Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #61
Happy_N_Doc
Mickey Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjjohnston View Post
Thank you Barb.. You are the best for creating and maintaining this group
I think everyone wants to get gifts finalized, so we will close the list as of Friday, March 1. That will give us 5 weeks to get everything settled. [B]No more[/B] additions to the Fish Extender list as of March 1. If you want to participate, please let me know before March 1.
Happy_N_Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #62
ajaeb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_N_Doc

I am working on that to update the FE list. My husband updated it with the names before I got the info from them. Savannah is 14, Sammie is 10. I will have him add it to the list and repost it ASAP.

Thanks, Barb
Excited to be taking part in this for the 1st time. This will actually be our 4th Disney Cruise..1st time on the Dream & we are so excited!
ajaeb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #63
yjjohnston
Wife & Mommy

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaeb View Post
Excited to be taking part in this for the 1st time. This will actually be our 4th Disney Cruise..1st time on the Dream & we are so excited!
Welcome Amy & kids!

This is our 2nd Disney cruise but our 1st time on the Dream & our 1st time participating in the FE exchange.

This is our 20th+ cruise. We began cruising back in 1989 on our honeymoon. Personally we have NEVER had any "bad cruises"...

I have a countdown on my cell phone. I am getting excited!

Yvette
yjjohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #64
Klee3067
Earning My Ears

Double the Fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaeb View Post
Our little family wants to be a part of FE's and I mentioned it on another thread.

Amy
DD - Savanah
DS - Sammie
Room #9154
Hi Amy! I'm so happy that your little family is going to be joining us!
I've got to say, I'm a little jealous--I noticed in your mention of another thread that it looks like you are sailing back to back cruises and are getting to participate in back to back FE exchanges. Double the fun for you! Hopefully I will be able to convince my hubbs to do that one of these days!
Where is your 04/04-04/07 cruise going?

Katie
Klee3067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #65
cmarquardt
Earning My Ears

Hi,
I just found this forum by accident during the search for our cruise. We are virgin cruisers and are soooo excited about going. Made the decision on a whim. With that being said...we booked our cruise and have taken a stateroom that we will not know where it is until we arrive. That was part of the deal. I have discovered the whole fish extender thing and would LOVE to participate! Is that possible? My husband and I are taking our g/d who is 12. She has no idea and won't until Easter. Will put an egg in her Easter basket with a ticket inside stating she will be going. K....whew...Would like to join the group w/the extenders....any thoughts or ideas? Thanks so much! c
cmarquardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #66
cmarquardt
Earning My Ears

Disney Dream Cruise Set Sail April 7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_N_Doc View Post
I think everyone wants to get gifts finalized, so we will close the list as of Friday, March 1. That will give us 5 weeks to get everything settled. [B]No more[/B] additions to the Fish Extender list as of March 1. If you want to participate, please let me know before March 1.
Hi Barb! We are cruise first timers and I wanted to make sure I got in on the FE exchange. Not exactly sure how this all works...will do some more research, but this sounds so much like FUN! I called the Disney Cruise line and they told me that we should know our State Room # at least 10 days prior to the cruise! I cannot wait! cmarquardt
Old 02-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #67
Happy_N_Doc
Mickey Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarquardt View Post
Hi Barb! We are cruise first timers and I wanted to make sure I got in on the FE exchange. Not exactly sure how this all works...will do some more research, but this sounds so much like FUN! I called the Disney Cruise line and they told me that we should know our State Room # at least 10 days prior to the cruise! I cannot wait! cmarquardt
Easy to get you on the list.
Just let us know you, your husband's, and granddaughter's names and we'll update the list.
You can post your cabin number when you get it.

Here's a link the the FAQ that has some info about FE. In case you haven't seen it.

Tom & Barb
Old 02-17-2013, 12:54 AM   #68
cmarquardt
Earning My Ears

Carla

Andrew

Skylar (girl, 12)

will post State room # when it becomes available
Old 02-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #69
Happy_N_Doc
Mickey Fanatic

Fe List

Fish Extender List
Dream Cruise, April 7, 2013

Cabin 8643
Tommy, Katie Lee
Cooper (Girl) 5
Cabin 8150
Doug, Lizzie
Thomas (Boy) 6, Mary (Girl) 4
Cabin 8152
Tom, Barb
Cabin 5168
Jimmy, Yvette
Aubrey (Girl) 7
Cabin 7068
Bryan, Melissa
Austyn (Boy) 10, Carter (Boy) 7
Cabin 9011
Steve, Julie
Katie (Girl) 7, Matthew (Boy) 5 1/2 months
Cabin 8158
Scott, Natalie
Isabelle (Girl) 10, Amelia (Girl) 8
Cabin 9154
Amy
Savannah (Girl) 14, Sammy (Boy) 10
Cabin TBD
Andrew, Carla
Skylar (Girl) 10
Old 02-17-2013, 09:21 PM   #70
cmarquardt
Earning My Ears

Hi Barb,
Skylar is 12. The searching for ideas on the FE is like wha....lots to take in. I had no idea. Fun looking to see what everyone has done in the past. My head is just swimming trying to decide.
By the way....wanted to thank you for organizing this exchange. It is very much appreciated! Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_N_Doc View Post
Fish Extender List

Cabin 8643
Tommy, Katie Lee
Cooper (Girl) 5
Cabin 8150
Doug, Lizzie
Thomas (Boy) 6, Mary (Girl) 4
Cabin 8152
Tom, Barb
Cabin 5168
Jimmy, Yvette
Aubrey (Girl) 7
Cabin 7068
Bryan, Melissa
Austyn (Boy) 10, Carter (Boy) 7
Cabin 9011
Steve, Julie
Katie (Girl) 7, Matthew (Boy) 5 1/2 months
Cabin 8158
Scott, Natalie
Isabelle (Girl) 10, Amelia (Girl) 8
Cabin 9154
Amy
Savannah (Girl) 14, Sammy (Boy) 10
Cabin TBD
Andrew, Carla
Skylar (Girl) 10
Old 02-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #71
yjjohnston
Wife & Mommy

Quote:
Hi Barb,
Skylar is 12. The searching for ideas on the FE is like wha....lots to take in. I had no idea. Fun looking to see what everyone has done in the past. My head is just swimming trying to decide.
By the way....wanted to thank you for organizing this exchange. It is very much appreciated! Carla
Carla,

IF you are on facebook, search for "fish extender disney cruise line". It is a free group on facebook where people talk about FE's & FE gifts exchange ideas. IF I (being NON-crafty) can come up with something, believe me you can too.

Good luck! Only 49-days to go until our cruise.

Yvette Johnston
yjjohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #72
3bedardboys
Earning My Ears

We are first time Disney cruisers and I am still trying to get a handle on the FE thing. We are a party of 6 split into 2 adjoining cabins.

Can you tell me if this group is planning on doing a gift per person or per cabin? I think per person would be too much for me to handle, but I sure do love the idea of surprises built in & will try to get in on the action if possible. I am also wondering if this group will be doing assigned nights or delivery whenever you want?

Finally, as new Disney cruisers, is there anything I need to know to make this super fun and special for my 3 boys (8, 7, & 4 at time of sailing)? Special perks, events, etc that us newbies may miss?

Thanks so much and can't wait!
Kim
3bedardboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #73
Happy_N_Doc
Mickey Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bedardboys View Post
We are first time Disney cruisers and I am still trying to get a handle on the FE thing. We are a party of 6 split into 2 adjoining cabins.

Can you tell me if this group is planning on doing a gift per person or per cabin? I think per person would be too much for me to handle, but I sure do love the idea of surprises built in & will try to get in on the action if possible. I am also wondering if this group will be doing assigned nights or delivery whenever you want?

Finally, as new Disney cruisers, is there anything I need to know to make this super fun and special for my 3 boys (8, 7, & 4 at time of sailing)? Special perks, events, etc that us newbies may miss?

Thanks so much and can't wait!
Kim
KIm,

You can do per cabin if that is easiest for you. There is no time to do it, just when you and your family feel like doing it. (I usually like to do it the 1st or 2nd day so I have it done). It is just fun, especially for kids to come back to their cabin or wake up in the AM to find a surprise in their FE. If you are interested, just post your cabin numbers, the adults names and children's names and ages so we can find age appropriate gifts.
Now, something that we were not aware of on our first cruise was Pirate Night. Your boys might want to bring "pirate attire" to wear on that night, hat, shirt, eyepatch, tatoos, etc to look like pirates. Disney does give you a pirate bandana, but each year they seem to get smaller. They almost cover your head. Some people go way out, some a little. It is up to you. I am sure your boys will go crazy over Aqua Duck. My 5 year old grandson just loved it. They will also like Oceaneers Club and Oceaneers Lab.
We welcome you to this cruise and hope that you decide to participate in the Fish Extenders.
If you need more info or have any questions, just post. Someone will have the answer.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #74
Happy_N_Doc
Mickey Fanatic

Quote:
Hi Barb,
We will correct Skylar's age.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #75
Happy_N_Doc
Mickey Fanatic

FE List

Fish Extender List

Cabin 8643
Tommy, Katie Lee
Cooper (Girl) 5
Cabin 8150