Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #466
tstidm1
DIS Veteran

I'm starting to get comfortable doing Roller Coasters (Not sure why), but I missed out on doing Space Mountain due to a mechanical issue. I'm going in three weeks and the first ride in MK will be Space Mountain even before new Fantasyland and Little Mermaid.

Another mistake was not having fairly new shoes when I went. I got blisters because of that. I am packing bandaids and just bought shoes a couple of weeks ago, so they should be broken in three weeks when I get there.
June 2011 Off Site
July 2012 Pop Century
March 2013 All Star Sports

Old 02-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #467
jenjordan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoZo View Post
I have a great sunscreen that works at water parks, Coppertone Sport spray (in the blue can). It's really waterproof -- I had to wash it off (scrubbing very hard!) with a soapy washcloth to get it to come off! You don't have to apply it nearly as often as other sunscreens I've tried, either.
Seriously the best sunscreen ever. We have used it at the ocean, water parks, etc and I only had to spray my very fair-skinned children and DH once and it lasted all day.

DH Me DD1 (14) DD2 (11)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #468
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstidm1 View Post
Another mistake was not having fairly new shoes when I went. I got blisters because of that. I am packing bandaids and just bought shoes a couple of weeks ago, so they should be broken in three weeks when I get there.
Blister advice -

* put Body Glide all over your feet (including bottoms) or use moleskin in areas you know blisters are likely

* Buy runner's socks and never cotton socks

* Use blister bandages instead of bandaids. Bandaids will roll up from the friction.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #469
mommystieg
Now understands that the old stupid question is the one you don't ask! :)
When I set the alarm it has to end in "0"--6:30 cannot be 6:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegansmommy View Post
Making a dinner reservation for our arrival night.
Made that mistake only once, too. We drive from Texas and it was so stressful trying to check in, get a little bit unpacked, freshened up and to our ressie on time.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #470
mommystieg
Now understands that the old stupid question is the one you don't ask! :)
When I set the alarm it has to end in "0"--6:30 cannot be 6:31

Thought of another one:

I always make sure I have alternate evenings planned to see the night time shows and fireworks. On our first visit ever it rained A LOT and I think it took us three tries to see the MK fireworks - they kept getting cancelled due to lightening. Now I always make sure to schedule the evening festivities during the earlier part of our trip so that if something does happen we can try again later in our trip.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #471
John Paul
42 Wallaby Way

we don't use the busses we always have a car as the kids can get in the car and we don't have to wait at the end of the day

1st trip in 1974
1980 1984 Senior Trip (Missing River Country)1985 and 86 several times 1988Contemporary 1990Kissimmee 2000Kissimmee
2006 Pop Century 2008 Port Orleans French Quarter
2009 CBR 2011 CSR 2012 Poly and US and IOA 2013 to come!
Old 02-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #472
wordwitt
Mouseketeer

Second the trip insurance thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
My mistake I won't be repeating is not buying trip insurance. After badly spraining my ankle one week prior to our last trip in September, I won't ever book a vacation without purchasing it again.

In complete agreement with this. This is our cautionary tale: Last year, I took my daughter to WDW for her 11th birthday. The trip was great until we dropped off the rental car and were at the airport waiting to board our plane. She started feeling sick, so my plan was to see if we could cancel that flight, get a hotel room for the day, and then see if her stomach settled (we had already turned in the rental car). As we're standing at the ticket counter, my daughter, who is not in any way a drama queen, collapsed to the floor in excruciating pain (she described it as abdominal and chest pain), white as a sheet, and having trouble breathing. 3 people called 911. The airport paramedics came, evaluated her, and decided she needed to be transported, so the Orlando paramedics transported her to the ER. Thankfully, it turned out to be a food-borne illness--I think we were all worried it was cardiac in nature-- and the pain was relieved immediately with an IV of an anti-spasmodic med (and one of the paramedics was Belle's husband. ha.) BUT because we were out of network, our out of pocket cost for the episode was over $2500. Had I purchased trip insurance the way we normally do, that wouldn't have been the case. So, even if all your trip-goers are young and in good health, I say TRIP INSURANCE!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #473
SpacePlace
Mouseketeer

I had a similar experience with the Mint Julep
Old 02-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #474
cheshirecatattack
Mouseketeer

Bump!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #475
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

I thought of another one! This didn't happen to me at Disney but it was at a local amusement park that required a lot of walking. I never get pedicures but the ONE time I did was a day before I went to this amusement park. Turns out those callouses on the bottom of my feet are good for something! My feet were in a crazy amount of pain that day. Blisters everywhere. Maybe it was just me and my sensitive feet but I wouldn't recommend it before a trip that requires lots of walking.

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
Old 02-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #476
Tigerlulu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvkramer
I will never go 7 months pregnant again.
I will never move our vacation dates to accommodate my in-laws who only cared about our nephew and not our kids anyway.
I will never stand quietly while people push in front of me when i've been saving a parade spot for 3 hours at SWW.
Holy Moly--are we the same person? Lol! 7 months prego in Disney in June with my parents who only cared about my niece...and the crowds who push and shove...Misery!!

And definitely will not ever let any of that happen to me again!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #477
thestevied
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad
Mistakes made, but never again.

1. Renting a car. I'm on vacation and do not want the hassle. Plus I may
want a drink or 4.

2. Not get the dining plan. What can I say, it just works for us.

3. Go with extended family or friends.

4. Not have at least one resort day.

5. Pay for a touring plan. I don't know what I was thinking. We know
how to enjoy our Happy Place. Scrapped it at 3PM of Day 1.

6. Attempt to leave right after Fireworks.
Agree with all!
1st trip - July 1989 WDW, 2nd trip - Aug1993 WDW, 3rd trip - July 1997 Tokyo Disneyland, 4th trip - June 1999 WDW, 5th trip - Sept 2002 WDW, 6th trip - Sept 2003 WDW, 7th trip - Feb 2004 Euro Disney, 8th trip - Jan 2005 WDW, 9th trip - June 2005 WDW, 10th trip - Sept 2006 WDW, 11th trip - Sept 2007 WDW, 12th trip - Oct 2008 Disneyland, 13th trip - Sept 2009 WDW, 14th trip - Sept 2010 WDW AKL, 15th trip September 2011 - Dolphin resort, 16th trip - September 2013, Yacht Club, 17th trip - September 2014, Dolphin Resort

Old 02-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #478
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinsMommy View Post
Booking a trip to the world at the same time Disney decides to change their website. Its gotten to the point that I go from to to to at the end of the day with dreams of it being better the next day, only to find more issues instead of less.
YES!!!!!!! It was AWFUL!!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #479
SA mom
DIS Veteran

Not spending enough time at the resort that we paid so much for.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #480
SA mom
DIS Veteran

Not buying the frame for the artwork we purchased. Cost me a lot more because it was an odd size.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: