of their sites are bad. The trip is over and now I'm dealing with the photopass site.
Same here!! The photpass site makes me want to pull my hair out! I am also trying to find park hours on their new WDW site and I can not find a thing! We are heading back to the World in July and I am not looking forward to dealing with the site!
My family: DH (Dan 35), Me (Katie 30), dd (Shelby 7), & dd(Madilynne 6) Baby #3 due 8/2/14

katieam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #215
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsdragon View Post
Ok, so I've had it with this website, and have sent them a nastily worded e-mail that used many exclamation points.

Let me know when you get the irritating form letter back that assures you that your 'thoughts have been shared with the development team' ... LOL

I imagine a LARGE dump truck arriving at their office each morning and dumping a pile of paper the size of a house all covered in similar comments for them to 'share with each other'...

Seriously.. heads need to roll on this one and I'm usually more charitable than that.. but quite honestly, it has REALLY put a damper on and buggered up my trip that starts in 2 days.

As of right now, I have 2 dining reservations for the week I'm there. I have given up, I'll make the rest when I get there ... If they don't have the reservations I want, I'll politely point out that their websites were so bunged up I couldn't get thru and then their phones were jammed because of the website being so so so bad.

Let the chips fall where they may at this point.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #216
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:

LOL.. thanks for taking one for the team!

I just think it reflects on them so poorly as their potential point of first contact with customers. It also does nothing to instil any confidence in a customer when they are paying thousands of dollars to not see their reservations or be able to access them.

I am making changes at 52 days out. It is very unlikely I will be able to get my "Mickey Mail" in time. So I can only hope that A) my reservation confirmation gets emailed to me or B)things are fixed soon. The thought of showing up with a list of reservations that may or may not exist isn't very comforting.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #217
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGuy View Post
Let me know when you get the irritating form letter back that assures you that your 'thoughts have been shared with the development team' ... LOL

I imagine a LARGE dump truck arriving at their office each morning and dumping a pile of paper the size of a house all covered in similar comments for them to 'share with each other'...

Seriously.. heads need to roll on this one and I'm usually more charitable than that.. but quite honestly, it has REALLY put a damper on and buggered up my trip that starts in 2 days.

As of right now, I have 2 dining reservations for the week I'm there. I have given up, I'll make the rest when I get there ... If they don't have the reservations I want, I'll politely point out that their websites were so bunged up I couldn't get thru and then their phones were jammed because of the website being so so so bad.

Agreed! Can you imagine the amount of complaints they are getting? And they'd likely be getting more if most of us though anyone would read them or even get to the right people.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #218
mattsdragon
DDC #595
Lookin' for the Bare Necessities

Quote:

Did you tell them you're buggered? I used exclamation marks AND caps.

Now we're going to see some action.

mattsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #219
Happy Birthday Cat
Wonders if the Hokey Pokey is REALLY what its all about?
And is Otto the one?

I just went to make reservations for the beginning of July and after fighting the new web site for the past few days opened up the page and found the old web site to make my reservations on. Someone must have figured out that the new one wasn't working. Old one worked fine for my July 1 and 4 dinner reservations.

HBC

Learn about Restoring Hetch Hetchy at http://www.hetchhetchy.org/

Happy Birthday Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #220
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:

Thanks.

"Strongly-worded emails" do it every time.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #221
esavvymom
Earning My Ears

I'm printing off copies of all my ADR and reservation confirmations now. We leave on Sunday for our trip. I just discovered the website chaos last night and was panicked when it wouldn't link or find my reservation.

Just praying that the reservations are really still there, just the front-end system is having a hard time. But I'll have my paperwork I guess...hope it's enough.
What a mess! not something I'd expect from a company of Disney's caliber and reputation!
esavvymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #222
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
It is very unlikely I will be able to get my "Mickey Mail" in time. .
Ok I'm way out of the loop.. what is Mickey Mail?? Whatever it is I didn't get one.. Maybe I don't need one.. Is this for kids? If it's for Kids I want one. LOL

RE: MattsDragon

Yeah.. I use caps, exclamations points and while I didn't use the word Buggered, I did indicate that their website had forced me to use some very very VERY un-Disney like language as I was trying and failing to plan my trip.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #223
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok I'm way out of the loop.. what is Mickey Mail?? Whatever it is I didn't get one.. Maybe I don't need one.. Is this for kids? If it's for Kids I want one. LOL

RE: MattsDragon

Yeah.. I use caps, exclamations points and while I didn't use the word Buggered, I did indicate that their website had forced me to use some very very VERY un-Disney like language as I was trying and failing to plan my trip.
LOL! Just the envelope you get at about 45 days out with the reservation details. Not as exciting as it sounds

I also, just sent my email that will go nowhere and be read by nobody
It made me feel better though. Especially this line..

"Having a travel destination as outstanding and world renowned as Disney World use that website as it's point of first contact is like me hiring Martha Stewart to plan the worlds most fabulous dinner party and then letting my crazy Aunt Mabel answer the door and scream at everyone to go home."
Old 01-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #224
ssleblanc
How many posts until I'm not a Mouseketeer anymore?

Quote:
Did you tell them you're buggered? I used exclamation marks AND caps.

Now we're going to see some action.
Thank you!

I emailed, but I didn't tell them I was buggered. I used some caps, but no exclamation marks.

I never could get a single ADR to show up on the old site. I wouldn't link them. But I had my resort reservation. Now, I managed to get the ADR's to show up and to actually stay. But as of a few minutes ago, it still won't show my resort reservation.
1974 - Disneyland, stayed with relatives; Thanksgiving 1984 - Offsite (back when WDW was EMPTY on Thanksgiving); Summer 1992 - Disneyland, stayed will relatives; October 1996 - Offsite; October 1998 - 25th Anniversary Celebration, ASMu, September 2006 - Coronado Springs; February 2013 - Mardi Gras at Port Orleans Riverside
ssleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #225
ssleblanc
How many posts until I'm not a Mouseketeer anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
It made me feel better though. Especially this line..

"Having a travel destination as outstanding and world renowned as Disney World use that website as it's point of first contact is like me hiring Martha Stewart to plan the worlds most fabulous dinner party and then letting my crazy Aunt Mabel answer the door and scream at everyone to go home."
That's awesome!!!
1974 - Disneyland, stayed with relatives; Thanksgiving 1984 - Offsite (back when WDW was EMPTY on Thanksgiving); Summer 1992 - Disneyland, stayed will relatives; October 1996 - Offsite; October 1998 - 25th Anniversary Celebration, ASMu, September 2006 - Coronado Springs; February 2013 - Mardi Gras at Port Orleans Riverside
ssleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: