Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #391
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much to Pamela for taking over a day early for me! You all deserve to have a coach with her head in the game, and I am a little distracted!

I love reading everyone's positives for the day and I hope you will keep doing that for the month of January.

I am excited, nervous, terrified, etc. If you can think of an emotion I have probably been through it this week. I keep thinking--26 miles is a really, really, long way.

I hope everyone has a great week. I will be back sometime mid week next week. My pm box is pretty empty so there should be no problems with sending in weight updates this week.

Have a super week! Good luck to everyone who is running this weekend!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #392
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca
My positive for the day:
I haven't killed my husband yet. But the night is young, I might need some DIS bail money.

Back, to cleaning my disaster area I like to call a bedroom. Carry on!
I laughed out loud when I read this!
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #393
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike
Thank you so much to Pamela for taking over a day early for me! You all deserve to have a coach with her head in the game, and I am a little distracted!

I love reading everyone's positives for the day and I hope you will keep doing that for the month of January.

I am excited, nervous, terrified, etc. If you can think of an emotion I have probably been through it this week. I keep thinking--26 miles is a really, really, long way.

I hope everyone has a great week. I will be back sometime mid week next week. My pm box is pretty empty so there should be no problems with sending in weight updates this week.

Have a super week! Good luck to everyone who is running this weekend!
Rose you have been a great inspiration to me! 26 miles is a long way and I'm sure you can do it! I think I read somewhere that the last 6 miles are the easiest lol Have fun if you can, you are in Disney after all.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #394
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

Oh yea, one more thing, this cracked me up:

Old 01-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #395
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good luck to anyone running this weekend.

One of my students told me he is going to DW this weekend because his mom is running in thehalf. He told me about a year and a half ago she had a heart transplant. I told him he better cheer pretty hard for her.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #396
Mary•Poppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
QOTD Tuesday, January 8, 2013
One week down! What are you most proud of? What have you struggled with?

And...say something positive.
I am proud of the fact I am back on track again ... with food and exercise. I am struggling with seeing movement on the scale .... I was down 3 pounds and the next day I am up 3 pounds. UGH!

Positive: I had a VHS made into a DVD and watched it of my older boys. It was wonderful to watch. It is so funny to see their same personalities shine when they are 2/3 ..... and now 17/19!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
How was the Jazzercise? That was something I did a loooong time ago, but really enjoyed it and would love to do it again. But I haven't seen it offered around here.
P
Hey Pam ..... I REALLY enjoyed it. It has been years since I took a class ... and it all comes back. I struggled to switch from song to song since they were all new to me. But the basic moves were all there. I actually found that since I have been running, the cardio. wasn't that hard. Now the strength part was a bit challenging. I am actually thinking of going to the 2 classes a week that work on body shaping and then running the other days.

Good Luck to all our Runners this weekend!

Rose is leaving tomorrow .... and Lisa is running too. I think there is one more person running. I can't wait to hear how it goes. You are my inspiration for one day running the Disney Marathon myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinaweena View Post

I just revived good news while writing this. My research paper I wrote last semester is being nominated for a undergraduate library research award! I'm pretty excited!
That is AWESOME Trina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl36 View Post
Hi Everybody! I was wondering if someone could help me out. I think I saw that someone posted a Groupon for Jazzercise. I don't really understand Groupon, I know, I know, I am in IT, but the site doesn't seem very user friendly to me. Would someone tell me if it's still available?

Thank you!
Hi! I bought the Groupon. I checked the site for you and they are no longer offering it. I bought it at the beginning of December and I had until February to start using it. (It is good until July.) It was a really good deal ... 30 classes for 89.00. I am sorry they are not longer offering it.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #397
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Good luck to all our runners this weekend!!! Wishing you all wonderful races!!!

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #398
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

Hi everyone!

Bananas here, getting ready to go to WDW for marathon weekend! Aaaahhhh! My first ever half, and the butterflies are in full force, but I don't think I can be any more ready than I am. I can't wait!

QOTD: I'm most proud of today's WW weigh-in - my January lifetime weigh-in was within range! December was rough, and I was out of the WW maintenance range and had to pay. That was motivating. This week, I struggled with last-minute meal plan changes that threw me off a bit. Mostly one big Thai food indulgence...and McDonald's tonight. I think it's evening out, but I'd rather stick to my plan!

Positive: I had a somewhat unexpected job interview today for a position at my current employer that went *extremely* well. But I looked at the big picture and decided it would take too much away from my work-life balance, especially time with the girls, and I opted out when it was clear what the job required and that I was going to be a top candidate. Regardless, though, this was very affirming and a huge boost to my job confidence! My jobs have shifted with this employer over the past 11 years, but in a way that hasn't required interviews...this was my first job interview in almost 12 years!

Okay, back to the piles of laundry, packing, double- and triple-checking my stuff as we get ready to leave crazy early Thursday morning. My DMIL arrives tomorrow to stay with the girls...time to run! Let's rock this thing, runners!

XOXO
Liz

Adventures by Disney ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ 2010 * Animal Kingdom Villas ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * Contemporary/Bay Lake Tower ~ 2011 * Beach Club ~ 2010 * Boardwalk Inn ~ 2010, 2012 * Boardwalk Villas ~ 2011 * Disney Cruise Line ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * Disneyland Offsite ~ 2013 * Grand Californian ~ 2011, 2014 * Grand Floridian ~ 2011 * Polynesian ~ 2009, 2010 * Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * Wilderness Lodge ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:47 AM   #399
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Good luck to all the runners!! I hope you all have a fantastic time!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2010 TR 2010 PTR 2011 TR Dining Reviews:2009 2008 2007
From the Sea to the World - Spring 2013 Trip Report - DCL and WDW
Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:55 AM   #400
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Thanks for all the cheers and good WISHes! Liz and Rose see you both soon!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:03 AM   #401
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Happy Wednesday! Rose has asked me to step up a day early as coach, so here I am!

QOTD for Wednesday, January 9, 2013:

Do you track your food? Why/why not? If you do, what is your method? Paper and pen, MFP, digital? If you don't, do you think you should? If you do, do you foresee doing it long term or just for a little while?

BB in a bit! ..............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:26 AM   #402
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla
Happy Wednesday! Rose has asked me to step up a day early as coach, so here I am!

Do you track your food? Why/why not? If you do, what is your method? Paper and pen, MFP, digital? If you don't, do you think you should? If you do, do you foresee doing it long term or just for a little while?

I dont, maybe i should? !
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:06 AM   #403
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Good morning losers!

Had a few min before work so figured I'd pop in and try to get more involved. I do track my food, and have for the past week. Last year, I'd start tracking again, and didn't stick with it for more than a day or two. I know it is a key element for me to lose the weight, and I plan to do it long term. I'm going to ww meetings and my meeting is tonight. I'm excited for it. I am using the paper trackers I get at the meetings, though I do the monthly pass and have access to etooles, but am not on the computer much during the day, so it's easier for me to write it.

I had a good week, and my worst day, I ate 3 of the raspberry chocolate ww bars, but wrote each one down as I did it, and that was that. I had the points. I know if I'm not writing things down, I eat way more. And it's not like anyone but me sees what I"m writing, but I guess I don't want to see proof that I've eaten a big bag of chips, or 3 bowls of ice cream.

It feels good to feel in control again, and I am feeling pumped to lose this weight once and for all. I"ll be 49 next month, so I'm going to end my fat forties, and enter the fit fifties next year.

Thank you for coaching last week, Rose. Have a magical trip!!

Thank you Pamela for coaching this week.

Have a great day everyone!!

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:07 AM   #404
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

Best of luck to all the runners this weekend! I'll be with you in spirit! Can't wait to read all your stories!!!

Quote:

I've been pretty diligent since November with counting everything that goes in my mouth. I use MFP because it is so easy to use and plus I just love that I can barcode scan stuff in. I definitely can see me keeping it up. I usually know in advance what I"m going to eat throughout the day and I key it all in at one time. That also keeps me honest and I tend to stay away from mindless snacking since I have not entered it in MFP!

If anyone wants to add me as a friend there, I'm geauxgirl42

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:16 AM   #405
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla

I use MFP, it's so easy to use! I just wish it was more generous with the calories I tend to go over most days. I'm still trying to figure out how to eat only 1200 calories a day and NOT be starving!

Good luck to all the runners this weekend !!!!
~melinda

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: