Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #451
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Eating a BIG late breakfast at Crystal Palace in June! It was SO hot and we were so full that we couldn't function. We walked to Tomorrowland, rode TTA and went back to the room. Waste of a morning.

Going without checking best parks per day. Once we realized how much better crowds were on the recommended parks, we never looked back. We paid TGM for years, now easyWDW seems to work for us.

Not paying attention to resort activities. Once we realized how much fun the kids could have around the pool, we built that into our vacation and it was wonderful.

Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 02-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #452
Dis_Dreamin
Mouseketeer

Biggest mistake, that I won't do again...

Late evening events, followed up by pre-rope drop breakfasts. Multiple days in a row.

Did the Fireworks Dessert party on our arrival night on our last trip, which got delayed by >1 hour due to rain. Ended up getting to the resort near 11pm, just to get up at 5:30 to get ready for breakfast at Epcot with princesses. Long park day followed by breakfast at Tusker House the next morning...then finally Fantasmic! that night followed by breakfast at Crystal Palace the next morning. By the end of Day 3 we were totally wiped out, and still had 7 more days to go...
Oh, did I mention we were up at 5:30 every morning those first three days...yeah, not a good plan.
DIS Dad's Club Member #621 (since 2011)

June 2008 - Port Orleans French Quarter (First Trip)
May 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort
April 2013 - Coronado Springs Resort (Mom and Dad only Anniversary trip!!)
October 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort
June 2015 - DISDads Dream Cruise

Last edited by Dis_Dreamin; 02-06-2013 at 02:25 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #453
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Going to a hard ticket event on the day of arrival. Never again.

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

Old 02-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #454
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Taking my mil in August. I did everything I could to accommodate her-- stayed off site in a 3 bedroom condo, left the parks between noon and 1 each day for lunch and down time, packed snacks and h2o for the parks etc. The second to last day of our trip we stayed at the condo, hung out etc until 3pm them headed to MK for my DS (then 14 months) 1st haircut and my DDs BBB. The plan was hair etc then take a slow tour around the park and watch one last wishes as our flight the next day left at 6pm.
NOPE! By the time the girls were done with their hair she was cranky crabby and ready to go. And since we were off site that meant we had to leave too.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #455
Sarya
Earning My Ears

Not reading a thread like this before leaving in 20 days. I have learned alot.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #456
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

I will never add on a resort overnight while I am currently at WDW. When I called from the resort, it was to be added to our reservation. The reservation was booked without a last name and could not be found. We were locked out of the room so we were unable to get the confirmation number. After an hour and half discussion with the manager at check-in, I was given a card to enter the room and get the number... but my family had to sit on a bench by the check-in desk to prove we weren't leaving. We ended up wasting 3 hours of the evening we added on. I was livid! Will never happen again!
Old 02-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #457
bvkramer
Earning My Ears

I will never go 7 months pregnant again.
I will never move our vacation dates to accommodate my in-laws who only cared about our nephew and not our kids anyway.
I will never stand quietly while people push in front of me when i've been saving a parade spot for 3 hours at SWW.
I will never book a two week vacation with a toddler again and try to go to the parks everyday. which i hope means i never have to open the door to AKL management and explain the screaming sounds that have been reported. (my husband had to fly hope early and my almost-3-year-old lost it. I was 7 months pregnant, alone, and I just gave up and let him have it out)
Old 02-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #458
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis908 View Post
Spending all day in the lazy river at the water park and not constantly reapplying sun screen... I got so badly burned I got sun poisoning. It was one of the most painful experiences of my life and my dad wouldn't let me miss more than a day. Then my second mistake was wearing a sleeveless shirt after that. It hurt so much to have a shirt on my shoulders, but having my burn exposed made it worst!
I have a great sunscreen that works at water parks, Coppertone Sport spray (in the blue can). It's really waterproof -- I had to wash it off (scrubbing very hard!) with a soapy washcloth to get it to come off! You don't have to apply it nearly as often as other sunscreens I've tried, either.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #459
stink
Mouseketeer

Biggest mistake is trying to do too much and please everybody.

New motto at WDW is Do Less, and Enjoy it More !

Old 02-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #460
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I will never be at WDW without a car. We had one for only a portion of our trip the last time we were at WDW and I really missed not having it.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:56 AM   #461
mhnewcomb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoZo View Post
I have a great sunscreen that works at water parks, Coppertone Sport spray (in the blue can). It's really waterproof -- I had to wash it off (scrubbing very hard!) with a soapy washcloth to get it to come off! You don't have to apply it nearly as often as other sunscreens I've tried, either.
THIS. And don't be fooled by the knock-off brands...they are cheaper, but you will reapply often and it will cost more in the long run!

Old 02-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #462
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhnewcomb

THIS. And don't be fooled by the knock-off brands...they are cheaper, but you will reapply often and it will cost more in the long run!
Ain't that the truth. Have the sunburn scars to prove it! Worth buying the real deal. Good advice.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 02-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #463
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

I will never tour without moleskin and Monistat's anti-chafe gel. that stuff has SAVED our commando style of touring!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #464
Praying Colonel
DIS Veteran

I won't be back in the summer anymore. It may not be a mistake for you, and it used to not be a mistake for us, but I think as I'm getting older I just don't handle the oppressive Florida summer heat/humidity (mainly humidity) well anymore. In spite of the usual stuff we do to take the edge off the heat, it took a lot of the fun out of it for me.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #465
Legendteri
Mouseketeer

Overall I think our went really well. If I was going to pick out a mistake, I would say pack less. We had too much stuff.

I also would have used our first hour at rope drop MK a bit wiser. I wasted too much time at Tony's trying to get a pawtograph of Lady and the Tramp. What was I thinking ?
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: