WDW: 2009 (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Disneyland CA: 2013 (HoJo Anaheim)

Join the best darn May/June 2013 DLR Trip Planning Thread! Click HERE

ColoradoLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #137
leeandstacismom
Mouseketeer

Intro

OK now that I am off work I can make my intro post. My name is Jennifer. I work the night shift as a nurse. I have two amazing kids, my princess who is 3 and my 17 year old son who is my rock. We live in Florida, just 2.5 hours away from the Magic Kingdom. We have lived here 10 months now and have managed three trips there so far. I am hoping to get many more this year. OK at least 5 trips this year with our seasonal passes. That would be my fun fact about me. For my positive, I have been good today. My goal is to do 10,000 minutes of exercise this year. Sounds like a lot, but when you break it down it is only 23 minutes a day. So I did 30 minutes today. And that is with no sleep since I worked last night. I also did laundry, made some bread, and got my black eyed peas and greens for good luck So for a first day of the New Year I think I am doing pretty well.

Just keep swimming
leeandstacismom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #138
goldcupmom
BL6 Black Team Co-captain
My dog can't hold it's licker!
One day at a time one step at a time one bite at a time!

PLEASE add me! I've been away WAY TOO LONG!!! And from my low in July, this morning I'm up 18 lbs. Stress, not caring about me, stress, health issues (panic attacks) I'm IN! I've got to get back my focus, motivation and belief that I AM worth it!

I"ll be updating my journal here soon for those that want the 'scoop'!

Hugs to all!!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain
goldcupmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #139
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

Wow, this thread can get a bit overwhelming. It is nice to meet all of you and I hope to remember a few names by the end of the month.

I missed fun fact: My fun fact today is that I have been given the opportunity to live a wonderful life through my family. Today I will concentrate on my daughter...

She has been in the Macy's Day Parade and the camera chose her as their focus point so we saw her through most of the performance. She was opening act and a Santa's helper. She roamed the huge Macy's store in between when it was closed and met many celebrities.

DD also marched in the St. Patrick's Day parade NYC, performed in Canada in their original Octoberfest parade, danced with the Moscow Ballet and Pittsburgh Ballet in the Nutcracker, and danced down Main Street Disney not once but twice. She is blessed and I am just as blessed to accompany her!

My fun fact: DD's can be great friends when you need them as long as your their parent first!!
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #140
cclovesdis
Warning: Boring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
Hey cclovesdis, have you tried Clinque make up? It works great for a lot of people with skin allergies. Also, their yellow soap is great for washing " itchy " areas. Good luck
I havenít. Iíve been really reluctant to try anything lately. I have a big meeting I am leading next week at work and I was hoping to wear some makeup that day. Iíve already decided to go out this weekend to search for makeup once I have the results of the testing. Thanks for the suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Good luck with the allergy testing CC.
Thanks! My upper back is currently covered with 3 groups of patches for a total of 29 different tests. I am so itchy. The nurse was really sweet and mentioned that often it is the tape that makes people so itchy and not an allergic reaction. I really found that helpful because I knew I wouldn't be so worried-and I'm not. Unfortunately, the dermatologist is pretty sure something is causing the rashes I have. She kept saying she hopes this testing ďgives us some answers.Ē I canít tell you how much I want her to be right. Iíll know for sure on Friday afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiiiii View Post
I'm planning on being gluten-free in January. Every time I complain about being tired or my skin breaking out (which is all the time for both), I'm told that it's because I have too much gluten in my diet. So I'm just going to cut it out for a month, see if there are any changes, and if there are I'll keep going with it.
Good luck! There is gluten in all sorts of things. Someone here suggested that I use food manufacturerís websites to find complete lists of their GF products. Those lists made my first few months of grocery shopping so much easier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
Count me in however I am going to have tone creative with my goals....tripped going up some stairs Friday and broke my arm
Will have to have surgery this week on it
I fractured a bone in my foot a few years ago. I couldnít exercise (you should have seen the look on my doctorís face when I asked him if I could ), but I lost weight while it was healing. I watched what I ate and I kept myself busy doing anything else I could. The support here was also amazing!

Quote:
QOTD December 31, 2012

1. What is your exercise plan for this month? Do you have long term goals? I read something that said that women over 40 need 60 minutes of cardio a day. Which is overwhelming. And who knows if it is even true. But I do believe we need some form of exercise to lose weight and to stay healthy.

2. When we find ourselves in that position of needing to lose (in my case, again) it is easy to be negative and get down on ourselves. To play the shoulda, woulda, coulda game and to call ourselves all kinds of not nice things.
Starting today and for the entire month of January, I want you to say something positive about yourself. I would prefer that it not be--I am a good wife, mom, sister, cousin, aunt, etc. You can say it in a post, or just say it in your head or write it down in a journal, but I want you to make a conscious effort to say something good every day for a month. And if all you got for that day is I am a good Mom, then that's good enough.
I know I need to increase my exercise to lose the 50+ pounds I need to lose. However, I also know I need to slowly return to exercising. My plan is to start on Saturday, possibly Friday depending on a few factors. I will know so much more once I go back to work tomorrow.

Positive: I care about myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLime View Post
I Zumba!! It's so much fun and a killer workout!
Same here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
Never Give Up!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
1. I hope to restart C25K this month but I set my minutes goal to a modest 500 because I still can't take a deep breath without coughing.
Long term goal is the WISH Princess 1/2 in 2014. That is my primary long term fitness goal. I also don't have a set time for that, I just want to finish upright and not get swept.

ETA: I also plan to do 30 day shred and or yoga on my days off of C25K.

2. I am worth the effort.
Iím right here with you on all of this! I would love to run the Princess Ĺ in 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloirishkitty View Post
I was also diagnosed with celiac disease, and since going gluten-free, I feel like a completely different person and have so much more energy.
I am gluten intolerant. I had multiple tests for CD and they were all negative. With a lot of support from here and from my gastroenterologist (and now my allergist too), I decided that I feel much better being GF. I am likely allergic to oats as well. I noticed having so much more energy too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
New friends.....so nice to have you all here. This is a WONDERFUL way to start the first day of the rest of your (healthier) life!
ITA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
Ok third try

Has anyone used a fitbit or body media monitor? Want to get one but not sure which....
I have a fitbit one. I love it! I bought it around Thanksgiving and I am finding it so helpful. I bought the more expensive one because I wanted the sleep data. I love the pedometer data even more! If you have a smartphone, you can link it to MFP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDIPIAZZ View Post
Count me in! I am really looking forward to 2013 and moving closer to my long-term healthy goals.

After a excessively crappy 2011, I was VERY happy with 2012. I

1. lost 115 pounds
2. dropped A1c from 7.3 to 5.5
3. dropped cholesterol from 207 to 172
4. eliminated back pain despite 2 herniated discs
5. now look forward to exercise - walking, Zumba, swimming and even the elliptical
6. went from size 4x/30-32 to size XL-1X/14-16
7. am no longer morbidly obese
8. no longer dread going to the doctor
9. enjoy just plain leaving the house again

I'm looking forward to moving to Onederland in 2013 and from "obese" to "overweight" and even to "normal".

For January, I'd love to lose 8 pounds and get away from the 200's for-evah! I think that might be a bit ambitious, so I'm going to shoot for 5.
Congratulations!

Quote:
QOTD Jan 1, 2013 (very weird to type that!)

1. We didn't do formal intros because I wanted to hit the ground running. Give us a quick intro and tell us something fun about yourself!

2. Don't forget your positive about yourself for the day.
Iíll start with my positive. I woke up feeling rested despite not going to bed until sometime around 2 PM. I ate a good lunch too.

Intro: My name is Christina. Only work uses my full name. My extended relatives usually go with ďyou.Ē LOL. My parents and everyone here calls me CC (like see-see). Those are my initials and so much shorter. I have been struggling with my weight since I was six or seven. My First Communion picture is awful. In high school and college, I was at a healthy weight and felt great. Sometime during my second year of teaching, I started gaining weight and have lost and gained and lost and gained since then (early 2008). I am 28 and work in quality. I do a lot of data and specification analysis.

Fun fact: I used to play the clarinet and while I was good at that, I canít sing-at all. I am decently good at communicating in French. Iím a talker too.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #141
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrhpd View Post
Hi,

I am a 53 year old too fat, married mom, non-profit worker.

My goal is to lose 10lbs this month, a lofty goal, but I am doing Atkins and on previous tries, the first month always seems to be a big drop.

I know it is cliche, but I am trying to change my perspective from being on a diet to changing my lifestyle. I had a wakeup call with several gastro surgeries last year, so, I need to get healthy.

I asked for and received a Fitbit One for Christmas and I LOVE it. So, along with my lb goal, I have also set a goal of 10,000 steps and 140 flights of stairs a week.

I use Sparkpeople on the computer and phone that links to my Fitbit.

Hoping with all these supports in place, I will finally achieve that healthy lifestyle I so crave.
It really is about making it a lifestyle change. Enjoy that Fitbit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofdjc View Post
Hi I'm Reenie. I'm 42 years old wife and mother of 3. I work full-time in benefits accounting. Something fun about me - I attended over 100 baseball games last year sometimes up to 3 in one day.

My positive for the day - I started tracking what I'm eating and exercised today.
Great job getting started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeandstacismom View Post
OK now that I am off work I can make my intro post. My name is Jennifer. I work the night shift as a nurse. I have two amazing kids, my princess who is 3 and my 17 year old son who is my rock. We live in Florida, just 2.5 hours away from the Magic Kingdom. We have lived here 10 months now and have managed three trips there so far. I am hoping to get many more this year. OK at least 5 trips this year with our seasonal passes. That would be my fun fact about me. For my positive, I have been good today. My goal is to do 10,000 minutes of exercise this year. Sounds like a lot, but when you break it down it is only 23 minutes a day. So I did 30 minutes today. And that is with no sleep since I worked last night. I also did laundry, made some bread, and got my black eyed peas and greens for good luck So for a first day of the New Year I think I am doing pretty well.
Great goal for the year! And great job getting started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldcupmom View Post
PLEASE add me! I've been away WAY TOO LONG!!! And from my low in July, this morning I'm up 18 lbs. Stress, not caring about me, stress, health issues (panic attacks) I'm IN! I've got to get back my focus, motivation and belief that I AM worth it!

I"ll be updating my journal here soon for those that want the 'scoop'!

Hugs to all!!
Hi Julie! We are doing things a little different, similar to the exercise challenge. Pm me your starting weight and your goal in pounds for the month of January. If you have questions the first two posts should clear things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker'n'Fun View Post
Wow, this thread can get a bit overwhelming. It is nice to meet all of you and I hope to remember a few names by the end of the month.
No one should get overwhelmed by the thread. There are just lots of folks excited about healthy living in January! Just read when you can. I post lots of reminders so you shouldn't miss anything important. And if you have a question just post it and someone will usually jump in and answer it pretty quickly.

Hope you find something out that helps you to feel better CC.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #142
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

What a super idea! I'll definitely play!

I definitely have some challenges coming up which will make it harder for me to watch every calorie. In February, I am having knee surgery, so that will mess up my exercise routine. By 31 Dec, I want to have lost 35 pounds (to add to the 49 I lost this year).

For January, I want to lose ONE pound. This means that I will have to maintain through the trip to Disney and cruise on the Dream, which will limit my exercise since I will be using an ECV. Just to maintain would be awesome, but I can fix damage from mid-month on.

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much for doing this. I know it will help me and will help me keep goals realistic.

I've eaten at 66 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (27%)
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #143
jbm02
DIS Veteran

Quote:

1. We didn't do formal intros because I wanted to hit the ground running. Give us a quick intro and tell us something fun about yourself!

Hi! I'm Jude, and I've "started" several BL challenges - and lost steam halfway through. I was doing great in the last one - and then my National Guard unit was called up for Operation Sandy and I spent 4-5 weeks in Staten Island - working 15 hours a day, the DIS was blocked by the Army firewall , no access to gym (and too tired!) and eating Army carb-loading food. I promptly gained back everything I lost, and then some. So, time to start again.
I have an incredible husband, and two great kids. My DS is a senior in high school so we're in the "college-applications-are-in-now-what?" season.
I do better in a social setting so a friend of mine and I have decided to support each other with the same eercise goals:
Run 1000 miles
10,000 push ups
10,000 sit ups (not as scary as itr sounds - only 23 a day of each !) I'll post how I'm doing ....
Rose - I really like your idea of at least 1 mile a day!!

I like to exercise - but need to work on my nutrition. My goal is 5 pounds a month, and want to complete at least 10 months. But I'm ready to take it one day at a time...

Happy New Year everyone!
Jude

1976 CR, 1980 Poly, 1991 Yacht Club (honeymoon), 1997 POFQ, 2001 AsSp, 2001 CS (10th Anniversary), 2002 CR, 2003 SOG, 2004 SOG, 2006 SOG/Double Dip on the Magic to the western Caribbean, 2009 CBR/Double Dip on the Magic, 2011 POP for the PRINCESS HALF MARATHON
jbm02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #144
Kbella's mom
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone! I am Kristina. My family loves to travel. I have a DS13 and DD6. I am in the process of separating from my DH of 25 years, so stress eating has really put on the weight!
Something positive...hmm...well, I love my new hairstyle!
Kbella's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #145
Kbella's mom
Earning My Ears

I don't have enough posts to PM, so my goal for January is 5 lbs. Thanks!
Kbella's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #146
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbella's mom View Post
I don't have enough posts to PM, so my goal for January is 5 lbs. Thanks!
I will put you in the spreadsheet, but I need your starting weight too. When you have 10 posts, send me a pm.

Hi Jude! So nice to see you! Thanks for all that you did during Hurricane Sandy. You have some awesome goals for 2013!

Welcome Quicklabs!

Ok everyone, just about done for the day.

I work tomorrow. So I will post a QOTD, but will not have a lot of time for replies. If you need something, send me a pm and I will check in the evening.

It is not too late to sign up, just send me a pm with your starting weight and goal!

Happy New Year! Have a happy, healthy Wednesday!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #147
coffeecassie
Earning My Ears

QOTD Jan 1

Hi! I'm Cassie, 34 yo mom to dd 9. I used to be one of those annoying people who could eat everything they wanted without gaining a pound, but then I gained 60 pounds while I was pregnant with dd and only lost half of it after she was born. I am hoping to take some of the weight off before our annual Mother/Daughter Disney trip in May, for the sake of my bum knees.
Fun Fact- I am a full time Barista (professional espresso/ coffee maker). I LOVE all things coffee, and I love my job! 13 years, and I still look forward to going to work every day!
Positive thought- I have a good sense of humor and I'm quick to make those around me laugh.
coffeecassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #148
Melissahac99
Earning My Ears

My name is Melissa and am a mostly SAHM to 5 yr old and 2 yr old boys. I am an oncology RN that works a couple nights a month. I have lost about 30 lbs so far since my DS #2 was born. I started running and ran my first 5K in Oct.

My long term goal is to lose 50 more lbs. My goal for Jan is 5 lbs.

Something positive? I got on the treadmill and ran for the first time today since the beginning of Nov! It felt amazing. I was huffing and puffing but I did it. My next 5K is March 17 so the pressure is on.
Melissahac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #149
Mom2aJessieGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
QOTD December 31, 2012

1. What is your exercise plan for this month? Do you have long term goals? I read something that said that women over 40 need 60 minutes of cardio a day. Which is overwhelming. And who knows if it is even true. But I do believe we need some form of exercise to lose weight and to stay healthy.

2. When we find ourselves in that position of needing to lose (in my case, again) it is easy to be negative and get down on ourselves. To play the shoulda, woulda, coulda game and to call ourselves all kinds of not nice things.
Starting today and for the entire month of January, I want you to say something positive about yourself. I would prefer that it not be--I am a good wife, mom, sister, cousin, aunt, etc. You can say it in a post, or just say it in your head or write it down in a journal, but I want you to make a conscious effort to say something good every day for a month. And if all you got for that day is I am a good Mom, then that's good enough.

1. Well...I bit the bullett and hired a personal trainer. I LOVE her. A friend of mine signed up with me so we go once a week together. She's a great motivator and I am so happy she asked me to do this with her!

I also am going to try a weekly circuit class in addition to my cardio. I'd love to be a runner, someday. I still really want a Disney medal!

2. I feel like I am a lot better about saying motivational things instead of negative things about myself. Especially since I've seen the proof that I can do this!

Quote:

1. My name is Christy and I am a southern gal who is freezing to death in Michigan! I head south every chance I get...and I wouldn't have it any other way. I could live off of good barbecue and bacon...fortunately those are both on the diet!
WDW (Dolphin/FW) February 2014; WDW (POP) March 2013 (F&G);WDW (ASsp) January 2013;WDW (POFQ/FW) May 2012 (SWW); WDW (FW) February 2012; WDW (POFQ) November-December 2011 (MVMCP); WDW (POFQ/FW) February 2011; DLR (GCH) August 2010; WDW (WL) Spring 2002; WDW (WL) August 1997; WDW (WL) July 1994; DLR (DLH) Mid 90's; WDW July-August 1991; WDW March 1989; And a couple more for good measure!
Mom2aJessieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #150
camnhan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrhpd
Hi,

I am a 53 year old too fat, married mom, non-profit worker.

My goal is to lose 10lbs this month, a lofty goal, but I am doing Atkins and on previous tries, the first month always seems to be a big drop.

I know it is cliche, but I am trying to change my perspective from being on a diet to changing my lifestyle. I had a wakeup call with several gastro surgeries last year, so, I need to get healthy.

I asked for and received a Fitbit One for Christmas and I LOVE it. So, along with my lb goal, I have also set a goal of 10,000 steps and 140 flights of stairs a week.

I use Sparkpeople on the computer and phone that links to my Fitbit.

Hoping with all these supports in place, I will finally achieve that healthy lifestyle I so crave.
I can't wait to hear what you think of the fitbit!! Have been researching that and body media monitor and can't decide.... Like the fact that you can wear itinerary your bra so it is not as obvious but not sure how accurate it will be
camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: