Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Deal questions

We're tacking on a universal week to our Disney trip in Feb. we plan on staying at HRH. Can anyone offer an suggestions as to finding/making the best deal? (finding promos, booking packages vs piece meal, etc)..thanks
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I use this site to check the online hotels all at once.

If the total cost makes sense, use APH in the code field to see if there are any AP rates still available, and if they are better than putting nothing in that box. We have found, at least twice, that having one person upgrade to a Preferred (or Premium) AP and being able to get an AP rate at the hotel, still results in a savings overall (especially once you add in the food and merchandise discounts).

We're going in Feb, and I do have to warn you, the prices I've been seeing when I check around our dates (10-12th) have been getting less and less pretty! But check and check again! *

Of course, if you are talking about 2014, then disregard that.

*the other day I checked, and all that was available at RPR, for example, for my dates was a hospitality suite at over $700 ($500 at AP rate). Today those are still there, but there's a King Suite available too. Last week there was nothing at HRH when I checked my dates, today the same rate I booked at for HRH is back. Availability fluctuates quite a bit, so check check and check again!

If you book room-only at a rate you like, and then you notice it has gone down, you can call and they will change it for you, by the way.

Oh, and I like undercovertourist.com for tickets. Unless one of us is getting an AP...I just buy that AP through the universal website and pick it up at the kiosk outside the gates. (that's all moot now b/c we all have APs and we even renewed them...love Universal!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #3
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
We're tacking on a universal week to our Disney trip in Feb. we plan on staying at HRH. Can anyone offer an suggestions as to finding/making the best deal? (finding promos, booking packages vs piece meal, etc)..thanks
call reservations and ask them which of the 3 hotels have the cheapest rates for your time period.

if the rate difference of the other two is better than hrh, would you be interested?

also ask what the promo rates, AAA rates will be for the dates you have in mind.

weekend room rates are more than weekday rates.
if you plan a 4 night stay, go with mon-thurs for the better rates.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: