Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 02:12 PM   #31
Klee3067
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcroswell View Post
This is also my family's first Disney Cruise. We stumbled upon the FE program reading on the boards last night and need to get more information before we commit, but is it too late if we decide for this cruise? We have our son Landon (9) and daughter Lauren (7) who will be sailing with us.

Thanks
Kyle
Hi Kyle!

I'm happy to hear that your family will be cruising with us, and hopefully you will all decide that the FE is something that you would like to participate in. Our group is still very small (5 cabins right now), so it should not be an overwhelming task to put together the gifts for each cabin. And, I know that the plan is to keep it to a fairly small group because this is VACATION--so it is supposed to be FUN, and not work!

People handle the FE Exchange different ways. Some people choose to give one family gift per cabin, while others give smaller individual gifts to each person within a cabin. It is your preference.

There has been no cut-off date stated as of yet, so you still have time to do some more research to see if it is something that your family might be interested in.

If you have any questions about any of it, then don't hesitate to ask! I'm sure between all of us, we could answer any questions that you might have.

Katie
Klee3067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:13 PM   #32
Happy_N_Doc
Mickey Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcroswell View Post
This is also my family's first Disney Cruise. We stumbled upon the FE program reading on the boards last night and need to get more information before we commit, but is it too late if we decide for this cruise? We have our son Landon (9) and daughter Lauren (7) who will be sailing with us.

Thanks
Kyle
It is certainly not too late to sign up for the FEs. I will send info in a PM to you.

Hope you can join us.
Happy_N_Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 03:50 PM   #33
Happy_N_Doc
Mickey Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klee3067 View Post
It looks like several of us are in Georgia and are cruising for Spring Break.
I was just wondering if any of you were from Gwinnett County Schools? Their Spring Break seems like it is a week later than years past...
Our grandson, who will be with us on the cruise, is from DeKalb County and this is his Spring Break. I know last year when we went over Spring Break, it was right before Easter. I have a feeling that this is a better time to go. It does seem like a lot of Georgia people will be on the cruise, so don't know what other counties are on Break:
Old 01-31-2013, 06:43 PM   #34
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am so excited for your family--especially Carter!!! I read up on his condition, and a magical "Firework Cruise" is definitely what he deserves!!!
Your boys are both precious and I look forward to getting to know your family throughout this cruise!

Katie
Thanks!! He a has sure been through and continues to go through a lot, so I am excited for something positive for him!! Can't wait to hear more about everyone!
NEmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:14 PM   #35
yjjohnston
Wife & Mommy

Gwinett County, Georgia

Quote:
It looks like several of us are in Georgia and are cruising for Spring Break.
I was just wondering if any of you were from Gwinnett County Schools? Their Spring Break seems like it is a week later than years past...
We are from Gwinnett County, GA (Lawrenceville). We live about a mile from The Avenue Webb Gin (on highway 124 between Snellville & Lawrenceville). We are in the Brookwood high school district. What district are ya'll from?

Yvette
yjjohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:02 PM   #36
yjjohnston
Wife & Mommy

Aubrey & Aubrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhax07 View Post
Hello all-
We are on the April 7 cruise too for our children's spring break. DD aubrey 11, DS kayden 6, DH, and myself are looking forward to this trip. It is our 1st Disney cruise. This will be a very special cruise for us not only because it is our first but because my DH will have just returned from a deployment. Not sure about doing a FE yet but I am thinking about it. Looking forward to the cruise and my children making new friends.

Wecome to our Disboards! We have an Aubrey also (age 7) that will be on the cruise. Maybe the two Aubrey's can meet on board.

We went on our 1st Disney cruise in April 2012 (spring break). We didn't get signed up in time to participate in an FE exchange group, but I saw many FE's (hanging on the walls outside cabins. I had to ask what they were and why they were there. I am so glad to be a part of an FE exchange group.

Hope to see you in 66 days!

Yvette Johnston
Old 02-01-2013, 06:35 AM   #37
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Ok question for all of you that are experienced with DCL. What do you usually plan for dinner clothes? I read no tank tops, do this include dressy as well? We have been on Carnival and they have a very dressy night. Just want to make sure I plan right. What excursions does everyone have planned? Just found out that we are staying at the Holiday Inn the night before. We get in to Orlando about so I need to find a fun idea for the evening.
Thanks!!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #38
Happy_N_Doc
Mickey Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEmel View Post
Ok question for all of you that are experienced with DCL. What do you usually plan for dinner clothes? I read no tank tops, do this include dressy as well? We have been on Carnival and they have a very dressy night. Just want to make sure I plan right. What excursions does everyone have planned? Just found out that we are staying at the Holiday Inn the night before. We get in to Orlando about so I need to find a fun idea for the evening.
Thanks!!
OK, I can give you a little insight into dinner dress. When we took our first Disney cruise in 2007, dinner was a less casual event. Formal (or semi-formal) was dressy and women wore nice dresses and men wore suits (some wore tux). It is not like that anymore. People kind of wear whatever they want and formal night has become an option! They suggest no shorts, tank tops, T shirts at dinner, but I've seen people come to dinner in any of these. Guess they figure no one's going to kick them out. We try to stick with the suggested dress for dinner, and most people do, but you will see a few who don't. They do take pictures (if you want) so you do want to look nice, but you certainly do not NEED to bring any formal clothes that you would think you might need. Slacks and a nice top are fine. Hope this helps. Some people do bring Pirate type clothes for pirate night (hat, beads, shirt, etc)
Old 02-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #39
yjjohnston
Wife & Mommy

Evening Attire..

Quote:
Thanks!!
I plan on bringing one dressy outfit, so we can get some good pictures. I LOVE formal night!

One evening will be Pirate Night. At your table you will have a pirate bandana (1 per person) so don't be fooled into buying the bandanas "right outside the retaurant". We did that last year If you want to dress up like a pirate, you can bring anything you own from home. It's NOT necessary though. Not sure if your boys are still into the pirate-stage.

The other two nights, I'll dress casually - capris or skirt or summer dress. Yes, you can wear a tank-top (dressy). Just NO shorts. Not sure about jeans.

Our daughter has a pirate-costume from Halloween so we'll see if it still fits...

NOTE: IF you do wear a tank-top or sleeveless shirt to dinner, you might want to bring along a sweater or light jacket. It can get cool inside (dining room & theater).

Enjoy planning!
Yvette Johnston
Old 02-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #40
Happy_N_Doc
Mickey Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjjohnston View Post
We are from Gwinnett County, GA (Lawrenceville). We live about a mile from The Avenue Webb Gin (on highway 124 between Snellville & Lawrenceville). We are in the Brookwood high school district. What district are ya'll from?

Yvette
Thomas and Mary, our grandchildren, live in DeKalb Co. and are in the Lakeside High School district.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #41
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your take on the dinner clothes! I plan on doing shirts for pirate night, that is the night Carter is looking forward to! His wish was for a 'firework' cruise so he can't wait for those! I did get our cabin number today and we are in 7068. I am so glad we got a balcony!!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #42
Happy_N_Doc
Mickey Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks for your take on the dinner clothes! I plan on doing shirts for pirate night, that is the night Carter is looking forward to! His wish was for a 'firework' cruise so he can't wait for those! I did get our cabin number today and we are in 7068. I am so glad we got a balcony!!
We will put your cabin number in the FE list
Old 02-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #43
Happy_N_Doc
Mickey Fanatic

FE List

Fish Extender List
Dream Cruise, April 7, 2013

Cabin 8643
Tommy, Katie Lee
Cooper (Girl) 5
Cabin 8150
Doug, Lizzie
Thomas (Boy) 6, Mary (Girl) 4
Cabin 8152
Tom, Barb
Cabin 5168
Jimmy, Yvette
Aubrey (Girl) 7
Cabin 7068
Bryan, Melissa
Austyn (Boy) 10, Carter (Boy) 7
Cabin 9011
Steve, Julie
Katie (Girl) 7, Matthew (Boy) 5 1/2 months
Old 02-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #44
Happy_N_Doc
Mickey Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_N_Doc View Post
Fish Extender List
Dream Cruise, April 7, 2013

Cabin 8643
Tommy, Katie Lee
Cooper (Girl) 5
Cabin 8150
Doug, Lizzie
Thomas (Boy) 6, Mary (Girl) 4
Cabin 8152
Tom, Barb
Cabin 5168
Jimmy, Yvette
Aubrey (Girl) 7
Cabin 7068
Bryan, Melissa
Austyn (Boy) 10, Carter (Boy) 7
Cabin 9011
Steve, Julie
Katie (Girl) 7, Matthew (Boy) 5 1/2 months
This is the most recent FE list. We will continue to update it as needed. Also, if you are upgraded or change cabins, please send me a PM or post it so we can change it on the list. If you have a cabin change at the last minute, we are in cabin 8152, so just leave a note on our door. Also, please check our door to see if we have posted any changes in the FE list.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #45
iadreamer
Earning My Ears

FE Family Addition

Please add us to the list! DH Scott, DD Isabelle (10), DD Amelia (8), and myself (Natalie) are excited to try our first cruise! The girls LOVE the idea and can't wait to get some items to share. We are in cabin 8158
iadreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: