Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #31
Mickey3Boys
Aarrgg mi mousies!!!

Boarding Times Now Available

Boarding times are now avail on Disney Site. Unfortunately, times left were later than I wanted and an hour after hotel checkout, so guess we'll be sitting for at least an hour with our bags Got our excursion booked though, so super excited!!!

PS- We are in for fish extenders! I have a fun idea!!! And got an extender ordered from a friend.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #32
nycemschic
Earning My Ears

Not to sound spoiled--- but we've been to Cozumel and GC twice before. The one excursion we were most looking forward to isn't available on this cruise :-(

We wanted to go to the secret river cave thingy. So bummed. We even looked into doing it aside from Disney (booking it on our own) but bc it's on the mainland, they can't guarantee we'll make it back to the ship in time :-(
nycemschic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #33
Mickey3Boys
Aarrgg mi mousies!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycemschic View Post
Not to sound spoiled--- but we've been to Cozumel and GC twice before. The one excursion we were most looking forward to isn't available on this cruise :-(

We wanted to go to the secret river cave thingy. So bummed. We even looked into doing it aside from Disney (booking it on our own) but bc it's on the mainland, they can't guarantee we'll make it back to the ship in time :-(
I hate that you can't do the one that you want! I am a little disappointed that we don't have full days at the ports of call, so we won't get to do everything we want. But, I've got some fun stuff lined up! Here is a link for some really cool excursions in Cozumel (some are a little out-of-the-box in a good way): http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/
In Grand Cayman my favorites are turtle farm, snorkeling, dolphin swim, and rum point. There are good ones on the Disney Excursions too.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #34
MBluvsthemagic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey3Boys View Post

Boarding times are now avail on Disney Site. Unfortunately, times left were later than I wanted and an hour after hotel checkout, so guess we'll be sitting for at least an hour with our bags Got our excursion booked though, so super excited!!!

PS- We are in for fish extenders! I have a fun idea!!! And got an extender ordered from a friend.
Great I will put you down for fish extenders. I am organizing the list. Could you send me a private message with your information and cabin number please.
MBluvsthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #35
MBluvsthemagic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliberryca View Post
Hi, we are so excited to take our first cruise! My son is five and way more excited for this trip than when we went to Disneyland last year. Looking forward to learning about fish extenders, etc.
I am organizing the list for fish extenders. Could you please send me your information via a private message including your cabin number. I will be finalizing the list the week before we sail.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #36
MBluvsthemagic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingdisneyfan1 View Post
First post of the March 23, 2013 cruise meet on the Disney Magic! Who's going to be on this cruise?
Are you interested in being included in fish extenders? if so please send me your information for the list via a private message as I am organizing the data so everyone can have a list of what cabins to treat.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:03 AM   #37
kathiae
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBluvsthemagic View Post
My husband and I will be on this cruise. It is our 7th cruise. Fish extenders are an exchange that people take part in and place door hangers on their doors. As we have more posts we will need someone to gather the information of who wants to participate and their state room numbers. Then a week before we sail send out the final tally so people can do their final preparations for the gifts, souveneirs or items to exchange. We have received a variety of items from homemade gifts to unique souveneirs. It is great fun. Then during the cruise each person has their list and we sneak around and place our gifts into the door hangers. It is quite fun. I will be glad to compile the list and I will check in often. We will need to find out how many want to participate. Then later next month February we will choose a cut off date. So here it is. Who wants to participate in fish extenders let me know. I need to know how many adults male/female how many children male/female and ages. Also if you know your stateroom number that is helpful but you can give me that info as we get closer to sailing. Who is up for fish extenders?????
This is our second time on the Magic. We are super excited to go again! Thanks for organizing the Fish Extenders - can you please PM me with an email? We'd like to participate, but alas - I'm blocked by the 10 post requirement first. At least this post should count as 1
kathiae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #38
chacha29
Earning My Ears

Hi there. We would like to participate in the fish extenders on the Magic sailing March 23. We are 2 adults (1 male/1 female) and 2 children (1 male/1 female). My name is Michelle McBurney, our stateroom number is 1047. Anything else you need from me? Very excited. This is our 2nd Disney cruise this year!!
chacha29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #39
chacha29
Earning My Ears

Hi there

I would like to be added to the list for the Magic sailing on March 23. We are a family of four, Me, my husband and my 2 children, one boy and one girl. Our stateroom is 1047. McBurney Family. Do you need anything else from me?

Michelle
Old 02-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #40
chacha29
Earning My Ears

Hi Leah
I can't send you a message until I have 10 posts? Thank you for the reply. I can't seem to find the facebook page? Help? I have a 7yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy. So happy to be on the fish extender list, we thought they were so neat. Now to come up with something...

Michelle
Old 02-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #41
fraysertruckie
Earning My Ears

Hi, sign us up. Mom & dad and two boys 9 & 4.....stateroom #: 6014
fraysertruckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #42
chacha29
Earning My Ears

cant find fb page

hey again. do i need to be invited to the group on fb? when i do a search it is still not coming up. sorry to be a bother?
Old 02-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #43
Mickey3Boys
Aarrgg mi mousies!!!

No, it's an open group. No one else has joined yet, though. Try searching Disney Magic and see if you see it-with our date after. Try this: http://m.facebook.com/groups/352848008162083

PS- You can pay for your tips ahead of time. I did today- $360 for a family of 5! WOW!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #44
Mickey3Boys
Aarrgg mi mousies!!!

Tips from Scapbookmama74:

What didn't I know on our First Disney Cruise??? I feel like I could publish a book about what I didn't know!

1. The doors are magnetic and lots of people decorate their doors.

2. PACK LESS!!!

3. Fish Extenders...didn't know about this one until our THIRD cruise! I hadn't yet discovered the DIS.

4. Bring an over the door shoe organizer with clear pockets...you will be amazed at the stuff that you put in it, and it really keeps the clutter down.

5. You can order Mickey Ice Cream bars from Room service...yummo!

6. You can't do everything...don't even try!

7. Bring different colored highlighters for each member of the family to mark up the navigators. Take a few minutes the night before to pick out a few things that each of you might want to do the next day.

8. That my oldest would not LOVE the clubs...she tolerated them but would rather swim all day long.

9. That you can request a specific server (doesn't help really on a first cruise, but you can ask for recommendations)

10. You can bring something to Guest Services to have signed by the characters...our pillowcases from our 2nd cruise are amazing!

11. Plan to purchase the photo CD, and "exploit" the photographers! Our dds on our most recent cruise treated the photographers like their own personal paparazzi, and we came home with over 350 photos from a 7 night cruise...its a bargain if you use it right!

12. Formal night is an awesome opportunity, so packing the formal wear is worth it. When else are you going to get all glamorous and take a family photo?

13. Don't rush to get to dinner each night...there is usually a line outside, waiting to get in. Why wait? Arrive a few minutes later and walk right in!

14. Don't go to the pool deck buffet (Topsiders or Cabanas) upon arriving, instead, go to the sit down restaurant to eat. It is still a buffet, with servers to bring you drinks, but is less hectic, and then you get to interact with CMs right away!

15. Arrive early for shows...really...and if you miss a show, its OK!

16. Seeing a movie onboard is pretty darn cool...took us 5 cruises before we made it, but it was fun! I might not do it every time.

17. Pirate night is fun...LOTS of people get totally dressed up, so don't feel silly getting all pirate-y.

18. Photos with characters is NOTHING like the parks. There is a minimal line, and many of the characters will interact with your children (and you!). Be sure to take the time. And, many times you will find characters just "roaming". One of our best memories is of our dd, 8, meeting Ariel (her favorite) on Deck 5, near the kids clubs, just walking with no one else around. My dd was in awe, and was able to talk to Ariel for about 10 minutes uninterrupted. It was so cool!

19. Pack LESS than you think...did I already say that? I MEAN it! lol

20. If you can, visit Serenity Bay on Castaway Cay. It's lovely, and the food down there is a little different than at Cookies (the Mahi mahi is awesome!)

21. There is a 5K on Castaway Cay...I had no clue. We have walked it twice, and gotten certificates, bibs, and medals for doing it. Its free and a FUN way to check out part of CC.

22. The mixology classes offered onboard are not to be missed, if you like to drink (even a little). It is a bargain, and the bartenders are usually a ton of fun!

I'm sure there are things that I'm forgetting. But, you are already ahead of the game, as you have found the DIS!

Don't stress...its a vacation! And, have an amazing time!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #45
MBluvsthemagic
Earning My Ears

Love the list!

Thank you! This is our seventh cruise and the info was quite helpful.Some I know but the highlighters is a great idea! I just finished making the gifts for the fish extenders. I hope everyone enjoys them. I hope the kids likes theirs. We are getting close now. Is ther more chatting going on at Facebook???????

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: