Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 05:41 AM   #16
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Our DD was 7 when we took her to CRT. She is absolutely NOT a princess kind of kid. She loves Cars and Toy Story and doesn't care much for the Princesses at all. Our theory was, she'd like to eat in the castle, the food looked really good and we wanted to give her the experience. She absolutely LOVED it!

Is it expensive? Yes, it isn't a cheap option at all. However, you're getting more than just the Princesses. In our experience, the Princesses spent a good amount of time at each table. Belle sat talking to our DD about reading books (one of our DD's favourite things in the world!) and she thoroughly enjoyed it.

The experience of eating in the castle was something in and of itself and although we went for dinner not breakfast, the food was exceptional. You also get the photo package, the kids get a wand and wishing stars and the CM's were fantastic. Our Server that night saw us in Epcot a few days later with her family and she made a point of coming up to our DD and said "Hi Katie, it's nice to see you again, did you enjoy seeing the princesses?"

I think, like a lot of things, it is worth what you're paying even if it seems really expensive. Another great example of that is Discovery Cove. I hear so many people struggling with whether or not to go because it's an expensive day and I too was on the fence with both CRT and DC but having taken the plunge, I don't regret either and will do both again on my next trip.

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #17
jenhum
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for all of the advice! I think we are going to keep the reservation. We most likely won't be coming back until DD is 10-12, so it will be fun to do it once while she is little. I thought about doing the Pirates and Pals cruise instead, bc that sounds awesome and I know she'd love that (and me too! haha) but Wishes isn't until 10 when we're there, and even though she is a pretty flexible kid, that's a long time to stay up after bedtime after an exciting, exhausting day. So it looks like CRT will be our pick!
jenhum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #18
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

I would do it! Breakfast is the best meal I've heard. We did dinner there two years ago and it was not good at all. We want to do the breakfast next time.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #19
shopgirl78
Mouseketeer

I had a princess obsessed 4 year old when we went in 2009. I wish we would have went to CRT then, we didn't, but we did Askurus (sp) which the breakfast was awesome as well as the princesses. We did CRT when DD was 6 and she was at the tail end of the princess phase. The food was eh, but the atmosphere was AMAZING as well as the princesses. We did lunch after BBB.

I think its a gotta do one time. When will you go again? If its before she turns 6, then maybe wait. If it will be a while, go and get it off the bucket list.
March 2015 DCL/AoA

8 years 6 years 4 years
shopgirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #20
partigus
Mouseketeer

never had bfast there

Yes, darn expensive plate of eggs!We've done dinner there twice- enjoyed both, both the first was better (the initial experience, plus the food was higher quality). one nice thing about an inpark character bfast is early entrance- us it to get pictures you'll never be able to otherwise get (ie no other people in them)

Now, you say, epcot is only a half day so Norway is out...why? you could book dinner there? That said, dinner is expensive if payog oop. Last year we werent on thr DP and it happened to start pouring down rain around dinner time. We were planning on CS in Mexico- but seeing no li ne, gotr the family into Norway. I'm used to thinking of it as a "bargain" as a 1 credit meal...After sitting down, I realized why it IS a bargain for a 1 credit meal....dinner for our family of 5 set me back about $250 with tip..
2010 Contemporary (5)
2009 Beach Club Villas (6)
2008 Wilderness Lodge (5)
2005 French Quarter (7)
2004 Wilderness Lodge (2)
2004 Marriott World Center (2)
2003 Polynesian (4)
1996 Port Orleans (4)
1992 Off Site (2)
1988 Grad Night (1)
1988 Naval Training Center (1)
1987 Grad Night (1)
1987 Naval Training Center (1)
Several family day trips- early 80's (4)
Trips to Fort Wilderness Campgrounds in early 70's (?)
partigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:42 AM   #21
Atchley
"Bedsheets? Who invited that kid?"

We ate breakfast at CRT one year with DD and DS. Is it worth the price? No. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat. It was just as much of a thrill for me as it was them to eat in the castle. We probably will never do it again but for that one moment when they were little, the experience was magical.

May 30/June 8 2013-AKVJune 6/9 2012-CBRJune 9/16 2012-VWLSept 4/11 2010-BLTSept 3/8 2009-PORJuly 17/25 2009-WLJuly 19/26 2008-WL July 15/22 2006-CBR July 20/26 2003-ASMo
Atchley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #22
mslhb
Mouseketeer

We just had breakfast there a few weeks ago. Loved it! Definitely the best meal of the trip. The food was really good. I had the stuffed French toast and DH had the steak frittata dish. Being in the castle is a very cool experience. Our character interaction was great. Besides Cindy we also saw Snow White, Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, and Jasmine. We booked the latest breakfast time possible. That way we got a bunch of rides in and then enjoyed a nice brunch!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #23
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

We did CRT for the first time last trip. We did dinner for DD's 1st birthday. It was expensive, but the experience was worth it (and the food was fine. DH actually really liked his meal). DD's eyes were so big the whole dinner just taking everything in and she had a blast with all the princesses when they got to our table. The whole restaurant actually oohed and aahed every time DD ran up to a princess

I am disappointed they got rid of Belle at CRT though.

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV Upcoming Trip: October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!*
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: