Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #256
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post

Hey Jill ... nice to hear from you! My middle son has been accepted to Penn State, New Ken, Pitt Johnstown, Slippery Rock and IUP. IUP is his top choice right now. Before Christmas he was asked to interview for a scholarship and we found out a few days ago that he got it! He doesn't know what he wants to do so IUP is a bigger school with a lot of options.

How is your crew doing? You NEED to change your signature ... you have a count down! (I am jealous. ) I hope your planning is going well. Congrats on your husband's graduation.

You seem to be having a better school year this year. I hope it continues.
Wow! How awesome for your DS! Slippery rock is not too far from me. Lots of people in this area go there, especially for teaching degrees. In fact, two coworkers went there & my cousin's son just gratuated from The Rock IUP is a great school, too. I looked into that when I graduated but ended up at Youngstown State University (my dad's alma mater & it made him so proud).

My school year has improved some, and it is much better than last year. I can't believe it's January already.

My family is doing well. I promise I'll add a countdown today! We are having a good time planning. We watched some ride videos on you tube yesterday. Since DSs were only 7 & 4 last time, we didn't do any big rides except BTMR. I am looking forward to ToT and Space Mountain with them.

Glad to hear all is well with you & your family. And, I know you'll be at Disney soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Good Friday morning!

Here is your question of the day.

QOTD Friday, January 4, 2013

How do you handle situations that you can't control? Are you a roll with the punches kind of person or if things don't go as planned does your day (week, month) spiral out of control? How does all this effect your healthy eating and exercise?

I know that there are multiple questions there, but I want you to think about it all in terms of how you handle situations and how it effects your weight.

And as always--say something positive about yourself.

We are having new kitchen counter tops installed this morning. And I have to go to the dmv this morning, but I should be back later this afternoon.
I do not do well with unexpected things. I am a organized person & when a situation arises where I have no control, I stress. I've been like this since I can remember. I think I have a better handle on it now. I do stress eat occasionally. I usually grab anything made of chocolate, so I know it effects my weight. Luckily, DH is a very calm, relaxed person & he tries to step in & help out when he knows I'm stressed. It is wonderful & I told him my goal for 2013 is to be more positive & not stress so much. 4 days in & I think I'm doing pretty good

Positive~I have all my lesson plans ready for next week (9 different History classes) and all worksheets & study guides are ready to go. Yay!

Jealous of the new kitchen counters. I want to redo my kitchen, but in my area, it's not worth the money. Our housing market still isn't very good. But, it is something that is on my list of things to do soon. After I get new carpet in DSs rooms!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a quick break during work to check in. Now I have to run, but will be back later to read up & pm Rose my weigh in. Oh, and I need a new countdown ticker

Jill
Old 01-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #257
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good Friday morning!

I have been thinking about this all week--which for those who know me, that means another deep thinking kind of question. You don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable, but at least put some thought into it.

How do you handle situations that you can't control? Are you a roll with the punches kind of person or if things don't go as planned does your day (week, month) spiral out of control? How does all this effect your healthy eating and exercise?

I know that there are multiple questions there, but I want you to think about it all in terms of how you handle situations and how it effects your weight.

We are having new kitchen counter tops installed this morning. And I have to go to the dmv this morning, but I should be back later this afternoon.
Happy Friday everyone!

QOTD: Normally, I would say that I don't handle situations that are out of control very well. If something goes wrong, then I get upset and, in terms of dieting, it all goes out the window. In the past one bad day would make me throw out my whole diet because clearly I "just can't do it".

But on our trip to Disney last month pretty much everything went wrong in the first few days. Our flight was cancelled once we were already boarded and had taxied out for takeoff because they found a major mechanical problem. So after spending all day in an airport with our 3 small kids we had to rebook on a flight out the next morning. This meant losing a day of vacation not to mention how chaotic the airport was with everyone trying to rebook their flights and get accomodations for the night! And our flight the next day had us up at 3AM! Once we arrived at Disney (a day late) we got to our room and I unpacked everything. We hung around the resort a bit took a walk, relaxed, excited to get to bed early and have a great day the next day... once we had put the 3 kids to sleep our neighbours decided to start smoking weed! And it was coming in under the connecting door. So we had to get a new room, at 9pm, move the sleeping kids and repack and unpack in our new room. That whole experience really tested me and my ability to "roll with the punches" and I have to say, I was amazing Throughout the whole thing I always kept my cool and figured that these things happen. I was also able to put it behind me and have an amazing vacation for the rest of week.

All that to say that I think I'm growing as a person. I think that becoming a mom among other things has really taught me to look at the bigger picture. And I'm more confident now that in the future, when I have a bad day on my diet/exercise routine, I will be able to brush it off as one bad day and refocus for the next day (or next meal).

My positive for the day is that I'm good at putting things together. Anytime we get new furniture (like the bunk beds for our girls and our new kitchen set) I'm always the one to put it all together because I love feeling handy!
October 2011: ASMo with DD4 and DD7months
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #258
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Will post more later since I am on my phone now.

Lost my way a little bit in the last 2 days. Trying to find my way out of the forest and catch up to the wagon.

Positive for the day- I reclaimed my treadmill.

As many of you know from the last challenge we had to put the treadmill up on blocks and piled crap on it because of flooding in the basement. Well I asked and asked hubby to help clear (his) crap off of it and help get it off blocks. Yep yep yep was all I heard.
Well I just did it myself a few minutes ago. Now hopefully I can keep the coughing down to a minimum and use it today.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
Old 01-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #259
helloirishkitty
DIS Veteran

I'm getting that "2:30 feeling" at 3:12 right about now. I'm hungry out of boredom but do not want to snack... need to get through the work day as I would normally start snacking right about now.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #260
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good Friday morning!

I don't eat or I eat a lot. It's very hard for me to accept that anything is beyond my control. I'm kind of like the female raptor in Jurassic park--always testing the fence.

Something positive about myself--I'm smart.

Had kind of a major breakdown last night about my Dad--don't know what triggered it....? It usually happens around Christmas though--guess I was just late. Haven't talked to him in years--I miss him. I should call him but it's hard. His Christianity means a lot to him and I'm an atheist--can't help it--can't change what I am. I tried beating around the bush with him for years about the subject until I finally told him....he hasn't called me since.
Feeling kind of drained today. It's nice and sunny though and I think I'll go in to work and get some fresh dungeness for an omelette tonight. Go for a bike ride later with my husband on the river.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #261
Mary•Poppins
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Kbella's mom;47075652]
Quote:

Yeah! Another reading teacher!
I am a Title I K-2 reading and math teacher. I, too, am trained in Leveled Literacy and a few other reading programs that we don't use any more. I also have National Board Certification in reading. I love it when my student finally feels successful. So rewarding!
Wow for getting your National Board Certification! That is a lot of work.

Quote:
Good Friday morning!

I have been thinking about this all week--which for those who know me, that means another deep thinking kind of question. You don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable, but at least put some thought into it.

Hmmm .... I would love to say that I don't stress eat, but I do. I have been changing though. I would go out for a run when I was really stressed and I felt a lot better (and didn't eat). I have tried to use this more than eating my way through the problem. I have also found that if I don't get enough sleep, I have a hard time throughout the day and tend to eat. It took me a long time to figure this one out. Now that I am aware of it, I try to monitor myself.

Positive: I am a good cook.

On that note, our grill died this week and we bought a new one last night, a Weber. The are so expensive, but we found out they last forever. We cook on the grill ALL the time so I am looking forward to trying out the grill tonight.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #262
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
QOTD--Jan 3, 2013--What is your favorite non-traditional veggie? (Meaning other than: broccoli, green beans, peas, tomatoes.) Do you have a quick and easy way of preparing it that you'd like to share?

And you know it is coming---

Say something positive about yourself.

I really like roasted brussel sprouts, kale, and arugula. I have been putting arugula on everything lately and it is just yummy!

Something good yesterday--I have been doing a great job sticking with my exercise goals.

Quote:
Good Friday morning!

I am not very good at rolling with the punches, but I am working on it. I am a huge control freak, and I know where it comes from. But that doesn't mean I like it. I learned many years ago a coping mechanism for when I feel out of control and start freaking out about a problem is to break it down into chunks--what can I fix now, what can I fix tomorrow, what is going to take a little longer, and what do I need to let go. Again not very good at it, but I am working on it. How does it effect my weight--when I am stressed I try to exercise more, but sometimes I overdo it with the food. Need to work on that too.

Something positive--I am really empathetic.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #263
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

Just finished reading and got caught up. I have been logging my food and again I find that I don't have enough calories, but too many fats etc. It is based on my horrible eating habits. I am trying to figure it out, so that is a start.

Also, I watched my new Leslie Sansone tape. 1 mile looked to easy and the 4 mile was a bit too much to start. I did 15 minutes (1 mile) of her highest intensity on the tape and then settled into the 2 mile brisk walk and it is a perfect fit for me now. Did it myself and then I will do it again with yoga tonight with my husband.

So I was talking with my daughter while walking and she couldn't believe my weight. I must carry it a little better than I thought. Okay, off to another post for my QOTD and my positive. Skipped veggie question as we do just the regulars around here.

I do have some great pumpkin recipes if anyone is interested.
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #264
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

Positive for the day: I really like my haircut this time. It is just a little different than my normal cut, but it makes me feel a bit younger.

I am a very controlling type personality. I do not handle situations out of my control very well at all. I actually will instigate a scene and or divert the situation to something that I am controlling. Horrible quality but it is me. I have learned to scale back A LOT since I was younger. This will effect my eating and exercise. I stress eat and refuse to exercise. I am working on this and I will tell you that I have really let go in the last few years to the point that DH and the kids say I am a different person most of the time. I do slip once in a while.

So I guess another positive: I was honest today!
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #265
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

My intro: I'm Nicole and I started with the old Biggest Loser thread in 2009. I was inspired to start running from people I met there. I made my goal weight of about 25 pounds lost and ran my first half marathon in March 2010. I have pretty much maintained since then...until 3 months ago. I had about 4 pounds appear that I just could not get rid of - and now I've got an extra 2-3 more after the holidays. You'd think that marathon training would give you some room for a little more eating, but it doesn't really for me. So I'm back on the loser side hoping to get to my maintenance goal some time during this challenge. After 3 years of maintaining, even 7 extra pounds feels like a lot. They went straight to my lower stomach and just make me feel frumpy, so they need to go.

QOTD--Jan 3, 2013--What is your favorite non-traditional veggie? (Meaning other than: broccoli, green beans, peas, tomatoes.) Do you have a quick and easy way of preparing it that you'd like to share?

Beets are my absolute favorite - yum!
Something nice for yesterday...I've gained strength the past few months - my arms and core are noticeably stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1102 View Post
QOTD: my new favorite veggie is brussel sprouts. My mom made them one night when my DH and I went over for dinner and I fell in love with them. I have had them cooked many ways and they are alway delicious. My other favorite is spaghetti squash. It is so easy to make and you put a little pasta sauce on it and it tastes amazing.
Tell me more about how you prepare spaghetti squash! I've had one sitting on my table for weeks. :P

Quote:
Good Friday morning!

Hmm...I think I've gotten a lot better at handling things that aren't in my control. My natural personality wants EVERYTHING TO GO AS PLANNED! And I'm also a natural problem solver - I just want to fix things that aren't right. I will admit that for at least half of 2012 I had serious issues with one thing going wrong, and my mood would instantly downward spiral. It took me months of that worsening to accept that I had depression again and went back to my doctor for treatment. As far as weight, I don't tend to fluctuate too much with bad days. But a bad day or a tiring day definitely makes it hard to get out the door to exercise. I think a bigger problem with stress eating for me is that I feel like I deserve food.

Something nice about me today - I made a positive change this week - started counting calories again and it's going well. I've tracked everything, used the food scale, and made healthier choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
My positive for today.... I am having a bad hair day AND a bad scale day, but I managed to keep it in perspective and still feel pretty good about myself today!

TTYL.................P
Yay! Glad you feel good despite everything else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
I love this quote! Hope my picture comes through
Love that!! Thanks!
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #266
ColoradoLime
Pure Disney Lover

Happy Friday everyone!

I have certainly been one of those people in the past that ate poorly because "I've had a crappy day and I deserve it." That is something I've been working on really changing since all I'm doing it hurting myself and it doesn't stop the fact that crappy days will happen again.

It helps to plan my days in full before they happen so when these things come up and I make a concentrated effort to stick to my plan.

And my positive for the day: I have had multiple opportunities over the last few days to return some of the snarkiness I've seen on some of the planning threads here. But I have refrained...and that's a HUGE step for me. lol

WDW: 2009 (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Disneyland CA: 2013 (HoJo Anaheim)

Join the best darn May/June 2013 DLR Trip Planning Thread! Click HERE

ColoradoLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #267
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker'n'Fun View Post

So I guess another positive: I was honest today!
And I think being honest with ourselves goes a long way toward successful weight management!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post

Beets are my absolute favorite - yum!
Something nice for yesterday...I've gained strength the past few months - my arms and core are noticeably stronger.

Tell me more about how you prepare spaghetti squash! I've had one sitting on my table for weeks. :P
Hi Nicole!
I forgot about beets! I love beets too. I pinned some beet recipes on pinterst.
Spaghetti squash is pretty easy to prepare in the oven if you roast it. Lately I have been cutting it in half, scooping out the insides and putting it upside down on some parchment paper. I think if you polk it you can put it in the microwave. After it cooks I scoop it out and use it like I would regular spaghetti. I have made casseroles, etc and it usually turns out pretty good. It can be a little watery sometimes, but it is pretty tasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLime View Post
Happy Friday everyone!

I have certainly been one of those people in the past that ate poorly because "I've had a crappy day and I deserve it." That is something I've been working on really changing since all I'm doing it hurting myself and it doesn't stop the fact that crappy days will happen again.

It helps to plan my days in full before they happen so when these things come up and I make a concentrated effort to stick to my plan.
That's so true about only hurting yourself. Planning definitely helps. Planning AND flexibility.

Congrats on that new grill Fran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
It's nice and sunny though and I think I'll go in to work and get some fresh dungeness for an omelette tonight. Go for a bike ride later with my husband on the river.
Hope you enjoy that bike ride Susan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloirishkitty View Post
I'm getting that "2:30 feeling" at 3:12 right about now. I'm hungry out of boredom but do not want to snack... need to get through the work day as I would normally start snacking right about now.
Did you hold off on the snacking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Positive for the day- I reclaimed my treadmill.

As many of you know from the last challenge we had to put the treadmill up on blocks and piled crap on it because of flooding in the basement. Well I asked and asked hubby to help clear (his) crap off of it and help get it off blocks. Yep yep yep was all I heard.
Well I just did it myself a few minutes ago. Now hopefully I can keep the coughing down to a minimum and use it today.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
Great job on reclaiming that treadmill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984 View Post

But on our trip to Disney last month pretty much everything went wrong in the first few days. Our flight was cancelled once we were already boarded and had taxied out for takeoff because they found a major mechanical problem. So after spending all day in an airport with our 3 small kids we had to rebook on a flight out the next morning. This meant losing a day of vacation not to mention how chaotic the airport was with everyone trying to rebook their flights and get accomodations for the night! And our flight the next day had us up at 3AM! Once we arrived at Disney (a day late) we got to our room and I unpacked everything. We hung around the resort a bit took a walk, relaxed, excited to get to bed early and have a great day the next day... once we had put the 3 kids to sleep our neighbours decided to start smoking weed! And it was coming in under the connecting door. So we had to get a new room, at 9pm, move the sleeping kids and repack and unpack in our new room. That whole experience really tested me and my ability to "roll with the punches" and I have to say, I was amazing Throughout the whole thing I always kept my cool and figured that these things happen. I was also able to put it behind me and have an amazing vacation for the rest of week.

All that to say that I think I'm growing as a person. I think that becoming a mom among other things has really taught me to look at the bigger picture. And I'm more confident now that in the future, when I have a bad day on my diet/exercise routine, I will be able to brush it off as one bad day and refocus for the next day (or next meal).
Success breeds success! You sound like you handled things so well, and now you can draw on that positive experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post

Positive~I have all my lesson plans ready for next week (9 different History classes) and all worksheets & study guides are ready to go. Yay!

Jealous of the new kitchen counters. I want to redo my kitchen, but in my area, it's not worth the money. Our housing market still isn't very good. But, it is something that is on my list of things to do soon. After I get new carpet in DSs rooms!

Jill
Nine weeks of lesson plans is great!

The counters look pretty good, but like any project it did not go off without a hitch. I guess the cabinets sagged a little over the last 18 years and they had to shim the countertops in one or two places. Which I guess is not uncommon but we now have to trim it out where the shims are. So right now I see what is "wrong" in that it looks out of level to me, but once everything is done we will be really pleased. If it was a "new" job I would be frustrated, but for a remodel on existing cabinets, it looks pretty good. We got a good deal on a solid surface from Lowes. Our neighborhood is not really increasing in prices either, but we have a great house with a great floor plan that will be paid off in 8 years.....so we are staying put for now I think. The cool thing--we will be in our early 50s when we will be able to buy a retirement home and start paying on it. That's a good reason to not move!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #268
camnhan
DIS Veteran

short post because i took some major drugs for pain and can hardly sit up

i think i handle situations pretty well....however i do stress eat when i feel like i dont have control...

positive: i made disney dinning reservations
ok i know pretty lame but am really feeling the drugs.....
camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #269
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
I hope everyone is having a safe, happy, and healthy New Year's!

Mike and I got up this morning and hit the Y. I did the elliptical for 36 min (3 miles), stretched and strength for 13 min and ran 1 mile at a slow 11 min pace.

I have decided to try to run at least one mile every day in 2013. Four out of the 7 days each week it will only be one mile, because I am going to stick with my scheduled 3 runs a week. I really want to be able to say I did something for an entire year. It might not work, but I am going to give it a good shot.

QOTD
I'm Rose. 45, Mom to a college senior. (Who is never going to leave school. He has hopes of a graduate degree in CS and then onto law school.) I work three days a week for a non-profit. I have struggled with my weight for most of my life as well as not really feeling great for a lot of my adult years. I started on my healthy journey (again) in 2010 with lots of help from my WISH friends. I gave up gluten in 2011 and feel oh so much better. Something fun--in case you didn't figure it out--I am running my first full marathon in 12 days! I have run 8 (I think) half marathons since September of 2010 and I really do enjoy working out. I fought a lot of injuries in 2011 and 2012, so I am hoping for an injury free 2013!

Postive--I am very organized!

Off to update my spreadsheet with everyone's weigh-ins.
Could you plan in a few skip days for the year? Just in case you end up sick or something. I'm thinking if you "allow"yourself maybe 5 skip days for the year you won't feel so defeated if you end up missing a day. Just a thought.

Quote:
1. I'm Buffy, or you can shorten my user name to BAMB. I'm 39 and a NAHM (never at home mom) of 4. Married to DH for 20 years this coming April. I'm a co-moderator of the Creative Community here on the DIS. We scrap, sew, and cook there.
Something fun about myself............. gosh I have no idea........ I'm really boring!! LOL

2. Positive - even though my kids are teens and tweens, I'm still the "cool mom" and they still hug me in public and aren't embarrassed to be seen with me.
Umm...you are NOT boring! You are fun and smiley and so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbo_buddy View Post
ok ok i'm here. i didn't want to be but it's clear that i can't maintain by myself. i skipped last BL challenge and i'm paying for it now.

i'm off to PM rose and then read back from the beginning.

hello all! it's great to see many familiar screen names
So great to see you back! How are those adorable boys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclovesdis View Post
Hello! I actually stayed up past midnight last night! I can't tell you the last time that happened. I was at a friend's house and we one of those word association type games. I couldn't stop It was a good way to wind down before going back to work tomorrow. I spent the night and got home just before my parents wanted to eat lunch.

I ate okay last night. Everything was GF, but there was solid cross-contamination risk. I made GF champagne cupcakes. They were well-loved.

I'll be back later with some replies.
The cupcakes sound yummy!

Working on catching up....sorry I can't reply to EVERYONE. I'm on my IPad and not too adept at copy/cut/paste, etc. but be assured I am reading every post! So many new faces...it is so exciting! .................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #270
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post
Hi

I am Fran. I am a remedial reading teacher in a suburb outside of Pittsburgh. I have 3 boys and a wonderful husband. One son is a college freshman at Penn State and I have a high school senior who is going through the college search right now. He just found out he received a partial scholarship to his top pick. And my baby is turning 13 in 10 days.

Now, my husband is not a Disney fan ... however, we are having a contest to see who can lose the most weight and maintain it my June 1st. If I win .... he agreed to go to Disney and not complain! So help me out my Disney friends.

Positive: My reading kids have been doing great this year. Keeping me fingers crossed they practiced a bit over break.

Off to get ready for work tomorrow. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!
I can't imagine a better motivator than the thought of a Disney trip! Lucky lady! You'll do it for sure!

Quote:
Posting early, since I really need to get to work on time and I think I will run in the morning.

QOTD Wednesday, January 2, 2013

How often do you weigh/ get on the scale?

And you know it's coming--say something positive about yourself.
I weigh in just once a week. The scale, up or down, has a huge ability to dictate my mood for the day. That being said, I have been tinkering with the idea of daily weighing. Still thinking about it.

Today's positive....I ate something green at every meal today...and it wasn't green Christmas m&m's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbye View Post
Hi all,
I'm Victoria and am joining in with a goal of five pounds for the month and sixty for the year. I live in NYC and work as a dresser at Phantom of the Opera. ( That means I change people's clothes really fast) I'm walking the Princess marathon this year with the goal of not getting swept. I ran a triathon two years ago and didn't finish last so I think this is totally doable for me.
Food goals are to eat heathy, whole foods as unprocessed as possible
Excersize goal to be active thirty minutes a day doing something not involved with work

My positive for the day is that I'm smaller then I was last year.
You need to meet our friend Dona! I haven't seen her on here recently though. She does costuming (sewing and such) for some theater companies in her NJ area.

Woohoo on being smaller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker'n'Fun View Post
Couldn't sleep so I popped on so I will answer my QOTD #2

I don't usually step on the scale at home. I have a monthly doctor's appt. I will weigh myself now once a week for this challenge.

Positive about me: I recently had to stop my pain patch due to a weird reaction after a being on it for almost a year. I had to adjust to no extra pain meds cold turkey. So far so good. No new meds and I am maintaining on the equivalent of 1/3 of what I was taking.
Sorry that you had trouble with your patch, but hopefully it will turn out to be a good thing in the long run!

Quote:
I still need one coach for January:

January 18-24

If you are interested, please let me know. Coaches check in on the thread. Comment on how folks are doing and ask a question of the day. It's a lot of fun and folks find they usually lose a bunch that week because they are pretty focused on healthy living.

Please send me a PM if you are interested.
I'll do two weeks if you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984 View Post
Good morning everyone!

QOTD Jan 2: I weigh myself everyday. I would like to only weigh myself every few days but just can't help myself... It's a goal to work towards!

Positive: I have gorgeous red hair
Lucky girl! I used to be able to say that I had nice hair (natural blonde) until it starting going grey...and then I cut it all off in November. Now I hate it. What color are your eyes?.

Quote:
Every day, I know I shouldn't but I do. LOL

Positive - I got up and dressed and got the kids to school on time.
Don't under-rate that accomplishment!

Slowly getting caught up!........P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: