DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #16
DVCanadian
Earning My Ears

$50-$55 is good. I paid $50 pp in august 2011 and prices aren't going up.
DVCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #17
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

So I averaged all of the SSR's that passed ROFR on the ROFR thread and came up with an average of $43.41 per point. Unless I counted wrong or did something else wrong that is way off from the asking prices on most sites for SSR. Anyone know what would make that big of a difference???

If I were interested in a SSR contract, I would most times have to offer $20 less than the asking price to get anywhere near $43. Seems crazy to me.....
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #18
bighoo93
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3
So I averaged all of the SSR's that passed ROFR on the ROFR thread and came up with an average of $43.41 per point. Unless I counted wrong or did something else wrong that is way off from the asking prices on most sites for SSR. Anyone know what would make that big of a difference???

If I were interested in a SSR contract, I would most times have to offer $20 less than the asking price to get anywhere near $43. Seems crazy to me.....
I haven't looked at that thread in a while, but I would be surprised if the average price were in the low 40s. That seems likely to be around $10 too low. For any specific contract, the price will vary due to its own particular nature and traits (e.g., number of points, banked and borrowed points, use year), but low 50s seems about right for SSR. Unless my recollection is out of date.

As far as asking price, don't worry about it at all. I offered $13 under asking price and it was accepted immediately. Determine the proper value and use that as a guide in your offer, no matter what the asking price.
bighoo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #19
csharpwv
DIS Veteran

The specific contract has little to nothing to do with the 'average'.

The price that an owner will accept is entirely related to their desire/need to sell.

If the seller needs to be away from the debt/cost related to DVC ownership - then they will likely sell for the highest they can get...or the fastest sale.

On the other hand, if a seller has just lost interest, or their family situation has changed - they aren't likely to sell until they can get their asking price. They will either continue to rent their points, use their points, or let others use their points for free...depending on their financial situation.

Don't let averages be your guide as much as the asking price...and what you are willing to pay.

It never hurts to make an offer!

When we bought out HHI points, DW wanted to offer $5.00 more per point than what I had in mind. We made the offer, and they countered back $1.85 higher than my asking price. So... we saved $850.50 just on what DW wanted to offer compared to what the seller countered offered!

You can never be able to predict what a seller may do!

Offer what you want, and if the seller isn't interested....move along to another contract - It's pretty much a buyers market!
-Bay Lake Tower
-Saratoga Springs
-Hilton Head Island
csharpwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:09 AM   #20
zavandor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCanadian
$50-$55 is good. I paid $50 pp in august 2011 and prices aren't going up.

I made recently many offers for SSR to buy my second contract, and noticed that prices when higer a bit since one year ago. I purchased a small contract ar 50$pp one year ago, recently similar contracts went for over 60$. I bought at 58$ a loaded contract, that was the best deal I could find. Maybe i was lucky one year ago or unlucky now.
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #21
zavandor
DIS Veteran

Sorry double post
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:55 AM   #22
awatt
My pontoon boat is like a floating patio!

Use year matters too.

We paid a higher price than other resales at the time because our use year (Sept) was scarce over the several month time frame I was looking. Sept contracts were being bought before they even hit the TSS website. So according to supply and demand we paid about $5-7 more per point than other available use year contracts
Old 01-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #23
IllinoisMommy
Mouseketeer

OP- good luck and hope you are able to get a contract. I love SSR, we are considering becoming DVC members and that is the resort where I would want my points

Disneyworld, Off-site 1981; Disneyland, Disneyland Hotel 1983; Disneyworld, Off-site 1992; Disneyworld, Off-site 1997 ; Disneyworld, Old Key West 2003; Disneyworld, POFQ 2007; Disneyworld and Universal, Offsite Christmas 2012
EPCOT Family of the Day, 12-24-12
Hopeful future DVC members
IllinoisMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #24
vandy
Vacations are getaways from vacation planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awatt View Post
Use year matters too.

We paid a higher price than other resales at the time because our use year (Sept) was scarce over the several month time frame I was looking. Sept contracts were being bought before they even hit the TSS website. So according to supply and demand we paid about $5-7 more per point than other available use year contracts
That's the way we were also. To find a contract 100 points or less with a December use year at SSR was extremely difficult and well worth it to me to pay the extra money. I get the TSS daily emails and after trying a few times I finally was able to get one as soon as I received the email.

vandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #25
SpectroMan71
Mouseketeer

I'm in the SSR ROFR period right now at $60/pt. I know it won't get bought by Disney so it's just the waiting process.

My experience was that quite a few sellers were rejecting even my $60 offers, so for those who succeed at $50-55, I have no idea how you did it but more power to you.
SpectroMan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:51 PM   #26
jupers
DIS Veteran

I'll chime in...I bought 2 years ago for $48 pp...the contract was current not loaded. I feel very fortunate because I was only expecting to buy 100 points but was able to buy140. If u are patient you can find the right deal.
June '12-BCV and BLT; Jan '12-SSR; Oct 11-BWV; Jul '11-Offsite; '09-POR (family trip before Dad passed, best time ever); '07-POR & Wilderness Lodge; '03-Universal Hard Rock-(Wonderful, but not the same); '99-POFQ (Honeymoon-if I knew then...)'93-One Day from Tampa'84-CR'78-Poly
ME DH DD (11) DS (6)
jupers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #27
RayJay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post

I think you have to be prepared to wait, or maybe you get lucky.

I failed 4 times offering in the 50's and couldn't take it anymore, then I went higher and got a great deal with fully banked points and dues paid.

RayJay
RayJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #28
RayJay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectroMan71 View Post
I'm in the SSR ROFR period right now at $60/pt. I know it won't get bought by Disney so it's just the waiting process.

My experience was that quite a few sellers were rejecting even my $60 offers, so for those who succeed at $50-55, I have no idea how you did it but more power to you.
Agreed, 60 is a great deal, especially if you get banked points.

RayJay
Old 01-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #29
RayJay
DIS Veteran

dup

Last edited by RayJay; 01-13-2013 at 09:10 PM. Reason: dup
Old 01-18-2013, 04:34 AM   #30
disbound09
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

That is not bad a good price is what you are willing to pay. I was trying for a while and got lucky. We got in at SSR 53.00 for 320 pt with all 2012 banked but they needed to sell quickly. Before the end of year they wanted a deal and had listed it at 67.00 made offer and they accepted 12/31. Waiting for ROFR now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: