Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #181
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40-Something Kid View Post
Website Worse Than Useless

I manually input dining reservations, including prepaid (Hoop Dee Doo) and credit card guaranteed (California Grill). While all reservations are acknowledged and found when I go through this tedious process, fewer than half attach to my itinerary.

This new web site WAS NOT READY for launch!!! It is a time-consuming process to get ready for a Disney vacation, and this site eats up customer time.

Love you, Disney!!! But, boy, did you ever mess this up!!!
I have the same problem...manually input our reservation for CRT and Akershus and then they all disappear.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #182
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40-Something Kid View Post
Website Worse Than Useless

I manually input dining reservations, including prepaid (Hoop Dee Doo) and credit card guaranteed (California Grill). While all reservations are acknowledged and found when I go through this tedious process, fewer than half attach to my itinerary.

This new web site WAS NOT READY for launch!!! It is a time-consuming process to get ready for a Disney vacation, and this site eats up customer time.

Love you, Disney!!! But, boy, did you ever mess this up!!!
I've been trying the last two days to link my reservation with no luck. I made the reservation back in August. I've also called and been told that "it should be fixed later this week". I'm not holding my breath.

However, I would like the darn thing fixed before I need to make my dining reservations!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #183
Combos
WDW Lodging Resident

Question

I've loved Disney since my first visit 13 years ago, but I only recently started to see the website and this forum.

Don't want to get off topic, and I hope that everyone gets their problems resolved, but I'd appreciate if someone can help me with the meaning(s) to the following acronyms.

TDBIASWS
DD
DH
Combos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #184
Surr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combos View Post
I've loved Disney since my first visit 13 years ago, but I only recently started to see the website and this forum.

Don't want to get off topic, and I hope that everyone gets their problems resolved, but I'd appreciate if someone can help me with the meaning(s) to the following acronyms.

TDBIASWS
DD
DH
I can't help you with the first one, but the last two are commonly used as Darling (or Disney) Daughter for DD, or Husband for DH. DD could also be Downtown Disney depending on context.

See here for some common acronyms:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1660743
Surr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #185
DanInMN
Mouseketeer

I have worked in IT for over 30 years, and in my experience Disney's new site is one of the worst IT disasters that I can remember. There are incredible processes and tools for testing these things. Disney certainly has the resources to do it right if they want to. Someone must have been cutting corners to rush this mess into production.

Eventually they will get it working, sort of (recognizing that the old site didn't work so well either). My experience in Corporate America suggests that a few scapegoats will get the ax, while the ones truly responsible will get promoted.
DanInMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #186
doug74
Mouseketeer

Whoa.. Glad I used a travel agent (Small World)!!
doug74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #187
tink2
DIS Veteran

We are planning a big family vacation for June- 4 different houses of people going (11 in all). Now, I thought part of the purpose of changing the website was so families/friends could plan together- I know I read that somewhere when I first looked at the "Disney Experience" part of the page. We just made 3 ADRs last night- we can pull them up fine, but it won't save them to all of our pages. I made the ADR for Crystal Palace so that is saved in my itinerary. But my brother made the ADRs for the castle and Rose and Crown- I can pull them up- but can't link them to my itinerary and save them- so I have to type in the conf. numbers every time. Not a big deal- esp after reading where people can't even pull up their ressies- but I don't understand why they changed it if you can't plan together.
You'd think Disney could get the website right at least..... and I do use it- I despise calling- I never seem to get anyone on the phone that I can understand!

Me , Dh , DD14 ; DS12
Hilton summer 1987 ~ POFQ Thanksgiving week 1999 ~ Riverside Thanksgiving 2001 ~ AKL Thanksgiving 2003 ~ POFQ Dec. 5-11 2004 ~ POFQ Jan. 26- Feb. 2 2008 ~ POFQ Thanksgiving Week 2009~ POFQ Christmas week 2011 (Dec 25- 31)
tink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #188
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

Well I was having problems getting them to find my vacation reservation...now it won't even let me log on. According to them my email or password is incorrect. Oy.

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #189
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Make sure you're actually sending your complaint to Disney. Every non-contact is considered a vote of confidence by them, that's how they work. "No news is good news."
mousermerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #190
wendyt_ca
DIS Veteran

I can't get onto the site either. I have to google a part to get into it and I have been trying to register and get into the AP site but it's not working at all I just keep getting looped around...

GCF/Vegas April 26-May 3, 2014/AKL SV(DVC)/BLT TPV(DVC) Oct 12-20, 2013 (Girl's Trip)/AOA/AKL SV(DVC) - May 12-20,2013 (1st Trip with little brother)/Townhouse condo off-site - Feb 13-20, 2013/AKL SV/BLT TPV (DVC) - Oct 3-9, 2012 / DLH Paris (DVC) - Sept 10-12, 2012 - London/Paris vacation/AKL(DVC) - April 21-29th, 2012(Girl's trip)/Split Stay - Poly TPV/AKL SV/CR MK View - Oct 11 - 19, 2011 /CBR Oct 31 - Nov 8, 2010 /The Venetian Las Vegas Sept 25 - 30, 2010 - First trip to Disneyland / CSR Nov 27 - Dec 8 2009 /POP June 15, 2008 - June 25, 2008 - Our Disney Honeymoon / Sheraton Vistana Sept 22, 2006-30, 2006 - First Trip/DH proposed during Wishes in Rose Garden
wendyt_ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #191
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf View Post
Make sure you're actually sending your complaint to Disney. Every non-contact is considered a vote of confidence by them, that's how they work. "No news is good news."
I contacted them and they told me they couldn't help me and to contact the resort directly. I don't think that'll fix the problem but at least they know?

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!
and many other trips throughout my childhood!

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #192
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2 View Post
We are planning a big family vacation for June- 4 different houses of people going (11 in all). Now, I thought part of the purpose of changing the website was so families/friends could plan together- I know I read that somewhere when I first looked at the "Disney Experience" part of the page. We just made 3 ADRs last night- we can pull them up fine, but it won't save them to all of our pages. I made the ADR for Crystal Palace so that is saved in my itinerary. But my brother made the ADRs for the castle and Rose and Crown- I can pull them up- but can't link them to my itinerary and save them- so I have to type in the conf. numbers every time. Not a big deal- esp after reading where people can't even pull up their ressies- but I don't understand why they changed it if you can't plan together.
You'd think Disney could get the website right at least..... and I do use it- I despise calling- I never seem to get anyone on the phone that I can understand!
I'm not sure if y'all have done this or not, but did you to the "Modify Guest" part and put in each others profiles? If you didn't that might explain why the ones he made will only show up when you put in the conf. number, since he is the main one on the ADR.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #193
tink2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I'm not sure if y'all have done this or not, but did you to the "Modify Guest" part and put in each others profiles? If you didn't that might explain why the ones he made will only show up when you put in the conf. number, since he is the main one on the ADR.

ok- now I see! I 'invited' the other members and it says that's how you can share stuff! my bad...... well- we just made all of our reservations in the past 2 days- so our stuff is showing up fine (if that invite works, and I think it will). Good luck to everyone else!!! I will say we made some online ressies and the website kept 'restarting' in the middle of making a reservation- went back to the beginning. Maybe they will work it all out soon!
Thanks for the help!

Me , Dh , DD14 ; DS12
Hilton summer 1987 ~ POFQ Thanksgiving week 1999 ~ Riverside Thanksgiving 2001 ~ AKL Thanksgiving 2003 ~ POFQ Dec. 5-11 2004 ~ POFQ Jan. 26- Feb. 2 2008 ~ POFQ Thanksgiving Week 2009~ POFQ Christmas week 2011 (Dec 25- 31)
tink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #194
tlh4hart
Earning My Ears

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug74 View Post
Whoa.. Glad I used a travel agent (Small World)!!
Me also....But i like to see everything on the site as a reminder of what i have to look forward to. I won't receive the official documents from my TA for a couple of months (trip April 12-21 2013). Plus i made some changes to my ADR's that differ from what the TA made for me, although I was able to manually enter my ADR's just not the resort and tickets.
tlh4hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #195
Muddypaws
Mouseketeer

After watching a video of the fireworks at MK last night my DH said that the people who coordinated the fireworks should be given the job of the new web site and app - they would probably do a better job. The fireworks and web development probably cost the same amount!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: