Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #16
cristyhas3
Mouseketeer

I'm going to DTD tomorrow!! I cannot wait! My plan is to stop in DLH, and if Goofy's hanging out, have him sign a postcard for my kids. When they get a postcard from Goofy, in the mail, they are going to flip!!

I'm just going to take my time, get some dinner, and soak up all the magic I can. Since we're staying at PPH, I'll probably stop in there, as well just to check it out.

For our actual trip in March, I reserved Goofy's for our arrival night to celebrate DS's birthday. I need to make the rest of our reservations, but I'm waiting for the hours to be posted, for our dates first.
Nora, 3

Heading to the Happiest Place on Earth in March!

My Blog: www.sewmuchlikemom.com
cristyhas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #17
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristyhas3 View Post
I'm going to DTD tomorrow!! I cannot wait! My plan is to stop in DLH, and if Goofy's hanging out, have him sign a postcard for my kids. When they get a postcard from Goofy, in the mail, they are going to flip!!

I'm just going to take my time, get some dinner, and soak up all the magic I can. Since we're staying at PPH, I'll probably stop in there, as well just to check it out.

For our actual trip in March, I reserved Goofy's for our arrival night to celebrate DS's birthday. I need to make the rest of our reservations, but I'm waiting for the hours to be posted, for our dates first.
I think that sounds like a great plan for tomorrow! That's a good idea to check out the PPH and get the lay of the land!

When I have seen Goofy hanging out, he has been in the lobby of the tower where you check in at the DLH. Sometimes he is right around the actual check-in desks and sometimes he is kind of standing over in the area with the bronze Mickey and Minnie statuettes by the elevators.

Be sure to stop in World of Disney too - just because it's so darn huge and there are so many things to see!

Oh, and another idea if you have time - there is a Walt Disney Travel Company office in DTD. It's around a corner (from either AMC Theaters or Earl of Sandwich) and not on the main path. They have some cool free books that you can pick up for Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line (the Cruise Line book is actually quite substantial). The DLR and WDW books list all of the hotels, all of the lands and various other fun things.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #18
cristyhas3
Mouseketeer

DTD was so much fun! I ended up getting to go twice. I'll update with a few pics once I get them uploaded.

While I was there, I walked the route from PPH to the DCA entrance at GCH: 7 mins. And the route from PPH to DL, through GCH/DTD: 11 mins. Not too bad.

I'll be back!

Our trip is in just 36 days!! I cannot wait!
Nora, 3

Old 01-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #19
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristyhas3 View Post
DTD was so much fun! I ended up getting to go twice. I'll update with a few pics once I get them uploaded.

While I was there, I walked the route from PPH to the DCA entrance at GCH: 7 mins. And the route from PPH to DL, through GCH/DTD: 11 mins. Not too bad.

I'll be back!

Our trip is in just 36 days!! I cannot wait!
Thanks for timing the PPH to parks route. We'll be using that one too! Did you get any yummy treats from Marceline's? That's why I love walking through DTD!

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #20
cristyhas3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
Thanks for timing the PPH to parks route. We'll be using that one too! Did you get any yummy treats from Marceline's? That's why I love walking through DTD!

PHXscuba
You're welcome!

I walked in, but the line was crazy long. I got some of my all-time favorite Goofy's Cherry Sours from World of Disney, though. Yum.
Nora, 3

Old 02-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #21
cristyhas3
Mouseketeer

Hey hey hey!! Our trip is just two weeks away! I can't believe it. I still have a ton to do, and am out if town, working at a quilt show, so I can't do anything until next week. Torture.

Mickey Mail!!!! Aren't these tickets adorable!

I had such a fun time when I visited DTD, last month. I only got a few pics...

Iconic. I've only seen pictures of this, and was giddy like a little kid to see it in person.

This wall map of Disneyland is fabulous.

Yumm-O!! I had the Caprese sandwich at EoS, and it was uh.maze.ing.

Our hotel. It's so pretty at night. The kids are going to be shocked that we're staying here. Can't wait!!

I'm still planning on making a dress or two before we leave. Oooo, pretty fabric.

It's crunch time when I get home!
Nora, 3

Old 02-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #22
cristyhas3
Mouseketeer

Hey hey hey!! Our trip is just two weeks away! I can't believe it. I still have a ton to do, and am out if town, working at a quilt show, so I can't do anything until next week. Torture.

Mickey Mail!!!! Aren't these tickets adorable!

I had such a fun time when I visited DTD, last month. I only got a few pics...

Iconic. I've only seen pictures of this, and was giddy like a little kid to see it in person.

This wall map of Disneyland is fabulous.

Yumm-O!! I had the Caprese sandwich at EoS, and it was uh.maze.ing.

Our hotel. It's so pretty at night. The kids are going to be shocked that we're staying here. Can't wait!!

I'm still planning on making a dress or two before we leave. Oooo, pretty fabric.

It's crunch time when I get home!
Nora, 3

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: