Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

So cliche - Starting back on Jan 1

I need to start holding myself accountable again. I'm starting back to working out on January 1. For the first 30 days, I will work out EVERY DAY with Jillian Michaels's 30 Day Shred. I have done it before (mid July to Mid-Aug) and saw awesome results. I dropped 2 pant sizes.

After that... who knows. maybe get back into running, but at this point, I just want to get through the 30 days. The holidays have been bad for my waist line. We are going on a trip to Europe or WDW in the fall, so that's my end-game goal. My short term goals are to feel better and fit into clothes better.

Who's with me?

Jan 2010 - Wilderness Lodge. OUR PERFECT TRIP!
Feb 2012 - Wilderness Lodge. Terrific escape from the SuperBowl!

hops&dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Great choice! I love Shred (and Jillian). Congrats on making the choice to do this for yourself!!!

Princess on the Run is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

I'm with you! I have been faltering lately. Been counting calories using MFP, exercising but the scale has been stuck now for 3 weeks. I was just about to throw in the towel and help myself to a pint of Ice Cream but I decided to go for a walk instead.

By the way, I am on Day 2 of 30 Day Shred and I am also running (doing couch to 5K). I'm determined to bust thru this plateau!

BTW, love your user name! Of course, I am a beer fan!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #4
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

i am!!! ok honestly it will be jan 3 for me...but on jan 3...i'm so in !!!!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #5
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Why not start today? Seriously one can get the weekend and through Tuesday before 'normal' sets back in. THat will give you time to get over the initial round of soreness
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:04 AM   #6
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!

No time like the present!

Old 12-28-2012, 08:32 AM   #7
DisFam95
DIS Veteran

Im in for sure. Ive had a foot issue since September and its severely limited my ability to work out. I've been so bummed about it I sort of let myself get into a depression and then the eating begins and all these holiday treats and meals!!! I'm honestly up about 13 pounds since September.

I'm thinking of busting out the juicer for a week just to do a mini reboot after all this junky food.

This week I'm going to spend focusing on my goals, plans for menus and better eating etc. and trying to start exercising again. At things that don't involve my feet like crunches, push-ups, floor work, weights etc. might not see a big move in the scale but its good for my body.

Good luck to all!!!
Sum/74; Sum/78; Sum/82; Sum/87 Polynesian; Sum/93 Caribbean Beach; 8/95 Port Orleans - Honeymoon; 5/97; 8/99 Caribbean Beach; 9/01 Wilderness Lodge - became a DVC member!!!; 12/02; 1/04; 2/05; 2/06; 10/06; 5/08 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/11 Wildreness Lodge
Me DH DS12 DS8
DisFam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #8
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
Why not start today? Seriously one can get the weekend and through Tuesday before 'normal' sets back in. THat will give you time to get over the initial round of soreness
I can't start today - we're out of town tonight through Monday. Our 4th weekend in a row out of town celebrating DD's birthday and Christmas. While it's been fun to see family, I need a week living at my own house and not out of a bag! That's part of the issue. With 2-5 hour drives each way, there's not much choice in quick food on the road. We're barely home long enough for me to grab clean clothes and repack, let alone healthy food for dinners on the road. Groceries at the house are a bare minimum - mostly frozen. We've been sustaining ourselves on leftovers from weekends out of town! Keep in mind, DH and I are working all these days in between being out of town. I'm ready for January! CAn you believe it - I'm actually looking forward to the soreness. It'll mean I'm doing something to better myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
I'm with you! I have been faltering lately. Been counting calories using MFP, exercising but the scale has been stuck now for 3 weeks. I was just about to throw in the towel and help myself to a pint of Ice Cream but I decided to go for a walk instead.

By the way, I am on Day 2 of 30 Day Shred and I am also running (doing couch to 5K). I'm determined to bust thru this plateau!

BTW, love your user name! Of course, I am a beer fan!
Thanks - DH and I are homebrewers ourselves. That's the one guilty pleasure I will NOT give up. I just have a couple a week now rather than a couple a night. :-) DH even brewed a lager-y near beer for me that's light and crispy and not so calorie-rich.

I'll be using MFP to keep track again too. I'm not sure about the food/calorie tracker, but to track my exercise for sure. Look for me on there... same screen name, but there, it's "hopsanddreams" (no ampersands allowed there, apparently)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
i am!!! ok honestly it will be jan 3 for me...but on jan 3...i'm so in !!!!
OK! Be sure to check in with me - we'll keep each other on track!!!

Thanks all for the encouragement! I'm looking forward to Feb 1 with some results!

Old 12-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #9
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hops&dreams View Post

Thanks - DH and I are homebrewers ourselves. That's the one guilty pleasure I will NOT give up. I just have a couple a week now rather than a couple a night. :-) DH even brewed a lager-y near beer for me that's light and crispy and not so calorie-rich.

I'll be using MFP to keep track again too. I'm not sure about the food/calorie tracker, but to track my exercise for sure. Look for me on there... same screen name, but there, it's "hopsanddreams" (no ampersands allowed there, apparently)
Sweet! I'll give you an add. I'm geauxgirl42 on there. Yea, I usually give myself a weekly treat of a margarita or a beer on Friday. Good for your hubby for making you a 'light-ish' beer!

Old 12-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #10
LittleMissMickey
DIS Veteran

Okay, okay... You got me. I'm in.

It's good to see some familiar faces on here! Seems like a good group to be accountable to!

I think that I'm good for hangin' out with Jillian for the next 30 days. I should really do before and after photos, stick to it for 30 days, and be one of Jillian's success stories!

I look forward to posting my first workout (might even start tomorrow!).

Thanks for starting this!
Bring on the NEW YEAR!
Old 01-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #11
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

I did it. I started. I did my 30 ds level 1, day 1. I had to take a couple of breaks, but kept up better than I thought I would.

I also started logging my food on my fitness pal (as hopsanddreams on mfp). I'm hungry for munchy stuff, but have kept it in check so far. We'll see if I can keep this up.

I took some before pics. Just for my own personal record.

Anyone else start today?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 01-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #12
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!

More of a continuation for me here but I stayed pretty much on plan with eating. I gave myself a "jammie day" today and just hung around the house. I had busted my behind exercising this week and figured I could use a day of rest. Plus TOM just started and I was feeling blah.

BUT.. that being said, no excuses tomorrow. Back to running (weather permitting) in the morning before work and then a little gym time after work!

How has everyone's day been so far?

Old 01-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #13
LittleMissMickey
DIS Veteran

My day began with a conversation with myself about whether or not spin class was truly necessary after enjoying a bottle of wine last night. Fortunately, I won! I made it out of bed and to the TWO HOUR spin class that was offered this morning. I didn't push myself too hard, but I did get a better workout than I would have gotten in my sleep!

That said, I did not hang out with Jillian today, and I'm pretty sore, so I'm not sure if tomorrow morning is going to work for us, either.

However, I did get the Pushups, Squats, and Situps apps for my phone, and that is challenging me a little bit each day. I think the strength part of the workout is key. I also printed off a bunch of different circuit workouts from Pinterest and made a pretty little vase of them. It's in my bathroom, and each day I'm challenging myself to pick one and complete it. It's keeping me motivated for now.

Oh great. Now I want to do my Jillian workout tonight just so I can say that I completed the whole month... We'll see who wins this time.

Nice start, Jhenn!
Looking forward to tomorrow's post from you, Desiree!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #14
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!

Great job on tackling that spin class head on! That's awesome!

I think I'm going to wait on Jillian as well. At least until I lose a bit more weight.

But I did get my run in this morning. In fact, I was on W7D2 which said for a 25 minute run. I pushed just a little more and ran the 5 minute cool down walk too. So that's a tiny non-scale victory for me today!

I did my weigh in today also, and I'm proud to say that I've FINALLY busted through my plateau that I've been on the last almost 4 weeks now. I'm down 2.6 today!

Have a fantastic day today everyone! Looking forward to hitting the gym this afternoon too!

Old 01-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #15
Melissahac99
Earning My Ears

I'm trying to get back on track too. I didn't gain over the holidays but fell off of exercise and logging food intake. Restarted yesterday. I'm doing couch to 5K again. Have a 5K to train for on March 17. Also ordered jillian michaels beginner DVDs and 30 day shred. Between that and the running I hope to budge the scale. I track diet in my fitness pal and am hoping to stay under calories most days, which is my biggest challenge. I have lost 30 lb since DS was born but would like to lose 50lb more. Goal for this month is 5 lb. I'm doing the Jan exercise challenge and wish away the pounds jan challenge on this board for motivation and accountability.
Melissahac99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: