Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
sunshineNJ
DIS Veteran

grocery or convience store in Port Canaveral

I wanted to know if there was a either of these that I could have a cab stop at because after our Bahamas cruise we are staying at the Ron Jin Resort for 2days. I know I can't bring any food or drink on the ship and I won't have a car with me. I don't want to spend a fortune on food and drink at Ron Jon so hopefully there is a place to stop and get a few things. Is there? Thanks
sunshineNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

There is a Publix in Cocoa Beach right across from the Best Western hotel and Thrifty car place.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #3
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

You can bring repackaged foods on te ship. also, you can bring your own alcohol.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #4
Cheerio
Welcomed Guest
Has adorable photos in her signature...

I'd suggest doing an online grocery service and have them deliver to RJ after your cruise, you'd have to go further south to get a grocery store - past RJ. If you want just snacks/beer, there's a racetrack gas station just beside the Residence Inn, we got coolers and beer there for our last cruise.
Disney Fantasy February 2014 - Trip Report (in progress)

Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
sunshineNJ
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the suggestions. I thought you couldn't bring any packaged food on the ship. I have used Garden Grocer for our WDW stays, maybe they deliver to the Port area.
sunshineNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #6
FLORIDAFUNFAMILY
Mouseketeer

winn=dixie grocery store right across the street and the free trolley goes up and back and publix is in both directions. pretty easy to get around the beach area. mcdonals across the street and lot of other places close
FLORIDAFUNFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #7
SunLuvr321
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORIDAFUNFAMILY View Post
winn=dixie grocery store right across the street and the free trolley goes up and back and publix is in both directions. pretty easy to get around the beach area. mcdonals across the street and lot of other places close
The Winn-Dixie and McDonalds are across the street from the Ron Jon store, not the resort. The resort is further north, near Jetty Park.

I don't know about having things delivered, but as people have said there is a RaceTrak that is not too far away and a Publix at 5645 N Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach, which is about 4 miles south of the Resort. We do have plenty of taxi services including the "Pay What You Want Taxi". I have never used them so I can not say what they are like. I have just seen their cabs and thought it was an interesting concept.

2/2013-Disney Dream ~ 9/2009-Carnival Sensation
SunLuvr321 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #8
FLORIDAFUNFAMILY
Mouseketeer

oops, missed the resort part, still a lot is close by .
FLORIDAFUNFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #9
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineNJ View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I thought you couldn't bring any packaged food on the ship. I have used Garden Grocer for our WDW stays, maybe they deliver to the Port area.
You can bring packaged food on and off the ship. You cannot bring fruits/veggies/plant material, opened packages of food or non-packaged foods off the ship. If everything you need is packaged and won't be opened on the cruise you can get it before you sail.

That said, I would just get it afterwards. There is a Publix, as mentioned, and also a WalMart not to far from Port Canaveral.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #10
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Depending on what you want, you might also be able to ship a box to yourself at the hotel. Call hotel in advance to verify and be sure the box has your name and check in date prominently displayed.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: