Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #676
Mary•Poppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLime View Post
Question of the day: Monday, January 21st

Post a favorite low cal recipe.

Today is most definitely a Monday...UGH.

I've got a good recipe to post, but I'll have to access my files and come back to put it up.
I just made a marinade for boneless chicken breasts.

4 TBS olive oil
4 TBS soy sauce
1 TBS brown sugar
2 TBS fresh lemon juice
3 whole cloves
2 minced garlic cloves
1 tsp thyme or basil

Mix marinade together and place over 4-6 boneless chicken breasts. Marinade overnight. Then grill.

I am not sure how many calories this is, however, I use the thinly sliced chicken breasts at Sam's Club and everything except the brown sugar is relatively low cal. This is a favorite in our house. (Pam, sorry it is a chicken recipe. I know your son is allergic to chicken. Our house wouldn't survive if we didn't have chicken. It is usually something everyone agrees on!)
Old 01-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #677
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

I KNEW something was missing from my previous post! Somehow this didn't multi-quote....sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post
Hi everyone! I am catching up for the weekend. I have tomorrow off and I am enjoying my evening knowing I can sleep in!

WOOHOO for a day off!

I do have to say I have been very busy exercising all weekend. Yesterday I went to yoga, ran and then went ice skating with my youngest son and his friends. Today I did 2 hours of Jazzercise (one hour of body shaping). It feels good, however, even after watching what I am eating, the scale isn't moving much. I have recently had some "girl" issues taken care of and I was told it would take 3 months for things to straighten out. It better be worth all this aggravation.

Hopefully it will be worth it in the long run!

Pam, we splurged last year and went to Key West as a family when my oldest went to college. It was nice spending time together and I don't regret spending the money for the time we spent together. However, if you have to go into debt to do it ... I would say no, don't do it.

Nope, not "regular" debt. I don't take a vacation unless I pay for it, cash up front. But of course, there will be college debt. But as I said, I doubt that the $1000 that this trip will cost would change that either way.

And you were talking about the sweater you bought and I also found a cashmere one for 35.00! I also got some casual sweaters that I can wear at school. The store I got the sweaters in is an expensive store. Even at 75% off, I couldn't afford some of their clothes (they had sweaters for 300.00!!) If it is 25.00 or less I will look at it. The 35.00 one was a splurge too!

Yeah for a non-edible splurge!!

That is awesome! Congrats for your daughter. Hoping they give her some kind of financial aid! Is she going to swim?

Thanks! She definitely plans to swim, although the new coach has some pretty stringent cut times for walk-ons. That being said, we have been somewhat following the swim season at this college and NONE of the swims we are seeing actually match or exceed the cut times. We are thinking that the coach is trying to find a way to make the team more competitive for the future. It would be heartbreaking for her to get to school and NOT get on the swim team, but I would hate to see her pass on attending this wonderful school just because she "might not" make the team.

Fingers crossed for LOTS of financial aid!

Mine would be watching the food you eat. It is shocking how many calories simple treats are and how long I would have to run in order to make up for something I eat.

I need to look up the menu from today's lunch restaurant. I usually "wing it" at this particular place, but need to double check.

I am hoping to go to Disney. If I don't make it this year, we are definitely going to Universal the summer of 2014. I have never been there and we would like to tour that park. Maybe we will stop over at Disney for a day or two!

I really want to feel better and like the way I look in the mirror. I also was thinking on Saturday when I was running how easier my run might be if I was not carrying the extra weight with me. When I pick up a big bag of potatoes in the grocery store, I imagine running carrying this ... and think, this is what I am carrying (and a bit more) with me everyday.

It is CRAZY when you start thinking about it that way. I always like the BL final challenge when the contestants have to "put back on" the weight they lost and run with it. It is a REAL eye opener as to what life was like for them not that long ago!

Bonus: I caught up with you guys and looked for some places to rent for our summer vacation. We might go to VA Beach. Has anyone been there before?
Never been.... sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
It was so good and so easy to make! We have enough pesto left over that I am going to roast some veggies and make some pasta tomorrow and have a pasta/pesto/veggie dinner. The pesto called for a bunch of olive oil, but I only put enough in to make it smooth. And I used a small amount of olive oil on the bread instead of butter for the grilled cheese.

I started making my grilled cheese for the family with EVOO a few years ago and no one has complained!

Don't be sad. I thought about not even talking about it, but decided I CAN'T be the only person who gets so stressed out. Finishing the race was the biggest relief and I really enjoyed seeing everyone on Monday morning--even though I was still a little anxious. I don't think I used to be such an introvert, but I definitely am now. I am going to talk to my doctor next time I see her and see if she has any thoughts on my back. In the back of my head I keep wondering if something is going on there that might be related to all the other problems I had a year or so ago. All this back stuff is new for me.

Good idea to get it double checked. Have you ever seen a chiropractor?? I am totally a chiropractic convert recently!

I am anxious when meeting new folks (even folks that I've "known" online for a long time). I can totally psych myself out, but I am trying SO HARD to get past that. I was so nervous the day I was going to meet Buffy in 2011 at Disney, I thought I might throw up..... but you know what? She is TOTALLY GREAT and fun and it was like meeting up with an old friend!! I hope you and I can laugh about this TOGETHER IN PERSON some day!

I hope everyone has a great Monday. Mike and I are going to the gym this afternoon since we both have off and I still need to finish meal planning. There are 5 pms in my inbox which I will try to get to today.
I have been totally slacking on my meal planning lately too. I got half of last week planned and then weather issues and such changed the plan.... and that plan is still on the fridge. Already today's plan has changed, as DS has robotics that I wasn't sure about (because of the MLK holiday). oh well.

Enjoy your gym time!

Quote:

I've gotta say, my BEST recipes are already on the BL Healthy and Easy Dinner thread! I guess I need to go find a new one!

BLL with a new recipe!...................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #678
pjlla
<><

Quote:

Okay.... I was searching for something I hadn't already posted here previously .... so here is something different. Not a meal, but a "treat" recipe. And I won't go so far as to claim it is a "favorite" as I've only made it a few times.... but it is tasty!

Skinny Vanilla Mocha Frappe

1 heaping tsp. instant coffee

1 1/2 C water

1/2 C skim milk (or soy or almond milk)

3 tsp. vanilla extract

1 tsp. cocoa powder

1 packet of stevia or 1 Tb. of sugar (to taste)

In a cup mix coffee and water and stir until combined. Place in a shallow container or ice cube tray, cover, and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.

Once coffee is frozen, place in a blender with the milk, vanilla, stevia, and cocoa powder. Blend until combined.

Notes: You can make a strong cup of regular coffee and freeze that instead of the instant.... just be sure to use 1.5 C.

NI: (presuming this is the breakdown using dairy milk and stevia)

Calories: 43.3, Fat: 0, Sodium: 65, Carbs: 7, Sugar: 6, Protein: 4.2

I think DD found this somewhere on Pinterest, so I can't give credit at the moment. And it is a killer on your blender if it isn't a strong one, so let it sit out to "thaw" a bit if you need to!

As a back up, since this isn't a meal, here is a link to one of my absolute favorite healthy low-cal meals that I have posted over on the BL dinner thread!!

Look for the recipe for "Heidi's Curried Chicken" (post #21). Don't let the veggies scare you away (if you aren't a fan of those veggies). They cook down a lot and you really can't differentiate them.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2447512&page=2

Off for now! ....................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 01-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #679
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
I'm glad to say that even though I've only been weighing in every other week (until now!) that I lost the 1.8 I gained at my last weigh-in two weeks ago. I'm sure that even though I tend to party-hearty on the weekends (points? what points?), plugging away at 9 miles yesterday probably helped a little. After reading through all the inspirational posts here, and feeling all the "weight-loss love" , even though I'm going away for the next two weekends (Key Largo Seafood Festival then DISNEY!!!! knowing that I have to be accountable to not only to myself, but to the goals here, I'll at least try to be good . Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts and suggestions, they are worth more than you know!!
We definitely have the weight loss love here Keeps me motivated too! Sounds like you have some awesome plans coming up! Enjoy yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Happy Monday, Happy MLK day, Happy stay-at-home day for some of you, Happy no-school day for other, and Happy Inauguration day to the rest!

And happy 12th birthday to my baby boy! DF and I did all his chores for him today, he got to have a cinnamon roll for breakfast (NEVER happens otherwise), and he is now contently playing the Xbox (which is usually restricted to 2 hours total)! Can't believe my baby is growing up! Later we will have family and friends over for dinner/cake/presents, so guess I gotta get going and get things ready!

I LOVE today so far! Before 7 am I had already done over 4 miles on the TM, done a great stretch with some yoga moves thrown in, gassed up my car (even though I wasn't on fumes yet ) and was ready to rock the day!!

I came home from the Y and made a great healthy breakfast (egg white omelet with onions, peppers, spinach and a bit of light provolone cheese, plus a banana Vitamuffin), fed DD, checked email, texted a friend about lunch plans, and now I'm ready to hit the shower and help DS organize his binders so he can STUDY today!!

Savers thrift store is having 50% off all clothing today, so while DD is practicing with her other team tonight, I am going to try and hit the store and find a few necessities (black pants, navy pants, navy cardigan). I'm not holding out much hope, as I have already tried this store a few times, but I know they put new stuff out every day. Just hope it isn't crazy crowded!

Dinner is a fancy pork roast. I meant to put it in the freezer and save it for a special day, but I forgot and it is still in the fridge.... and since I have nothing defrosted for tonight, pork roast it is! I'll chop up some potatoes to roast for the kids, make some roasted green beans, and a small salad and we will be LIVING tonight! ...... oh, wait a minute. If DS is going to robotics, that throws a wrench in the works. Gotta ask him if he has a meeting tonight. Maybe I will need to throw the roast in the freezer after all.

Time to make sure DS is up and moving, throw in a load of laundry, make the beds, and take a shower. Meeting friends for lunch at 1pm in town, so will be leaving here at 12:15 and not returning until after evening practice. (BTW, I haven't met a friend for lunch in about 10+ years, so I am SUPER excited!! I just don't have any social life!)

TTYL.................P

I continue to marvel at your drive, I am lucky to have rolled out of bed and made breakfast by 7! Have a great time at lunch! Love getting together with old friends! In fact have a nail appt tomorrow with one of my favs
Quote:

Hmm, I will have to think about this one... and maybe get some input from the fam on what they enjoy most...

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #680
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Day off of work today but no time to read right now. Have a "squishing" appointment in about an hour and a half. I have made the completely impulsive decision to go and buy a Fitbit One. Looks like they have them at Best Buy which is on my way to my appt. Usually I discuss these things with DH and get his rational engineering brain opinion but I figure I can go buy it now, leave it in the package and let him look at it/research it and then when he says it looks good I will already have it!! Otherwise it would be next weekend before I could go pick it up.

Need to work on menu and shopping list at some point. Have the next 3 days planned and need to make lunches.

Have to run and eat some lunch before I go. Hope I can catch up when I get back!

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #681
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Recipes like this keep me from going completely vegetarian

Baked Chicken Weight Watchers Recipe

3 PointsPlus Value

Prep time: 10 min

Cook time: 35 min

Other time: 0 min

Serves: 4

Use fresh herbs and lemon juice to give plain baked chicken fantastic flavor. This combination of flavors also works well with turkey cutlets or white fish fillets.

Ingredients
1 spray(s) cooking spray

1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 4 oz halves

1/2 tsp table salt

1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground

1 tsp olive oil

2 tsp fresh lemon juice, or more to taste

2 tsp rosemary, fresh, chopped

2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped

1/4 cup(s) canned chicken broth

1/2 medium (medium) lemon(s), quartered (for garnish)

Instructions
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a small, shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken to prepared pan and drizzle with oil; sprinkle with lemon juice, rosemary and parsley. Pour broth around chicken to coat bottom of pan.

Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 30 to 35 minutes. Garnish with fresh lemon and serve. Yields 1 chicken breast half per serving.

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #682
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Hello all! I have updated the first post. Please let me know if you see any corrections.

One of these days I need to update the recipe thread.

There are still 10 days left in January to see a good loss/ healthy changes.

I am not doing that great today since I had Captain's Booty (g-f cheese puffs--don't ask) for lunch.

I think Mike and I are going to take a TRX class in February. We will have some sweaty bonding time. Actually I did some TRX in physical therapy last year and some of the stretches feel so good. I am looking forward to it.

Still need to run my mile today....
Old 01-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #683
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon everyone!

I'm am plugging away and doing quite well on ww. I reached my goal of 8 pounds this month and couldn't be happier. I was reading Pamela's post and how she felt different after that second disney trip and things just changed for her. I'm feeling positive that I can do it this time, and for good. My head is in a good place, and I'm motivated to track every bite, and keep it up. I am doing ww the right way, and going to meetings, and following the actual plan, not like I've done before and done a mix of older plans.

I did skim back a bit, but am going to just go forward from here. I know the support here is amazing.

Big hugs to anyone struggling. It is not easy, but it is worth it. Never give up. We can do this!!

Congrats to all who are losing and creating those healthy habits that will make our lives better.

Pamela-Congrats on your new job! You will be great in it, I am sure. You are such an inspiration. And congrats to dd on the school/scholarship. I hope she finds out soon about her top choice, unless I missed that. Fingers crossed the money comes, and she is able to go where she most wants.

Keep on keeping on everyone!! Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!!!

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #684
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Today is most definitely a Monday...UGH.

I've got a good recipe to post, but I'll have to access my files and come back to put it up.
Got this from someone on here a couple of challenges ago---really good

Fancy Grilled Ham & Cheese
PER SERVING (entire recipe): 211 calories, 7g fat, 1,126mg sodium, 23.5g carbs, 5g fiber, 4g sugars, 13.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*

Ham and cheese might not conjure up images of linen napkins and fine dining, but you may change your mind after tasting this concoction...

Ingredients:
1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
1/2 tbsp. Hellmann's/Best Foods Dijonnaise (or another mild creamy Dijon mustard)
2 slices light bread
2 tsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown), room temperature
1 1/2 oz. sliced 97 - 98% fat-free ham (about 3 slices)
2 tbsp. chopped roasted red peppers

Directions:
In a small bowl, combine cheese wedge with Dijonnaise and mix until smooth. Set aside.

Lay bread slices flat and spread the upward-facing sides with butter. Flip slices over, and spread these sides with cheese mixture.

Evenly top one cheese-covered slice with ham and roasted red peppers. Place the other bread slice on top, buttered side up. Set aside.

Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Gently place sandwich in the skillet and cook until lightly browned on the outside and hot on the inside, about 2 minutes per side, flipping carefully with a spatula.

Serve and enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Had dizzy spells all weekend finally went to the doctor today and they said some inside parts of my ear are messed up so I have some exercises to do and she put me on sudafed and claritin and redid my prescription for flonase...I've been putting off having the kittens fixed so my allergies have been acting up--probably which is whazt messed up my ear to begin with-- the itching and q-tips. I made an appointment to get them fixed next week. This one is just really hard for me because I've had Triumph since the day he was born and Shasta since she was 2 weeks old and I just don't want to do it to them and be the bad guy y'know. If you have any allergies to cats though female unfixed kittens are the worst. Plus the li'l guys tee tee's are absolutely adorable, one white and one orange lol. So I've been thinking I have an ear infection and haven't been exercising now I know I don't and I'm playing hooky from work so I don't want to go work out 'cause someone may see me....It's so flipping cold outside I don't want to go ride my bike or anything...I think I was getting sick too though because I was coughing, achy, and completely leveled. I'm thinking I should just stay home and mess around with the freezers and cupboards. (take advantage of the sudafed) Plus until my ears's back to normal I don't want to get it more out of whack.

Watched the second half of biggest loser last night which I had mostly missed and was kind of encouraged knowing how even with working out 7 hours a day and watching everything going in to your mouth you can still lose only 2 pounds a week(or none, I caught some of the show from the week before).

Quote:
And you were talking about the sweater you bought and I also found a cashmere one for 35.00! I also got some casual sweaters that I can wear at school. The store I got the sweaters in is an expensive store. Even at 75% off, I couldn't afford some of their clothes (they had sweaters for 300.00!!) If it is 25.00 or less I will look at it. The 35.00 one was a splurge too!
Cashmere is so worth it. I remember finding a blue costco cashmere sweater at a goodwill outlet years ago-- you know-- the ones where the clothes are 79 cents a pound. It wasn't pilly or anything-- I still wear it.

Quote:
It is shocking how many calories simple treats are and how long I would have to run in order to make up for something I eat.
Yeah I know-we had a food scale I got at Target some time back and I remember how depressed husband and I were a banana was 80 calories or something lol.

Went to Goodwill today while waiting for my prescriptions and found a good sized steamer with it's manual for $4 (mine just died) and was happy to find a drinkwell for the cats for $8. Also found an old Mickey mouse necklace that is walt disney productions (old) plus it was 1/2 off so i think it was $1. It's really cute.
Get back to you later ;-)

Last edited by 50sjayne; 01-21-2013 at 04:06 PM.
50sjayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #685
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post

Day off of work today but no time to read right now. Have a "squishing" appointment in about an hour and a half. I have made the completely impulsive decision to go and buy a Fitbit One. Looks like they have them at Best Buy which is on my way to my appt. Usually I discuss these things with DH and get his rational engineering brain opinion but I figure I can go buy it now, leave it in the package and let him look at it/research it and then when he says it looks good I will already have it!! Otherwise it would be next weekend before I could go pick it up.

Need to work on menu and shopping list at some point. Have the next 3 days planned and need to make lunches.

Have to run and eat some lunch before I go. Hope I can catch up when I get back!
Can't wait to hear how you like the Fitbit

Thank you for taking care of yourself and going for the "squish".

Quote:

3 PointsPlus Value

Prep time: 10 min

Cook time: 35 min

Other time: 0 min

Serves: 4

Use fresh herbs and lemon juice to give plain baked chicken fantastic flavor. This combination of flavors also works well with turkey cutlets or white fish fillets.

Ingredients
1 spray(s) cooking spray

1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 4 oz halves

1/2 tsp table salt

1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground

1 tsp olive oil

2 tsp fresh lemon juice, or more to taste

2 tsp rosemary, fresh, chopped

2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped

1/4 cup(s) canned chicken broth

1/2 medium (medium) lemon(s), quartered (for garnish)

Instructions
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a small, shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken to prepared pan and drizzle with oil; sprinkle with lemon juice, rosemary and parsley. Pour broth around chicken to coat bottom of pan.

Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 30 to 35 minutes. Garnish with fresh lemon and serve. Yields 1 chicken breast half per serving.
Mmmmmmm...sounds so yummy!

Quote:
Hello all! I have updated the first post. Please let me know if you see any corrections.

One of these days I need to update the recipe thread.

I am not doing that great today since I had Captain's Booty (g-f cheese puffs--don't ask) for lunch.

I think Mike and I are going to take a TRX class in February. We will have some sweaty bonding time. Actually I did some TRX in physical therapy last year and some of the stretches feel so good. I am looking forward to it.

Still need to run my mile today....
Sounds like a yummy lunch.

You have inspired me with your daily mile. I'm thinking of starting my own challenge for February. I'll talk more about it when I am sure.

Praise and hallelujah ! DD decided she has too much studying to do so we are skipping swim tonight! I'm sad she has so much work and stress, but I'm not disappointed to skip the drive and have a few extra hours to myself!

Lunch with my friend was good. We talked and ate and laughed. Unfortunately our daughters were both struggling with things (my DD's school stress and hers wasn't feeling well) so they didn't enjoy themselves as well. They were both quiet. We will have to plan a do-over for them, maybe during Feb. vacation.

Hard to count my lunch points. The Ruby Tuesday website lumps the calories for the entire lunch plate all together. I traded the fries for broccoli. Asked for no mayo, and didn't eat the rolls. I'm going to count the zucchini cakes for 2 points each (they aren't real large but contain feta), and 2 points for my salad (I used vinegar instead of salad dressing, but had some peas and edamame on it). I hope that is fair.

Off to do something with my "found" time! ..............P

Old 01-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #686
ColoradoLime
Pure Disney Lover

Ok found my recipe. Well not mine, but you know what I mean.

As is, this is a little heavy on the calories. But what I like to do is put some of this inside a whole wheat tortilla to make a wrap of sorts and then eat it with some low fat sour cream and avocadoes. It's wonderful on a cold winter day.

Black Bean & Pork Tenderloin Slow Cooker Chili
Makes 8 servings

1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 2 inch strips

1 small onion, coarsely chopped

1 small red bell pepper, coarsely chopped

3 (15 ounce) cans black beans

1 (16 ounce) jar salsa

1/2 cup chicken broth

1 teaspoon dried oregano

1 teaspoon ground cumin

2 teaspoons chili powder

Directions
1.Combine pork tenderloin, onion, red pepper, black beans, salsa, chicken broth, oregano, cumin, and chili powder in a slow cooker. Set to Low and cook for 8 to 10 hours.

2.Break up pieces of cooked pork to thicken the chili before serving.

WDW: 2009 (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Disneyland CA: 2013 (HoJo Anaheim)

Join the best darn May/June 2013 DLR Trip Planning Thread! Click HERE

ColoradoLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #687
lovetoscrap
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

I'm back and all squished for the year. If you are of an age where you dr recommends it then PLEASE go and have it done. It is quick, easy and really not as bad as people say it is. And early detection sure beats the alternatives. If you think a mammogram sucks, then you really don't want to have to deal with chemo. . ..

Off my soapbox

I ran to Best Buy and bought the Fitbit. I want to open it and play with it but will wait until DH gets home.

I did reward myself for having my annual appt by stopping at Sweet Frog on the way home ( don't tell my kids!) I just got a very small amount in my cup and kept at about 3oz which was my goal. It was yummy! And it was beautiful out when I got home so I decided to be a good girl and go for a walk. (with my old pedometer) 37 minutes of aerobic walking according to it. That is pretty good for me. That means I walked off the calories from my treat. My feet were hurting when I started so I had to push myself and may regret it the rest of the week.

Have to go get a snack, I am starving! Will post my favorite recipe of this week later.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
Old 01-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #688
camnhan
DIS Veteran

Wow look at all those 100%+ achievers we have!!!!!and many more at 80+%

Way to go wishers!!!!!!!

camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #689
ColoradoLime
Pure Disney Lover

First, let me say that I just noticed that I totally messed up the dates on my questions! That's what happens when I have to take a day off of work, I totally lose track of my days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
made the banana flax bread for breakfast
This sounds fabulous. I'd ask for the recipe, but I cannot be trusted with bread no matter how healthy it is.

Quote:
Woke up because DD12's cough was so terrible I couldn't sleep through it! When she gets sick she gets a croupy seal bark cough that can be heard through the whole house.
My DS gets this and it's SO bad - he has to be on steriods and everything. Poor baby. Hope your DD gets better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbye View Post
It think what drives me is that I'm just sick of being big.
I am right there with you. What drives me now is the fact that I am the fattest of everyone I know - friends, co-workers, other parents. I'm over it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
He applied for a spot. He had built a WWI ambulance a few years ago and wanted it in the parade.
Over 2000 groups applied and only 63 were accepted.
I didn't even know you could do that, cool!

Quote:

Wellll... My initial inspirations was DISNEY! In looking at the photos from our first trip in 2002, when planning our 2004 trip I was determined to lose weight so I wouldn't hate every photo again!
This is one of my motivations too, but I also find it's where my biggest disappointment is when I don't get to where I think I need to be.

Quote:
Dinner tonight at my house: grilled cheese with arugula artichoke pesto and tomato soup. Still need to work on my meal plan but I am off tomorrow.
Oh yum!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Had a great day today. Have managed to pretty much eat on plan for the last 2 days, did have a glass of wine with dinner tonight though.

Walked 5.25 miles today around DC. Feet are killing me! Lol
Yay you!! That's awesome exercise!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hi everyone! I jsut looked at the first page and loved seeing my name in green! However, the challenge is not over yet, so I better keep being good as I don't want to fall back to another colour!!!
Same here!!!

Quote:
Grilled cheese (my fave!) with arugula artichoke pesto?!? I think I just died and woke up in cheese heaven! OMG that sounds yummy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post
I had a tiny half pound loss but considering the amount of eating out I have to be happy with that.
No such thing as a tiny loss!! Embrace it and move forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post
I just made a marinade for boneless chicken breasts.
Sounds good!

Quote:

Skinny Vanilla Mocha Frappe
I don't like coffee, but I see this being just as good when leaving the coffee out.

Quote:

This is one of the reasons I love Chicken - it can be so simple, yet so yummy!

Quote:
I'm keeping this in mind - the month is NOT over yet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
Good afternoon everyone!

I'm am plugging away and doing quite well on ww. I reached my goal of 8 pounds this month and couldn't be happier.
WOO HOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Got this from someone on here a couple of challenges ago---really good

[B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Fancy Grilled Ham & Cheese
YUM!!!!

Quote:
I'm back and all squished for the year. If you are of an age where you dr recommends it then PLEASE go and have it done.
I need to look at my insurance coverage to see when they start covering this. I know so many people that are below the typical age and were diagnosed. So scary!!

WDW: 2009 (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Disneyland CA: 2013 (HoJo Anaheim)

Join the best darn May/June 2013 DLR Trip Planning Thread! Click HERE

ColoradoLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #690
lovetoscrap
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Another quick drive by

If you have been considering a Fitbit and you have a Mastercard and a Best Buy I found this coupon for $50 off a $100 purchase a little while ago:

ETA: THE COUPON WAS MISADVERTISED AND APPARENTLY WILL NOT WORK. I TOOK OUT THE LINK AND OTHER INFORMATION. SORRY!

Last edited by lovetoscrap; 01-21-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: