Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Catamaran Excursion - Eastern

We are cruising in December for my husband's 40th. He really wants to do a catamaran excursion. Can anybody compare Golden Eagle (St. Maarten) vs. St. John Champagne (St. Thomas/St. John)? We will be with our four kids (12, 11, 8 & 7) and two more adults who are a bit nervous about snorkeling in open water, but will most likely come along with us on the excursion.

Any thoughts on either of these would be great!!
Thanks

Beth
Old 12-28-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
Pluto1976
Mouseketeer

I can't comment on the Catamaran snorkeling excursion in St. Maarten, but we did do the Champagne Catamaran in St. Thomas/St. John and I can't say enough great things about it.

The crew was friendly and extremely personable. They take you over to Trunk Bay to snorkel and it is absolutely gorgeous. We saw a variety of sea creatures and the bay is located just off a beach so it's not exactly what I could consider open water. I would guess the depth to be about 12ft. They were plenty of children on the excursion as well and they seemed to enjoy themselves. If you want to go over to the beach, it is a short swim or the crew can ferry you over in a dingy. On the way back the captain turns on a great island song playlist and the crew serves adult beverages along with stuff for the kids.

When we go back on the Eastern cruise we said we would definitely be doing this one again.

Hope this helps and enjoy!
Pluto1976 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: