Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #31
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422 View Post
Hi Ro Z - just wondering about BOG. I know it is quick service and doesn't take reservations at lunch, how long did you wait?
HI!
We were lucky enough to stumble upon a preview day in Nov. They weren't announcing that it was open so we had no wait. We didn't try again in Dec when it was officially open. Sorry I can't help!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #32
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422

How was your dinner at BOG on NYE??
I have mixed feelings. The restaurant is beautiful. Really beautiful. We were seated in the music box room which is not normally used for dinner. I was glad because the other rooms were very noisy. We walked through the other dining rooms to check out the decor.

There was 3 of us. I had the pork chop, one had the salmon and one had the steak. The steak was not that good, the pork chop was decent, the salmon was nice. We got 3 different desserts too. I know I had the passion fruit and it was the favorite of the 3. The grey stuff was fun-served for the birthday girl in our party.

I thought the food was better than I had expected. The service was terrible. Although our server was very friendly it took 45 minutes after she cleared our plates to bring our bill. The music box room is a long way from the kitchen so I know she had long walks but that's a long time to wait for a bill.

I will go again. I hope the service is just growing pains. The food was pretty good for park fare. The wine was awful (we each got a different one) but I figured they don't want anyone enjoying it too much anyway!!!
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #33
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmom View Post
I would choose Sanaa.

While we love Jiko (especially for the atmosphere) -- I was somewhat disappointed with our entrees last week. The server, while wonderful, highly suggested the prawns.... and they were just so-so. Part of one was downright mushy. I didn't want to say anything - we were dining with our teenage boys and having a really nice time with them... just didn't want to spoil the mood.

Dinner for the four of us was very expensive. Two appys, four entrees, 3 glasses of wine, and 3 desserts - with tip was $350. For that I expect to be blown away - and we simply weren't

We did Sanaa last year and were very, very pleased. I kind of forgot about it for this trip, but next time will choose Sanaa over Jiko.
Thanks for the input, although I've always loved Jiko I was really upset when they took my very favorite salad off the menu (the tomato, cucumber with the watermelon dressing). After looking at Sanaa's menu again I am leaning towards that. My dd is the only issue, she's 14 and can still be apprehensive trying new things, worst case is she'd order from the kid's menu. Anything you highly recommend at Sanaa? Another question, can you view the savannah from the restaurant? If so can you see would you recommend going during lunch hours instead of dinner?

Last edited by jwfla422; 01-05-2013 at 09:51 PM.
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #34
jwfla422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
I have mixed feelings. The restaurant is beautiful. Really beautiful. We were seated in the music box room which is not normally used for dinner. I was glad because the other rooms were very noisy. We walked through the other dining rooms to check out the decor.

There was 3 of us. I had the pork chop, one had the salmon and one had the steak. The steak was not that good, the pork chop was decent, the salmon was nice. We got 3 different desserts too. I know I had the passion fruit and it was the favorite of the 3. The grey stuff was fun-served for the birthday girl in our party.

I thought the food was better than I had expected. The service was terrible. Although our server was very friendly it took 45 minutes after she cleared our plates to bring our bill. The music box room is a long way from the kitchen so I know she had long walks but that's a long time to wait for a bill.

I will go again. I hope the service is just growing pains. The food was pretty good for park fare. The wine was awful (we each got a different one) but I figured they don't want anyone enjoying it too much anyway!!!
I've been hearing lots of mixed reviews at BOG dinner and am more likely to try lunch there first before we go for the dinner. I usually try to stay away from the really new restaurants until they work the kinks out. Thanks for your input.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #35
ATLJR
Earning My Ears

Disney has several places I thoroughly enjoy, but the only place I legitimately crave is Ohana. Between the unbelievable chicken and steak, the noodles, the peanut sauce, and the warm caramel on dessert I would be lying if I haven't planned an entire weekend trip around a dinner at Ohana's.
ATLJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #36
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Kona Cafe - breakfast

Via Napoli - lunch

Sanaa - dinner

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #37
jwfla422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attagirl3 View Post
The only two restaurants we have to repeat from our last trip are Sanaa and Kona Cafe.
Glad to hear about Sanaa, I've been wanting to try it and made a reservation for our trip, but a little apprehensive with dd (14) as she can be a "little" unadventurous. But, I keep reading reviews and the majority have enjoyed it.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #38
Disnut4925
Mouseketeer

We love Flying Dish, Il Mulino, both restaurants in Italy, both restaurants in Japan, Raglan Road, Sanaa! It's fun to watch the animals at Sanaa but the savanna's not lit, or not lit much, so lunch is better, or an early dinner.
Disnut4925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #39
jwfla422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disnut4925 View Post
We love Flying Dish, Il Mulino, both restaurants in Italy, both restaurants in Japan, Raglan Road, Sanaa! It's fun to watch the animals at Sanaa but the savanna's not lit, or not lit much, so lunch is better, or an early dinner.
Yes definitely a big fan of both FF and Il Mulino and have been to both. Have ADRs for both Via Napoli and Sanaa to try for the first time, however our Sanaa ADR is for Sat. night (after dark), but thinking of changing it for lunch on Sunday (our check out day) so we can see the animals in the savannah. I know dd would love to take photos of the animals even from the observation areas and that won't be possible to do at night. Also contemplating on Ragland Road for lunch the day we arrive (we seem to have similar tastes LOL!)
Old 01-15-2013, 11:47 PM   #40
Radiorox
Live from the city of Magic.

I love dinning in San Angel Inn. The ambiance in there is just very cool!
Radiorox is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: