Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 12:14 AM   #316
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missypyxi View Post
This struck a chord with me! I lost my father in 2009 to cancer and I wish so much that I could pick up the phone and call him. Call him. Tell him you love him and you want a relationship with him despite your differences in beliefs. He's your father, you're his daughter. Call him and tell him you love him and you miss him. You never know when he won't be there to call anymore.
Thanks for all your responses--my husband actually called him and handed me the phone when I wasn't expecting it and we talked for awhile. Made me feel a lot better knowing he's healthy and keeping busy. I found out I have a new uncle lol...he found my Dad on facebook because our last name is so unusual and contacted him. Apparently my grampa got around in his younger days....I'm going to call my half brother too soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
QOTD, Satuday, January 5, 2013

Do you think it will be easier or harder to stay on plan on the weekends? Why?

And...Say something positive about yourself.
My days off I think are worse simply because I burn a lot of calories at work. I eat earlier though and better so it kind of evens out.
Positive:
I cleaned the stupid fridge tonight. We need a new one-- this one leaks inside and.....the horror.......

{P.S., the kittens in my sig are the ones I bottlefed in the spring, Triumph was the only survivor of his litter, (orange and white) he was orphaned and we got him the day he was born--Mom was killed by dogs--and his little sister (Shasta) there was from another litter the mom died when she was 2 weeks old, I felt he needed a friend so I took her and found a Mom willing to nurse the rest. Their both happy and healthy big kittens now.}

Last edited by 50sjayne; 01-06-2013 at 12:21 AM.
50sjayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #317
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

QOTD Sunday, January 6, 2013

Do you meal plan?

And--say something positive.

I am off to update the spreadsheet and run my mile.

qotd Saturday--I think weekends are much harder. We run our long runs usually which means I am hungrier. And I just don't stay on a schedule. I do much better on a schedule.

positive for Saturday--I relaxed and enjoyed a family game of scrabble even though I felt the pull to do other things. And it was a good choice.
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #318
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Just a reminder: It is easiest for me if you give me your CURRENT WEIGHT to plug into the website. Thanks!

I just added a whole bunch of weigh ins to the spreadsheet and I'm looking forward to updating the first page tomorrow! Keep those weigh ins coming.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #319
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2aJessieGirl View Post
EEEEK!

My husband just agreed to let me take my DD7 down for a quick trip...in THREE WEEKS!

Any tips on eating Gluten Free/Lower Carb while at WDW?
Send a PM to Rose. She is a GF vegetarían and visits WDW often. But be patient for a reply as she is leaving soon on a trip herself.

I know she has said in the past that there are some great GF choices at Disney if you are careful. I know in their sit-down restaurants that you can speak to the chef or call ahead and they are VERY accommodating for people with any food issues.

Have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
Good evening and happy weekend to you all!!

Looking like a fantastic group here ready to rock and roll, or live, laugh and lose!! It's nice to see so many old and new friends here.

I'm going to pop in and start with todays qotd. Weekends with no plans are easier for me to stay on track, but if there are functions, that's when they get difficult. Work can be tough with junk people bring in to share, and I have found I need to avoid it altogether, or I go overboard.

Positive-I avoided carrot cake, chocolate cream pie, and pumpkin ice cream pie at work on friday. Ate my Oikos keylime greek yogurt and fruit after lunch, and didn't look back.

I went back to ww on wed nights, and have tracked every bite since then. It definitely makes a big difference when I track. Made some chocolate pudding for the weekend treat, and made a big pan of roasted vegies the other night, which are so good.

Roasted brussel sprouts are my favorite vegie.

I'm reading back, and enjoying getting to know everyone. My work hours changed last summer, and I go in an hour earlier, so I lost my morning dis-time after ds gets on the bus. I don't seem to find the computer time in the evenings that I'd like to. Idk, may have to break down and get one of those fancy phones, but I"m too cheap right now. lol.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!
I'm too cheap for a fancy phone as well.

So happy to hear you went back to WW. Did you enjoy the meeting? What did you learn about the new 360 program?

Nice job avoiding all those goodies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1102 View Post
For me the weekends are easier to stay on plan because I am able to control what I put in my mouth. At work it is harder because someone is always bringing in treats and food to share. I can go sit in the backyard and read to get out of the kitchen or ride the stationary bike while watching tv instead of snacking.

Something positive is that we got taco bell for lunch today and I got the cantina bowl, which I thought was a really good choice, it turned out to be 14WW points! However I tracked the points and tried best to stay on plan the rest of the day. Normally I would have given up the rest of the day and ate everything in sight.
I also learned the "find the points BEFORE you eat it" lesson the hard way with a Wendy's treat a few years ago! Good for you for not letting it ruin your day!

Quote:

Do you meal plan?

I am off to update the spreadsheet and run my mile.

qotd Saturday--I think weekends are much harder. We run our long runs usually which means I am hungrier. And I just don't stay on a schedule. I do much better on a schedule.

positive for Saturday--I relaxed and enjoyed a family game of scrabble even though I felt the pull to do other things. And it was a good choice.
Did you win the Scrabble game?

QOTD: yes, I meal plan. I used to do it for a few months at a time, but now I do just a week at a time. That being said, our schedule is so crazy that sometimes the plan falls apart. I don't always know if DH will be home very far in advance (he works at home but does travel around NE for work). And since my work schedule is highly changeable, some days I don't have enough home time to actually make what I planned. I do utilize my crockpots a LOT!

Today's positive? .... Well, DD wasn't too mad at me when I said I had too much of a headache to go to church she really likes going to church and she is so good about making sure we all go...but my head was pounding when I got up at 7:15.

So much to be done and here I sit with my coffee and headache. Oh well. At least it is a sunny day. TTYL..........P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #320
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyse43230 View Post

Anyone like me and need a reeeaaaalllly big mason jar?

Positive: I saw Les Mis today and cried my eyes out! It was so moving and the performances were out of this world. I was like WOAH! Anne Hathaway... freakin amazing! If you at all like musicals, go see this! But be aware that Les Mis is almost an opera and most of the play is sung. Like 99% of the play sung!
Haha, I thought the same thing when I saw the jar. Thought "hmm, what a great idea... wait a minute, my marbles won't fit in one jar!"

Glad to hear you liked Les Mis. I've been hearing great things about it. Can't wait to go see it but it'll be another week or two because I'm waiting for it to play at Movies for Mommies that my local movie theatre does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post
I know these days are frustrating ... but enjoy them. They are little for such a short period of time. My oldest climbed out of his crib at 15 months. We had to put him in a toddler bed so he wouldn't get hurt .... and bedtimes were a nightmare. He would just walk right out of his door when we put him down to sleep. I do miss those days.

And I am very proud of you for exercising ... even when you didn't feel like it.
Thanks for the encouragement. I am trying to enjoy every single moment, especially since we had our last baby and now I know I'll never get these moments again. But after a couple of hours of repeating "no, stay in your bed" it gets a little tiresome I am lucky though, she is doing very well with the transition. My only problem is that her older sister and she are in bunk beds, and she wakes up in the middle of the night and climbs to the the top bunk and starts playing with her sister! Bad for 2 reasons. I don't want her climbing the bunk beds, and I don't want my older DD being woken up! So today I fashioned a sort of ladder cover for the bottom rungs and we'll see how that goes. Hopefully she won't be able to climb anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1102 View Post
Thank you so much for telling us about this. I tivoed it and my DH and I watched it this morning. Very interesting.
I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. I always love watching anything to do with weight loss. Can't wait for Biggest Loser to start tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
Positive-I avoided carrot cake, chocolate cream pie, and pumpkin ice cream pie at work on friday. Ate my Oikos keylime greek yogurt and fruit after lunch, and didn't look back.
Wow good job avoiding all that! I'm afraid to go back to work (though I have 8 months to go) because of all the junk that gets brought in. It really is hard to resist in the afternoon!

Quote:

Do you meal plan?

That's great that you were able to relax and play Scrabble. I also have to force myself sometimes to let other things go and just relax with the family.

I don't do meal plans. I have a few meals that I rotate through for breakfast and lunch depending on what I'm feeling like that day. For supper, we usually only plan 1-2 days in advance. I would love to be organized enough to meal plan for a week or a month but I'm just not that good!

Positive for the day: I am really good at cross stitching
October 2011: ASMo with DD4 and DD7months
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #321
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Do you meal plan?

I am meal planning now, since jan 1, but over the past year, where my weight went back up almost 15 pounds from last january, I was obviously not meal planning.
My plan for now is to grocery shop on sunday mornings, make a list and stick to it.
I just got back this morning, and my positive is I did not buy any junk, and it felt good. I thought of you Pamela, and thought you would be proud. I did pick up some ww choc/raspberry bars for a treat, and some frozen greek yogurt bars, both 2 points.

Quote:
Definitely a good choice. Those family game times don't happen enough. It's so nice to enjoy them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
So happy to hear you went back to WW. Did you enjoy the meeting? What did you learn about the new 360 program?

So much to be done and here I sit with my coffee and headache. Oh well. At least it is a sunny day. TTYL..........P
Hope the coffee helps the headache this morning.
I did enjoy the ww meeting. the points are the points plus, which has changed a bit since the last time I went. The main changes, processed foods are more points, and all fruits are free. When I tried a few years ago I didn't have the points counter, but now I have it online, so I can figure everything out honestly.

The 360 plan sounds good, talking about tracking, spaces and routines. Tracking food is key, which I know and am proof of. Spaces, setting up your space for success, the kitchen for example, the fruit out in the open, kids treats hidden away, and routines, making healthy habits.

The leader asked us if any of us had just eaten a full meal, and then went for dessert, even though we were full. Of course, we all have, but they are calling that Hedonic Hunger, eating for pleasure, and realizing it needs to be a part of our lives, and we need to learn to fit it in, and keep it under control.

When I've succeed in the past, I've been faithful about tracking and going to meetings, so that's my plan.

Have a happy, healthy sunday everyone!!

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #322
fitgirl36
DIS Veteran

QOTD: I do meal plan, well most of the time and if I don't we usually go out which is not good news for me because I always blow it at restaurants. There's one exception: max and erma's I usually stick to my calories there.

One positive: I only had one serving of chex mix instead of the whole bag.
fitgirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #323
ColoradoLime
Pure Disney Lover

Do I meal Plan? Yes (working on this week's right now). Do I always sick to it? No.

This is my area of opportunity. And honestly, not sticking to it is 99% of the time, my fault. My kids rarely ask to eat out, my DH suggests something every once in a while, but mostly it's at my doing. I guess because I'm the one in charge of cooking and sometimes I just don't want to do it.

My positive for today: DD is going to hang with my mom today so DS and I are going to have a mommy/son day! I'm planning lunch, the park, and some on plan shopping!

WDW: 2009 (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Disneyland CA: 2013 (HoJo Anaheim)

Join the best darn May/June 2013 DLR Trip Planning Thread! Click HERE

ColoradoLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #324
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
QOTD, Satuday, January 5, 2013

Do you think it will be easier or harder to stay on plan on the weekends? Why?

And...Say something positive about yourself.
Harder to stay on plan during the weekend because we are usually running around or at a meet for DS16. It's hard to plan on the fly but I do the best I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackeysmom View Post

- Laura
Love!!! I've seen it before but man, I need a lot of stones. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyse43230 View Post
Anyone like me and need a reeeaaaalllly big mason jar?
I have a giant vase I'm going to use. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Thanks for all your responses--my husband actually called him and handed me the phone when I wasn't expecting it and we talked for awhile. Made me feel a lot better knowing he's healthy and keeping busy. I found out I have a new uncle lol...he found my Dad on facebook because our last name is so unusual and contacted him. Apparently my grampa got around in his younger days....I'm going to call my half brother too soon.
I am sooooo glad you called!!! Even if he hadn't talked to you, you know that you tried to reach out. That's all you can really do. I'm glad he talked to though!!

Quote:

Do you meal plan?

I try to meal plan. Some times I'm good at it, sometimes not so much.

Positive -I slept really well last night. And as unfocused as I have been today, I had an OP breakfast!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #325
camnhan
DIS Veteran

Depends on the weekend. If I am out and about I do really good. If I am just sitting around my house I do terrible

Positive: my kids washed, dried AND put all the dishes away for me
camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #326
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

So, I'm up a pound today. Even though you wil see on MFP I went down a pound. I never changed my weight when I got the flu.

I'm ok with the pound though, I knew my number would be off because of being able to eat again.

Today I will attempt a small workout on the treadmill. Still having breakthrough coughing so I'm not going to push myself.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #327
Khiori
Earning My Ears

QOTD: Do you meal plan?

Sort of. I always have a general idea how the day is going to go. If we'll be busy in the morning (hiking or running) then breakfast is more substantial than slow mornings. From there I'll plan out the rest of the day. My downfall is after dinner snacking. Erg.

Something positive: Hmmm, I just got up so nothing really positive has happened yet. But yesterday I sat down and planned out my next training cycle for running a 10 K (just finished the 5K training) to end on a race day I hope to participate in. It felt great to lay everything out and put it to a commitment.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #328
camnhan
DIS Veteran

Ok for today...

We go threw spurts of meal planning. We need to do better and are working on better budgeting so meal planning is a big part of that.
Positive: after a kinda bad day yesterday... I am back on track
And I have found that I really like Yoplaits Greek yogurt!,, kinda expensive but I think worth it.
camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #329
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2aJessieGirl View Post
EEEEK!

My husband just agreed to let me take my DD7 down for a quick trip...in THREE WEEKS!

Any tips on eating Gluten Free/Lower Carb while at WDW?
Yay!! Disney has so many healthy options now and is so accommodating that it is much easier to eat healthy and even GF. I would do a search on the Restaurants board for more info on the GF . I also like the information on allearsnet.com. Here is their GF info: http://allears.net/din/guestceliac.htm and for Low Carb http://allears.net/din/low-carb-dining.htm

I think the most important thing is to try to have a plan. It is when we haven't had a snack and are starving, or find ourselves at a restaurant we know nothing about that we end up making impulse or bad choices that we later regret. If you can bring some snacks with you that will also help.

Quote:

Do you meal plan?

I do meal plan. As others have said it often get messed up but if there is a plan it is much easier to get right back on track. I have stopped planning for "this meal on this day". I realized several years ago that that just leads to a failure that sends everything into a tailspin. So now I make a plan of meals, in a specific order for about a month or more at a time. We buy our meat at Costco so we get all the meat we will need ( and a little extra) and package and freeze it in the right portions.

Then I narrow down about 7-10 days of the meals and we buy the majority of the fresh ingredients for those meals at the grocery store. I may not do the 7 meals in that order, but I have the stuff to make any of them. For instance last night was supposed to be a Chicken Stew and homemade bread. My yeast ended up being bad so realized too late that I wouldn't be able to make it for dinner that night. So I looked at the other Chicken dishes on the list and switched to Chicken Fajitas which I also had the fresh ingredients for. I will make the stew tonight. Shepherd's Pie was supposed to be for tomorrow night but realized I have a meeting and won't be able to cook so I switched for something DH cooks. And Tuesday he won't be home until late so it works out for me to cook the Shepherd's Pie then. We usually need a midweek grocery run to restock on veggies and bread.

We also have a list of "emergency" meals that I don't include in the regular meal planning. Things like tacos, hamburgers, spaghetti, a few soups, turkey sausage and ham steaks. These are things I usually always have the ingredients on had for so on a night that we forgot to thaw the meat, or are too tired to cook an involved meal or whatever we can just pick one of those.

Pinterest has REALLY helped with my meal planning. I now even have a board to Pin the recipes that I have on my meal plan for the month to make them easier to find when I need them. And I have so many new things we have tried and really liked.

Positive: Down 2 pounds! I am still feeling really motivated to stick to this and get at least 30 pounds off this year.

My difficult time so far has been in the evening. I tend to feel hungry then, but I keep telling myself something I learned here: Hunger is NOT an emergency! I also tell myself that the "pain" I am feeling is from my body burning the fat off so those pains are what is making the pounds go away. Just a psychological thing that makes it easier to ignore them. If it gets too bad I will have a cup of sugar free hot chocolate made with skim milk. Get in some healthy dairy and it usually is enough to feel better. Amazingly every night that I go to bed thinking I am "starving" I wake up feeling fine the next morning. Must not have been too hungry!

Off to make the bread that was supposed to be for dinner last night!

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #330
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

SNACK BREAK!!!

Most. Amazing. Snack.

Do you eat Mozzarella Cheese sticks? You know, the Part Skim ones that you pull into the strings and eat like you are a 6 year old again?

Try this:

Get a NON-Stick pan (has to be non stick!). Put it on low heat and put the cheese stick in. Slowly let it melt. I use a knife to help it spread out a bit. Cook on low until the cheese is completely melted and the edges are brown. Getting it out of the pan is a little tricky but using a spatula or pancake flipper you should be able to ease it out on to a plate. Eat immediately!

I am not sure if I like the browned edges or the plain melty part best! You can adjust the temperature and cooking time depending on how brown you want it. Sprinkle on a little Garlic powder while it is cooking for added flavor. Someone said that if you don't mess with it while it cooks and let it stay in more of a melted lump with the brown bit on the bottom and sprinkle on the garlic powder it tastes just like garlic bread.

The biggest problem with it is only eating one! You can also use other cheeses but this is so quick and easy. I also found instructions for melting in the microwave but haven't tried that yet.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: