Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #181
helloirishkitty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
Hi! Here we go...I've fallen a bit behind (already!), so I'm diving in with the Jan 1 QOTD.

QOTD Jan 1 - I'm Liz, I'm 40, and I'm a maintainer at long last. I have struggled with my weight since I was in middle school, and I made lifetime with WW back in 2000. Then I had my beautiful girls and had a hard time with big weight gains in both pregnancies. Back to WW, and I got all but the last 20+ off. This time last year, I'd had enough, and I joined my first BL challenge. That, coupled with a doubled-down effort at WW, and I got back to my pre-kids, wedding weight. It felt *amazing.*

In the course of all that, I got a wild hair and decided to start running - something I'd never done and never imagined I would do. I started with a Couch to 5K app on my iPhone. I got a few weeks in and then cracked a toe badly (not while running, just a klutzy move). I was sidelined for 2 months with that and dove back into the C25K in late May. I ran the ToT 10-miler at the end of September and am now a week and a half away from my first half marathon, the WDW Half! I'm signed up for another half in April and have two more on my radar for 2013. Sometimes I can't quite believe this is me now.

December was rough for me, maintenance-wise, and I'm sitting at the top of my maintenance range. So my goal for this month is to work off those extra few pounds I've been carrying these past few weeks and get solidly back to goal again. And, oh yes, complete that half marathon.

Positive: I am a very organized person with a talent for organizing spaces and stuff.

QOTD Jan 2 - I know I shouldn't. I really do know that. But I pop on every morning. It's habit more than obsession, and I guess I find the fluctuations interesting relative to how I'm feeling (bloated, etc.).

Positive: I'm a great mommy. I'm not the perfect mommy, but I love those girls like nobody's business, and they know it.

Happy 2013, everyone! Let's rock this thing.
XO
Liz
My name is also Liz, and I ran the ToT 10 miler too! I love running... it gives me more excuses to go to disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbye View Post
Hi all,
I'm Victoria and am joining in with a goal of five pounds for the month and sixty for the year. I live in NYC and work as a dresser at Phantom of the Opera. ( That means I change people's clothes really fast) I'm walking the Princess marathon this year with the goal of not getting swept. I ran a triathon two years ago and didn't finish last so I think this is totally doable for me.
Food goals are to eat heathy, whole foods as unprocessed as possible
Excersize goal to be active thirty minutes a day doing something not involved with work

My positive for the day is that I'm smaller then I was last year.
I hope to have the same positive next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollieMom View Post
I'm Melissa - 41 yo, married to the most marvelous man in the world, and in the midst of a career change - will be graduating from Culinary school in May if all goes well! Of course, I'm not 100% sure what I want to do when I graduate yet.

My positive thought is I finally feel very motivated to finally do something about my weight - it's a different feeling this time around.
Motivation is the hardest part, it's so movitvating to be surrounded by motivated people

Quote:
Originally Posted by RutgersAlum View Post
Hi, Michele, here. Combining a few QOTD's...
I'm 43 for a few more weeks, HS teacher, wife to terrific dh, mom to ds 11 & ds 7.

Goal for Jan, 3 lbs. Goal for 2013, start jogging again. Or moving in some regular fashion.

Fun Fact: I just came back from WDW today!! A last-minute trip to FL to support our alma mater (we lost ) then hit the parks for two crazy crowded but fun days

Good luck everyone!

ETA: My other goal is to resume regular MFP tracking!
MFP is amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post
Hi

I am Fran. I am a remedial reading teacher in a suburb outside of Pittsburgh. I have 3 boys and a wonderful husband. One son is a college freshman at Penn State and I have a high school senior who is going through the college search right now. He just found out he received a partial scholarship to his top pick. And my baby is turning 13 in 10 days.

Now, my husband is not a Disney fan ... however, we are having a contest to see who can lose the most weight and maintain it my June 1st. If I win .... he agreed to go to Disney and not complain! So help me out my Disney friends.

Positive: My reading kids have been doing great this year. Keeping me fingers crossed they practiced a bit over break.

Off to get ready for work tomorrow. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

My husband is also not a Disney fan, and doesn't understand the need that I have to go regularly. A disney trip is wonderful motivation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephd219 View Post
I would love to join!

QOTD:

My name is Stephanie, and I'm a 36 year old teacher. I have two little boys and a wonderful husband. I am at the heaviest I have ever been with about 15-20 lbs to lose. I'm scared because my weight keeps climbing, and with hypothyroidism, the weight comes off sloooowly. I am definitely an emotional eater, so I will be working on that.

One positive for today is that I'm done with excuses. Even if I don't drop a single pound, I WILL be healthier.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Yay for being healthier! I'm still working on getting the excuses out of my head.. but I will go to spinning tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissahac99 View Post
My name is Melissa and am a mostly SAHM to 5 yr old and 2 yr old boys. I am an oncology RN that works a couple nights a month. I have lost about 30 lbs so far since my DS #2 was born. I started running and ran my first 5K in Oct.

My long term goal is to lose 50 more lbs. My goal for Jan is 5 lbs.

Something positive? I got on the treadmill and ran for the first time today since the beginning of Nov! It felt amazing. I was huffing and puffing but I did it. My next 5K is March 17 so the pressure is on.
I give you props for getting on the treadmill. I avoid it like the plague. I ran outside yesterday in 27 degree weather- that's how much I hate the treadmill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecassie View Post
Hi! I'm Cassie, 34 yo mom to dd 9. I used to be one of those annoying people who could eat everything they wanted without gaining a pound, but then I gained 60 pounds while I was pregnant with dd and only lost half of it after she was born. I am hoping to take some of the weight off before our annual Mother/Daughter Disney trip in May, for the sake of my bum knees.
Fun Fact- I am a full time Barista (professional espresso/ coffee maker). I LOVE all things coffee, and I love my job! 13 years, and I still look forward to going to work every day!
Positive thought- I have a good sense of humor and I'm quick to make those around me laugh.
I also gained A LOT of weight while pregnant (70lbs). I lost half of it, and then I gained it back. And I'm not pregnant But I will lose it this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbella's mom View Post
Hi Everyone! I am Kristina. My family loves to travel. I have a DS13 and DD6. I am in the process of separating from my DH of 25 years, so stress eating has really put on the weight!
Something positive...hmm...well, I love my new hairstyle!
I need a new hairstyle! My hair has been the same for-ev-er.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbm02 View Post
Hi! I'm Jude, and I've "started" several BL challenges - and lost steam halfway through. I was doing great in the last one - and then my National Guard unit was called up for Operation Sandy and I spent 4-5 weeks in Staten Island - working 15 hours a day, the DIS was blocked by the Army firewall , no access to gym (and too tired!) and eating Army carb-loading food. I promptly gained back everything I lost, and then some. So, time to start again.
I have an incredible husband, and two great kids. My DS is a senior in high school so we're in the "college-applications-are-in-now-what?" season.
I do better in a social setting so a friend of mine and I have decided to support each other with the same eercise goals:
Run 1000 miles
10,000 push ups
10,000 sit ups (not as scary as itr sounds - only 23 a day of each !) I'll post how I'm doing ....
Rose - I really like your idea of at least 1 mile a day!!

I like to exercise - but need to work on my nutrition. My goal is 5 pounds a month, and want to complete at least 10 months. But I'm ready to take it one day at a time...

Happy New Year everyone!
Jude
the pushups sound scarier to me than the situps... those are wonderful goals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicklabs View Post
I definitely have some challenges coming up which will make it harder for me to watch every calorie. In February, I am having knee surgery, so that will mess up my exercise routine. By 31 Dec, I want to have lost 35 pounds (to add to the 49 I lost this year).

For January, I want to lose ONE pound. This means that I will have to maintain through the trip to Disney and cruise on the Dream, which will limit my exercise since I will be using an ECV. Just to maintain would be awesome, but I can fix damage from mid-month on.

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much for doing this. I know it will help me and will help me keep goals realistic.
maintaining is a good goal with disney involved... I am terrifed that I will gain oat the World/on the dream. When are you going? We will be there Jan 20-24th, then getting on the dream until the 27th

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeandstacismom View Post
OK now that I am off work I can make my intro post. My name is Jennifer. I work the night shift as a nurse. I have two amazing kids, my princess who is 3 and my 17 year old son who is my rock. We live in Florida, just 2.5 hours away from the Magic Kingdom. We have lived here 10 months now and have managed three trips there so far. I am hoping to get many more this year. OK at least 5 trips this year with our seasonal passes. That would be my fun fact about me. For my positive, I have been good today. My goal is to do 10,000 minutes of exercise this year. Sounds like a lot, but when you break it down it is only 23 minutes a day. So I did 30 minutes today. And that is with no sleep since I worked last night. I also did laundry, made some bread, and got my black eyed peas and greens for good luck So for a first day of the New Year I think I am doing pretty well.
Good job on the exercise! 30 mins a day is totally doable

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldcupmom View Post
PLEASE add me! I've been away WAY TOO LONG!!! And from my low in July, this morning I'm up 18 lbs. Stress, not caring about me, stress, health issues (panic attacks) I'm IN! I've got to get back my focus, motivation and belief that I AM worth it!

I"ll be updating my journal here soon for those that want the 'scoop'!

Hugs to all!!
Yes, you ARE worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnb0627 View Post
I just put the My Fitness Pal app on my phone after reading about it here!!!! It looks so easy I'm excited to use it so thank you for posting about it!!!!!

Yes, MFP is fantastic! I have been using it on/off since last january, but I am at my highest days in a row logged in now at 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Posting early, since I really need to get to work on time and I think I will run in the morning.

QOTD Wednesday, January 2, 2013

How often do you weigh/ get on the scale?

And you know it's coming--say something positive about yourself.
I definitely have to check in to this thread more than once a day or I will never get to respond to anybody

Here's my QOTD:

I weigh myself every morning. I know it's a bad habit to break, but I only track it on Monday mornings, and then I get my downward trend.

My postive for today is that it's Wednesday, and that means there are only 2 work days left after today
Old 01-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #182
sachiiiii
Earning My Ears

I have nothing to do at work today, so I finally have time to answer the questions:

Jan. 1 - Introduction
My name is Sachi, I'm 24, I live in TX and I just graduated from college. I'm getting married in May.
Positive: I'm very organized. I like to write lists. I like to shop for storage. I'm trying to finally organize my apartment. I let it become chaos while I was in school.

Jan. 2
I don't like to weigh myself very often. Usually once a month. So weighing myself every few days is going to be different. I used to say that I would weigh myself every Monday morning before eating breakfast, but then I'd forget.
Positive: I'm smart. I can say this now because I have degrees to back up the claim.

I ran/walked my own 5k yesterday morning to start the new year off right. I slept in this morning to give myself time to recover. Running in the cold and the wind was hard and it gave me that burning feeling in my throat. I think I'm going to have to start using the indoor track at the school if I want to start running farther and with no walking.
sachiiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #183
elyse43230
Is this real life? I feel funny...

Intro: My name is Shannon (but everyone calls me Elyse on here because of my username, that's my middle name). I am a long-time Britney Spears fan (I know right, it's like totally embarrassing to admit that!) so that explains my icon! People also tell me I look like her too (especially when I go blonde with my hair).

I'm 28... not married. High school English teacher in a rural school district. Oh and I live in OH-IO!

I'm going to Disney in June to celebrate my parent's 40th wedding anniversary. My dad is also retiring this year so it's such an amazing celebration of life in general!

Part of my weight loss goal is getting prepared for that trip. I went in June in 2012 and I was too heavy. It's one of those things where you look at your picture and cringe. I had a wonderful trip, but I want this next one to be even better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephd219 View Post
I would love to join!

QOTD:

My name is Stephanie, and I'm a 36 year old teacher. I have two little boys and a wonderful husband.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post
Hi

I am Fran. I am a remedial reading teacher in a suburb outside of Pittsburgh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RutgersAlum View Post
Hi, Michele, here. Combining a few QOTD's...
I'm 43 for a few more weeks, HS teacher, wife to terrific dh, mom to ds 11 & ds 7.
Hello to all my fellow teachers!

Quote:
Posting early, since I really need to get to work on time and I think I will run in the morning.

I weigh myself once a week.

Something positive: I make people laugh.

Disney Trips! June 2013 OKW June 2012 POFQ Feb 2009 POFQ July 2008 Epcot March 2008 5 Days POFQ April 2007 MK w/ Mom October 2001 Poly July 1993 MK August 1989 MK - 5 years old (Shannon gets her ears)
elyse43230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #184
elyse43230
Is this real life? I feel funny...

Need a little inspiration?

If you need a boost, something to make you feel inspired for 2013, here's a video from the beauty-blogger Kandee Johnson. She talks about how bad things in life can be used to lift you up!

http://youtu.be/1gR4hHRaTHE

She is an inspiration to me (taught me how to do make-up and in the process taught me to love myself).

Just wanted to share!

Disney Trips! June 2013 OKW June 2012 POFQ Feb 2009 POFQ July 2008 Epcot March 2008 5 Days POFQ April 2007 MK w/ Mom October 2001 Poly July 1993 MK August 1989 MK - 5 years old (Shannon gets her ears)
elyse43230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #185
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

Every day, I know I shouldn't but I do. LOL

Positive - I got up and dressed and got the kids to school on time.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #186
BernardandMissBianca
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

I always try to start the BL challenge with a Quote. Honestly I try to do it every day, but some days I fail. I hope to keep this up for these challenges.

This is the one we all seem to like as the lead in Quote so if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?!

the only place you'll find success before work is in the dictionary
Old 01-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #187
penguin1102
Mouseketeer

QOTD Jan 1st: My name is Jessica and I am 28 years old. Married to my DH for 3 years, no kids. I currently work at a bank and my husband is a full time student. I am looking to lose the weight once and for all so I think that this new monthly format is going to be really great.

QOTD Jan 2nd: When we lived in our apartment I used to weigh myself every morning, but now that we are living with my in-laws I try to weigh myself once a week. I hate the scale that they have though because it is one of those that spins to the number, kind of like a doctors office, and I have always had digital scales. I am joining WW on Saturday so I may try to just use that scale as my only weigh in.
penguin1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #188
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good Morning!

Two more days left in 2012.

Today we are going to talk some more about food. Tomorrow exercise and a bonus year end question.

QOTD December 30, 2012

You have weight watchers, nutrisystem, Dr. Oz, paleo, south beach, atkins, my fitness pal, etc. There are no shortage of ways to help you lose weight. I am a big believer in failing to plan is planning to fail.

So removing exercise from the equation (we will talk about that tomorrow) what is your plan?

Be as specific as you feel comfortable. Some of your fellow participants might get some good ideas.
I need to just start eating about a quarter less food than I do now....portion control I guess. More filling stuff like veggies and fruit. I need to clean the fridges badly, that'll help with leftover control-- right now it's just a scary place where food gets lost. I used to listen to live 365 on the computer when I did these things but now I'm not getting it-- it's really choppy anyway. Anyone know some decent radio websites with maybe a disney channel or 2. I really liked the park music one. I have to get back on my fitness pal.

Quote:
[SIZE="3"]QOTD Jan 1, 2013 (very weird to type that!)

1. We didn't do formal intros because I wanted to hit the ground running. Give us a quick intro and tell us something fun about yourself!

2. Don't forget your positive about yourself for the day.
[/SI

I'm Susan--I live in Oregon, I have a lot of cats, 2 grown kids and a husband over 20 years. I work at a grocery store, I'm about as liberal as you get--a fun fact about me is I've taken up skateboarding after about a 30 year hiatus lol. I lost 50 pounds a few years ago and have now gained about 25 pounds back-- I am in pretty good shape, I've been lifting weights a lot more in the last year. I just need more in my life that's fun that overpowers the fun of eating. I'm a big foodie. I've been extremely depressed and suicidal the last few years but am doing much better now with that. I just want to get back comfortably in my pants right now....
Quote:

And you know it's coming--say something positive about yourself.[/COLOR]
Quote:
I do better if I weigh myself every day. However-- remembering to do it first thing in the morning is another matter. I won't weigh myself otherwise.

Yay I'm finally caught up-- I hate doing that it is pretty confusing with all the quotes....I really want to stay caught up this time--that's another goal for me. Have a great day-- it looks like we have some sunshine here that intends to stick around.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #189
leeandstacismom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
I always try to start the BL challenge with a Quote. Honestly I try to do it every day, but some days I fail. I hope to keep this up for these challenges.

This is the one we all seem to like as the lead in Quote so if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?!

I absolutely adore your quotes!!! Where do you find them?

Just keep swimming
leeandstacismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #190
BernardandMissBianca
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeandstacismom

I absolutely adore your quotes!!! Where do you find them?
Pinterest, google, etc. I google motivational quotes, inspirational quotes, and running quotes.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
Old 01-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #191
helloirishkitty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post

This is very motivational! I made it my facebook status
Old 01-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #192
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

Blech! Nasty snow storm tonight, it took more than twice as long to get home super stressful drive. So no yoga for me tonight, I miss yoga, it's been a week. I never thought I would say I miss yoga- I think that's a good sign
Have a great night!
~Melinda
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #193
DisFam95
DIS Veteran

I'm back!! I'm Karen and struggled with my weight most of my life. I'm married w/ 2 boys 7 and 10. I was doing well last year and really making exercise a habit but starting in Aug/Sept I developed plantars warts on my feet yuck. Tried self treating and they got worse then had to go to the doctor and that was horrible but they are healing now. It effected my ability to walk normally they were so painful so workouts have been pretty non-existant since September and I've been sort of depressed about it. I missed it so much.

I've put on 10 pounds since Sept that's nuts!!!! I about passed out when I saw that.

My goal this month is 5 pounds. I figured I gained so much hopefully it will come off quick .

Gosh something positive is a hard thing for me - something I need to work on. At least today does not help since its my TOM and I get really for a couple days.

Positive: I go out of my way to help people at my work (I work w/ patients in a hospital).

I bought the Shred book by Dr Ian Smith and plan to read it this week and get some ideas.

I finally got on my tread mill today early tis morning and then my youngest started throwing up so there went my work out today. I'll try to sneak in some resistance when DH is home tonight.
Sum/74; Sum/78; Sum/82; Sum/87 Polynesian; Sum/93 Caribbean Beach; 8/95 Port Orleans - Honeymoon; 5/97; 8/99 Caribbean Beach; 9/01 Wilderness Lodge - became a DVC member!!!; 12/02; 1/04; 2/05; 2/06; 10/06; 5/08 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/11 Wildreness Lodge
Me DH DS12 DS8
DisFam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #194
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Too much going on to try to respond to everyone but I did read back. So to the new people, to the ongoing members and to everyone for a great day today!

Quote:

I am so excited to read that so many others weigh everyday. I know the experts say we are only "supposed" to weigh once a week but I really do like to see how I am doing each day. It helps me to make big or small adjustments daily and to evaluate what I have been doing. I do sometimes weigh at night too but not often. I have actually found that I am pretty consistently 2 pounds heavier before I go to bed than I am in first thing in the morning.

Positive: I am a cheerful person. No matter how I am feeling or what is going on I try to be sure to put on a big smile when I greet people or answer the phone at work.

It was great to be back at work today and see everyone. Of course it was busy trying to catch up on things but everyone was in a great mood and it was fun to hear about everyone's break.

I did make my goal of 5000 steps today, and in fact will have at least 6000 by the end of the day. Maybe I need to increase my goal? I will give it a week because today was kind of unusually busy so I may have trouble getting in as much walking around as I did today.

I was actually hungry today which I haven't really been in a few weeks. I had a few very small "meals" to see how my stomach was handling things. I am still having some issues but only eating a few bites at a time kept me from getting sick. DH is making Chicken Marsala for dinner and it smells great! Need to go set the table and make some zucchini to go with it.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #195
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

I'm just joining in. . .I will pm my weight in just a minute!

I need to lose probably about 20-25, but I would love to lose 10-15 before our upcoming trip! I really just want to get healthier so I have more energy! I do better when I am back at work (on Christmas Break now). I love break, but at work, I limit my calories better because I can only eat what I brought!

I am a weigh-everyday'er too! I agree with the poster who said it helps me monitor small daily adjustments I need to make!

A positive. . .I am outgoing and cheerful. One of my goals for 2013, though, is to be more positive with myself!

My goal for Jan is to lose 5 lbs! Looking forward to keeping myself accountable with this thread!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: