Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
hvanes
Mouseketeer

graduation ear hat availability

We will be at WDW the week following Memorial Day. We just found out this morning that due to some crazy April ice storms and snow days last week, our son's kindergarten graduation has been moved, so he will miss it.

I want to get him a graduation ear hat, but I'm afraid they will be gone by May 28. Is that a possibility? I can order one online but don't see a way to personalize it.
hvanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvanes View Post
We will be at WDW the week following Memorial Day. We just found out this morning that due to some crazy April ice storms and snow days last week, our son's kindergarten graduation has been moved, so he will miss it.

I want to get him a graduation ear hat, but I'm afraid they will be gone by May 28. Is that a possibility? I can order one online but don't see a way to personalize it.
I would not expect to get it then. Last year I saw them online and thought about ordering them for my niece and nephew who were graduating from high school and I was surprising with a quick trip. My daughter didn't think they would want the hats so I did not get them. Once we got to FL my niece mentioned them and we looked and asked EVERYWHERE and they were no where to be found nor did they know if they would get more in and every merchandise area felt like they should be available year round. Now if they are smart they learned from that BUT I go a lot and have kept my eyes out and do not regularly see the graduation ears.

I took the kids the weekend of May 24th (around there) and this is when they were all gone.

So I would order online. Call and see if personalization is available. You may also be able to take them into the World with you and pay for them to be personalized then,

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
siskaren
DIS Veteran

I would buy it now and get it personalized when you go. The thing though is that it's adult size, so it might be a little big on a 5 year old.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #4
tink18
Mouseketeer

I had graduation ears last year, my parents bought them as a surprise for me from amazon, here are the links to the 2 different styles:

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Exclusi...graduation+ear

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Exclusi...graduation+ear

You can also buy them from disneystore online here: http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-mo...0292/#longDesc

I had mine personalised in the shop at the exit of Philarmagic in MK. I asked if it was ok as I hadn't bought them there and she said it was fine as they were clearly disney ears. I cant imagine it would be an issue, if it is just try another hat location in one of the other parks

hope this helps
tink18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
hvanes
Mouseketeer

Thanks - great info!
hvanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
ars0525
DIS Veteran

I was browsing the Disney store website this morning & saw graduation ears.

If you are worried about personalizing it, I am sure you can always some embroidery done after you receive it--maybe even in your home town?
Got my AP so visit whenever I can!

There's no crying at Disney
ars0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #7
WrenMatilda
Earning My Ears

Those are so cute!

I can't remember ever seeing them for sale in the parks. Maybe I've just been going the wrong time of year.

WrenMatilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #8
dawn102677
Mouseketeer

I bought a set when i was at Disneyland last month.
dawn102677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #9
Cloudless Nights
DIS Veteran

I bought mine online last year and had them embroidered in the Chapeau on Main Street on MK when I was there in August. The CM was hesitant at first when I asked for embroidering after I had bought them at home, but luckily the manager was there too and said it was ok.
** August 2010 - Caribbean Beach ** January 2011 - Caribbean Beach
** August 2011 - All-Star Sports ** August 2012 - Caribbean Beach
** January 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ** May 2013 - All-Star Music **August 2013 - Pop Century
** August 2014 - Boardwalk Villas/Kidani Village ** January 2015 - Pop Century (NAVC conference)
** June 2015 - Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - Theme Park View!

Cloudless Nights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #10
PrincessSamanthaC
Mouseketeer

I definitely would not wait until then to get them. The disney store online has them. Thats where I would go and get them and soon. They sell out quick.

Nov 05' ASM, Nov 07' PC, Oct 09' CS, Nov 10' AKL Oct 11' BC, Aug 12' BC Aug 13' BC, Aug 14' GF
PrincessSamanthaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #11
ilovedisneyworld
Mouseketeer

when we were there in march i saw a few people wearing them. They laced up in the back. Maybe you can lace them tighter for a smaller head?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #12
chessie
DIS Veteran

My friend's daughter graduated in December of 2012. She took her to Disney as her graduation trip and there was nothing there for 2012, including hats. Graduating in December is a very common thing. You would think that Disney would have merchandise out at that time, but Disney is very quick to pull merchandise when they think the time is up.
chessie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: