Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 12:13 PM   #61
*Seanaci*
DIS-obsessed and proud!
 
*Seanaci*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali
I'm a really unhappy Target shopper because of their return policy. On Friday my son used a gift card from Christmas to buy a Nintendo 3ds game for 39.99. He wanted another game but it wasn't in stock in the store so the employee told me to go to Target.com. So I did on Saturday. Target.com had the game DS bought for $20 on clearance. So I went back to Target on Saturday and asked them to price match.

target doesn't price match target.com clearance. Bad policy.

So I called and spoke to customer service, sent an email and sent a letter to target to complain about this stupid policy. I also am not shopping there until I get some return email or phone call. I shop there many times a week and have all of my prescriptions there. I will move them if I don't get a response.
They also won't accept returned items that you order from their website. My sister bought my parents season 1 of the tv show Heros a few years back. They never watched the show when it was on tv. They took it back to target thinking they could return it for store credit. No dice. Target wouldn't take it back because the bar code of stuff sold online is different than items sold in stores so the store scanners do not recognize it as being a Target sold.item.
__________________
Next Trip:
December 2015!!!



Me(34), DH(43), DS(6), DM(56), DG(61)
*Seanaci* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #62
sk!mom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,932

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansmom View Post
just another in a long line of reasons not to do business with the evil empire.
Amen!! I spent $75 at Wal Mart this holiday season. It would have been $0 but I was given $75 in gift cards. We have few places to shop locally but I avoid Wal Mart at all costs. I shop Target or online.

I buy so little there that it's been years since I needed to return anything. My main problem is with the way they treat their employees.
sk!mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #63
wvjules
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,350

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Seanaci* View Post
They also won't accept returned items that you order from their website. My sister bought my parents season 1 of the tv show Heros a few years back. They never watched the show when it was on tv. They took it back to target thinking they could return it for store credit. No dice. Target wouldn't take it back because the bar code of stuff sold online is different than items sold in stores so the store scanners do not recognize it as being a Target sold.item.
They must have had an ill-informed empoyee. I've returned target.com purchases to the store with no problems.

all about returning Target.com purchases
Shopping and returning is easy with Target.com. Most online purchases can be returned to a Target store. If that’s more convenient for you, come on in. We like to see you in person, too.

http://www.target.com/HelpContent?he...fot_t_spc_1_22
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:47 PM   #64
Lewisc

DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 18,429

B&M stores have much different overhead, and offer a completely different shopping experience, then online stores.

It doesn't make any sense for a B&M store to offer a guarantee price match policy. Consider matching a price if it makes sense.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:17 PM   #65
familyoffive
DIS Veteran
 
familyoffive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: CA
Posts: 3,361

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk!mom View Post
Amen!! I spent $75 at Wal Mart this holiday season. It would have been $0 but I was given $75 in gift cards. We have few places to shop locally but I avoid Wal Mart at all costs. I shop Target or online.

I buy so little there that it's been years since I needed to return anything. My main problem is with the way they treat their employees.
My son works there, what are you saying about Walmart?
familyoffive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #66
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran
 
Good Morning Dewdrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 3,598

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyoffive View Post
My son works there, what are you saying about Walmart?
Thank you - my husband has worked there for 15 years and hasn't been treated badly at all. I know there are a few bad apples in every basket but please don't paint Wal-Mart as the 'evil empire' because it's not - at least not in our experience. Dh has worked in 6 different stores under a lot of different store managers - some are good; some not so much but Wal-Mart has great policies in place so their employees can complain (safely and up the chain of command) and get action if necessary
__________________
Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:29 PM   #67
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!
 
angwill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,752

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Seanaci* View Post
They also won't accept returned items that you order from their website. My sister bought my parents season 1 of the tv show Heros a few years back. They never watched the show when it was on tv. They took it back to target thinking they could return it for store credit. No dice. Target wouldn't take it back because the bar code of stuff sold online is different than items sold in stores so the store scanners do not recognize it as being a Target sold.item.
This same thing happened at my local Walmart although their policy states they will take back online purchases at local stores. I was sent the wrong size from an online purchase and the local store refused to take it for exchange or return because the sku numbers didn't match. Supervisor said the same thing. I called the 800 number who credited my visa and urged me to call the store manager because he needs to show them how to do the return. I did that and the manager doubted it ever happened because he claims they know how to put it through with a matching SKU or not.
__________________
AngAlWill Angel:
angwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:55 PM   #68
sk!mom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,932

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyoffive View Post
My son works there, what are you saying about Walmart?
If your DS is happy there then no problem. Does he get full time hours? Does he receive benefits? Does he have health insurance?

My DS worked there several years ago. They kept almost all employees part time so that they didn't have to offer benefits. He now works for HEB, a regional grocery store chain, who gives full time hours and offers awesome insurance to even part time employees. Wal Mart makes a mint on the backs of some of the lowest paid employees around. I refuse to contribute.
sk!mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:10 PM   #69
jls886
DIS Veteran
 
jls886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
I'm a really unhappy Target shopper because of their return policy. On Friday my son used a gift card from Christmas to buy a Nintendo 3ds game for 39.99. He wanted another game but it wasn't in stock in the store so the employee told me to go to Target.com. So I did on Saturday. Target.com had the game DS bought for $20 on clearance. So I went back to Target on Saturday and asked them to price match.

target doesn't price match target.com clearance. Bad policy.

So I called and spoke to customer service, sent an email and sent a letter to target to complain about this stupid policy. I also am not shopping there until I get some return email or phone call. I shop there many times a week and have all of my prescriptions there. I will move them if I don't get a response.
Target does actually now price match target.com - they changed their policy prior to the holidays so I don't know if it is a temporary thing or if they'll continue on with it. The associates at customer service now have iPads that they use to pull up the item at target.com to confirm the lower price. Just an FYI for the future.

See the 'Price Match Guarantee' section...
https://corporate.target.com/about/s...-promise#q4070

ETA: I can also confirm that I have had my Target match a target.com price, I just went to CS, they pulled it up on their iPad and matched the price with no problem.
jls886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:23 PM   #70
MAH4546
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: los angeles
Posts: 1,704

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls886 View Post
Target does actually now price match target.com - they changed their policy prior to the holidays so I don't know if it is a temporary thing or if they'll continue on with it. The associates at customer service now have iPads that they use to pull up the item at target.com to confirm the lower price. Just an FYI for the future.

See the 'Price Match Guarantee' section...
https://corporate.target.com/about/s...-promise#q4070

ETA: I can also confirm that I have had my Target match a target.com price, I just went to CS, they pulled it up on their iPad and matched the price with no problem.
Target still doesn't price match clearance prices. And that's sensible, good policy. Some people are just too whiny.
MAH4546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #71
Ali
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 1,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
Target still doesn't price match clearance prices. And that's sensible, good policy. Some people are just too whiny.
I think Target =Target = Target = Target so why wouldn't they offer the same price online they offer in store? And Why wouldn't they offer the same price in store as online?

Some people are just too ...
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:54 PM   #72
Kathi OD
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the nevermind we know what was thereRedhead
Guess what - Doesn't like the cheese soup
 
Kathi OD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,870

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Seanaci* View Post
They also won't accept returned items that you order from their website. My sister bought my parents season 1 of the tv show Heros a few years back. They never watched the show when it was on tv. They took it back to target thinking they could return it for store credit. No dice. Target wouldn't take it back because the bar code of stuff sold online is different than items sold in stores so the store scanners do not recognize it as being a Target sold.item.
Your parents either had an employee who didn't know company policy or they didn't have the packing slip that came with the DVD.

Target regularly accepts online merchandise returns at their stores. However, you really need to have the packing slip so they can process the return.
__________________
* 1988 FW * 1991 CBR * 1993 CBR * 1996 ASSp * 1998 CBR * 2000 CBR * 2001 OKW *
* 2002 OKW * 2003 OKW * 2004 OKW * 2005 OKW * 2007 OKW * 2009 VWL * 4/2011 OKW *11/2011 OKW * 2012 SSR *

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts." -- C. S. Lewis
Kathi OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:06 PM   #73
MAH4546
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: los angeles
Posts: 1,704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
I think Target =Target = Target = Target so why wouldn't they offer the same price online they offer in store? And Why wouldn't they offer the same price in store as online?

Some people are just too ...
I guess you just totally missed the part where Target doesn't price match clearance. Or maybe I should have written that twice?

Further, clearance prices are calculated store-by-store based on an algorithm that matches local demand for each SKU to quantities on hand. So no, Target does not equal Target.
MAH4546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:14 PM   #74
*Seanaci*
DIS-obsessed and proud!
 
*Seanaci*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi OD

Your parents either had an employee who didn't know company policy or they didn't have the packing slip that came with the DVD.

Target regularly accepts online merchandise returns at their stores. However, you really need to have the packing slip so they can process the return.
Maybe they do now...but 5 years ago they didn't.

My parents didn't have the packing slip with them. But were still told even with the slip target wouldn't take the DVD.
__________________
Next Trip:
December 2015!!!



Me(34), DH(43), DS(6), DM(56), DG(61)
*Seanaci* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:17 PM   #75
Kathi OD
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the nevermind we know what was thereRedhead
Guess what - Doesn't like the cheese soup
 
Kathi OD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,870

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Seanaci* View Post
Maybe they do now...but 5 years ago they didn't.

My parents didn't have the packing slip with them. But were still told even with the slip target wouldn't take the DVD.
Still something wrong. I've been returning things I've purchased online from Target to their stores for over 7 years. I only know how long it's been because we've lived here 7 years (today) and I was doing it when we lived in our old house.
__________________
* 1988 FW * 1991 CBR * 1993 CBR * 1996 ASSp * 1998 CBR * 2000 CBR * 2001 OKW *
* 2002 OKW * 2003 OKW * 2004 OKW * 2005 OKW * 2007 OKW * 2009 VWL * 4/2011 OKW *11/2011 OKW * 2012 SSR *

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts." -- C. S. Lewis
Kathi OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.