facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #511
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

QOTD for Sunday, January 13, 2013:

For most of us, our busy week starts up tomorrow. What kind of things are you going to do today to make SURE that you have a successful week, both with regards to eating OP and with exercise?

(Shamelessly stolen from the BL QOTD archives)
BONUS QOTD:What is your "go to" healthy-ish dinner to whip up when you have little time (or energy)?

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!

Last edited by pjlla; 01-13-2013 at 12:05 PM.
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #512
pjlla
<><

I knew I was missing some quotes! Sorry to those I missed the first time around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Good morning everyone.

I don't know where the last couple of weeks have gone. I still can't believe that it Jan already in our school year. This entire school year has been a blurr.
QOTD for Saturday, January 12, 2013:

What do you consider your greatest personal accomplishment (other than your children)? Can be work, school, life-related, etc.

My personal accomplishment is all the education I have gotten since I started teaching. I have a Masters plus at least another 45 credits over it. I wish I had gotten a PhD but I found one I wanted when I had 30 credits and I still would have needed the 60 credits the college wanted. It would have cost me $50,000 and I didn't have that money and ds1 was close to going to college.

My other accomplishment was from the first one. I took a lot of the extra credits turned them into workshopsthat I have given to other teachers. In 20 years I gave over 40 workshops. I have been able to give a great deal of information to other math teachers.

I am also happy that I have been able to help several charities due to my handcrafts. I have donated blankets to Project Linus and pillowcases to ConKerr Cancer.

You have accomplished SO MUCH both in your professional life and your volunteer life!

Bonus QOTD: What is your top #1 favorite family Disney memory? You know, that special moment that brought tears to your eyes!

It is the love my dh has gotten for Disney. There was the year I was recovering from bunion surgery and him say to me "Let's go to DW"

It was a couple of weeks ago when he said to me "We have to decide where we are going to stay for my 60th birthday (3 years away).

It was a couple of weeks ago when he came home with 2 books about Disneyland. We plan to go in 5 years for our 40 anniversary.

Off to stretch out my back and then get ready to go to church. I don't have to go to the nursing home because of the flu. They don't want anyone there so my communion group don't have to go.

Have a happy and healthy day.
How wonderful that DH has developed a Disney love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Good Morning to everyone and welcome to all the new people! Seems like we had quite a lot of people joining over the last days!!

So, I am up half a pound from yesterday so it seems that my weigh in yesterday was not totally incorrect. Still that means that within one week I lost 4.5 pounds. Still quite unbelievable to me since I am normally not losing weight fast. But I just happily take it for what it is and now will try to just use it as a huge motivation to continue on and hopefully top my January goal of 5 pounds significantly!!

WOOHOO!

It's a grey winter day and I need to get going with sorting through some papers and bills - but thought answering yesterday's QOTD would be a nice way to put that off for a little while...

Biggest accomplishment:

I would say it was my exchange year in Denmark. When I was 17 I took part in a program by an exchange organisation that sent me to live with a Danish family for a year. I went to school there and learnt Danish. I think it was a huge challenge to be abroad for a year with people that were strangers at first and having to speak a new foreign language. Especially since this was before the days of the internet and besides weekly letters my only contact to home would be a monthly phone call for 10 minutes which cost my parents half a fortune. But it was also a year that had a tremendous influence on my personality, it gave me confidence, I learned how to get through difficult situation and it manifested my general interest for other countries, cultures and people. I am still involved with the organisation as a volunteer until this day as I think it is such a wonderful opportunity for young people.

WOW!!

Disney memory:

A lot (if not most) of my Disney trips have been together with my sister ever since our first trip to DL in 1992 while we visited my aunt in California. So Disney trips are very much full of memories of having a wonderful time with my sister. But it is very difficult to pick that one moment.

I guess it would have to be the one morning during our first trip to Disneyland Paris in 195. That was the year they opened their Space Mountain - which is very different from the American Space Mountains as it has inversions and a soundtrack. We stayed at a Disney hotel and therefore had access to an early opening of Tomorrowland. We were there at 8am and proceeded directly to Space Mountain where we managed to get on without a wait. When we arrived back at the station after a fantastic ride on that wonderful coaster (the story was that you are in teh Jules Verne novel "From the Earth to the Moon" and are travelling to the moon, including seeing the smiling moon just above you at one point), the CMs were making strange signs and then my sister realised that they were asking whether we would like to stay on our "rocket" as there was no one in line. So we said yes and around we went again. We finally got off after our fourth ride in a row! And felt rather wobbly for one hour or so afterwards...

The sad thing is that this version does not exist anymore, they did an "update" called Mission 2 which to me was a downgrade of the ride. In addition the coaster has become very rough so I can't ride it that much anymore.
I've ridden in CA and in FL and I think overall I prefer the CA Space Mountain. We were there in 2005 for the grand re-opening and it was a WONDERFUL, exciting day to ride!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D73 View Post
Thank you to Fran (Mary°Poppins) for pushing me through MFP to get going again and especially to popping back on the DIS to join the challenge.

I am Christopher. I am American but have lived in Switzerland for 9 and 1/2 years now. Ride the weight roller coaster too much. First half of the year is good and then by summer I am slacking and fall into holiday season I pack it all on again......ugh.

Other than my weight goal for the month, I have some new pants I got for Christmas that do not fit....so those are my first size goal....get into the clothes that I have received.

I need to get my head around this new challenge format. The initial page appears easy enough and I have PM'd Rose&Mike. Will read through a bit to see how coaching and discussions are running.

Cheers
CHRISTOPHER!! So glad to see you back again!! You have been missed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984 View Post
Just stopping by to say good morning and vent a little. Since the beginning of December I haven't gotten a good nights sleep. I've been sleeping an average of 5 hours a night and nights where I get a little more are interrupted a few times a night by either my 3 month old or 1 year old... I'm running on fumes here and can't handle it much longer! It's also annoying because I'm doing everything right to lose weight (eating well and working out 6 days a week) but I'm sure this lack of sleep is stalling my weight loss (I'm still losing though).
I know it's temporary and really soon my 3 month old will be sleeping through the night but I'm just so tired!!!!
That's it. Just wanted to vent a little after a 4 hour sleep night

Well.... I've been awaken at 4 am frequently by my baby.... and she is 17 years old!! :rotfl Swim practice, hockey practice, early school mornings.... lots of things to wake you early when you have teens! But those baby years are TOUGH. It will get better. Take a nap today when the baby is sleeping. The laundry/dishes/vacuuming/cooking/dusting will wait!

On a positive note this weekend I'm at my parents' house for my dad's bday and its been my first real test of how well ill eat when faced with temptation. I did really well and allowed myself to enjoy a couple of my favourite things but I tracked every bite and only went one point over my daily total (so I used a weekly point). So I'm pretty proud of myself for that

Have a great day everyone!
Good for you!

NOW I'm caught up! Off for a cup of tea, empty the dishwasher, throw the clothes in the dryer, and hit the scrapping table!.................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #513
pjlla
<><

For most of us, our busy week starts up tomorrow. What kind of things are you going to do today to make SURE that you have a successful week, both with regards to eating OP and with exercise?

Later this evening I will pack up my bag for the gym tomorrow morning (work clothes, towels, make-up etc), as well as packing lunches for the kids and myself for tomorrow. That way, when I get up, I can go straight to work from the gym and everyone will have everything they need for the day. I will also try to plan my outfit for Wednesday's work day as well and have it ready to pack up and take to the gym. I will plan my dinners (at least, as well as I can considering the crazy schedule) and try to have a crockpot meal nearly every day if possible. Makes the evening SO MUCH EASIER!

BONUS QOTD:What is your "go to" healthy-ish dinner to whip up when you have little time (or energy)?

Eggs are a great choice! Egg white omelets with lowfat cheese and spinach, toast or Vitamuffins, and fruit. Quick, easy, and light.

Rice and beans (although the rice takes 45 minutes to cook... but not much energy). Don't eat that much around here, as DH won't eat the carbs and DD won't eat the beans.

Salmon burgers/patties and steamed broccoli..... ready in 15 minutes. Eat the burgers plain or on a roll (I prefer the low carb sandwich thin type things).

Veggie burgers.... lots of flavors to choose from. DD and I like the Morning Star Farms California T'key burger, I like the MSF tomato and basil pizza burger. I also like any of the plain veggie burgers (both MSF brand and Gardenburger brand). Side salad or green veggie and I'm good to go! ..........P

Old 01-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #514
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Biggest accomplishment:

I would say it was my exchange year in Denmark. When I was 17 I took part in a program by an exchange organisation that sent me to live with a Danish family for a year. I went to school there and learnt Danish. I think it was a huge challenge to be abroad for a year with people that were strangers at first and having to speak a new foreign language. Especially since this was before the days of the internet and besides weekly letters my only contact to home would be a monthly phone call for 10 minutes which cost my parents half a fortune. But it was also a year that had a tremendous influence on my personality, it gave me confidence, I learned how to get through difficult situation and it manifested my general interest for other countries, cultures and people. I am still involved with the organisation as a volunteer until this day as I think it is such a wonderful opportunity for young people.
Wow, that is an amazing accomplishment. Growing up I always wanted to be an exchange student but life didn't work out that way. And I totally admire those that can jump into such an unknown way of living, learn new things and meet new people... have those great memories! A friend of mine from work was an exchange student in Costa Rica for a year and she has great stories and photos from this time as well!

Quote:
Thank you to Fran (Mary°Poppins) for pushing me through MFP to get going again and especially to popping back on the DIS to join the challenge.

I am Christopher. I am American but have lived in Switzerland for 9 and 1/2 years now. Ride the weight roller coaster too much. First half of the year is good and then by summer I am slacking and fall into holiday season I pack it all on again......ugh.

Other than my weight goal for the month, I have some new pants I got for Christmas that do not fit....so those are my first size goal....get into the clothes that I have received.

I need to get my head around this new challenge format. The initial page appears easy enough and I have PM'd Rose&Mike. Will read through a bit to see how coaching and discussions are running.

Cheers
Hi Christopher! back!! I am right there riding the weight roller coaster with you... Thats why my goal this year is small and steady success Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Quote:
Just stopping by to say good morning and vent a little. Since the beginning of December I haven't gotten a good nights sleep. I've been sleeping an average of 5 hours a night and nights where I get a little more are interrupted a few times a night by either my 3 month old or 1 year old... I'm running on fumes here and can't handle it much longer! It's also annoying because I'm doing everything right to lose weight (eating well and working out 6 days a week) but I'm sure this lack of sleep is stalling my weight loss (I'm still losing though).
I know it's temporary and really soon my 3 month old will be sleeping through the night but I'm just so tired!!!!

On a positive note this weekend I'm at my parents' house for my dad's bday and its been my first real test of how well ill eat when faced with temptation. I did really well and allowed myself to enjoy a couple of my favourite things but I tracked every bite and only went one point over my daily total (so I used a weekly point). So I'm pretty proud of myself for that

Oh my goodness I remember those days! Glad I only had one at a time at the "wake you up all night" stage! My BFF and maid of honor at my wedding this summer has a 1-yr-old and a 3-yr-old, she has called me practically in tears about her lack of sleep. I always offer to keep the kids, even if just for a nap! Maybe there is someone who could help out and watch them so you could get a nap in a few times a week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclovesdis View Post
Allergy testing revealed a few things. I testing positive to 4 of the 29 tests. That equates to 6 (I think) new allergies. One of these new allergens requires me to avoid it and latex. I've been told to say I'm allergic to latex, but now my doctors and I know why. I am also allergic to 2 things I can't pronounce that are in the shampoo I was using. I switched to a very allergen-friendly shampoo and my face is so much less red, itchy, and scabby. I have easily 50% less acne too. I have lots of products I need to be careful with now, including glues (not so much of the standard school variety), paints, and hoses. My favorite potential source of one of the allergens is root canal disinfectant.

In more exciting (or less boring ) new, I am going to be a bridesmaid in a wedding this summer. Definitely a motivator to lose weight. I rejoined WW yesterday and the bride and I are thinking about going together. She has had previous success as have I and we are both hoping this helps. I will continue going if it doesn't work out that we can go together. I would love to, but our schedules are tricky.

Hope everyone has a great day today! Cannot wait for updates from our runners!
Sorry to hear about all the new allergies, but at least now you have some answers and can hopefully address the issue with allergen free products!

Good job on rejoining WW I am planning for my wedding on 9/7/13 so we can keep each other on track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Happy Sunday friends! It was a slow start around here today, but I'm finally on! Today's brunch was pancakes and fruit.... high fiber whole grain pancakes with real syrup for the kids and flaxseed/almond flour pancakes (Dr. Oz recipe) with fruit spread for me (and with real cinnamon butter for DH). Plus I made a fruit salad with cantaloupe and berries and another bowl of grapefruit. Since we ate late I told the family it was BRUNCH and not breakfast and don't come looking for food again at noon!
You always make such wonderful meals! Wish I lived at your house...

Quote:

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Purple"]Salmon burgers/patties and steamed broccoli..... ready in 15 minutes. Eat the burgers plain or on a roll (I prefer the low carb sandwich thin type things).

Veggie burgers.... lots of flavors to choose from. DD and I like the Morning Star Farms California T'key burger, I like the MSF tomato and basil pizza burger. I also like any of the plain veggie burgers (both MSF brand and Gardenburger brand). Side salad or green veggie and I'm good to go! ..........P
I love MSF too! How do you make the salmon burgers? I love salmon and would like to incorporate it into our meals more.

Quote:

I plan to go shopping to make sure we have an ample stock of romaine and chicken for salads, as well as other veggies, in the house! Also, I want to get some work done from home today so that I can maybe get a workout or two in at the Y during the week... Oh, and get to bed on time tonight so that I can get up early tomorrow and workout before getting the kids up and ready for school!

Bonus QOTD: My go to dinners would be salad with chicken (only the time it takes to chop everything up as long as the chicken is pre-cooked like rotisserie from the store or left-overs), or grilled chicken and steamed veggies (20 mins tops), or grilled ham and cheese sandwiches with tomato soup (though I am off bread so I would have to make myself a ham and cheese lettuce rollup as a substitute). Oh and a new fav around here is chicken tortilla soup. Again it depends on thechicken being pre-cooked to make it quick, but as long as you have all the ingredients on hand you can throw it all together and let it simmer 20 mins. I like to simmer it at least an hour when I have the time though.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-tortilla-soup-i/

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #515
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm on leave this week, revising for an exam at University on Thursday. I have all meals planned out until Friday morning, when I will be able to relax and go shopping!

My go-to meal is spag bol....always have a couple of portions of bolognaise sauce stashed in the freezer. Made up 4 more today just in case!!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:15 PM   #516
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon everyone!!

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend. Busy here, but I had a really good first week on weightwatchers. I'm still on track, and making tracking my priority, and planning to continue that way.

Want to send out a huge congratulations to all our Marathon and Half Marathon runners this weekend!! It was brutally hot down there, and they all did amazing!! Congratulations everyone!!

Have a great week, and remember, we all can do this as long as we keep on trying and NEVER GIVE UP!!!

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:15 PM   #517
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Quote:

I have been grocery shopping and now I have to clean out the frig. I am making chicken soup for dinner. I am thinking of packing my lunch tonight.

It used to be a jar of sauce with macaroni but many sauces have cheese in them and they bother dh's stomach. I haven't worked out a go to dinner yet. The easiest one I have come up with is a roast beef sub. We get it with only lettuce and tomato.

Now I have to pull myself away from an old movie I got into "The Last TIme I Saw Paris" with Elizabeth Taylor and Van Johnson

Have a happy and healthy day.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #518
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Amanda-Congratulations on your engagement. Those pictures are priceless. How wonderful to have the kids there too. So special.

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #519
trinaweena
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good Morning to everyone and welcome to all the new people! Seems like we had quite a lot of people joining over the last days!!

So, I am up half a pound from yesterday so it seems that my weigh in yesterday was not totally incorrect. Still that means that within one week I lost 4.5 pounds. Still quite unbelievable to me since I am normally not losing weight fast. But I just happily take it for what it is and now will try to just use it as a huge motivation to continue on and hopefully top my January goal of 5 pounds significantly!!

It's a grey winter day and I need to get going with sorting through some papers and bills - but thought answering yesterday's QOTD would be a nice way to put that off for a little while...

Biggest accomplishment:

Disney memory:

A lot (if not most) of my Disney trips have been together with my sister ever since our first trip to DL in 1992 while we visited my aunt in California. So Disney trips are very much full of memories of having a wonderful time with my sister. But it is very difficult to pick that one moment.

I guess it would have to be the one morning during our first trip to Disneyland Paris in 195. That was the year they opened their Space Mountain - which is very different from the American Space Mountains as it has inversions and a soundtrack. We stayed at a Disney hotel and therefore had access to an early opening of Tomorrowland. We were there at 8am and proceeded directly to Space Mountain where we managed to get on without a wait. When we arrived back at the station after a fantastic ride on that wonderful coaster (the story was that you are in teh Jules Verne novel "From the Earth to the Moon" and are travelling to the moon, including seeing the smiling moon just above you at one point), the CMs were making strange signs and then my sister realised that they were asking whether we would like to stay on our "rocket" as there was no one in line. So we said yes and around we went again. We finally got off after our fourth ride in a row! And felt rather wobbly for one hour or so afterwards...

The sad thing is that this version does not exist anymore, they did an "update" called Mission 2 which to me was a downgrade of the ride. In addition the coaster has become very rough so I can't ride it that much anymore.
That is so great that you go to study in Denmark. Denmark is at the top of my places to visit in Europe (next to Germany) because my first big research paper I ever wrote was about the Nazi occupation of Denmark during WWII and I kind of just fell in love with it. I actually have a little Denmark flag hanging over my desk so when I get discouraged I look at it and remember what I accomplished with that paper. I'm hoping to study abroad for 2 weeks this summer in spain, but money is a little tight and i would have to use student loans, so we will see.

Quote:

As someone who has suffered from insomnia for 7 years, I feel your pain! Getting to no sleep in the absolute worst! I would have suggestions for all natural ways to make yourself sleepy that i use, but i have no suggestions for dealing with children who dont sleep! Havent hit that stage in my life yet! (Although my boyfriend says i'll be a great mom cause i dont sleep anyways). GOOD luck, hope you find some rest soon

Quote:

I'm sure he'll look adorable after his trim!

I have my netbook i'll be using until I get the new laptop, plus the desktop, the ipad, the nook, etc. We aren't exactly wanting for technology around here haha! It's just frustrating to wait to get my own thing!

And he does look very handsome!

Quote:

So far I'm doing nothing, but I do plan on cleaning out my backpack for school and packing up my gym bag and putting it in my car so I can go right to the gym when i get out school at 7:10 tomorrow.

I don't really have a healthy go to dinner, but I really need one so uh...all ears!!

---------
Haven't done much today, have a bad case of the lazies. Of course, I always feel this way right before the semester starts. I've had a bit of a downer of a day, realizing that I'm broke (i knew this, but sometimes you can forget), and that the only way i can go to spain (which i was planning to do for two week this summer as a part of a school program) is to pay for it with loans, which i will have to pay back. trying to decide if its worth it. if anyone has any advice i would love to hear it, since i am young and niave and just really confused about what to do.

The dog got his haircut and looks very nice so i'm glad at least one dog is clean now. I talked to some people i used to work with and im still very happy with my decision to quit petsmart despite the fact tht im broke

My boyfriend is (hopefully) on his way over and im trying to coerce him into helping me clean the fish tank, which involves carrying buckets of water up and down the stairs...wish me luck!
July 2009 Wilderness Lodge
July 2010 Animal Kindgdom Lodge
May 2012 1st cruise on the magic plus 4 days in WDW!
trinaweena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #520
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Eliza,

welcome! I am happy to see another European on this thread!! At least I think that so far I haven't notice anyone else from Europe - sorry if I missed someone else!!

I used to live in the UK for a while and always loved the way how people measure their weight in stones! It seems to be such an accomplishment when you can say that you lost "a stone" - very impressed by your previous success of losing several of them! I hope you will be as successful this time round!
Flossbolna....not only am I a fellow European...I've actually been to Nuremburg!!! Visited in December 2011 for the Christmas Markets (not good for anyone on a diet!....beer, sausages, fruit bread, gluwein) We were staying in Munich and took the train to Nurenberg for the day. Bought my little Bavarian Lion in a shop there.

Hope you are doing well with your personal targets for weight loss and fitness

E
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #521
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinaweena View Post
That is so great that you go to study in Denmark. Denmark is at the top of my places to visit in Europe (next to Germany) because my first big research paper I ever wrote was about the Nazi occupation of Denmark during WWII and I kind of just fell in love with it. I actually have a little Denmark flag hanging over my desk so when I get discouraged I look at it and remember what I accomplished with that paper. I'm hoping to study abroad for 2 weeks this summer in spain, but money is a little tight and i would have to use student loans, so we will see.
What a fun coincidence! I hope you get to go to Denmark at some point. Actually depending on where you are in Spain you could look into getting a cheap flight as this is a destination where a lot of the no frill companies fly to. However, once you are in Denmark, nothing is going to be cheap!! All of Scandinavia is very expensive unfortunately.

I think I remember that you mentioned something about your field of study and I was intrigued by it. The Danes are still very proud of that the Nazis did not consider them trustworthy during the occupation and I can imagine how studying that time would make you like Denmark!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #522
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Flossbolna....not only am I a fellow European...I've actually been to Nuremburg!!! Visited in December 2011 for the Christmas Markets (not good for anyone on a diet!....beer, sausages, fruit bread, gluwein) We were staying in Munich and took the train to Nurenberg for the day. Bought my little Bavarian Lion in a shop there.

Hope you are doing well with your personal targets for weight loss and fitness

E
Yes, the Christmas Market is not at all diet friendly!!! But I love it and usually go there quite a few times while it is on.

Your lion is really cute! What a fun souvenir!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #523
fitgirl36
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I thought I would pop in and say thanks for your great posts, they keep me motivated...although I haven't lost a pound yet I don't post a lot but enjoy reading everyone's comments. Have a great week!
fitgirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #524
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

Cheers
Hey Stranger!!! Was so so glad to see you on MFP today!!!!

I hope all is well in Switzerland.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #525
araes2102
Mouseketeer

I just got back from the YMCA and wanted to say... oww! I did 45 mins of strength training and then 15 on the eliptical just to get some cardio in! I think I will be sore tomrrow...

Anyone have any dinner plans? Or for you east coasters, what did you have for dinner? I gotta think of something...

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: