Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #106
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

I hope everyone is having a safe, happy, and healthy New Year's!

Mike and I got up this morning and hit the Y. I did the elliptical for 36 min (3 miles), stretched and strength for 13 min and ran 1 mile at a slow 11 min pace.

I have decided to try to run at least one mile every day in 2013. Four out of the 7 days each week it will only be one mile, because I am going to stick with my scheduled 3 runs a week. I really want to be able to say I did something for an entire year. It might not work, but I am going to give it a good shot.

QOTD
I'm Rose. 45, Mom to a college senior. (Who is never going to leave school. He has hopes of a graduate degree in CS and then onto law school.) I work three days a week for a non-profit. I have struggled with my weight for most of my life as well as not really feeling great for a lot of my adult years. I started on my healthy journey (again) in 2010 with lots of help from my WISH friends. I gave up gluten in 2011 and feel oh so much better. Something fun--in case you didn't figure it out--I am running my first full marathon in 12 days! I have run 8 (I think) half marathons since September of 2010 and I really do enjoy working out. I fought a lot of injuries in 2011 and 2012, so I am hoping for an injury free 2013!

Postive--I am very organized!

Off to update my spreadsheet with everyone's weigh-ins.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #107
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Rose, no we didn't get the flu shot but apparently the strain that's making the rounds isn't covered by the shot. It's a crap shoot every year with that.

So far I'm feeling a little better today although my throat hurts more today but I think it's because I slept better last night and had a huge coughing fit this morning. And I think I'm going to lose my voice too. But I'm not near as tired and my head doesn't hurt as bad.
Oh, I don't want the flu, so I hope that strain stays up north! Feel better soon!
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #108
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

I have updated the first post with everyone who has sent me a pm.

If you DO NOT see your name, please resend me your starting weight and goal.

Thanks so much!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #109
fitgirl36
DIS Veteran

QOTD Jan 1st

Hi I'm Kristin, 38 years old, married with a daughter that's 2 years old. I work full time as an accounting and IT manager. I've always been on the solid side and really wish I could back to my 'wedding weight', but that was 8 years ago. Something fun about me, I love to crunch numbers! Ok, probably not fun to most, but I love it!

I did 20 minutes on the treadmill today after a bit of a hiatus. Do any of you get that funny feeling in your throat when you run outside when it's cold? Um yeah, that happen to me a half a mile into it today and I was in my basement! Eesshhh.
fitgirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #110
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
So I went to the DR last night and it's the flu. yay.

He gave me a script for robitussin with codeine in it. I need to get that filled today, the pharmacy was already closed last night by the time I got home.
I did manage to swing by Target and picked up a new nettie pot but I need to find distilled water, they didn't have any at Target.
Hope you feel better soon. I think you can boil water for about 5 minutes if you don't have distilled water. Just be sure to let it cool before using and store in a container with a lid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
Good Morning!!!

Well weighed in and back into the 170's would love to blame it on cast and clothes but I know I have been stress eating recently so am sure it is true...

Goal: drop 5lbs. Going to be tough since any physical activity (even walking) is causing an increase in pain to arm. Hoping that after they plate the bones back together that will improve.

Goal: exercise regularly...even if it is short Hoping I can stationary bike in the interm till arm is better

Goal:work on healthier eating

Really struggling because I want to give up before I have started because I am so frustrated with the arm but trying to remain positive and find the things I can do..... And enjoy y husband waiting on me and doing all the dishes and laundry!!!!!
That stinks that you are having pain, hopefully the surgery will help. Why not just spend this month focusing on healthy eating? Use your time "down" to look for new recipes that you want to try. Make up several months of meal plans and grocery lists to make things easier when you are back to being able to exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
QOTD Jan 1, 2013 (very weird to type that!)

1. We didn't do formal intros because I wanted to hit the ground running. Give us a quick intro and tell us something fun about yourself!

2. Don't forget your positive about yourself for the day.
1. I am LTS and I have 2 daughters and a great husband. I was a SAHM until this August when I kind of fell into a job! I am now a school secretary at my daughter's middle school. Loving the job! I was not planning to go back to work until after my kids graduated high school but this was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. I have lost 50 pounds and kept it off since 2011. It is time to try to get the other 50 pounds off.

2. I am an okay cook. Really that is positive because I don't really like cooking and was never really taught to cook so the fact that I actually can make meals to feed my family is great. DH is a GREAT cook so he really does most of the cooking but we won't starve if he isn't able to cook.

Happy First Day of your Healthy 2013! I started the year making a very bad decision But it was a very conscious decision so I knew the consequences and decided I was just going to do it. I ate 3 cinnamon rolls (the Pillsbury canned ones). I knew that it would make me pretty sick and it has but they were good!

I am trying to get a lot of the things done today that I should have been doing all week-- finish laundry and clean house. I am taking down most of the Christmas decor but may wait until next weekend to take down the tree. It makes me very happy to see it all lit up and it is a very gray and dreary day here so it really looks pretty lighting up the family room.

Off to send my PM!

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #111
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

1. We didn't do formal intros because I wanted to hit the ground running. Give us a quick intro and tell us something fun about yourself!

1. I'm Buffy, or you can shorten my user name to BAMB. I'm 39 and a NAHM (never at home mom) of 4. Married to DH for 20 years this coming April. I'm a co-moderator of the Creative Community here on the DIS. We scrap, sew, and cook there.
Something fun about myself............. gosh I have no idea........ I'm really boring!! LOL

2. Positive - even though my kids are teens and tweens, I'm still the "cool mom" and they still hug me in public and aren't embarrassed to be seen with me.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #112
camnhan
DIS Veteran

Hi!!!! I'm Jen, wife and mom to 3 (15, 13, 12). I have been a nurse for 20 years mainly in a trauma center but took manager position in clinical informatics earlier in the year. Live in corn fields of IL...was really excited about starting out 2013 with a new outlook however have hit a small snag so am going to have to reset....

Something positive about me: I am good at finding that silver lining in situations...

camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #113
5 at disney
Mouseketeer

Goals

My goals for 2013 is to lose 75 lbs. This is a big goal but doable. I figure 2 lbs a week is average being that this is a little less than that it is doable. I will slip and I will recover. I would like to be down to a size 6. I would like it to be lower since I am only 5 feet tall but I want to succeed.

I know I will have to change my eating habits but with the help of WW and some other programs, I have learned alot about healthy eating over the past year. I will also be starting a realistic exercise goal of 5 times per week. I don't put minutes as I know I can work out for 15 minutes (if that is all I have time for) and I can get an intense workout with interval training method. I have a gym at work so no excuses. Just need to plan.

I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you!!

QOTD
HI I'm Jenny. I work a HR full time job M-F. I have 3 kids (DD senior in HS and DS 5th grader, my other son is an angel now). I have been dealing with a few medical issues for the last 6 months and am starting a new diet with eliminated foods.

Positive-I am excited for me! 2012 was rough with alot of change for my hubby and me. 2013 WILL be much more positive in general and I will work hard at maintaining a positive attitude. Here We Go!!!!

Last edited by 5 at disney; 01-01-2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: QOTD Added
5 at disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #114
dumbo_buddy
DIS Veteran

ok ok i'm here. i didn't want to be but it's clear that i can't maintain by myself. i skipped last BL challenge and i'm paying for it now.

i'm off to PM rose and then read back from the beginning.

hello all! it's great to see many familiar screen names
Old 01-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #115
dumbo_buddy
DIS Veteran

QOTD for jan 1:

i'm nancy. i have two boys (ages 3.5 and 13 months) and live in the bronx. i teach a mommy and me class three days a week and work full time as a consultant for an asset management firm downtown.
something fun: we are going to disney on jan 10th. we'll be there for our longest disney vacation ever! 10 days/9 nights. it will either be wonderful or we will want to kill each other by the end. i'm thinking a little bit of both
Old 01-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #116
helloirishkitty
DIS Veteran

Quote:

[/B]
1. My name is Liz. I'm 26, married to my wonderful DH and we have a 3.5 DS. I'm a pharmacist for a large grocery chain. I started running in April last year and will be running the princess half at the end of February. i also just got a personal trainer. We are going to disney on jan 20 for four days and then going on the Dream

2. I stayed under my calorie count for NYE
Old 01-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #117
ColoradoLime
Pure Disney Lover

Happy New Year!

1. I'm 38 (I swear I almost typed 'I'm 35" and I have no idea why. lol). I've been married for 10 years and have two kiddos - 10 & 2. I work in HR for a cellular communications company. We live in Colorado.

2. I know I can do this! I've done it before, I just need to do it again and for longer this time!!

WDW: 2009 (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Disneyland CA: 2013 (HoJo Anaheim)

Join the best darn May/June 2013 DLR Trip Planning Thread! Click HERE

ColoradoLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #118
Saralew
Earning My Ears

I want to join- going to DW in November and want to lose 30 lbs. my goal for jan is 4lbs.
Saralew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #119
Saralew
Earning My Ears

I am 35 yrs old and have 2 children- 4 and 2. The 2 yr old is giving me a run for my money. Started running in the summer but haven't been running since the cold weather arrived (lbs. are coming back) . I lost 30 ills after I had my daughter so I know I can do it if I put my mind to it
Saralew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #120
cclovesdis
Warning: Boring!

Hello! I actually stayed up past midnight last night! I can't tell you the last time that happened. I was at a friend's house and we one of those word association type games. I couldn't stop It was a good way to wind down before going back to work tomorrow. I spent the night and got home just before my parents wanted to eat lunch.

I ate okay last night. Everything was GF, but there was solid cross-contamination risk. I made GF champagne cupcakes. They were well-loved.

I'll be back later with some replies.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: