Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #61
andysomma1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinsMommy View Post
Booking a trip to the world at the same time Disney decides to change their website. Its gotten to the point that I go from to to to at the end of the day with dreams of it being better the next day, only to find more issues instead of less.
Me too.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #62
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by budafam View Post
I just got an ice cream machine for Christmas & Dole Whip mix Loving it!
Wait, where do you buy Dole Whip mix? TIA.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #63
mad madam mim78
DIS Veteran

I think the mistake I'll never make again is making HS the first park of our visit. There's just not a lot for the little kids to do and they were awful the whole day. It started our trip off on the wrong foot. I think if we would have started at MK things would have gone smoother.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:43 PM   #64
TunaSled
No Windows and No Doors

Leaving the parks because of rain. We once got rained on hard at Epcot. We ducked into Innoventions and it didn't let up so we grabbed our resort bus. The moment we got back, the sun was shining. It turned out to be a gorgeous evening but we scurried away... lemons to lemonade, though. We did laundry and sipped drinks at the resort. Still, we now know enough to stay our ground and wait the November rain out.

WDW Commando Club member #220

Old 12-28-2012, 11:22 PM   #65
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Our biggest mistake on our previous trip was trying to do too much in a single day! Somehow this happened twice in the same trip! We usually are very relaxed, we aren't rope drop people. We make at least 1 ADR a day but we take everything as it comes.

One particular day, we headed for Universal for the day. As arrived at 8am and stayed until about 6pm before we headed back to WDW. We hadn't liked Universal much so we then came up with a "brilliant" plan to head for EPCOT which was open until 1am. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!! The day was simply too long and were grumbly by the time Illuminations had started. We actually stuck it out until 1am but we absolutely shouldn't have!

We had another similar day, also at EPCOT. We got into EPCOT at 10am but we had two reservations, Coral Reef for lunch, Le Cellier for dessert and then we had to least the park by 6pm for something we had planned outside of WDW. Never again! It was just too rushed, we felt we were running late all day and we couldn't even really enjoy our reservations or EPCOT.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Old 12-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #66
StarMoon
Child at Heart

Truly park-hopping, which is what we did last time, isn't for me. Being able to get to a couple of the smaller parks in one day is fine. But going from one park getting a fastpass then going to another park and riding a few rides then going back to park a ride the fastpass ride then over to park c to eat...no i don't like it. The day feels like its so much longer to me and half of it is spent travelling. One park or 2 at the most (one in the morning one in the afternoon) is what i like.

Past Trips:

Disney World 1991, 1997, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012

Upcoming? Who knows but I'm hoping to do a Disney Cruise with friends and family for my 30th birthday in 2015
Old 12-28-2012, 11:35 PM   #67
Soccer and Swim Mom
Stay at Home Mommy of 2

We had the full dining plan. (First time dining plan. First time at Disney.)

We were using our dining plan snack credits for a diet coke or bottle of water. I will pay closer attention next time, pay for drinks and save the snack credits for dole Whips and other costlier items.

By day 2 my 5 year old daughter and I figured out the dining plan gave us WAY TOO MUCH food. We split an adult counter service meal. Then we would get the kids meal in the afternoon/early evening and share for a snack.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:41 PM   #68
awoogala
Mouseketeer

1.I will not book 8 full commando days for us. Everyone lost it by day 7. homesick, stressed, angry. Last time we gave in and gave them a night off in neverland-in the middle of the week-while we hit epcot- best decision EVER.
2. put off going to the pool until the end of the week. With 2 kids who begged and grumbled and just wanted to get in the pool, I went commando and made them do parks only until it was scheduled.. then it was freezing by that time. If I had just let them get in the darn pool to begin with, we could have enjoyed the parks more.
3. Get frustrated with the kid who rides very little. She is happy to just soak up ambiance, and play with the anoles. I was the one who had to mellow. Not everyone loves rides.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:02 AM   #69
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Mistakes made, but never again.

1. Renting a car. I'm on vacation and do not want the hassle. Plus I may
want a drink or 4.

2. Not get the dining plan. What can I say, it just works for us.

3. Go with extended family or friends.

4. Not have at least one resort day.

5. Pay for a touring plan. I don't know what I was thinking. We know
how to enjoy our Happy Place. Scrapped it at 3PM of Day 1.

6. Attempt to leave right after Fireworks.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:28 AM   #70
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoZo View Post
Wait, where do you buy Dole Whip mix? TIA.
http://www.unifiedenterprisescorp.com/products2.html

FYI, shipping is pricy since it's coming from Hawaii!

May 2011 - Pop Century August/September 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside October 2014 - Port Orleans French Quarter November 2015 - Art of Animation

Old 12-29-2012, 12:43 AM   #71
jenny-pooh
Mouseketeer

Fastpass Faux Pas

I allowed my DS to sleep in and went off to DHS for rope drop to get fastpasses for TSM. Brought his ticket but did not realize he needed to scan his finger. DUH! Then to top it off I did not get in line to ride even though it was a short wait!
Old 12-29-2012, 01:55 AM   #72
Bullseye
Faithful Companion

Not driving my own car! WDW is way better with wheels!

Ballad Of Bullseye ~ Bullseye my pony, Bullseye my pride, Bullseye mi amigo, Bullseye I will ride. Across the wide prairie, beneath the blue sky, We'll ride on forever just me and Bullseye...

Old 12-29-2012, 07:55 AM   #73
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Because I always eat my words when I say NEVER...we tried going again, in the summer. Now I can say, with 100% certainty...we will NEVER go again in July or Aug!! The heat & humidity literally sucked the life right out of us. We spent more time looking for shade, water and taking naps because the heat wore us out. We missed SO much at our beloved Epcot, never even tried AK because its' so open there. We DID spend a lot of time at the resort by the pool.

Nope, for us it's just not a fun trip and I surely didn't like spending THAT kind of money to miss out on half of the fun. This coming trip is 1st week in April and that's as hot as I'll go
Old 12-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #74
lync
Mouseketeer

Not planning the park I would be at before making dining reservations.....

The first trip with the DP, we were running from park to park just to eat!!! Lesson learned....I look at a crowd calendar, plan my park, then make out reservations!!
Old 12-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #75
DisneyHardin
DIS Veteran

My biggest mistake was waiting until day 3 of our vacation to tell my in-laws "you all just meet us when you can" and not spend an inordinate amount of time sititng around waiting on them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: