Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #526
tarzansmom
I would rather be at Walt Disney World!

Went hiking today with the kiddo and dh. It was rough and I am super sore tonight.

2003- POR * 2005- POP * 2006- POP * 2008- POP/CSR * 2010- WL * 2011- CBR * 2013-?
tarzansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #527
Mary•Poppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D73 View Post
Thank you to Fran (Mary°Poppins) for pushing me through MFP to get going again and especially to popping back on the DIS to join the challenge.

I am Christopher. I am American but have lived in Switzerland for 9 and 1/2 years now. Ride the weight roller coaster too much. First half of the year is good and then by summer I am slacking and fall into holiday season I pack it all on again......ugh.

Other than my weight goal for the month, I have some new pants I got for Christmas that do not fit....so those are my first size goal....get into the clothes that I have received.

I need to get my head around this new challenge format. The initial page appears easy enough and I have PM'd Rose&Mike. Will read through a bit to see how coaching and discussions are running.

Cheers
Glad to see you on the thread my friend. I was really hoping you wouldn't think I was a pest on the MFP board.

I like how this thread is set up with small goals. I am better when I am working a little at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984 View Post
Just stopping by to say good morning and vent a little. Since the beginning of December I haven't gotten a good nights sleep. I've been sleeping an average of 5 hours a night and nights where I get a little more are interrupted a few times a night by either my 3 month old or 1 year old... I'm running on fumes here and can't handle it much longer! It's also annoying because I'm doing everything right to lose weight (eating well and working out 6 days a week) but I'm sure this lack of sleep is stalling my weight loss (I'm still losing though).
I know it's temporary and really soon my 3 month old will be sleeping through the night but I'm just so tired!!!!
That's it. Just wanted to vent a little after a 4 hour sleep night

On a positive note this weekend I'm at my parents' house for my dad's bday and its been my first real test of how well ill eat when faced with temptation. I did really well and allowed myself to enjoy a couple of my favourite things but I tracked every bite and only went one point over my daily total (so I used a weekly point). So I'm pretty proud of myself for that

Have a great day everyone!
My two older sons are 18 month apart and still remember walking around like a zombie from lack of sleep. I think for about 6 months ALL I fantasized about was sleeping for 8 hours. (No one tells you about the lack of sleep being a new mom.) It will get better ... but never back to the type of sleep before having children. As Pam said, I now get to stay up until 1:00 AM waiting for my teenage sons to come home .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post

Happy Sunday friends! It was a slow start around here today, but I'm finally on! Today's brunch was pancakes and fruit.... high fiber whole grain pancakes with real syrup for the kids and flaxseed/almond flour pancakes (Dr. Oz recipe) with fruit spread for me (and with real cinnamon butter for DH). Plus I made a fruit salad with cantaloupe and berries and another bowl of grapefruit. Since we ate late I told the family it was BRUNCH and not breakfast and don't come looking for food again at noon!

Ready for the QOTD??? Here it comes......................P
Pam ... I want to come eat at your house one of these day! You make the most wonderful meals and they are healthy too!

Quote:
QOTD for Sunday, January 13, 2013:

For most of us, our busy week starts up tomorrow. What kind of things are you going to do today to make SURE that you have a successful week, both with regards to eating OP and with exercise?

(Shamelessly stolen from the BL QOTD archives)
BONUS QOTD:What is your "go to" healthy-ish dinner to whip up when you have little time (or energy)?
I planned my lunches and breakfasts for the week and have a start on dinners. My plans for exercise depends on the weather ... that is a day-by-day plan.

Well yesterday I ran 5 miles. This was the longest run I have done. I had to walk about .5 of a mile, but I ran the rest. : Now today, I wanted to go to the body shaping Jazzercise class (7:30 AM) then stayed for the regular class at 8:30. My friend wanted to chit-chat so we met tonight at 6:30 and walked for an hour. Now ..... tomorrow, I may not be able to move

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzansmom View Post
Went hiking today with the kiddo and dh. It was rough and I am super sore tonight.
The weather was unbelievable in Pittsburgh today. It was a great day to be outside.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #528
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

I walked around a mall for 2 hours today and i feel muscles in my legs ive forgot about.
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs2014 Fantasy World Vacation Villas2014 Disney All Star Sports2014Royal Pacific Resort
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #529
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

No time to read back right now. I am exhausted. Watching a little TV then going to bed. Just sent my weight in-- no change from last week because of TOM. Hoping for a big "woosh" next week.

Quote:

For most of us, our busy week starts up tomorrow. What kind of things are you going to do today to make SURE that you have a successful week, both with regards to eating OP and with exercise?

BONUS QOTD:What is your "go to" healthy-ish dinner to whip up when you have little time (or energy)?
Well, that is why I am exhausted! I spent today making lunch and snacks for this coming week and getting dinners started for the first few days.

Eggs are a great quick and easy anytime meal. I only like them scrambled or as an omelet with some veggies and turkey sausage or a piece of bacon.

I also do leftovers a whole lot. And soup-- I keep cans of seasoned black beans on hand that just have to be put in the blender and then heated to make a wonderful black bean soup. And "5 Can Soup" which has a can each of Chicken Broth, Fat Free Refried beans, black beans, kidney beans, and Rotel. If I have chicken or beef available I will throw that in and some taco seasoning. So quick, easy and filling.

Time to go switch out the , fill the dishwasher and hang up some clothes before bed time.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #530
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
QOTD for Saturday, January 12, 2013:

What do you consider your greatest personal accomplishment (other than your children)? Can be work, school, life-related, etc.

Bonus QOTD: What is your top #1 favorite family Disney memory? You know, that special moment that brought tears to your eyes!

.....................P
I guess that I have saved and given a better life to a lot of cats...

Disney--we cried when we finally made it back to Disney after 10 years of not visiting, walking down main street.

Quote:

I like your idea about keeping your gym bag packed.
bonus:
I like nachos with lots of veggies and refried beans, panko breaded chicken--I Love the chicken in a sandwich with a slice of fat free cheese. We almost always have some form of leftover around.
Been watching the golden globes and erased a huge post I just made about my weekend jeez...

Went up to Portland to see Robin Williams who I've adored since Mork n Mindy when I was a kid--was great---wanted to see him again the next night in Eugene where we live but one of our old cats died from being sick for a long time really. His mouth was just a mess-- we took him in a year or so ago when he seemed down and they wanted to euthanize him then but husband wouldn't let them and soon after he lost a weird incisor that was really long that was making it hard to eat and he improved. Anyway I had made plans to take him in last week but was outvoted and he ended up dying peacefully at home last night. We had a sort of accident at our hotel too which ended up getting very little sleep--fortunately it sorted itself out. ( You saw--heard nothing---)
Anyway what I really wanted to say was I sort of 'discovered' the DIS app on the drive and didn't do my usually extreme overeating while we were there and even tread water in the hotel pool for 1/2 hour before hitting the jacuzzi. So thanks for keeping me on track, even with everything going on. I was reading just not responding.

The rest of this week is going to be very hard on me because I'm not seeing my friend until thursday...I'm just going to work out a lot maybe catch a few of the movie nominees. I've got some cleaning to do too.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:32 AM   #531
trinaweena
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
What a fun coincidence! I hope you get to go to Denmark at some point. Actually depending on where you are in Spain you could look into getting a cheap flight as this is a destination where a lot of the no frill companies fly to. However, once you are in Denmark, nothing is going to be cheap!! All of Scandinavia is very expensive unfortunately.

I think I remember that you mentioned something about your field of study and I was intrigued by it. The Danes are still very proud of that the Nazis did not consider them trustworthy during the occupation and I can imagine how studying that time would make you like Denmark!
I so wish I could visit Denmark and Germany sometime soon. I choose to minor in spanish because i want to be a teacher and it just made sense, but the next language i want to learn is german. The paper I wrote was just fascinating, because I basically focused on the first three years of occupation where there was little to no resistance, and most of the scholarship kind of blames the Danes for this and I kind of listed the factor why there was no resistance and kind of argued against the scholarship on the time, so it was a really fun paper to write. In the long run I will end up with my focus being on germany but WWII in general is just a favorite of mine and I have so much fun researching and writing about it .
---------

The fish tank did not get clean. Obvisouly my persuasion skills leave something to be desired. I don't have class till three tomorrow, but I have plenty to do before school. I'm trying to make somee xtra money selling old text books online and i sold one woo hoo so i have to find something to ship it in and take care of that. Plus I have to get to school early and get a book, return a VERY overdue library book, and visit financial aid. busy busy busy day
July 2009 Wilderness Lodge
July 2010 Animal Kindgdom Lodge
May 2012 1st cruise on the magic plus 4 days in WDW!
trinaweena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:17 AM   #532
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Good morning!

Yesterday was an experimental day for us. I made a delicious omelette.

I did add in 1 yolk, even though it is very high with the cholesterol #. However the yolk also has other good properties in it. I did 1 yolk with 4 egg whites. Of course we will not do that all the time.

I really need to experiment how to get whites more fluffy for an omelette. Has anyone ever used cream of tartar or a mixer to "fluff them"?

I made a filling of onions, garlic, mushrooms, 1 tbsp of oil, saute, set aside. I then made the omelette, added in the filling and 1 half of provolone cheese for 2g of sat fat.

So totals were from my rough calculations, calories 418, sat fat 4.8, sodium 359, cholesterol 191.

I think I am going to make more "fillings" for things to boost nutrition in our diet. It is so easy to saute and bring out flavors so we do not have to use salt or seasonings.

Dinner was boneless pork chops and steamed yukon gold potatoes again.

Tonight it is chicken breasts! Not sure how I am going to prepare it. I am going to experiment a bit with it, I think. I have some spinach I would like to sneak in there...

Happy Planning for everyone today!!!!
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #533
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

QOTD for Monday, January 14, 2013:

What is your creative outlet in life? How often do you find time for it? Is your family supportive of it?

Bonus QOTD: Do you have any sort of weird/strange food combinations that you just love?

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #534
pjlla
<><

Morning friends! I have less than 10 minutes before my students arrive, so not a lot of time, but I will start reading/replying now and will return later when they head to Computer class!............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:28 AM   #535
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Wow, that is an amazing accomplishment. Growing up I always wanted to be an exchange student but life didn't work out that way. And I totally admire those that can jump into such an unknown way of living, learn new things and meet new people... have those great memories! A friend of mine from work was an exchange student in Costa Rica for a year and she has great stories and photos from this time as well!

DD went to Costa Rica last year and can't stop raving about it. The photos were spectacular! I'd love to visit someday.

Oh my goodness I remember those days! Glad I only had one at a time at the "wake you up all night" stage! My BFF and maid of honor at my wedding this summer has a 1-yr-old and a 3-yr-old, she has called me practically in tears about her lack of sleep. I always offer to keep the kids, even if just for a nap! Maybe there is someone who could help out and watch them so you could get a nap in a few times a week?

I remember days when I would put DD to play on the floor and lay down next to her to play and promptly fall asleep! I felt like such a bad mommy! Especially the day she got into the Easter candy and I woke up to find her eating mini Reese's cups with the foil still on!!

Good job on rejoining WW I am planning for my wedding on 9/7/13 so we can keep each other on track!

That is a beautiful time to get married. My DBrother and my parents were all married in early September. The weather is so wonderful!

You always make such wonderful meals! Wish I lived at your house...

No you don't. I HATE cooking and I think I'm actually a lousy cook (and I NEVER bake).... but I can manage.... they haven't starved yet!

I love MSF too! How do you make the salmon burgers? I love salmon and would like to incorporate it into our meals more.

I have a homemade salmon patty recipe that is really delish, but for busy days I bought premade. The brand is called Ocean Beauty (I believe... I'll double check later) and they have a straight up plain salmon patty and an "herb crusted" patty that is a little more appealing (and a bit higher in carbs and calories)... but we eat both. They are VERY pricey (like $6 for 4 patties), but salmon is expensive. It is wild Alaskan caught (we don't eat farm raised).

I plan to go shopping to make sure we have an ample stock of romaine and chicken for salads, as well as other veggies, in the house! Also, I want to get some work done from home today so that I can maybe get a workout or two in at the Y during the week... Oh, and get to bed on time tonight so that I can get up early tomorrow and workout before getting the kids up and ready for school!

Great plan! I love getting my workouts done before the rest of the world is awake!

Bonus QOTD: My go to dinners would be salad with chicken (only the time it takes to chop everything up as long as the chicken is pre-cooked like rotisserie from the store or left-overs), or grilled chicken and steamed veggies (20 mins tops), or grilled ham and cheese sandwiches with tomato soup (though I am off bread so I would have to make myself a ham and cheese lettuce rollup as a substitute). Oh and a new fav around here is chicken tortilla soup. Again it depends on thechicken being pre-cooked to make it quick, but as long as you have all the ingredients on hand you can throw it all together and let it simmer 20 mins. I like to simmer it at least an hour when I have the time though.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-tortilla-soup-i/
It all sounds yum! If you are looking for another "lettuce wrap" recipe, I have one over on the BL recipe thread.... and it is quite delish, if I may say so myself!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
I'm on leave this week, revising for an exam at University on Thursday. I have all meals planned out until Friday morning, when I will be able to relax and go shopping!

My go-to meal is spag bol....always have a couple of portions of bolognaise sauce stashed in the freezer. Made up 4 more today just in case!!!
I've never made that, but when I've seen it on the Food Network it looks time consuming and complicated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
Good afternoon everyone!!

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend. Busy here, but I had a really good first week on weightwatchers. I'm still on track, and making tracking my priority, and planning to continue that way.

Want to send out a huge congratulations to all our Marathon and Half Marathon runners this weekend!! It was brutally hot down there, and they all did amazing!! Congratulations everyone!!

Have a great week, and remember, we all can do this as long as we keep on trying and NEVER GIVE UP!!!
YEAH to a great first week on WW!!! Keep on tracking!!

Did you hear from any of the runners? I kept looking but didn't see anything here.

Gotta dash, kids are here!.................P

Old 01-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #536
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
It used to be a jar of sauce with macaroni but many sauces have cheese in them and they bother dh's stomach. I haven't worked out a go to dinner yet. The easiest one I have come up with is a roast beef sub. We get it with only lettuce and tomato.

Now I have to pull myself away from an old movie I got into "The Last TIme I Saw Paris" with Elizabeth Taylor and Van Johnson
Have a happy and healthy day.
Pasta and sauce is quick and easy. I usually throw a can of fire-roasted tomatoes over pasta when I don't have any sauce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinaweena View Post
I have my netbook i'll be using until I get the new laptop, plus the desktop, the ipad, the nook, etc. We aren't exactly wanting for technology around here haha! It's just frustrating to wait to get my own thing!

Oh.... well, still a pain not to have your own machine.

So far I'm doing nothing, but I do plan on cleaning out my backpack for school and packing up my gym bag and putting it in my car so I can go right to the gym when i get out school at 7:10 tomorrow.

Good for you!! Enjoy your workout!

I don't really have a healthy go to dinner, but I really need one so uh...all ears!!

---------
Haven't done much today, have a bad case of the lazies. Of course, I always feel this way right before the semester starts. I've had a bit of a downer of a day, realizing that I'm broke (i knew this, but sometimes you can forget), and that the only way i can go to spain (which i was planning to do for two week this summer as a part of a school program) is to pay for it with loans, which i will have to pay back. trying to decide if its worth it. if anyone has any advice i would love to hear it, since i am young and niave and just really confused about what to do.

Normally I would say GO FOR IT, but if you don't have the cash, that would be tough. Any time to get any part-time work? You could borrow for now and then pay it back quickly with a part-time job?? I am not usually an advocate of borrowing money for vacations. Could your folks loan you the money either interest free or at a very low rate??

The dog got his haircut and looks very nice so i'm glad at least one dog is clean now. I talked to some people i used to work with and im still very happy with my decision to quit petsmart despite the fact tht im broke

My boyfriend is (hopefully) on his way over and im trying to coerce him into helping me clean the fish tank, which involves carrying buckets of water up and down the stairs...wish me luck!
Got clean tanks??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl36 View Post
Hi everyone! I thought I would pop in and say thanks for your great posts, they keep me motivated...although I haven't lost a pound yet I don't post a lot but enjoy reading everyone's comments. Have a great week!
Just glad to see you popping on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
I just got back from the YMCA and wanted to say... oww! I did 45 mins of strength training and then 15 on the eliptical just to get some cardio in! I think I will be sore tomrrow...

Good job!! Try a hot bath and a good stretch if you are sore today.

Anyone have any dinner plans? Or for you east coasters, what did you have for dinner? I gotta think of something...
Dinner for us was pizza ..... frozen for DS, homemade low fat for DD, homemade low carb for DH, homemade low carb/low fat for me! We had our big family meal for brunch, so it was a "grab and go" kind of night.

Quote:
Bet the kids had a great time though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post
My two older sons are 18 month apart and still remember walking around like a zombie from lack of sleep. I think for about 6 months ALL I fantasized about was sleeping for 8 hours. (No one tells you about the lack of sleep being a new mom.) It will get better ... but never back to the type of sleep before having children. As Pam said, I now get to stay up until 1:00 AM waiting for my teenage sons to come home .....

You never stop worrying about them, losing sleep over them, etc. Things just adjust as they age!

Pam ... I want to come eat at your house one of these day! You make the most wonderful meals and they are healthy too!

I do aim for healthy most of the time.... but I miss the target on tasty sometimes!

I planned my lunches and breakfasts for the week and have a start on dinners. My plans for exercise depends on the weather ... that is a day-by-day plan.

Well yesterday I ran 5 miles. This was the longest run I have done. I had to walk about .5 of a mile, but I ran the rest. : Now today, I wanted to go to the body shaping Jazzercise class (7:30 AM) then stayed for the regular class at 8:30. My friend wanted to chit-chat so we met tonight at 6:30 and walked for an hour. Now ..... tomorrow, I may not be able to move

WOW! Lots of great exercise!

The weather was unbelievable in Pittsburgh today. It was a great day to be outside.
It was fairly warm here (for January), but drizzly and foggy, so I didn't make it outside much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfigment View Post
I walked around a mall for 2 hours today and i feel muscles in my legs ive forgot about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post

No time to read back right now. I am exhausted. Watching a little TV then going to bed. Just sent my weight in-- no change from last week because of TOM. Hoping for a big "woosh" next week.

We are just glad you had a moment to pop on and say HI!

Well, that is why I am exhausted! I spent today making lunch and snacks for this coming week and getting dinners started for the first few days.

You will be so pleased with yourself come meal times this week!!

Eggs are a great quick and easy anytime meal. I only like them scrambled or as an omelet with some veggies and turkey sausage or a piece of bacon.

I also do leftovers a whole lot. And soup-- I keep cans of seasoned black beans on hand that just have to be put in the blender and then heated to make a wonderful black bean soup. And "5 Can Soup" which has a can each of Chicken Broth, Fat Free Refried beans, black beans, kidney beans, and Rotel. If I have chicken or beef available I will throw that in and some taco seasoning. So quick, easy and filling.

Time to go switch out the , fill the dishwasher and hang up some clothes before bed time.
The beans and the 5 can soup sound good! I've heard of 5 (or 10) can recipes, but never that particular one! I am DEFINITELY going to try it soon! Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
I guess that I have saved and given a better life to a lot of cats...

As a fellow cat lady, I appreciate that!

Disney--we cried when we finally made it back to Disney after 10 years of not visiting, walking down main street.

awwww!

I like your idea about keeping your gym bag packed.
bonus:
I like nachos with lots of veggies and refried beans, panko breaded chicken--I Love the chicken in a sandwich with a slice of fat free cheese. We almost always have some form of leftover around.
Been watching the golden globes and erased a huge post I just made about my weekend jeez...

Went up to Portland to see Robin Williams who I've adored since Mork n Mindy when I was a kid--was great---wanted to see him again the next night in Eugene where we live but one of our old cats died from being sick for a long time really. His mouth was just a mess-- we took him in a year or so ago when he seemed down and they wanted to euthanize him then but husband wouldn't let them and soon after he lost a weird incisor that was really long that was making it hard to eat and he improved. Anyway I had made plans to take him in last week but was outvoted and he ended up dying peacefully at home last night. We had a sort of accident at our hotel too which ended up getting very little sleep--fortunately it sorted itself out. ( You saw--heard nothing---)
Anyway what I really wanted to say was I sort of 'discovered' the DIS app on the drive and didn't do my usually extreme overeating while we were there and even tread water in the hotel pool for 1/2 hour before hitting the jacuzzi. So thanks for keeping me on track, even with everything going on. I was reading just not responding.

The rest of this week is going to be very hard on me because I'm not seeing my friend until thursday...I'm just going to work out a lot maybe catch a few of the movie nominees. I've got some cleaning to do too.
Try to enjoy your week. Sorry about the kitty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinaweena View Post
I so wish I could visit Denmark and Germany sometime soon. I choose to minor in spanish because i want to be a teacher and it just made sense, but the next language i want to learn is german. The paper I wrote was just fascinating, because I basically focused on the first three years of occupation where there was little to no resistance, and most of the scholarship kind of blames the Danes for this and I kind of listed the factor why there was no resistance and kind of argued against the scholarship on the time, so it was a really fun paper to write. In the long run I will end up with my focus being on germany but WWII in general is just a favorite of mine and I have so much fun researching and writing about it .
---------

The fish tank did not get clean. Obvisouly my persuasion skills leave something to be desired. I don't have class till three tomorrow, but I have plenty to do before school. I'm trying to make somee xtra money selling old text books online and i sold one woo hoo so i have to find something to ship it in and take care of that. Plus I have to get to school early and get a book, return a VERY overdue library book, and visit financial aid. busy busy busy day

Sorry that the fishies are still uncleaned. Maybe this week??

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Good morning!

Yesterday was an experimental day for us. I made a delicious omelette.

I did add in 1 yolk, even though it is very high with the cholesterol #. However the yolk also has other good properties in it. I did 1 yolk with 4 egg whites. Of course we will not do that all the time.

I really need to experiment how to get whites more fluffy for an omelette. Has anyone ever used cream of tartar or a mixer to "fluff them"?

I made a filling of onions, garlic, mushrooms, 1 tbsp of oil, saute, set aside. I then made the omelette, added in the filling and 1 half of provolone cheese for 2g of sat fat.

So totals were from my rough calculations, calories 418, sat fat 4.8, sodium 359, cholesterol 191.

I think I am going to make more "fillings" for things to boost nutrition in our diet. It is so easy to saute and bring out flavors so we do not have to use salt or seasonings.

Guess I don't worry too much about "fluffy." I whisk them up straight out of the shell, dump them in the skillet and call it good! Occasionally I will add a splash of milk or water, but not usually. I do love lots of veggies with my egg white omelets!!

Dinner was boneless pork chops and steamed yukon gold potatoes again.

Tonight it is chicken breasts! Not sure how I am going to prepare it. I am going to experiment a bit with it, I think. I have some spinach I would like to sneak in there...

Happy Planning for everyone today!!!!
What kind of veggies do you usually throw in with dinner??

CAUGHT UP!

Kids are at computer for 5 more minutes and then I will be busy until recess/lunch time.

Did a lousy workout at the Y this morning. Run just wasn't happening well.... but at least I tried and was on the TM for a full 35 minutes (including warm-up and cool-down), plus I did a good stretch. Had to hustle around this morning because I had to shower and dress for work and go get gas by the time the girls were done dressing, so I cut my workout a bit shorter than usual.

Dinner tonight is an excellent crockpot recipe I got over on the Budget Board. It calls for chicken, but I make it with lean pork loin chops so that we can all eat it. But I'm realizing that the men will be heading out to robotics before I return home to finish making it, so I will need to write down the directions for DS to finish it so he can eat before he leaves! About time I taught that boy some cooking skills!

Off to hit the bathroom before I grab the kids! TTYL...............P

Old 01-14-2013, 12:42 PM   #537
pjlla
<><

Quote:

What is your creative outlet in life? How often do you find time for it? Is your family supportive of it?

My primary creative outlet is my scrapbooking. I've always done it and always loved it, but I found that as the kids were growing, I NEEDED some sort of creativity and something that had a "start and end" to it (unlike the daily grind of cleaning, laundry, cooking, work, etc). I did get into redecorating for a while, but found I was never satisfied with the results and that ends up being a REALLY EXPENSIVE creative outlet!

Finding time is a problem. I squeeze it in when I can, but I often end up pulled away, even when I plan an hour or so into the schedule.

Kids love their scrapbooks (especially DD). DH doesn't say much, but he doesn't complain about it either. And he usually provides some sort of scrapping related gift at birthdays and Christmas.

Bonus QOTD: Do you have any sort of weird/strange food combinations that you just love?
Well..... probably nothing too strange. When I make a taco salad I LOVE to put blobs of warm fat-free refried beans on it (love rf beans in any form). And I make my own salad dressing combo for taco salad. I combine 3 Tb. of mild salsa with 1 Tb. of Bolthouse Farms creamy yogurt blue cheese dressing. YUMMMMMM!! Makes a DELIGHTFUL creamy salad dressing.

I really like a salty/sweet combination, so I am fond of peanut butter in lots of different things (especially a good pb and banana sandwich.... but I try not to eat bananas.... too much sugar).

Kids are off to recess. Morning wasn't too difficult, but a few disrespectful kiddos certainly left me wishing for a coffee break!

Straight to the Y after school and then home for dinner, so I won't be on again until later! TTYL...................P

Old 01-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #538
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

Scrapbooking, as you know, is my creative outlet. I don't have near enough time to dedicate to it so I streamline it. One day I sort pics, the next time I find paper, the 3rd day I build kits. So when I do sit down for a scrapfest I can crank out the pages.
Family is somewhat supportive. The kids love the albums, the DH hates the cost. LOL
Old 01-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #539
tarzansmom
I would rather be at Walt Disney World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla

I love scrapbooking, sewing, and needlepoint.

2003- POR * 2005- POP * 2006- POP * 2008- POP/CSR * 2010- WL * 2011- CBR * 2013-?
tarzansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #540
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Scrapbooking, as you know, is my creative outlet. I don't have near enough time to dedicate to it so I streamline it. One day I sort pics, the next time I find paper, the 3rd day I build kits. So when I do sit down for a scrapfest I can crank out the pages.
Family is somewhat supportive. The kids love the albums, the DH hates the cost. LOL
I work similarly. Btw...any chance you can come up north for CKC?

Quote:
I love scrapbooking, sewing, and needlepoint.
Do you do any cross-stitch?

Evening friends! Just finally collapsing down now to watch BL. Busy evening with swim, groceries, etc.

I had originally asked for tomorrow off, but they called today and begged me to work and told me I can leave by 2pm for the dentist, so I said okay. Flu has hit us hard!

Dinner was good, but not as good as usual...not enough salsa.

Hope you all in the NE area had a chance to get out today and enjoy the unseasonably warm weather! And now we are expecting snow on Thursday!

I'm ready to hit the pillow! TTY tomorrow!........P

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: