Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #286
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Ack, ran out of time.

Will be back this evening!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 01-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #287
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

QOTD, Satuday, January 5, 2013

Do you think it will be easier or harder to stay on plan on the weekends? Why?

And...Say something positive about yourself.
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #288
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday.

I got up and went to the Y and ran 5.2 miles with no intervals. I was pretty pleased!

I am probably not going to be around a ton over the next day or so. I thought I would have more time. My DS goes back to college Monday morning and Mike and I leave Wednesday morning and I am slightly under prepared. But I am just rolling with things and trying to enjoy the moment.

I have entered some of the updated weights and it looks like things are getting off to a good start!

Please remember--if you want your percentage lost to be included in the first update, send me a pm by Sunday evening. Thanks so much!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #289
dumbo_buddy
DIS Veteran

happy saturday! just a quick second to answer the QOTD.

for me, the weekends are usually easier to stick with the plan. when i'm at home i don't get much time to sit and relax and i make whatever is in the house to eat. we don't keep too much crap in the house so not much to choose from! the weekdays are harder for me when i'm at work because i sit alllll day other than when i teach mommy and me class and our work cafeteria is like a gourmet kitchen. everything and anything is there which makes it verrrrry hard to get a salad.

the scale went the wrong way this week. looks like i'll be weighing more than i weighed when i was in disney last time. poop. but, it's "only 3 lbs" so i won't throw myself over the ledge just yet
Old 01-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #290
dumbo_buddy
DIS Veteran

oh and my positive for the day?

i did a 10k in central park today and it was FREEZING but i made sure i smiled through the whole thing (except for the crazy hills)
Old 01-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #291
Khiori
Earning My Ears

I'm here! Yes, I'm new! I've sent my info on - having a good week. I will go back and read this thread today. Looks like a great group of people here!

QOTD: I don't have an issue eating any worse on weekends. It's all the same to me. We are self-employed with a home office so one day is like the others.

Positive: I ran 30 minutes today!! I have been doing something called 5K101. I finally finished the program today. 8 weeks, three times a week. I'm planning to run the Dumbo Double Dare in the fall so today's run was a big one for me. Time to move on to the 10K program! woo hoo!

Last edited by Khiori; 01-05-2013 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Added QOTD
Khiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #292
Bnb0627
Mouseketeer

QOTD: the weekends are harder for me as there is much more temptation. During the week the girls usually have cereal, oatmeal, fruit for breakfast. On the weekends I make them whatever they want which is usually chocolate chip pancakes and bacon. We also tend to do any errands or shopping on the weekend and will usually go to a restaurant or get fast food for one meal while we are out. We have tons of snacks in the house too!

Positive: My DD came down with the flu yesterday and while I did spend most of the laying in bed with her I did manage get some cleaning done, made a healthy dinner for all of us and tried to jump rope. I haven't done that since I was in school and it only last about 60 seconds before my legs felt numb but I will keep trying!!!!
Bnb0627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #293
Kbella's mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post

Well, if today is an indication...much harder! DS13 eats constantly and it's been hard not to resist. I'm trying, though. At least when I'm at work, I'm away from the temptation. I keep telling myself -- baby steps!

Positive: I have a great relationship with my teenager (so far). He tells me I'm a good listener and he feels like he can tell me anything.
Kbella's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #294
DisFam95
DIS Veteran

I'm embracing the thought 'any loss is still a loss' because I'm down .1 lb

I thought I did better than that but in reality looking back I know I didn't. While I did add some healthier options in my meals, this week was my TOM and also apparently dedicated to eating all the leftover bad stuff in the house. I can't toss good stuff out. Ate some last of the chocolates and finished off a few bowls of some rich cream soup we had for New Years day.

Yesterday was a bad eating day too. We ended up in a little downtown antique shopping area that has a place with the best sweet pulled pork w/ Kahlua sauce that melts in your mouth and I did not even think about NOT having it

The other night I had a new friend come pick her son up at 5 and she sat down and proceeded to talk and tell me all about the drama doing on in her life! It was 7 by the time se got her out. I felt bad and did not want to just hear her crap (it's not good) and then 'oh ok great gotta go see ya' out the door - so me and DH listened - and listened. Even the kids were casualy coming in and whispering it's time for them to go and they were hungry. So my healthy salmon was out the door as we were all staving and just wanted food now we ended up at Arby's. Next time that happens it's no fries at least.

I did get my hour run/walk on the treadmill today so that helps. I had the BEST breakfast today. I was trying to make the Blueberry Pear smoothie from the Shred but my blender broke so I just scooped it out of the blender and stirred it up and ate it. My kids loved it too. OMG delish!! 1.5 chopped Anjou pear, 1C frozen blueberies, 1c nonfat vanilla yogurt, 1t sugar. If you do the smoothie add 6 ice cubes.

Off to stare at the Holiday decorations that just won't put themselves away!
Sum/74; Sum/78; Sum/82; Sum/87 Polynesian; Sum/93 Caribbean Beach; 8/95 Port Orleans - Honeymoon; 5/97; 8/99 Caribbean Beach; 9/01 Wilderness Lodge - became a DVC member!!!; 12/02; 1/04; 2/05; 2/06; 10/06; 5/08 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/11 Wildreness Lodge
Me DH DS12 DS8
DisFam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #295
5 at disney
Mouseketeer

I think weekends are harder to stay on plan. We tend to go out to eat on most weekends and making a healthy choice involves a lot of will power. Also, more snacks are available in my home. Having kids and a husband that do not need to worry about their weight makes things a little more challenging.

Positive--This week I connected with some co-worker who are starting to exercise together. Since my hours vary from theirs, I cannot work out with them but are using them as a support system. It is great to have others on board with you!!
5 at disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #296
Bnb0627
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95
I'm embracing the thought 'any loss is still a loss' because I'm down .1 lb !
Any loss is a loss!!!!! Be proud of it
Bnb0627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #297
mackeysmom
Let's Go Mets!

I just posted this on my WISH journal - so I hope you don't mind a double post.

After seeing something similar on another message board, I bought two mason jars and some colored glass. One jar is "pounds lost" and the other is "pounds to lose". I think it makes a great visual and gives some added incentive to keep pushing forward:

- Laura

mackeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #298
5 at disney
Mouseketeer

Great Idea Laura!!! I am stealing it!!
5 at disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #299
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Quote:

I'm agree with most everyone else that it is harder to stay on plan on the weekends. My kids are around all day and I have to run them here or there and we often just run through a drive thru. Weekends are fun because they aren't routine, but that makes eating routine harder. And it is harder for me to get runs in on the weekend too.

Positive: I'm down 2 pounds this month
dismagiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #300
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

Quote:

Oh without a doubt. Plus my food is a lot more structured during the week. Then the weekend hits and its chaos central. DH and I just don't stick to a schedule. Some weekend days I only get 2 meals in and others it feels like I'm eating all day long.

Positive -- I did 60 minutes on the elliptical today!

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: