Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #571
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post

Next time may I recommend taking the direct bus from AK to Epcot?
Okay, I need to know how to find out about the buses before our trip this summer. Help me, please?

Old 04-15-2013, 11:13 PM   #572
ChocoKat
Is there a 12 step program for Disney Addicts?

Biggest mistakes...
  • Not enough sunscreen
  • Not enough hydration
  • Not bringing good walking shoes that were actually fitted to my silly flat feet
  • Over planning
  • Not taking a break on time to time to sit down while attempting to do all four parks headliners in one day (I just had to try it... it was fun, but never again).
  • Thinking we could do it all in 3 days

After many trips we figured what worked for us, and now we live next door to MK due to work, so we go every other day to the parks to walk and exercise, maybe fit in a ride depending on lines.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #573
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa1970 View Post

Okay, I need to know how to find out about the buses before our trip this summer. Help me, please?
The buses run from resort to park. And there are services from park to park. We have used the park to park service before to hop if there was not an alternative route.
There are no buses from from DTD to any of the main parks.
Buses run from early (so if you have a breakfast ADR no problem with getting a bus) until 1 hour after park closing.

1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ

Old 04-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #574
KMcCP
Mouseketeer

Although we enjoyed them last time, I won't book as many character meals, and just stick to maybe two. Since meal times are usually rest breaks- between buffets and waiting for characters etc- I found it to be stressful sometimes. Going to and from the buffet for myself and little ones, and trying to manage the photo ops/autographs was a pain after a few meals.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #575
jmendez24
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinsMommy View Post
Booking a trip to the world at the same time Disney decides to change their website. Its gotten to the point that I go from to to to at the end of the day with dreams of it being better the next day, only to find more issues instead of less.
The expressions made me laugh.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #576
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdubswife View Post
I will NEVER, EVER go to DISNEY with my psycho SIL. Ever. Just typing this reminds me of that vacation and gets my blood boiling.
I've got one of those too. She ruined every vacation I ever took with her. She always runs late and mucks everything all up.

I will never go commando ever again. I hate the way I feel after my vacation. I'm exhausted.
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!
Old 04-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #577
girlb4amirror
Mouseketeer

I will never book an ADR on our arrival day again. Our flight was late, so we were practically running to make it to our ADR on time. And after a plane, bus, and stressful stroller ride, my 2 1/2 year old did not last long at the restaurant... not surprising.

I will only book one character meal per trip.

I will not leave MK right after the fireworks.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #578
CuriousRapunzel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrysky View Post
The buses run from resort to park. And there are services from park to park. We have used the park to park service before to hop if there was not an alternative route.
There are no buses from from DTD to any of the main parks.
Buses run from early (so if you have a breakfast ADR no problem with getting a bus) until 1 hour after park closing.
What busses are these and what are the schedules ?
Old 04-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #579
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

We lost the car in the TTC car park when the children were very little with no drinks or snacks. I was convinced one of the kids was going to get ill with dehydration before we found it. Took us over an hour
Old 04-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #580
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousRapunzel View Post

What busses are these and what are the schedules ?
These are the buses that Disney put on for the use of all guests. There are bus stops for each resort and a board directing you to the right one. Beware the stops for each resort are not the same number at each park.
Schedule is from around 6am to 1 hour after park closing and run every ten mins.

1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ

Old 04-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #581
DisneyMama21
Disney Obsessed and Loving it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer1168 View Post
Mine would have to be watching Wishes directly at the front. You can definitely hear the fireworks, but will hardly see any of them. Couldn't believe I made that mistake. I blame the castle for being so awesome and pulling me in like a magnet
Yep! Did that too! I was shocked that there was no one waiting there right in front of the Castle for Wishes viewing...and then I found out why. It was awesome for "Celebrate the Magic" though!! But won't be doing that again. Also, as PP said, will try things for myself without taking the opinion of others. Some of the things others told us were horrible turned out to be our faves (and vice versa)

DH Me, DS9 , DD7, DD5
Old 04-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #582
scrappinannie
Mouseketeer

Mistakes:

Watching Wishes from the Hub in MK. Man, talk about claustrophobic! In our defense, it wasn't completely on purpose. We had watched the electrical parade in Frontierland, right in front of the Christmas shop, and for some reason decided to move more towards Main Street (in front of the castle) for the fireworks. Yeah, that didn't work out!

Going to HWS on the first Saturday of Star Wars weekend....and NOT realizing it was SWW.

Not purchasing our photopass pics/disc the last time we went. I let DH's guilt over the price wear me down and I decided just to get the pics from our character meals while still in the park (Chef Mickey's and Askerhaus). I still took many great pics with my camera, but I wish I would have got the CD. Pics are so important to me and DD was 3 at the time and went to BBB....Never again will I skip photopass.

Good things:

Finding the DIS and researching when and where to find characters. My DD so badly wanted to meet the Beast and we found him...right where the fellow dis'ers said he'd be. We were even near the front of the line.

Bringing our own snacks into the parks and not doing the dining plan. We like the flexibility to eat when and where we want or not at all.

Renting a car. Disney transportation can be great....or it can be not so great. Having your own car makes it much easier to get where you want to be on your time frame, not someone else's.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #583
HolidayRose
Mouseketeer

Thanks to lesson learned from tropical storm Debbie, we will all have decent rain jackets next time we head to Disney.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #584
GoldieLocks5
Mouseketeer

our only mistake was not having something to cover our stroller with from the rain - it got SOAKED while we were in the Lion King show- horrible dounpours ... stroller was wet for 2 days.

[/url]
Mom to 1+Twins, all boys
Planning our 3rd Disney trip! 1st was March-April 2012, Suite @ ASMu. 2nd was May 5-11 at Beach Club, and 3rd will be early May, Beach Club again!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #585
CuriousRapunzel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrysky View Post
These are the buses that Disney put on for the use of all guests. There are bus stops for each resort and a board directing you to the right one. Beware the stops for each resort are not the same number at each park.
Schedule is from around 6am to 1 hour after park closing and run every ten mins.
But only Disney resort guests can use them? We're staying off site. :S
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: