Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #16
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Completely agree with you- that's why I said they're at the top of the list for cost (as in: REALLY expensive). We haven't cruised as much as you, but I've gotta say that we did a 7 day cruise of the Eastern Caribbean on the Queen Mary for the same price as a 4 day cruise on the Disney Wonder. I'll take a cruise on one of the Queens any day. Disney- not again.
Loved the Queen Mary. We did the Transatlantic Crossing with our then four year old and it was one of the best family vacations we ever took. They had wonderful children's programmes. Now we have three children and the cabins on Celebrity work better for us, but what an experience that was! We did Alaska with Celebrity last September and that was a great trip. Also did Russia and Scandanavia with Celebrity (so much for the kids to learn). Now I want to book a cruise!!
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #17
stitchaholic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Addicted View Post
Our family has only been to Florida once, so my answer will probably not help as I want to do, see and explore all now! My kids are 13 and 8 and my current vacation wish list is:

1) two weeks at Bonnet Creek (2 bdrm) with 8 days at Disney (including waterparks), 1 day to Clearwater (see Winter), 2 resort days, and 2 Universal Studio days

2) two weeks with a 14 day unlimited pass to SeaWorld, Aquatica and Busch Gardens. Along with a day at Discovery Cove. Gatorgolf, Gatorland, the Florida Mall (M&M's world), and I'm sure there's so much more I have not even scratched the surface of

3) Not to mention a day at the beach. I have never seen the ocean yet.

4) Yes, a cruise! I keep pricing them out and wincing as we also would want to do a lot of excursions. A Disney cruise I fear will never happen because of the cost.

Someone mentioned you have been to Disney once a year for 5 years. I then agree with those who suggest exploring the other theme parks and attractions available. The only reason I want to go back to Disney is because (even finding DIS in time) we just did not realize how many days we would need there!

Ohhh, I'm looking forward to another trip report!!!! Please tell me you will be posting another in-depth trip report? I loved your last one! I would love to see lots of photos and a review of Residence Inn SeaWorld as well. Hope you are having a blast!

LOL , it sounds like we would vacation well together , I like the way you think ! I think we have decided as a family to forgo the cruise in favor of an Orlando vacation ( without the mouse ) , for a Universal , SeaWorld , DC and shopping vacation ( you got my son very interested in shopping because of M&M world )
WLV-jan 2nd,2010 , AKL july 2011 , ASMo2012 , AKV 2012 , july 2013 Universal/SW/DC
stitchaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #18
Disney Addicted
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Yes ma'am . I plan to do another one once we are home, the bags are unpacked, the laundry is done, the tree is taken down, and the photos have all been uploaded to photobook. We arrive home on the 31st....so sad that our vacation is almost done!!!
Great - welcome home and Happy New Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchaholic View Post
LOL , it sounds like we would vacation well together , I like the way you think ! I think we have decided as a family to forgo the cruise in favor of an Orlando vacation ( without the mouse ) , for a Universal , SeaWorld , DC and shopping vacation ( you got my son very interested in shopping because of M&M world )
LOL - Now I have thrown a trip to Hawaii in my vacation list. I have been saving my air miles for tickets to Disney, Universal Studios, Blue Man Group and the 14-day pass to SeaWorld, Aquatica and Busch Gardens. BUT... I discovered by then I will have enough air miles for a round-trip flight to Hawaii and back. Instead of air fare of $4,100+, we would pay about $500 in taxes.
Disney Addicted is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: