Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #466
camnhan
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 573

Not thrilled with weight gain and the fact that i have not been eating much however my positive is that I have refrained from eating my way through my disappointment and frustration and continued to make wise choices
__________________
Jen
June 2004 (all 28 of us! never again!!!) off-site, Dec 2007 WL, May 2010 POR, June 2011 Poly/BC, April 2012 CS

camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #467
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy
 
lovetoscrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Pits of DISpair: AKA- NOT WDW
Posts: 22,646
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post

Sorry about the bad news. I agree about the unfairness between the sexes. DH says the word diet and loses 5pounds...then he throw his clothes on the treadmill and loses another 5! What's wrong with this!?
It is so unfair! It is wonderful when DH wants to join me and support me but sucks when he eats more than me and loses more, faster.

Quote:
************
Evening friends! Swim meet went well...DD took first in the 500 freestyle and second in the 200 freestyle

.........P
Contrats to her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
I know exactly what you both are talking about with the men! DH stops eating 3 dinners and loses a clothing size!

And Pamela, I was thinking about you last night. DD had her second swim lesson. Watching her was amazing - she absolutely beamed every time her little face popped out of the water. I think we'll be signing up for a lot more!

I have got to go finish up last bits of packing - our flight is at 7:30am! Off to see a mouse about a medal!
So cool! Love that phrase. Have a great time.

We have some great pictures of DD 12 when she was about 6 an in her first few meets. She would pull her head out of the water to breathe and then see us with the camera and give us a big smile! She came in last but was very photogenic!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
QOTD for Friday, January 11, 2013:

Here is my list of ten things to do when the cravings strike hard. What can you add to it??


1. Brush and floss your teeth. Who wants to mess up such nice clean teeth?


2. Go to bed. If it is near bedtime, just get away from the kitchen and go to sleep!

...................P
I use these 2 very often. I have had days where I was afraid I would wear all the enamel off of my teeth from brushing them so often!! I have been using the bedtime a lot lately.

I will add-- get a drink. A big glass of water is the best but often I will get a coffee or tea, or the diet hot chocolate I talk about often. Usually having a hot drink to sip on, especially with some stevia will help the cravings.

Also I will sometimes just have a few pieces of Dove Dark Chocolate. Sometimes I have to at least indulge in something so that helps with portion control and isn't so bad. I take tiny bites so it lasts longer!


Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Hi all!! Not sure if anyone will remember, but I was part of the BL challenge last year. Anyway, at that time I was planning for my family's first ever trip to DLR. Well we made it!! And had the most wonderful week of our lives!! In fact, DBF bad the biggest surprise in store and proposed in front of the castle on our magic morning! Very exciting And here I am needing to lose weight now before the wedding. Hope I can join in, I spent the last 2 days (in my free time anyway) catching up on the thread. I know Rose is at WDW competing the.marathon right now (so exciting!) so I will pm her for when she gets back. Just had a few minutes pop in and say hello, I will come back later to answer some QOTDs!
Congratulations! That is so exciting!


Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post

OK OK, enough beating myself up. I'm gonna hit the dreadmill as soon as I get home from the DR!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
Not thrilled with weight gain and the fact that i have not been eating much however my positive is that I have refrained from eating my way through my disappointment and frustration and continued to make wise choices
It sounds like you are doing great. Just maintaining with what you are going through is a huge accomplishment.
__________________
Need help with: PHOTOS, TICKERS, SIGNATURES, AVATARS, FINDING your Posts/Threads, Posting LINKS? Check out the FAQ and VIDEO TUTORIAL






SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #468
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy
 
lovetoscrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Pits of DISpair: AKA- NOT WDW
Posts: 22,646
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
QOTD Tuesday, January 8, 2013
One week down! What are you most proud of? What have you struggled with?

And...say something positive.
I am proud that I have stuck to my plan with my meals and while I have had a few "treats" I haven't gone overboard with them. And even with PMS this week I didn't lose myself in a bag of chips and chocolate! That is my proud and positive!

Have struggled with the big bag of chocolate at work. But I have tried to just allowed myself 2 pieces-- they are the little bite size ones. Most days is has worked. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khiori View Post
I skimmed over the past few pages. I have been out of commission a few days. Our dog had a medical emergency we've been dealing with and now I think I'm just running on fumes, I'm so tired!!
.
Hope your dog is doing better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
My positive for the day:
I haven't killed my husband yet. But the night is young, I might need some DIS bail money.
That's what DIS friends are for! In fact I was once voted "holder of the bail money" for a DIS gals trip to the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
QOTD for Wednesday, January 9, 2013:

Do you track your food? Why/why not? If you do, what is your method? Paper and pen, MFP, digital? If you don't, do you think you should? If you do, do you foresee doing it long term or just for a little while?

BB in a bit! ..............P
Not a tracker. I have tried, I really have. It is just not something that I can do consistently. I hate it. I have never liked journal writing, keeping a diary or anything else. I have tried all different ways to track but never keep up with it past a few days. I did do WW back in the Spring and kept up with that for a few months and I think that was a record for me!

I will say that restarting this time I am wishing that I had tracked in the past because I would love to pull that out and just replicate what I was eating then. But because I pretty much follow South Beach and don't strictly count calories or fat or even carbs I haven't really seen the need to track. I pretty much know if I am eating something I "should" or "shouldn't" and if the scale doesn't say what I hope it will I know it is because of the pasta I ate 3 days that week or the bag of chips. I did try MFP and SparkPeople but because they are calorie dependent they don't really help me. I always end up over on most of the things they track and low on others even when I am following my plan exactly like I should. I also cook most everything from fresh and it is a pain to enter every recipe and determine the portions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
Hey all....

Surgery went well however had not anticipated the level of pain I have had. Took them 2 hours to get it under control post surgery. Doing better today. Just hanging out in bed with arm elevated and iced. No appetite but have been trying to eat a little something.

Best wishes to everyone running this weekend!!!! Can't wait to follow your race times. Have a great time!! Can't wait for pics....

Positive: I have the most amazing hubby he has literally been at my side every minute running for anything I need. He even thought ahead and had the heated blanket turned on on my side of bed so when we got home last night I had a nice warm spot to curl up in!!!!! He has made this tough recovery more tolerable..

112 days to Disney
to your husband! It is so wonderful to have that support when you need it most. Glad the surgery went well. Hopefully the recovery will be quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
But the difference this time is that I KEPT GOING! I didn't look at a few "vacation pounds gained" as an excuse to give up! I got right back on track at the end of that trip and haven't looked back! I realized that it needed to be a LIFELONG JOURNEY rather than a temporary visit to "healthy eating land"!!

I lost about 90 pounds (depending on what day it is ) and have kept it off for 3+ years! And I am SO thrilled with that.... every-single-day!!
You are such a great inspiration!

Quote:
QOTD for Thursday, January 10, 2013:

What is going to make the difference for you this time? Are you trying to eat "healthy" rather than just to lose weight? Are you starting regular exercise for the first time? Did you have a health scare that pushed you in the right direction? Presuming that like me, you have tried to lose weight before, what is DIFFERENT this time that is going to make you successful!

BONUS QOTD: What is your absolute TOP THREE favorite super-low cal or virtually no-cal go-to snack/drink? (Something under 50 calories for a serving would qualify here.) ......................P
I think it is my resolve that is different. When I lost the first 50 pounds I was just THERE. Don't really know why but for the first time in my life I knew it was going to happen and I WAS going to do it. I was actually pretty surprised at how well I did. And even more surprised that I have maintained it for over a year. And now I feel like I am THERE again. I have the determination to put on my Nikes and Just Do It and get another 30 pounds off. Then I will see where I need to go from there.

Hmmm, low cal? Since I don't really count calories that is difficult.
1. Water
2. Cinnamon mixed with a packet of Stevia and sprinkled over apple slices
3. Have I ever mentioned how much I like Swiss Miss Diet hot chocolate? That is really one of my big go tos for a low cal snack


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post

Yesterday I went out to eat, ordered the turkey burger. I asked for the nutritional menu then. Come to find out the turkey burger had MORE sat fat than the hamburger. Now I did get it without cheese but they snuck mayo on it. I would have had it removed.

So tip from me, if you go out to eat, ask for the nutritional menu BEFORE you order. It was a good lesson. Normally I plan before I go somewhere but this was a time were it was not planned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post

I have also learned the hard way to ask for the NI in advance! Some restaurants are better at it than others. Uno's Pizzeria has a kiosk in the lobby with all of their NI on it and that is a big help.... as long as you look carefully and see that many of their dishes are 2-3 servings!

When I have asked at Ruby Tuesday's (love their salad bar!) and Applebee's, both times I was brought a binder from the kitchen.... not something that was necessarily prepared for the consumer, but it still had everything I needed. It is amazing how much you need to ask and I am still learning. And EVERYTHING ON THE SIDE! No dressing, sauces, oils, etc on my foods.... I'll add it myself, thank you.
I usually try to plan ahead and look online at NI. Most chain restaurants have it on their websites. For the places I go most often I have it saved in my IPOD so that I can always do a quick check.

And don't ever be afraid to order things "plain"-- no butter on the steak, no oil on the grilled chicken. Dressing and sauce on the side. Sub substitute the veggies for the fries -- but be careful I have ordered the veggies only have them come swimming in butter. Ask questions and ask for things that will make your meal work for you. And despite what your Mom or Grandma may have told you the starving children of the world will not get any benefit from you cleaning your plate! Ask for a box WITH your meal and put half of it in the box for lunch tomorrow before you even start eating or just simply say no and let your plate be cleared off the table with food left on it. Then buy some cans of veggies and donate them to the local food pantry to get rid of the guilt of all those starving children!
__________________
Need help with: PHOTOS, TICKERS, SIGNATURES, AVATARS, FINDING your Posts/Threads, Posting LINKS? Check out the FAQ and VIDEO TUTORIAL






SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #469
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy
 
lovetoscrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Pits of DISpair: AKA- NOT WDW
Posts: 22,646
DISboards Moderator



I think I have gotten to all the QOTD that I missed and I was able to skim through the posts to see how everyone is doing.

We had a week at work. Everyone was just exhausted. It was just a week with one thing after another happening and not much down time. We had a suspected gas leak in the building on Wednesday and go to get some great fresh air time since we had to evacuate. It was a beautiful day and was nice to be out in the sunshine! I really had no idea that school secretary would be so exciting and exhausting! But I absolutely love my job and love each new challenge. Even if the challenge is to not tell a some of the people I deal with exactly what I am thinking. . .

I did have 2 people at work notice that I have lost some weight. I can really see it in my face-- it seems to always show my gains and loss quickly. I got a new shirt this week and it looks great on me-- really boosted my self confidence and I got a lot of compliments. Think they will notice at work if I wear it once or twice a week?

My IBS flare up seems to have finally calmed down. Haven't had any problems all week so hopefully it is behind me for a while.

I had to deal with a sticky situation today-- the office secretaries get food out every Friday. It is really not something that can be avoided, there are only 4 of us and it is a long standing tradition and socially as the new girl it is really not something I can say no to. But today I had to decline. They were getting their favorite hot dogs. There are no other options but hot dogs where they were ordering from and even if I am not "dieting" I don't really like hot dogs. They love these hot dogs but offered to order from somewhere else since I told them I had brought my lunch (I had) and wouldn't be ordering. I had to have a private talk with the "leader" of our group and told her to please not let my eating needs have anything to do with where they order from. If they are going somewhere I want something from I will order and if not I will always have my own food or get a school salad. I don't want them avoiding the places they like just because I have "special" needs. I actually really hate it when others make a big deal of what I am eating or not eating. They are curious though about some of the unique things I bring and why I try to stick to GF. Not rude, just curious--but I think they do think I am a little strange! We are also planning a "Chili" day in a few weeks and I quickly signed up to bring the White Chicken Chili so I can bring my healthy version! Wonder if they will figure out that it is low fat, low carb and low cal? My boss is also trying to lose weight so we are supporting each other.

Okay better go and spend time with my hubby. I have been listening to my favorite Disney music as I have been reading and responding so I leave you with one of my favorite quotes:

Just keep swimming!

Have a happy, healthy weekend! The choices are yours to make. Make them all great!
__________________
Need help with: PHOTOS, TICKERS, SIGNATURES, AVATARS, FINDING your Posts/Threads, Posting LINKS? Check out the FAQ and VIDEO TUTORIAL






SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #470
araes2102
Mouseketeer
 
araes2102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: the desert
Posts: 490

Okay let me just condense some of the QOTDs I remember into one post

Hi, I'm Amanda I'm 31, have 2 wonderful kids and 1 loving soon-to-be husband. I work for the state in child welfare so my job is pretty crazy and stressful but something I love! I have always struggled with my weight and seem to go up and down in extremes. I think that is one goal I have for this new year... to be happy with small accomplishments and celebrate steady success instead of focusing only on the end result... life is all about the journey right? My diet is mainly about counting calories and watching carbs. I was following Atkins pretty strictly for awhile last year, now I am just trying to keep carbs down by watching refined carb intake. For exercise, I try to do something, anything, active for a minimum of 20-30 mins daily. So whether that means a full blown work out at the Y or a 1 mile Leslie Sansone video in my living room... I am proud.

I do find weeksends harder! All that down time... at home in the company of the foods DF and the kids can eat... while cooking for everyone...

My best snacks to have on hand may be different than others due to low carbing, but I like hard boiled eggs, a stick of cheese, or sugar free jello, yum!

And I definitely log my food! Use MFP too and I will add those whose screen names were shared I find it keeps me accountable and I helps me abstain because I really hate seeing my numbers go red (over).

I don't really meal plan but I do keep foods on hand that I can use in a hurry on weeknights (frozen veggies, chicken breast, crescent rolls -while I dont eat them anymore, they really are amazing little things you can do a lot of different things to!- and always have romaine on hand for salads!). I also try to make something nicer and healthier on the weekends when there is more time so I am always looking for recipes. me -->

I also use the "go to bed" trck to avoid eating. Or sometimes I will make myself do some free weights or treadmill time because I always wait 20 mins after a workout to eat (I heard this makes your body use stored energy -i.e. fat- during recovery) and by then I find I may not be even be hungry anymore what with all that addrenalen!

And I thnk what is different for me this time is the same thing that was different 4 years ago when I lost 100 llbs (I unfortunately have gained most of this back)... I just feel ready to be different, to be happy with myself. And even if that means slow but steady weight loss, I will be healthier overall and that will make me feel great!

Okay, gotta run... my bed is calling! But hopefully I will have time to talk to everyone tomorrow
__________________
Amanda DF (Engaged in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle 7/10/12!) DS-13 DD-7



araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #471
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,656

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
I am here, at least for another 10 minutes anyway. I think DS12 and DS11 have pink eye so we are headed to the dr, again!!!

I'm so sick of that place. Although it is nice being there so often, they fast track us and we get a room ahead of other people. LOL

It's been a rough week all the way around. TOM showed up without any warning other than the cravings for salty and sweet food. I really need to get that under control!! I have eaten way to much this week, it's ridiculously stupid. Need to get working out again too. No excuse either, just pure laziness.

OK OK, enough beating myself up. I'm gonna hit the dreadmill as soon as I get home from the DR!!!
'
Oy vey! What a time you are having! Fingers crossed that everyone gets better now! Hope your weekend s full of healing, rest, and healthy eating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Popping in here to say HI!

Answer to QOTD...

I am trying to make sure I healthy snacks on hand. Right now I am eating Pistachios. Earlier, it was raisin's. Since we are doing low fat we need to keep up on the protein. DH is recovering from the surgery still and needs the calories + protein.

Last night I made a pork tenderloin which turned out great. Only 1 gram of sat fat per serving.
http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/ro...enderloin.html

Sides were Bush's Original Baked beans. 0% sat fat....So happy to find this out.
: It does have 550mg of sodium but we will take it since it has protein and fiber.
http://www.bushbeans.com/en_US/produ...upc=3940001606

Other side was steamed Yukon Gold Potatoes.

Not sure what tonight's meal is going to be yet.

16yodd is home sick. I got the nurse to fax in a doctor's note to the school. She has had a headache for 5 days straight now, nothing got rid of it. I took her to the ped on Wed. She got a sinus infection leftover from the flu last week.

We started the treadmill today. DH is doing 5 mins for a week and I did 15mins. We will increase dh to 10mins (if he is up for it) and I will go to 30mins next week.

The cardiologist's office said to do this at home so when he does start cardiac rehab then he will not be at "square one".
Good job in watching the fats. I find the pork tenderloin to be a great go-to meal....quick, easy, and lean! I can put it on the grill or in the oven. The only problem is that it is a bit pricey and we could really use 2 per meal.

Enjoy your TM time (or as BAMb calls it, the dread mill!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
Not thrilled with weight gain and the fact that i have not been eating much however my positive is that I have refrained from eating my way through my disappointment and frustration and continued to make wise choices
Good for you! That is a great positive! Hope you are feeling better every day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post
It is so unfair! It is wonderful when DH wants to join me and support me but sucks when he eats more than me and loses more, faster.

Contrats to her!

So cool! Love that phrase. Have a great time.

We have some great pictures of DD 12 when she was about 6 an in her first few meets. She would pull her head out of the water to breathe and then see us with the camera and give us a big smile! She came in last but was very photogenic!

I use these 2 very often. I have had days where I was afraid I would wear all the enamel off of my teeth from brushing them so often!! I have been using the bedtime a lot lately.

I will add-- get a drink. A big glass of water is the best but often I will get a coffee or tea, or the diet hot chocolate I talk about often. Usually having a hot drink to sip on, especially with some stevia will help the cravings.

Also I will sometimes just have a few pieces of Dove Dark Chocolate. Sometimes I have to at least indulge in something so that helps with portion control and isn't so bad. I take tiny bites so it lasts longer!

Congratulations! That is so exciting!

It sounds like you are doing great. Just maintaining with what you are going through is a huge accomplishment.
Sounds like you have some great things to help when the cravings hit.

Wsh my Dd could smile for the camera when she swims! I'm sick of scrapping blurry, faceless swim photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post
I am proud that I have stuck to my plan with my meals and while I have had a few "treats" I haven't gone overboard with them. And even with PMS this week I didn't lose myself in a bag of chips and chocolate! That is my proud and positive!

Have struggled with the big bag of chocolate at work. But I have tried to just allowed myself 2 pieces-- they are the little bite size ones. Most days is has worked. . .

Hope your dog is doing better.

That's what DIS friends are for! In fact I was once voted "holder of the bail money" for a DIS gals trip to the world.

Not a tracker. I have tried, I really have. It is just not something that I can do consistently. I hate it. I have never liked journal writing, keeping a diary or anything else. I have tried all different ways to track but never keep up with it past a few days. I did do WW back in the Spring and kept up with that for a few months and I think that was a record for me!

I will say that restarting this time I am wishing that I had tracked in the past because I would love to pull that out and just replicate what I was eating then. But because I pretty much follow South Beach and don't strictly count calories or fat or even carbs I haven't really seen the need to track. I pretty much know if I am eating something I "should" or "shouldn't" and if the scale doesn't say what I hope it will I know it is because of the pasta I ate 3 days that week or the bag of chips. I did try MFP and SparkPeople but because they are calorie dependent they don't really help me. I always end up over on most of the things they track and low on others even when I am following my plan exactly like I should. I also cook most everything from fresh and it is a pain to enter every recipe and determine the portions.

to your husband! It is so wonderful to have that support when you need it most. Glad the surgery went well. Hopefully the recovery will be quick.
You are such a great inspiration!

I think it is my resolve that is different. When I lost the first 50 pounds I was just THERE. Don't really know why but for the first time in my life I knew it was going to happen and I WAS going to do it. I was actually pretty surprised at how well I did. And even more surprised that I have maintained it for over a year. And now I feel like I am THERE again. I have the determination to put on my Nikes and Just Do It and get another 30 pounds off. Then I will see where I need to go from there.

Hmmm, low cal? Since I don't really count calories that is difficult.
1. Water
2. Cinnamon mixed with a packet of Stevia and sprinkled over apple slices
3. Have I ever mentioned how much I like Swiss Miss Diet hot chocolate? That is really one of my big go tos for a low cal snack

I usually try to plan ahead and look online at NI. Most chain restaurants have it on their websites. For the places I go most often I have it saved in my IPOD so that I can always do a quick check.

And don't ever be afraid to order things "plain"-- no butter on the steak, no oil on the grilled chicken. Dressing and sauce on the side. Sub substitute the veggies for the fries -- but be careful I have ordered the veggies only have them come swimming in butter. Ask questions and ask for things that will make your meal work for you. And despite what your Mom or Grandma may have told you the starving children of the world will not get any benefit from you cleaning your plate! Ask for a box WITH your meal and put half of it in the box for lunch tomorrow before you even start eating or just simply say no and let your plate be cleared off the table with food left on it. Then buy some cans of veggies and donate them to the local food pantry to get rid of the guilt of all those starving children!
Your restaurant suggestions are SPoT ON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post


I think I have gotten to all the QOTD that I missed and I was able to skim through the posts to see how everyone is doing.

We had a week at work. Everyone was just exhausted. It was just a week with one thing after another happening and not much down time. We had a suspected gas leak in the building on Wednesday and go to get some great fresh air time since we had to evacuate. It was a beautiful day and was nice to be out in the sunshine! I really had no idea that school secretary would be so exciting and exhausting! But I absolutely love my job and love each new challenge. Even if the challenge is to not tell a some of the people I deal with exactly what I am thinking. . .

I did have 2 people at work notice that I have lost some weight. I can really see it in my face-- it seems to always show my gains and loss quickly. I got a new shirt this week and it looks great on me-- really boosted my self confidence and I got a lot of compliments. Think they will notice at work if I wear it once or twice a week?

My IBS flare up seems to have finally calmed down. Haven't had any problems all week so hopefully it is behind me for a while.

I had to deal with a sticky situation today-- the office secretaries get food out every Friday. It is really not something that can be avoided, there are only 4 of us and it is a long standing tradition and socially as the new girl it is really not something I can say no to. But today I had to decline. They were getting their favorite hot dogs. There are no other options but hot dogs where they were ordering from and even if I am not "dieting" I don't really like hot dogs. They love these hot dogs but offered to order from somewhere else since I told them I had brought my lunch (I had) and wouldn't be ordering. I had to have a private talk with the "leader" of our group and told her to please not let my eating needs have anything to do with where they order from. If they are going somewhere I want something from I will order and if not I will always have my own food or get a school salad. I don't want them avoiding the places they like just because I have "special" needs. I actually really hate it when others make a big deal of what I am eating or not eating. They are curious though about some of the unique things I bring and why I try to stick to GF. Not rude, just curious--but I think they do think I am a little strange! We are also planning a "Chili" day in a few weeks and I quickly signed up to bring the White Chicken Chili so I can bring my healthy version! Wonder if they will figure out that it is low fat, low carb and low cal? My boss is also trying to lose weight so we are supporting each other.

Okay better go and spend time with my hubby. I have been listening to my favorite Disney music as I have been reading and responding so I leave you with one of my favorite quotes:

Just keep swimming!

Have a happy, healthy weekend! The choices are yours to make. Make them all great!
Good for you for sticking to your guns regarding ordering out. And I'm proud of you for speaking up to your group about your food choices. Let me assure you that you are inspiring someone some where with your resolve! Hope your weekend is great as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Okay let me just condense some of the QOTDs I remember into one post

Hi, I'm Amanda I'm 31, have 2 wonderful kids and 1 loving soon-to-be husband. I work for the state in child welfare so my job is pretty crazy and stressful but something I love! I have always struggled with my weight and seem to go up and down in extremes. I think that is one goal I have for this new year... to be happy with small accomplishments and celebrate steady success instead of focusing only on the end result... life is all about the journey right? My diet is mainly about counting calories and watching carbs. I was following Atkins pretty strictly for awhile last year, now I am just trying to keep carbs down by watching refined carb intake. For exercise, I try to do something, anything, active for a minimum of 20-30 mins daily. So whether that means a full blown work out at the Y or a 1 mile Leslie Sansone video in my living room... I am proud.

I do find weeksends harder! All that down time... at home in the company of the foods DF and the kids can eat... while cooking for everyone...

My best snacks to have on hand may be different than others due to low carbing, but I like hard boiled eggs, a stick of cheese, or sugar free jello, yum!

And I definitely log my food! Use MFP too and I will add those whose screen names were shared I find it keeps me accountable and I helps me abstain because I really hate seeing my numbers go red (over).

I don't really meal plan but I do keep foods on hand that I can use in a hurry on weeknights (frozen veggies, chicken breast, crescent rolls -while I dont eat them anymore, they really are amazing little things you can do a lot of different things to!- and always have romaine on hand for salads!). I also try to make something nicer and healthier on the weekends when there is more time so I am always looking for recipes. me -->

I also use the "go to bed" trck to avoid eating. Or sometimes I will make myself do some free weights or treadmill time because I always wait 20 mins after a workout to eat (I heard this makes your body use stored energy -i.e. fat- during recovery) and by then I find I may not be even be hungry anymore what with all that addrenalen!

And I thnk what is different for me this time is the same thing that was different 4 years ago when I lost 100 llbs (I unfortunately have gained most of this back)... I just feel ready to be different, to be happy with myself. And even if that means slow but steady weight loss, I will be healthier overall and that will make me feel great!

Okay, gotta run... my bed is calling! But hopefully I will have time to talk to everyone tomorrow
Thanks for taking the time to share some stuff about yourself and for catching up on the QOTD. Looking forward to talking with you more and hearing about your wedding plans!

************
Good morning friends and happy Saturday! The QoTd will be late today. I planned to post it now while I'm waiting for Dd here at the Y, but there seems to be something wrong with my IPad. There is a huge lag time happening when I ām using the keyboard . And it keeps popping up foreign letter! I'm ticked off and frustrated and will need to have DD take a look at it when I get home. Sorry about this. TTYL.........P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!

Last edited by pjlla; 01-12-2013 at 11:20 AM.
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #472
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Missouri
Posts: 44,781

Happy Saturday!!!

To comment on what you said pjlla about the pork tenderloin....

That was the first time I made it. Normally I just don't make pork because dd's don't want to eat it.

It is expensive although this time around it was 16 bucks for 2ish lbs which was a very good price imo. We ended up eating it as leftovers instead of making dinner last night.

I am going to research better cuts of meats to see if that makes a difference in sat fat.

DH wants STEAK....

As far as the dreadmill, I am going to change that plan. Doing 15mins on it right away was too much for my plantar fasciitis. I am going to do 10 mins until I think I should move up.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #473
Khiori
Earning My Ears
 
Khiori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lake Arrowhead, CA
Posts: 44

Has there been a QOTD yet? I looked several times and didn't see it. (EDITED TO ADD: Yeah, now I see it! lol - going to be late today ) Must be a busy one for everyone! I know the WDW Marathon is this weekend. How excited for all running!!! I hope to make it (and get C2C) in 2015.

My doggie is doing much better today, thanks for asking, lovetoscrap. Fern (dog) got pyometra and needed an emergency spay. She's starting to act naughty again so MUST be feeling better!

Weighed myself this morning. Up a pound from last week. I know it's due to poor eating. *hangs head* So I sat down this morning and wrote out a base menu for each day - I based it on the essentials from Weight Watchers (dairy, fruits/veggies, water, oil, etc) so I at least get the good stuff in.

This week I am going to start my 10K training. I have a race in March I would love to do but must get training in first. I'll be doing the Hal Higdon's program for this one. Should be fun. It has strength and stretching as part of the program. (the 5K program I just did was only focused on running)

I'll watch for the QOTD and add that later. Have a great day everyone!! <--- (my typical Saturdays lol)
__________________
Next trip: Sept 2013
Khiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #474
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,656

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Happy Saturday!!!

To comment on what you said pjlla about the pork tenderloin....

That was the first time I made it. Normally I just don't make pork because dd's don't want to eat it.

It is expensive although this time around it was 16 bucks for 2ish lbs which was a very good price imo. We ended up eating it as leftovers instead of making dinner last night.

I am going to research better cuts of meats to see if that makes a difference in sat fat.

DH wants STEAK....

As far as the dreadmill, I am going to change that plan. Doing 15mins on it right away was too much for my plantar fasciitis. I am going to do 10 mins until I think I should move up.
That pork price is even more than I pay...but sometimes you need to bite the bullet when trying to buy healthier foods.

Filet mignon is a leaner cut of steak,(but pricey again!) if you want to make something special.

Perhaps you could find something else to do for your remaining 5 minutes of planned exercise time. How about some yoga or upper body work, so as not to aggravate your feet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khiori View Post
Has there been a QOTD yet? I looked several times and didn't see it. (EDITED TO ADD: Yeah, now I see it! lol - going to be late today ) Must be a busy one for everyone! I know the WDW Marathon is this weekend. How excited for all running!!! I hope to make it (and get C2C) in 2015.

My doggie is doing much better today, thanks for asking, lovetoscrap. Fern (dog) got pyometra and needed an emergency spay. She's starting to act naughty again so MUST be feeling better!

Weighed myself this morning. Up a pound from last week. I know it's due to poor eating. *hangs head* So I sat down this morning and wrote out a base menu for each day - I based it on the essentials from Weight Watchers (dairy, fruits/veggies, water, oil, etc) so I at least get the good stuff in.

This week I am going to start my 10K training. I have a race in March I would love to do but must get training in first. I'll be doing the Hal Higdon's program for this one. Should be fun. It has strength and stretching as part of the program. (the 5K program I just did was only focused on running)

I'll watch for the QOTD and add that later. Have a great day everyone!! <--- (my typical Saturdays lol)
Good for you for working up a plan for next week! It is always great to go back to week one basics to help get back on track.

Glad your furry friend is feeling better!

Nice long term goal, to get coast-to-coast medals in 2015!

****************

DD got my IPad working better! Yeah!

I completed a great run/walk this morning (4mi), dishes and laundry are clicking along, and dinner is started, so i'm giving myself some relaxing time at the scrapbook table today! (That is, after the laundry is folded and put away ) Next up, QOTD! ..........P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #475
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran
 
Flossbolna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 6,562

Hi erveryone! I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. Here in Europe the Saturday is nearly over already.

But it was a very successful day for me. First I got a shock when I stepped on the scale - but a positive one. If the scale is to be believed I have already reached my 5 pound goal for this month. Don't ask me how and why. I am not reporting this weight yet even though for myself I had decided that the Saturday weight would be the one that I am reporting. I will see if the scale still confirms this tomorrow. I can only think that the weight I gained over Christmas must have been a lot of water that I retained from not eating healthy and not so much fat. So after a first week where I did not lose anything now the water just decided to come off within one week. Anyway - whatever the scale says tomorrow, I already feel that my jeans do fit much better again and that's the important thing!

I then also ventured out to buy new running shoes. My old ones have been bugging me for quite some time. When I bought them I did not run nearly as much and as long distances as I do now (still not in the half marathon league, more the 10k one). And I got very cushioned ones. I think I have now progressed beyond those and wanted less of that cushion feeling. But new running shoes are expensive and I thought as long as I can run in them I ought to use them. But on my last run I felt sooo uncomfortable in the shoes, so I spontaneously decided to get new ones. I have this excellent specialised shop here and after trying on and trying out (they let you run around the block to try them out) I ended up with these beautiful shoes:





Yes, they are going to blind everyone who sees me running in them!!!

Actually I think they are kind of cool and they motivated me to manage to fit a run into a rather busy day today. And I feel great for that! They are Asics GT-2000, I had Asics before, seems to be a company that makes their shoes in the right shape for my foot.
__________________
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #476
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more
WISHing my way to success!
I'm lost again - What's new
DIS WAAAP -The smack on the head when you've been DIS'ing too long
 
MelanieC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 11,984

peeking my head in, hey everyone!!!
__________________
Melanie-
9/6/94-9/9/94 3nts Disneyland Hotel, 9/2/95-9/10/95 Offsite, 11/27/96-12/7/96 SOG, 11/25/99-12/5/99 ASMovies, 9/16/00-9/23/00 ASMovies, 11/24/01-12/09/01- 15 nts ASMovies, 11/23/02-11/08/02 - 15 nts ASMovies, 11/14/03-11/22/03 8 nts CR, 11/20/04-12/05/04-15 nts ASMovies, 7/16/05-7/31/05- 15 nts POP, 7/28/06-8/13/06- 16 nts POP 7/13/07-7/29/07-16 nts POP, 3/20/09 - 3/24/09 4 nts ASsports, 8/7/09 - 8/25/09-18 nts POP, 7/16/10 - 8/1/10-16 nts POP, 7/15/11-7/30/11 -15 nights POP, 8/8/14-8/23/14 -14 nts POP
MelanieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #477
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,656

QOTD for Saturday, January 12, 2013:

What do you consider your greatest personal accomplishment (other than your children)? Can be work, school, life-related, etc.


Bonus QOTD: What is your top #1 favorite family Disney memory? You know, that special moment that brought tears to your eyes!

.....................P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #478
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran
 
goofyfigment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,154

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla
QOTD for Saturday, January 12, 2013:

What do you consider your greatest personal accomplishment (other than your children)? Can be work, school, life-related, etc.

Bonus QOTD: What is your top #1 favorite family Disney memory? You know, that special moment that brought tears to your eyes!

.....................P
My greatest accomplishment was losing 90 pounds in 2010 and ending an abusive relationship.

My favorite memory i have 2. The first was in 1987 my second trip and i was 10 years old. I believe they were celebrating the 15th anniversary still. When we came thru the turnstile we were a winner. My mom was having trouble with her eyes that trip and was wearing like 6 pairs of sunglasses well the CM must have thought she was blind because he started to yell directions to her as to where to go to claim our prize. Ill never forget that.

Second memory was in 1998 when i took my daughter for her very first trip! Just her reactions were incredible.
__________________
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #479
Khiori
Earning My Ears
 
Khiori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lake Arrowhead, CA
Posts: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
QOTD for Saturday, January 12, 2013:
What do you consider your greatest personal accomplishment (other than your children)? Can be work, school, life-related, etc.
Greatest personal accomplishment: Quit smoking!! I started very young (12ish!) and was finally able to stop when I was 33. That was just over 10 years ago. Never mind that was when I gained all my weight... LOL
__________________
Next trip: Sept 2013
Khiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #480
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hi erveryone! I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. Here in Europe the Saturday is nearly over already.

But it was a very successful day for me. First I got a shock when I stepped on the scale - but a positive one. If the scale is to be believed I have already reached my 5 pound goal for this month. Don't ask me how and why. I am not reporting this weight yet even though for myself I had decided that the Saturday weight would be the one that I am reporting. I will see if the scale still confirms this tomorrow. I can only think that the weight I gained over Christmas must have been a lot of water that I retained from not eating healthy and not so much fat. So after a first week where I did not lose anything now the water just decided to come off within one week. Anyway - whatever the scale says tomorrow, I already feel that my jeans do fit much better again and that's the important thing!

I then also ventured out to buy new running shoes. My old ones have been bugging me for quite some time. When I bought them I did not run nearly as much and as long distances as I do now (still not in the half marathon league, more the 10k one). And I got very cushioned ones. I think I have now progressed beyond those and wanted less of that cushion feeling. But new running shoes are expensive and I thought as long as I can run in them I ought to use them. But on my last run I felt sooo uncomfortable in the shoes, so I spontaneously decided to get new ones. I have this excellent specialised shop here and after trying on and trying out (they let you run around the block to try them out) I ended up with these beautiful shoes:





Yes, they are going to blind everyone who sees me running in them!!!

Actually I think they are kind of cool and they motivated me to manage to fit a run into a rather busy day today. And I feel great for that! They are Asics GT-2000, I had Asics before, seems to be a company that makes their shoes in the right shape for my foot.

I love those shoes! Aasics are my running shoe of choice as well.

Nice job on the weight loss! I had a good week as well. I find that often the week after a "food vacation" I can have a good loss. I think that your metabolism get burning with all of the extra foods and it stays burning hot when you get back to lower calorie eating, at least for a little while. Plus your right...lots of water weight from extra sodium and I find that my gut is retaining a lot until I get back to my higher fiber diet (sorry if that is TMI).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieC View Post
peeking my head in, hey everyone!!!
Hey! Come back to chat!

*********************

Time to move laundry along and make lunch so that I can get to my scrap table later! I'll BBL to answer the QOTD ..........P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Š 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: