facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #301
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike
QOTD, Satuday, January 5, 2013

Do you think it will be easier or harder to stay on plan on the weekends? Why?

And...Say something positive about yourself.
Weekends are the hardest for me! Stuck in the house with all that forbidden food- yum! During the week, much easier, trapped in my cubicle, with no heat, water, sun light or food. Well maybe not that bad, but it seems like it some days.

One positive.... I did yoga this morning.... and I'm really starting to like it.
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #302
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
I agree that you should call. Dh and I still have both sets of parents. We know we are lucky. His parents are both in their late 80's. My father is in his late 80's and my mother just turned 80.

Everyone who knows me that for Thanksgiving I cook at turkey dinner and bring it down to mil's house since she can't travel any more. A week before Thanksgiving we got an email from dh's sister. She only lives about an hour from mil's. She told us that she couldn't make it to THanksgiving because she had to take mil to the dr the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and she didn 't think she could make the trip 2 days later. My dh read her email and told me he almost cried. AS much as it is getting to be a pain to cook and pack and serve (not to mention the cost since no one else cooks in dh's family) I still do it for my dh and his parents.
I'm sure that no matter what is said out loud, everyone appreciates all that you do to provide a holiday meal. It is sad that people can't always make it. Hopefully it will work out better next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Ack, ran out of time.

Will be back this evening!

Have a great day everyone!!
Hope your day was great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post

Weekends are generally harder...especially busy weekends with swim meets and robotics stuff. Being home isn't especially difficult because I don't really keep "junk" in the house (other than the occasional tub of slow-churned or low carb ice cream). But being out is harder, since I generally have to pack my foods for the day to stay OP and on budget. If I don't pack enough or if we end up going out with othe families after an event, then I have to be careful about eating out. Plus weekends bring movies, parties, etc.

Today's positive....I had one Lindt truffle for a treat (which I counted and tracked) and managed to have JUST one, even though there are more in the drawer. (Got them for Christmas and trying to make them last )

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbo_buddy View Post
oh and my positive for the day?

i did a 10k in central park today and it was FREEZING but i made sure i smiled through the whole thing (except for the crazy hills)
Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khiori View Post
I'm here! Yes, I'm new! I've sent my info on - having a good week. I will go back and read this thread today. Looks like a great group of people here!

QOTD: I don't have an issue eating any worse on weekends. It's all the same to me. We are self-employed with a home office so one day is like the others.

Positive: I ran 30 minutes today!! I have been doing something called 5K101. I finally finished the program today. 8 weeks, three times a week. I'm planning to run the Dumbo Double Dare in the fall so today's run was a big one for me. Time to move on to the 10K program! woo hoo!
Welcome! And great job on completing the 5K training!

Hope you all had a superb Saturday! I didn't get a lot done when I got home other than just a few loads of laundry and a bit of other cleaning. Mostly sat and snuggled with DD and watched (mostly) mindless TV. I am going to miss her so much this fall!

See you all tomorrow!..........P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #303
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbo_buddy
oh and my positive for the day?

i did a 10k in central park today and it was FREEZING but i made sure i smiled through the whole thing (except for the crazy hills)
Wow great job! I haven't even stepped foot outside the house the past 3 days because it's so cold out!

QOTD: For me, weekends are like any other day. I'm home on maternity leave now so all the days just kind of run together! When I do work, I find weekends easier because my cafeteria poutine is too tempting!

Positive for today: We're in the midst of moving our middle DD to a big girl bed and its taking her a while to fall asleep (2 hours yesterday). DH works evenings so I'm the one who has to stay upstairs and constantly go back in and get her to bed. So yesterday she only fell asleep at 9 and I was sure I wasn't going to workout... But I kicked my butt and did my workout anyways!

Hope you're all having a great weekend!
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #304
elyse43230
Is this real life? I feel funny...

Quote:

WAY HARDER! The weekend is where I do all my fun stuff. One thing I religiously do is see an early afternoon movie with my parents (my brother is a manager of our local AMC so we get in for FREE!). Well, they recently renovated to put in Dine in Theater and let me tell you... it is ADDICTIVE. And so much fun! (They have one exactly the same at WDW in DTD).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackeysmom View Post
I just posted this on my WISH journal - so I hope you don't mind a double post.

- Laura
Anyone like me and need a reeeaaaalllly big mason jar?

Positive: I saw Les Mis today and cried my eyes out! It was so moving and the performances were out of this world. I was like WOAH! Anne Hathaway... freakin amazing! If you at all like musicals, go see this! But be aware that Les Mis is almost an opera and most of the play is sung. Like 99% of the play sung!

Disney Trips! June 2013 OKW June 2012 POFQ Feb 2009 POFQ July 2008 Epcot March 2008 5 Days POFQ April 2007 MK w/ Mom October 2001 Poly July 1993 MK August 1989 MK - 5 years old (Shannon gets her ears)
elyse43230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #305
Mary•Poppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I find the weekends a little harder even when I don't have any "junk" in the house.

This weekend my oldest son went back to college. A friend of his came in yesterday and stayed at our house. We had a nice dinner then I cooked pancakes and bacon for breakfast. I am proud of myself for not have any pancakes ... but I just couldn't stay away from the bacon. I only had 3 pieces so that wasn't too bad. Then at dinner, I was running late coming home from shopping and my DH made turkey sandwiches ... with bacon on them. I am so lucky he always steps up to the plate and cooks, but he and I are on a diet and the extra bacon wasn't needed. And of course I could have taken it off the sandwiches, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings . So, yes, weekends are harder for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984 View Post

Positive for today: We're in the midst of moving our middle DD to a big girl bed and its taking her a while to fall asleep (2 hours yesterday). DH works evenings so I'm the one who has to stay upstairs and constantly go back in and get her to bed. So yesterday she only fell asleep at 9 and I was sure I wasn't going to workout... But I kicked my butt and did my workout anyways!

Hope you're all having a great weekend!
I know these days are frustrating ... but enjoy them. They are little for such a short period of time. My oldest climbed out of his crib at 15 months. We had to put him in a toddler bed so he wouldn't get hurt .... and bedtimes were a nightmare. He would just walk right out of his door when we put him down to sleep. I do miss those days.

And I am very proud of you for exercising ... even when you didn't feel like it.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #306
penguin1102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLime View Post
On 20/20 tonight they are doing a special on People Magazine's Half Their Size - in case anyone wants some extra motivation.
Thank you so much for telling us about this. I tivoed it and my DH and I watched it this morning. Very interesting.
penguin1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #307
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Haven't gotten to check in the last few days (been a little crazy here), but I can definitely say that weekends are harder for me. I can control what I eat better at work when I am limited to what I take. My positive for today: I have more energy today, and although I haven't lost in the first part of our weigh-in challenge, I have not gained. I looked back at my journal, and I am 5 lbs less than last December and didn't gain a huge amount (like I normally do) during Christmas break.

Now. . .off to finish a work project I put off during break . Tomorrow, I'm hoping to complete day 1 of Couch to 5K. Has anyone seen the Nike Running ads for 2013? I LOVE them! Super motivational!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #308
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missypyxi View Post
This struck a chord with me! I lost my father in 2009 to cancer and I wish so much that I could pick up the phone and call him. Call him. Tell him you love him and you want a relationship with him despite your differences in beliefs. He's your father, you're his daughter. Call him and tell him you love him and you miss him. You never know when he won't be there to call anymore.
I am completely with you! I lost my father to cancer when I was in college. I am constantly thinking of him & wish he was around to see my kids growing up (and go to wdw with us ). OP~I really didn't want to butt in since I don't know the whole situation, but I would suggest reaching out somehow.

Quote:

Weekends are horrible for me. I do so much better during the week when I have a set schedule. I don't have set times to eat on weekends and if we are out running around, we grab fast food. I try to stay on plan, but it's harder.

Positive~I meal planned until next Friday & did all my grocery shopping (except meat which I will get tomorrow) this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post
I'm embracing the thought 'any loss is still a loss' because I'm down .1 lb

I did get my hour run/walk on the treadmill today so that helps. I had the BEST breakfast today. I was trying to make the Blueberry Pear smoothie from the Shred but my blender broke so I just scooped it out of the blender and stirred it up and ate it. My kids loved it too. OMG delish!! 1.5 chopped Anjou pear, 1C frozen blueberies, 1c nonfat vanilla yogurt, 1t sugar. If you do the smoothie add 6 ice cubes.

Off to stare at the Holiday decorations that just won't put themselves away!
0.1 lbs is a loss, so good job!

That smoothie sounds delicious. Do you happen to have the nutritional info so I can figure out the WW points?

Did your decorations magically get put away? I have all our decorations away except the actual tree & lights. DH usually does it, but if I leave him to it, it may be weeks. I'm hoping to tackle it tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 at disney View Post

I think weekends are harder to stay on plan. We tend to go out to eat on most weekends and making a healthy choice involves a lot of will power. Also, more snacks are available in my home. Having kids and a husband that do not need to worry about their weight makes things a little more challenging.
Yes, this. DH & DSs are always hungry & eat whatever. I eat one too many carrots and gain 3 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post

This weekend my oldest son went back to college. A friend of his came in yesterday and stayed at our house. We had a nice dinner then I cooked pancakes and bacon for breakfast. I am proud of myself for not have any pancakes ... but I just couldn't stay away from the bacon. I only had 3 pieces so that wasn't too bad. Then at dinner, I was running late coming home from shopping and my DH made turkey sandwiches ... with bacon on them. I am so lucky he always steps up to the plate and cooks, but he and I are on a diet and the extra bacon wasn't needed. And of course I could have taken it off the sandwiches, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings . So, yes, weekends are harder for me.
This made me laugh out loud! DSs love breakfast for dinner, so dinner tonight was pancakes & bacon. I avoided the pancakes, but that bacon was staring me down. I had 3 pieces Maybe it was a PA thing today?!?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone. I got on here & started reading & replying before I even checked the first page. I will when I am finished. I didn't lose much this week, but I'll take it! I can't wait to see some colors!

I have got to get back to my gym routine. The week before Christmas I was so busy with things that I didn't go to 2 classes. Then the Friday before I woke up sick. I ended up finally feeling better the following Friday. Throw in more plans with New Years & it's been weeks since I've been to the gym. I will get back to it on Monday, but I may pass out during spinning!

I finished everything on my weekend to do list this morning. The house is back to normal & pretty clean, so if you want to come visit, come tomorrow! After tomorrow, it'll get messy again. And, I'm sure I'll be stepping on Legos again very soon.

I think I'm going to head over to the creative boards & look for some new ideas. Take care!

Jill
Old 01-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #309
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

QOTD: Weekends are just wacky for me. Some are easy while others are a full out disaster. As of now, I am under control. So I am grateful for that.

Positive for today: Even though exercise causes extreme pain for me I have been keeping it up. I know there has to be a time where it will even out so I am keeping positive that it will come sooner than later.
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #310
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Absolutely crazy day at work yesterday and I was exhausted when I got home so didn't get to check in. I did make turkey meatballs for dinner and made a quadruple batch so I have a gallon bag of them in the freezer to use for lunches.

Today I had to get up earlier than I wanted to and get the cats to the vet for their rabies shots. It ended up much easier than I thought it would be. I had them locked in the bathroom so it was easy to catch them and get them in the carriers and at the vets they got us in pretty quick and were done quick. Usually I have to hold them while they do the shot-- and I HATE needles so I have to keep them calm while not looking and trying not to freak out myself! But today the asst just took them one at a time to the back, did it quick and brought them back. No trauma for anyone! It helps that the assistant is my best friend's daughter so it is nice to have someone familiar to trust my babies with.

After we brought them home I told DD12 I would take her to breakfast. Never mind that it was around 11 am! I have been dying for IHOP Pumpkin Pancakes since October and the sign said they still had them. I was sooooo good-- I ate one pancake and 2 slices of bacon. I ate the rest of the bacon for snack later and have the 2 pancakes in there for later this week. I tried to make fresh Whole Wheat Bread for dinner but my yeast was dead so had an emergency trip to the store to pick up more yeast and by the time I got home it was too late to make it for dinner. So I skipped past plan b and c and went to Plan D and made some oven baked chicken fajitas (LOVE me some Pinterest!). Everyone loved them and dinner was only 30 mins later than it should have been.

Quote:

It really just depends on what is going on. There is generally less temptation on the weekends unless we are out and about. If we are running around doing things then sometimes I end up in situations with no healthy choices or eating out and not wanting to be "good". If we are home I do pretty well.

Positive: At work we order out every Friday. I got a grilled chicken salad and only ate part of it (Had the rest for dinner tonight). Didn't succumb to the temptation of burgers, fries and desserts.

All my Christmas decor boxes are in my living room. I just can't bring myself to take down the tree yet, though. I may have to tell DH and the kids to do it for me!

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #311
Mom2aJessieGirl
DIS Veteran

EEEEK!

My husband just agreed to let me take my DD7 down for a quick trip...in THREE WEEKS!

Any tips on eating Gluten Free/Lower Carb while at WDW?
WDW (Dolphin/FW) February 2014; WDW (POP) March 2013 (F&G);WDW (ASsp) January 2013;WDW (POFQ/FW) May 2012 (SWW); WDW (FW) February 2012; WDW (POFQ) November-December 2011 (MVMCP); WDW (POFQ/FW) February 2011; DLR (GCH) August 2010; WDW (WL) Spring 2002; WDW (WL) August 1997; WDW (WL) July 1994; DLR (DLH) Mid 90's; WDW July-August 1991; WDW March 1989; And a couple more for good measure!
Mom2aJessieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #312
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Good evening and happy weekend to you all!!

Looking like a fantastic group here ready to rock and roll, or live, laugh and lose!! It's nice to see so many old and new friends here.

I'm going to pop in and start with todays qotd. Weekends with no plans are easier for me to stay on track, but if there are functions, that's when they get difficult. Work can be tough with junk people bring in to share, and I have found I need to avoid it altogether, or I go overboard.

Positive-I avoided carrot cake, chocolate cream pie, and pumpkin ice cream pie at work on friday. Ate my Oikos keylime greek yogurt and fruit after lunch, and didn't look back.

I went back to ww on wed nights, and have tracked every bite since then. It definitely makes a big difference when I track. Made some chocolate pudding for the weekend treat, and made a big pan of roasted vegies the other night, which are so good.

Roasted brussel sprouts are my favorite vegie.

I'm reading back, and enjoying getting to know everyone. My work hours changed last summer, and I go in an hour earlier, so I lost my morning dis-time after ds gets on the bus. I don't seem to find the computer time in the evenings that I'd like to. Idk, may have to break down and get one of those fancy phones, but I"m too cheap right now. lol.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #313
ColoradoLime
Pure Disney Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1102
Thank you so much for telling us about this. I tivoed it and my DH and I watched it this morning. Very interesting.
Did you just love how The Biggest Loser guy had that giant picture if himself in the kitchen? That would totally motivate me. Lol

WDW: 2009 (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Disneyland CA: 2013 (HoJo Anaheim)

Join the best darn May/June 2013 DLR Trip Planning Thread! Click HERE

ColoradoLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #314
penguin1102
Mouseketeer

Quote:

For me the weekends are easier to stay on plan because I am able to control what I put in my mouth. At work it is harder because someone is always bringing in treats and food to share. I can go sit in the backyard and read to get out of the kitchen or ride the stationary bike while watching tv instead of snacking.

Something positive is that we got taco bell for lunch today and I got the cantina bowl, which I thought was a really good choice, it turned out to be 14WW points! However I tracked the points and tried best to stay on plan the rest of the day. Normally I would have given up the rest of the day and ate everything in sight.
penguin1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #315
ColoradoLime
Pure Disney Lover

Weekends are definitely harder as they are much less structured and its when things are most hectic with errands and family get togethers.

Also as a PP stated, having others dependent upon me for everything just makes it harder to stick to a plan. Today for sure was a disaster food wise.

Positive wise...this is a hard one today.

WDW: 2009 (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Disneyland CA: 2013 (HoJo Anaheim)

Join the best darn May/June 2013 DLR Trip Planning Thread! Click HERE

ColoradoLime is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: