Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #151
stephd219
Mouseketeer

I would love to join!

QOTD:

My name is Stephanie, and I'm a 36 year old teacher. I have two little boys and a wonderful husband. I am at the heaviest I have ever been with about 15-20 lbs to lose. I'm scared because my weight keeps climbing, and with hypothyroidism, the weight comes off sloooowly. I am definitely an emotional eater, so I will be working on that.

One positive for today is that I'm done with excuses. Even if I don't drop a single pound, I WILL be healthier.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
stephd219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #152
Mary•Poppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
QOTD Jan 1, 2013 (very weird to type that!)

1. We didn't do formal intros because I wanted to hit the ground running. Give us a quick intro and tell us something fun about yourself!

2. Don't forget your positive about yourself for the day.

If you haven't had a chance yet, pm your starting weight and goal in the next day or so.

This is how it should look:

starting weight 150; goal 5 pounds

Maintainers: indicate your goal range (+/- 4 pounds) and how many weeks you would like to maintain along with your target weight.
Hi

I am Fran. I am a remedial reading teacher in a suburb outside of Pittsburgh. I have 3 boys and a wonderful husband. One son is a college freshman at Penn State and I have a high school senior who is going through the college search right now. He just found out he received a partial scholarship to his top pick. And my baby is turning 13 in 10 days.

Now, my husband is not a Disney fan ... however, we are having a contest to see who can lose the most weight and maintain it my June 1st. If I win .... he agreed to go to Disney and not complain! So help me out my Disney friends.

Positive: My reading kids have been doing great this year. Keeping me fingers crossed they practiced a bit over break.

Off to get ready for work tomorrow. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #153
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Posting early, since I really need to get to work on time and I think I will run in the morning.

QOTD Wednesday, January 2, 2013

How often do you weigh/ get on the scale?

And you know it's coming--say something positive about yourself.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #154
RutgersAlum
Mouseketeer

Hi, Michele, here. Combining a few QOTD's...
I'm 43 for a few more weeks, HS teacher, wife to terrific dh, mom to ds 11 & ds 7.

Goal for Jan, 3 lbs. Goal for 2013, start jogging again. Or moving in some regular fashion.

Fun Fact: I just came back from WDW today!! A last-minute trip to FL to support our alma mater (we lost ) then hit the parks for two crazy crowded but fun days

Good luck everyone!

ETA: My other goal is to resume regular MFP tracking!

RutgersAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #155
Mom2aJessieGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I actually look forward to stepping on the scale these days! Even when I am not seeing the number go down, it's very encouraging to see them stay around the same number! I typically weigh 3-4 times a week.
WDW (Dolphin/FW) February 2014; WDW (POP) March 2013 (F&G);WDW (ASsp) January 2013;WDW (POFQ/FW) May 2012 (SWW); WDW (FW) February 2012; WDW (POFQ) November-December 2011 (MVMCP); WDW (POFQ/FW) February 2011; DLR (GCH) August 2010; WDW (WL) Spring 2002; WDW (WL) August 1997; WDW (WL) July 1994; DLR (DLH) Mid 90's; WDW July-August 1991; WDW March 1989; And a couple more for good measure!
Mom2aJessieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #156
CollieMom
Earning My Ears

I'm Melissa - 41 yo, married to the most marvelous man in the world, and in the midst of a career change - will be graduating from Culinary school in May if all goes well! Of course, I'm not 100% sure what I want to do when I graduate yet.

My positive thought is I finally feel very motivated to finally do something about my weight - it's a different feeling this time around.
CollieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #157
tinkerbye
Mouseketeer

Hi all,
I'm Victoria and am joining in with a goal of five pounds for the month and sixty for the year. I live in NYC and work as a dresser at Phantom of the Opera. ( That means I change people's clothes really fast) I'm walking the Princess marathon this year with the goal of not getting swept. I ran a triathon two years ago and didn't finish last so I think this is totally doable for me.
Food goals are to eat heathy, whole foods as unprocessed as possible
Excersize goal to be active thirty minutes a day doing something not involved with work

My positive for the day is that I'm smaller then I was last year.
tinkerbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #158
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

Hi! Here we go...I've fallen a bit behind (already!), so I'm diving in with the Jan 1 QOTD.

QOTD Jan 1 - I'm Liz, I'm 40, and I'm a maintainer at long last. I have struggled with my weight since I was in middle school, and I made lifetime with WW back in 2000. Then I had my beautiful girls and had a hard time with big weight gains in both pregnancies. Back to WW, and I got all but the last 20+ off. This time last year, I'd had enough, and I joined my first BL challenge. That, coupled with a doubled-down effort at WW, and I got back to my pre-kids, wedding weight. It felt *amazing.*

In the course of all that, I got a wild hair and decided to start running - something I'd never done and never imagined I would do. I started with a Couch to 5K app on my iPhone. I got a few weeks in and then cracked a toe badly (not while running, just a klutzy move). I was sidelined for 2 months with that and dove back into the C25K in late May. I ran the ToT 10-miler at the end of September and am now a week and a half away from my first half marathon, the WDW Half! I'm signed up for another half in April and have two more on my radar for 2013. Sometimes I can't quite believe this is me now.

December was rough for me, maintenance-wise, and I'm sitting at the top of my maintenance range. So my goal for this month is to work off those extra few pounds I've been carrying these past few weeks and get solidly back to goal again. And, oh yes, complete that half marathon.

Positive: I am a very organized person with a talent for organizing spaces and stuff.

QOTD Jan 2 - I know I shouldn't. I really do know that. But I pop on every morning. It's habit more than obsession, and I guess I find the fluctuations interesting relative to how I'm feeling (bloated, etc.).

Positive: I'm a great mommy. I'm not the perfect mommy, but I love those girls like nobody's business, and they know it.

Happy 2013, everyone! Let's rock this thing.

XO
Liz

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:56 AM   #159
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

Couldn't sleep so I popped on so I will answer my QOTD #2

I don't usually step on the scale at home. I have a monthly doctor's appt. I will weigh myself now once a week for this challenge.

Positive about me: I recently had to stop my pain patch due to a weird reaction after a being on it for almost a year. I had to adjust to no extra pain meds cold turkey. So far so good. No new meds and I am maintaining on the equivalent of 1/3 of what I was taking.
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:15 AM   #160
Missypyxi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike
Posting early, since I really need to get to work on time and I think I will run in the morning.

QOTD#1 if you had asked me 3 months ago, I would have said never ever ever! Now I weigh myself almost every day. I know it should be once a week but its really encouraging to see the number go down!

Something positive about myself is that I try to always think positively. I can see the bright side easily, and I am always grateful for the little things. My dad taught me that no matter how bad I think I have it, someone else out there has it far worse, so I try to keep that perspective. Even if I'm not dropping pounds like I think I should be, I am running. I can run, I can walk, I have food and water available any time u need it. I have everything I need in life and I'm so grateful for that!

FairyDawn on Etsy
Missypyxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:33 AM   #161
fitgirl36
DIS Veteran

Good morning!

I treadmilled this morning and now have to go get ready for work, but I thought I would check in.

QOTD Jan 2: I weigh myself every morning. Well with the exception of over the holidays,I ignored the scale!

My positive for today, I got up bright and early at 4:30am so I could get my workout in for the day, I really do prefer to get it over with in the morning although it is soooo early!

Jill, I saw your post about where you live, I have friends in the Hubbard and Cortland areas of Ohio. Are you anywhere near Kranyak's? We've been there a few times during past Christmas seasons.
fitgirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:55 AM   #162
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Good morning! I updated the first post.
Please take a second and make sure your name is there. I entered 46 people over the last two days and want to make sure every one who pm'd me is there. It is not too late to join. Just send me a pm with your starting weight and goal for the month.

Quote:

I weigh every single day unless we are traveling. Morning and Night. Is that too much? Maybe--the night part at least. But it truly keeps me on track. I understand that there are fluctuations. I now know that after a long run (10 miles or more) I will probably be up for a couple of days, among other things.

I have found that if I don't weigh every day I get complacent. I need the reminder to keep toeing the line and to keep my eye on my goals. It works for me, but it may not work for you. Everyone is different in what they feel comfortable with.

Positive for the day: I am good at my job, even though I got here in a very round about way. I handle all the incoming donations for the non-profit I work for and manage the donor database. My degree is in social work but I have not worked as a social worker since my son was little. I am not a numbers person, but I love excel, so this job works for me since it involves managing lots of data.

Welcome to all the new folks! We are happy to have you.

The next couple of days are going to be a little crazy for me. I have been off since December 20, and I know I am going back to a bunch of end of the year donations. Which is awesome, but will make me a little crazy for a bit.

I am headed to the gym after work for a 50 min strength class and to run my mile for the day. I will try to pop in tonight, but if I don't, have a great Wednesday!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:59 AM   #163
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

I still need one coach for January:

January 18-24

If you are interested, please let me know. Coaches check in on the thread. Comment on how folks are doing and ask a question of the day. It's a lot of fun and folks find they usually lose a bunch that week because they are pretty focused on healthy living.

Please send me a PM if you are interested.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #164
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

Quote:

Oh gosh I know I shouldn't, but I weigh in every day. As soon as I wake up and right after the first morning bathroom visit.

Hmm.. I've discovered doing all this that I'm a lot stronger than I give myself credit for. I'm willing to push just a little bit more.

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:30 AM   #165
coffeecassie
Earning My Ears

I only weigh in when I'm feeling heavier or more slender than usual, but my weight usually stays in a 5lb +/- range.
Positive- I am a good Mom, and my daughter is safe and loved at our house!
coffeecassie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: