Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #91
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

Anyone still out there? I've been running every other day consistently for 4 weeks now. I started back with the couch to 5k program. I spent 2 weeks in week 2 so I didn't feel like I was dying at the end of the run segments, but I'm at the point that I'm actually looking FORWARD to my next run!

I think I'm just at the point where I'm not doing it solely for the weightless results, but now I look forward to the stress relief aspect of it even more than the other stuff (increased energy, overall health). Last night, I was actually enjoying stretching out my sore muscles!

DH threw his back out again this past weekend for the 3rd time. He realizes that if he would just lose the weight he wouldn't be in as much trouble with his back, and coaching dd's softball team wouldn't be such a struggle either. I think he is seeing me drag my butt out of bed every other day this month and going out for a run, setting goals, signing up for a race... I hope he thinks about it and it inspires him to do something too.

How about you guys? What's new?!?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Jan 2010 - Wilderness Lodge. OUR PERFECT TRIP!
Feb 2012 - Wilderness Lodge. Terrific escape from the SuperBowl!

*missing having a ticker... I wanna go back!

Feb 2014 - According to DH, we're going back "next winter," whatever that means. Not specific enough for a ticker... yet!

Last edited by hops&dreams; 06-25-2013 at 11:34 AM.
hops&dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #92
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

Hey there Hops! I'm still around too! Just keeping on plugging on!

Hopefully your DH will start seeing all the improvements you have been making and get motivated too! I'm kinda hoping my dh will do the same actually.

I just hit ONEderland last week! So that brings me to 46 pound loss so far! Just seeing a 1 on the scale instead of a 2 has been huge with my motivation! I'm back to running regularly again too so hoping I can start increasing my distance soon.

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 08:20 AM   #93
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

Desiree - Congratulations - welcome to ONEderland! What an accomplishment! Great to hear that you're back to running too. For me, I never knew how much I missed it! Do you feel that way too?

46 lbs overall - that's terriffic!!! My SIL just reached the 50lbs lost mark - it took her over a year! I think she doesn't have the same drive you do. I hope that the weightloss is giving you more confidence. I know that when she lost before, hitting a new "decade" was a mini boost for her, but hitting a new "century" was the push she needed to make the rest of the changes she needed. Another huge boost was shopping in the regular section rather than the plus section. She didn't think she could do it, but when she did - WOW! She was so excited. It took a really bad break-up (long, drawn out, first heartbreak) to get her back into bad habits. Over 5 years later, she's finally starting to lose the results of that scum-bag. (and wouldn't ya know, he's tried to pop back into her life when he heard she was losing again?!? This time she had the strength to tell him to get lost!)

Feb 2014 - According to DH, we're going back "next winter," whatever that means. Not specific enough for a ticker... yet!
Old 06-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #94
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!

Thank you so much!!! I love it here so much that I never want to go back!

The weight loss really is giving me more confidence! And even though I'm not quite yet in a size Large, I'm LOVING all the selections that I can fit into now. Even though my pants are in a size 18, it's so nice to be mostly in the "normal" people sections! So much more cute clothes live there!

Tell your sis that I said Congratulations! 50 pounds is phenomenal! And that is awesome that she had the confidence to tell her ex to get lost! That is wonderful!

I definitely feel so much better running again. I can kick myself for stopping. I just love how I feel after. The dull ache in my legs tells me that I've been working them hard! Love that!

Is your DH feeling any better?

Old 06-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #95
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

desiree-- that is FANTASTIC!! your weight loss!!

hops and dreams -- you are doing most excellent with your running!!!

i'm hanging in and plugging away..i'm down 15 lbs from my highest and i'm walking pretty consistently 3 times a week now with a long walk on the weekend. my mileage is not impressive yet...but i'm getting there. 4 weeks until walking in the world and that motivates me!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #96
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
desiree-- that is FANTASTIC!! your weight loss!!

hops and dreams -- you are doing most excellent with your running!!!

i'm hanging in and plugging away..i'm down 15 lbs from my highest and i'm walking pretty consistently 3 times a week now with a long walk on the weekend. my mileage is not impressive yet...but i'm getting there. 4 weeks until walking in the world and that motivates me!
OhMom you are doing great! 15 pounds! And the prospect of a Disney trip on the horizon is sure to motivate! Hope you have a wonderful time. Where are you staying?

Old 07-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #97
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

OhMom - 4 weeks until you're in WDW?!?! I'm SO jealous! Great that you're building up your walking tolerance now - You'll sure get some miles in on vacation! I wore a pedometer on our last trip and we averaged 7 or 8 miles a day, with our most being over 11 miles! (One of our Epcot days).

I'd love to go back this year - especially since we're celebrating our 10th anniversary and DD's Golden Birthday in the same week in December! - but I don't think it's in the cards. We've been invited to 3 weddings over Christmas/New Years, all in different countries of the world. Don't know which one we'll attend, if any. I'm still holding out hope for Ireland! But DH did say something about going back to WDW. And my dad expressed an interest in one last family vaca with me and my sister and our families. But I don't know how feasible that is with my dad's Alzheimers. Maybe Jan or Feb????

Dh's back is still not 100% but it is better. He started eating better last week, but we kind of ruined it over the weekend - We had people over on Fri and Sat - we grilled burgers and ate too much! It was SO delicious. But our digestive systems were not used to the rich foods and we paid for our indulgences with uncomfortable bellies all day yesterday. We're back on the straight and narrow for the work week, but with a short week because of the holiday and plenty of date nights (DD is away at Bible Camp, then at Grandma's until Sunday!), we'll probably just do it to ourselves again.

I did run my 2nd run of c25k's week 4. It has been the toughest week so far. I didn't feel like I was prepared for week 3, so I did 2 weeks of week 2. I think maybe I should have done that again before week 4??? It's a 3 minute run, walk break, then a 5 minute run. I felt like I was going to die the first time i did it, and at the end of that run, I ended up walking through part of the run segments. Yesterday, I walked through part of the last 5 minute run segment only... I hope that means my body is acclimating to the challenges I'm setting forth for it and rising to meet them? Tomorrow, I have what's supposed to be my last run in week 4, but I think I'll probably do another week at this level, to make sure I have mastered it before moving on.

I signed up for a 5k - the first that I plan to completely run. I've completely run others but I did not train and was not prepared, and paid dearly (with feeling terrible right after and being so sore for days!). So this one, I'm doing right! I have until August 24th to prepare! As of right now, with running/walking, I'm doing 2.5 miles in about 30 mins. :-)

I did discover that my ipod nano has nike + on it. I ran with that running yesterday to track my distance and time. Now I have to figure out how to track that info on my computer. Ugh, I am so not a techie anymore!

Old 07-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #98
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!

I would definitely repeat some weeks when you don't feel like you're comfortable enough to move on. I think I ended up having to repeat 2 different weeks (Week 3 and Week 5).

Since I did complete the C25K program in January, I had totally slacked with running. But I picked it up again doing a modified C25K about a month ago. I'm proud to say that I ran a little over 2 miles ( in around 36 minutes) this morning! I'm still slow but I did it without any run breaks! A nice little nsv to start Monday with!

Y'all, I would LOVE to plan a trip soon. I'm just about going through Disney withdrawls it's so bad. <sigh> Maybe next year.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:46 PM   #99
LittleMissMickey
DIS Veteran

Hi there, Molly, Jhenn, and Desiree (and anybody else who may be lurking!)!!!!

It's so good to see that you are still here! I tried typing a response before the 4th, but my iPad decided not to cooperate. So here I am again!

Congratulations of each of your successes! Molly - when is your trip? Where are you planning to stay? We're going at Christmas and staying at BCV. I'm so excited to be able to run the resort loop. Maybe I'll set a time goal for that or something. Or maybe just a new swimsuit goal...

Your tales of running and C25k are making me think that I need to get out for one tomorrow. My friend invited me to meet her at the track, so maybe I'll go for that. I had been planning to go swim laps in the evening, since it's bee so hot, but maybe I need the run. I started my summer vacation out with a bang and did 11 miles of a marathon relay and a 150 mile bike ride the following weekend. Since those two events I've been pretty hit-or-miss.

I do have my own little success to post. Two years ago I lost 15 pounds. Since then my weight has fluctuated up and down ten pounds, but I haven't gone past that 15 pound mark. Once I get back down to it, I celebrate or cut loose or something, and it bounces back up. Well... This morning I hit 16.6 pounds down from starting weight! I am so excited! As I mentioned, I've not been very consistent with a workout or training program, but I have been practicing accountability with my food choices. I am so excited! Finally my goal of losing "those last ten pounds" seems doable!

Thanks for giving me a place to share, and I look forward to checking in with you guys tomorrow!

Way to keep those resolutions!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #100
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissMickey View Post
Hi there, Molly, Jhenn, and Desiree (and anybody else who may be lurking!)!!!!

It's so good to see that you are still here! I tried typing a response before the 4th, but my iPad decided not to cooperate. So here I am again!

Congratulations of each of your successes! Molly - when is your trip? Where are you planning to stay? We're going at Christmas and staying at BCV. I'm so excited to be able to run the resort loop. Maybe I'll set a time goal for that or something. Or maybe just a new swimsuit goal...

Your tales of running and C25k are making me think that I need to get out for one tomorrow. My friend invited me to meet her at the track, so maybe I'll go for that. I had been planning to go swim laps in the evening, since it's bee so hot, but maybe I need the run. I started my summer vacation out with a bang and did 11 miles of a marathon relay and a 150 mile bike ride the following weekend. Since those two events I've been pretty hit-or-miss.

I do have my own little success to post. Two years ago I lost 15 pounds. Since then my weight has fluctuated up and down ten pounds, but I haven't gone past that 15 pound mark. Once I get back down to it, I celebrate or cut loose or something, and it bounces back up. Well... This morning I hit 16.6 pounds down from starting weight! I am so excited! As I mentioned, I've not been very consistent with a workout or training program, but I have been practicing accountability with my food choices. I am so excited! Finally my goal of losing "those last ten pounds" seems doable!

Thanks for giving me a place to share, and I look forward to checking in with you guys tomorrow!

Way to keep those resolutions!
A huge congrats on losing those 16 pounds! That is awesome!!!!

Old 07-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #101
LittleMissMickey
DIS Veteran

Thanks Desiree! I actually woke up the next day down the whole 17! Then I indulged in Mom's Meatloaf... But, really, who can turn down their Mom's meatloaf?!
Old 07-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #102
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!

That would totally be worth it

Old 07-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #103
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissMickey View Post
Thanks Desiree! I actually woke up the next day down the whole 17! Then I indulged in Mom's Meatloaf... But, really, who can turn down their Mom's meatloaf?!
mmmm, meatloaf. I guess I know what I'm making for dinner tonight now!

I started week 5 yesterday in my c25k program. Oof, it was hard. Tomorrow, I'm supposed to do 8 minute run intervals, which just sounds daunting. I plan on taking the flattest course possible so I can hopefully get through it, but I have my doubts. I really want to complete all my run segments. I don't remember c25k being that tough before! Am I just getting older???

All this running is helping... not quite on the scale - I don't think I've lost any, but man, I'm really seeing an improvement in stress. I have a hearing about an insurance claim (almost $4000 is on the line - over my colonoscopy in Sept) - its in a 2nd appeal, and the hearing is next Wed... I thought I'd be freaking out about it, but I think about it a lot on my runs, and it doesn't bother me all that much the rest of the day. it also keeps my mind off the RUN, so I can go further. Do you guys ever do that? If you're not thinking about what you're doing (exercise - running, biking, etc), you're not feeling it, and you're able to do more???

I also noticed today - although I may not have lost anything on the scale, my thighs have less cellulite on them. tmi??? sorry, but they do! My quads are so much stronger now, and I totally don't mind them because they aren't as jiggly. Now, if that would just spread to my butt and love handles...

Let's keep it up, ladies!!!

Old 07-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #104
LittleMissMickey
DIS Veteran

Soo... Things are going the wrong way around here...

We've eaten junk/out for the past three days, along with staying up too late, sleeping in, acting lazy, and not working out. Sounds fun, I'm sure, but I'm actually feeling a little sick, both mentally and physically.

My DBF, Mike, is on vacation until August 8th or so. The goal is to be back down to 17 lbs. lost before we do any traveling. We're planning to go to Colorado (brewery tours, Jhenn!), the cabin, and maybe a few other little trips. TOM is coming soon, so that should help. I'd like to be down the full 20 (maybe more! 25??) before starting grad school on August 21.

Given that, tomorrow is MONDAY, and it's time to get motivated. Clean eating, daily cardio and strength workouts, and getting in a surplus of water and tea.

Who's with me? How can I help cheer you on or hold you accountable?
Old 07-15-2013, 06:35 AM   #105
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!

I'm in! Today is a new day!

I'm back in recovery mode since Friday's birthday fiasco involving too many margaritas!

This week will be a challenge for me though. I'm trying to get in all that I can now since we are leaving to visit family in Florida on Wednesday. I should be able to do something while I'm there, even if it is walking or running. Maybe even swimming, if I can "borrow" my cousin's country club membership while I'm there.

So my game plan is to NOT FALL OFF THE WAGON while on vacation.

LMM - great plan of attack! You can do this!

Hops - I really found that week 5 of C25K was 100% mental. I know you can do it! You've been working towards this run for the last 4 weeks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: