Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #16
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count me in!!
MelMel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #17
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

Day 1 Narcoossee's With Photos Part One

After a long day that included driving 2 hours to Orlando, our wedding rehearsal, droping off our cake stand to Grand Floridian Bakery, checking into Grand Floridian, getting Jeff's tux, dropping off about 25 welcome bags to 6 different Disney resorts that our guests were staying at, and making it back to Grand Floridian. Our parents rehearsal dinner was for 6:10 pm. We thought we were going to be late because by the time we made it back to Grand Floridian it was 5:30 pm. We didnt have any time to freshen up, but I did have time to change into a nice dress. Excuse the lack of make up...

We ended up getting to Narcoossee's about 6:15 pm, and asked for a table by the window. They must have seen my celebration info on our reservation because as we walked in they all said Congratulations!!! Even the kitchen staff.

They ended up putting us right at the window that was directly towards the castle at a table for 6. They had personalized menus there for us that said Congratulations Michelle and Jeffrey & Happily Ever After that we were able to keep. Jeff and I were on the dining plan, but were also paying for our parents and told them to order appetizers and desserts too. I will try to remember what they had and if they liked it, but I dont have pictures for their meals just ours. These pictures were taken from 3 different cameras... so some of them ended up being blury. My dads camera took the best pics. And if I didnt have a picture for something I borrowed it from the interet.

Michelle's dad ordered a coke to drink, a side salad and the filet entree. Michelle's mom ordered a coke to drink, the filet meal ane baked chocolate mousse for dessert. They both LOVED their meals.

Jeff's dad ordered a coors light to drink, crab cakes, the filet entree, and the chocolate coconut creme brulee. Jeff's mom ordered a iced tea to drink, a side salad, crab cakes, the filet entree, and the chocolate coconut creme brulee. They both seemed to love their meals, but I really didnt ask them.

We paid for both sets of parents and the total was $262.97 with 18 % gratuity added and tax = $327.40. Jeff and I were on the DDP but ours would have been with 18% gratuity added and tax = $205.53.

Jeff ordered the crab cakes for appetizer that was served with a sweet potato salad. Jeff thought the crab cakes were amazing. He doesnt eat sweet potatoes, so I ate the salad. It wasnt what we were thinking when they wrote salad. It is shaped in a cube, but is some yummy goodness of sweet potato and mayo. Sooooooo YUMMMM.

Then for Jeff's entree he ordered the filet and lobster. He licked his plate clean with this meal and still talks about it to this day.

For dessert Jeff ended up getting the almond crusted cheese cake because I had heard how wonderful it is.... he picked off the almonds to just eat the cheesecake.

Jeff's dessert is the one in the front...

Jeff's Ratings
Meal: and he would give 10 if he could... he loved this meal.
Ambiance:
Overall:
Would Jeff eat here again? Yes!!!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014

Last edited by 2012DisneyWorldBride; 01-02-2013 at 03:03 PM.
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #18
2012DisneyWorldBride

Day 1 Narcoossee's With Photos Part Two

I ended up going against my better judgment and instead of getting a salad as an appetizer, I got the soup. It was the lobster corn chowder. It comes with a spicy oil and since I love things spicy, I asked for extra spicy oil. This soup still had no flavor. It was really watery and after I decided I didnt want it after eating Jeff's sweet potato salad, even Jeff didnt want it. I dont have a picture of it sorry. I also got the filet and lobster meal. I eat my steaks well done... I know I know... but even with this steak well done, I could cut it will a butter knife. Soooo YUM. I ended up getting the chocolate coconut creme bruele for dessert. Very good!!!

Meal:
Ambiance:
Overall:
Would I eat here again? Yes!!!

After dinner, we walked around the grounds of the Grand Floridian with our parents, took them inside the main building, and up to see our room with the view of the castle. After they left, the electrical water parade started and then the fireworks, so we watched them from our room balcony. It was so romantic and magical!!!!Then we had to head straight to bed since the wedding day was the next day and my hair and make up team were coming at 5:00 am, which means I had to be up at 3:00 am to shower and get things ready.

This is our view in the day time.

Next up...
B - Cape May Cafe with 30 people!
D - Le Cellier

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014

Last edited by 2012DisneyWorldBride; 01-02-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #19
dizzyblonde
Earning My Ears

Congrats! Lovely pix of the engagement & wedding!

subscribing to read the rest of your updates
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #20
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

Beautiful Bride! Wedding &just everything looks beautiful!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:14 PM   #21
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

The engagement and wedding photos are fantastic! Congrats! I love Narcoosee's and would love some of that cheesecake right now.

Jill in CO
Old 01-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #22
2012DisneyWorldBride

Day 3 Cape May Cafe With Photos Part One

Since day 2 was our wedding day and we didnt use any meal credits that day, I thought I would skip it, but I remembered that we did order room service while we were getting ready in the room. It was for Jeff, both of our moms, and I. I decided I had to do a review on the meal because for my meal I ordered eggs benedict and it was the best eggs benedict I have ever eaten!

I ordered the eggs benedict, and hash browns. My mom ordered the kids meal french toast with bacon. Jeff's mom ordered the kids egg meal with a biscuit and fruit. Jeff ordered the pancakes with strawberries, blueberries, and bananas with bacon. We also ordered coffee, and a coke. The kids meals came with a milk and water. Total with 18% gratuity and tax = $87.72

On to Day 3!!!

We had a 10:30 am farewell breakfast reservation for our 30 guests at Cape May Cafe. We did a lot of research where we wanted to have this event. We4 couldnt do it in a park because we didnt want our guests to have to have a ticket to get in, and I really wanted a character breakfast. It seemed like our best options were Chef Mickeys... which I havent been to but everytime we go into contemporary it seems so loud and crazy, and Cape May Cafe... which I have never been to either, but seemed nice. I ended up getting Yacht Clubs actual hotel phone number by seraching online and called and asked to be transfered to Cape May Cafe at about 185 days out to talk to the manager (Tony who was wonderful!) about how to book such a large group, he explained that I had to wait till our 180 days out even for that, but that he would make the reservation for me and call me with the confirmation number. I explained to him that we really wanted to get that side room to our selves, and he suggested waiting till 10:30 so that it was towards the end of breakfast time so that he could work on clearing out the room for us.

Jeff and I arrived, however, we werent the first people, so they signed in and told them about us all wanting the side room and that we had spoke to Tony about it. They were seated. When Jeff I got there we did have to wait for like 15 minutes to have tables in that room clear out, but it gave us time to mingle and get photos with the characters.

I didnt get photos of our actual food since it was a buffet but I did get some overall photos. This is where I learned that I LOVE Disney orange juice and Mickey Waffles!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The room

Characters

Other pics...

The dessert they brought us..

Old 01-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #23
2012DisneyWorldBride

Day 3 Cape May Cafe With Photos Part Two

It was our second favorite breakfast buffet food (Tusker House gets favorite) but not in character interaction though.

After the breakfast in Beach Clubs lobby.

Michelle's Reviews
Meal:
Ambiance:
Overall:
Would I eat here again? Yes but not super important

Jeff's Reviews
Meal:
Ambiance:
Overall:
Would Jeff eat here again? Yea

Day 3 Le Cellier for dinner coming up!!!

Old 01-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #24
2012DisneyWorldBride

Day 3 Le Cellier For Dinner With Photos

After we left Beach Club from our breakfast, we had to hurry back to Grand Floridian because in about an hour we had a in room couples massage. It was sooooooo nice!!! They were able to fit both massage tables next to each other, they made it super dark, and we were able to hook my Ipod up to the alarm clock radio and played some of our wedding music softly in the background. It was HEAVEN!!!

After the massage people left, we had to think about getting ready for dinner. We had a reservation for 6:10 pm. We decided we would leave our hotel at 5:00 pm and take the monorail to Ticket and Transportation and jump on the Epcot monorail. Well... even given ourselves 1 hour and 10 mins we were still late to Le Cellier by 10 mins!!! First there was a wait for a monorail leaving Grand Floridian, then when we switched over the Epcot monorail there was another wait for a monorail for about 20 mins, then on the Epcot monorail after it loops into Epcot we were paused for further traffic clearance for about 15 mins. So without those slow downs we would have been on time. lol

WE arrived at Le Cellier and checked in at 6:20 pm. They told us it was no problem that we were a few minutes late because their kitchen had been backed up and they were about 30 minutes behind seating people. They were doing trivia in the lobby which was pretty fun but HARD!! I am a Disney freak and was only able to answer 1 question correctly about what was the name of price Eric's dog in Little Mermaid...duh that was my favorite movie... MAX!!!

We finally got seated. Jeff started looking over the menu and realized in almost every dish there was something he didnt like or that he was allergic too... so he had to customize things a little.

I got the beer cheese soup for an appetizer (how could I not?!?!?!? I get it every food and wine!), I got the mushroom filet meal (again... (how could I not?!?!?!? I get it every food and wine!) but asked for the cream cheese potatoes and was told that is only for lunch...,and the kids chocolate mousse for dessert.

Jeff got the scallop appetizer but since he didnt like what came with it and on it, he just asked for seared scallops which turned out to be a little boring but ok. He got the duck meal, which again he had to leave something out, and the kids chocolate mousse for dessert. Which he didnt know was actually a "chocolate moose" LOL his face was priceless, but it was pretty good!

No scallop pic... sorry but it was just seared scallops the way he ordered them.

Our total with gratuity and tax came to $162.43.

Michelle's Reviews
Meal:
Ambiance:
Overall:
Would I eat here again? Yes

Jeff's Reviews
Wasnt too thrilled with Le Cellier
Meal:
Ambiance:
Overall:
Would Jeff eat here again? Not unless I really wanted too.

Up Next:
L - 50's Prime Time Cafe
D - Cinderella's Royal Table

Old 01-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #25
gardengirl628
I'm sorry I bit you....and pulled your hair....and punched you in the face.

Great reviews so far...thanks for sharing! And congrats to you two! Beautiful pictures.

Dana
WDW-offsite 1977, 1984; Dixie Landings November 1998; CSR June 2007; AKL November/December 2009; BWV/Western Magic/BLT February 2011; BCV July 2011; BLT/3 day Dream October 2012; HHI April 2013; BW August 2013
gardengirl628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #26
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

AWWWWWWWWWWW!!! You guys are ADORABLE!!! what a wonderful story!! What a fun journey you've been on. Congratulations and best wishes for a lifetime of happiness!!!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #27
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

congratulations! Great reviews and I've just told both my kids that the only way I pay for their wedding is if they get married at WDW

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #28
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Congratulations! You were certainly a beautiful bride and you two are an adorable couple!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #29
2012DisneyWorldBride

Thank you for all the sweet comments

Sorry I took a break on this report because we got our professional wedding pictures in and I have been going through those! There are 7 disks with over 4,000 pictures! I will start up my dining TR again really soon I promise!

Michelle

Old 01-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #30
Dreamin Disney
Mouseketeer

Congratulations!

Wow, what an amazing way to start off your marriage! You look BEAUTIFUL and so very happy. Congratulations to the newly weds!
Dreamin Disney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: