Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #106
danicaca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
Can anyone confirm if this is just for disney visa credit cardholders, or disney visa debit cardholders too? I'm on hold but I'd hate to sit on hold for hours just to find I don't qualify (disney visa debit, here)
According to my TA friend, you have to wait until January 3rd. She has the debit card too, and has to wait until then to book. Sorry!
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
danicaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #107
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can anyone confirm if this is just for disney visa credit cardholders, or disney visa debit cardholders too? I'm on hold but I'd hate to sit on hold for hours just to find I don't qualify (disney visa debit, here)
You are eligible with the DV debit card The packet you got with the card should give you that information.

You may want to advise them that it's the DV debit since it will start with 6 different numbers than the credit card which they will be looking for. Both are included though! Debits get the same benefits, just no rewards points

At least all of this was true for the SPD promotion. I guess they could change it up with each one. I'd still go for it.
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #108
andieb0602
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm not a cardholder so I'm not positive but the offer *is* showing up on the Disney Visa debit site under "Limited-Time Offers" (mention code V92 when you call). Looks like DH and I will be looking into getting a debit card!

Our Anniversary trip is an excuse so we can book a bounceback!

Me, DH, DD(7) DS(4)
5/2012 - Our first ever, super-surprise trip to the World at CSR!
andieb0602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #109
NJGirl
DIS Veteran

I love playing the hang up and call to speak with someone else game.

My person keeps telling me no one can modify their reservations or use this discount at the moment. Funny how you all are...oy.
NJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #110
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Any one know the minimum no. of nights you need to book to include the discount tickets? I know the Visa website says you have to buy 4 days of tickets to get them to be discounted. But can you get them with only a 3 night stay? I booked Yc for 5 nights + 6 day PH tickets. I'd realy like to do a split stay: 3 nights YC package with 6 day PH tickets; then 2 nights room only @ GF. Anyone know if this would work with the discounts? Thanks!
Old 12-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #111
Belle83
DIS Veteran

Has anyone used this for a room-only discount at a value, and if so, what was the discount? We want to do a quick budget trip at AS Movies, 4/18-4/22.

Last edited by Belle83; 12-27-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #112
AuroraRora
Princess

I got through after about 20mins (the CM asked how long I'd been waiting and couldn't believe it when I said only 20mins, she said "we've been slammed with calls all day" and that she had about 470 people on hold in her queue ) and she applied the V92 code to my ASMu 8-night booking in May and told me it'd be about a $130 discount. I asked her about the ticket discount and she had no idea what I was talking about. She said the discounts were only for rooms but I could book full-price tickets now if I wanted. I pointed out the V93 code that included tickets, and she booked a new package deal and gave me a quote for the tickets added on, but it was the same as on the regular WDW site for tickets only When I compared it to the rack rate I'd written down, it was only an $85 savings off a $1430 package, but she kept saying it was a $130 discount off the rack rate. I booked it now so I can at least lock in the promo room and the $85 discount, but I'm a bit doubtful it was done right. Did you guys definitely get a specific ticket discount as part of your package? I see people posting their discounts but I'm not sure how that was broken down for them. The poor woman sounded frazzled and said on top of the call volume, their systems weren't working right, so now I've got the package with some kind of promo booked, I think I might let things calm down for a day or two then call back and double-check with a new CM

Oh, and I used my disney debit card and it went through no problems

ETA: I'm confused how the Disney Cardholders site says "Save 20%" on Values for room-only, yet my discount was only $85. Rack rate for the room on WDW's site is $1042. Save 20%, not "up to 20%". Regardless of ticket discounts, that would make my room discount $208. Do they take the discount off before or after tax? Although even before tax, it should be around $180. Arghhh I'm going to have to call and sort this out aren't I.
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #113
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
I got through after about 20mins (the CM asked how long I'd been waiting and couldn't believe it when I said only 20mins, she said "we've been slammed with calls all day" and that she had about 470 people on hold in her queue ) and she applied the V92 code to my ASMu 8-night booking in May and told me it'd be about a $130 discount. I asked her about the ticket discount and she had no idea what I was talking about. She said the discounts were only for rooms but I could book full-price tickets now if I wanted. I pointed out the V93 code that included tickets, and she booked a new package deal and gave me a quote for the tickets added on, but it was the same as on the regular WDW site for tickets only When I compared it to the rack rate I'd written down, it was only an $85 savings off a $1430 package, but she kept saying it was a $130 discount off the rack rate. I booked it now so I can at least lock in the promo room and the $85 discount, but I'm a bit doubtful it was done right. Did you guys definitely get a specific ticket discount as part of your package? I see people posting their discounts but I'm not sure how that was broken down for them. The poor woman sounded frazzled and said on top of the call volume, their systems weren't working right, so now I've got the package with some kind of promo booked, I think I might let things calm down for a day or two then call back and double-check with a new CM

Sorry, I didn't ask for a breakdown. I asked for the Disney Visa Spring Discount with tickets & just got the whole thing priced out. My savings at YC Club level 5 nights & 6 day PH tickets is $1186, about 26% off the full package price tho (I checked it online).
Old 12-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #114
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

YAH!!!! Just got off the phone with a great CM. She applied the discount code V93 for room and tickets to our reservation. We had booked Beach Club with water view March 21-30, 8 day MYW w/PH, 2 adults, 14, 10 & 7 year old.

Orignal package: $8089.43
New price: $7336.61
Savings: $752.82
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club Aug 17-30 2014
DH Me DS 15 DD 10 : DS 8
DonaldDuckFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #115
emmabelle
I better watch out or my tag will say "She's some kind of a loserbag!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily View Post
YAH!!!! Just got off the phone with a great CM. She applied the discount code V93 for room and tickets to our reservation. We had booked Beach Club with water view March 21-30, 8 day MYW w/PH, 2 adults, 14, 10 & 7 year old.

Orignal package: $8089.43
New price: $7336.61
Savings: $752.82

I was hoping for more? That's about a 10% discount? I'm really not trying to be greedy.

Me DH DS DD and the Dis(cats) - Lily Jynx Charlie
2003-CBR, 2004-Swan, 2006-BC, 2006-BWI, 2007-WL, 2008-BWI, 2009-BC, 2010-BWI, 2011-YC, 2011-BWV, 2012-BLT, 2013-BC, 2013-YC, 2014-GF
emmabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #116
bonjovi
Mouseketeer

can anyone help me out a bit.

I had an amazing cast member earlier today. My husband just "gave" me a disney vacation for Christmas. That translates to him giving into my badgering and me planning it! I love planning it but I know our budget is not unlimited!!!

I gave the code to the cast member. He said that it looked like the beach club villas (studio room) was pricing out a lot less than the beach club regular room and that the code would give another 30% off.

he said that the poly looked to be coming out to 20% off but that bay lake tower was only 5%.

can anyone confirm those percentages?
bonjovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #117
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmabelle View Post
I was hoping for more? That's about a 10% discount? I'm really not trying to be greedy.
Oh of course I would like more . But my dates of March 24-30 are blackout dates, so no discount. I am only getting room discount for March 21-23 and ticket discount. I'll take the $753 over nothing .
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club Aug 17-30 2014
DH Me DS 15 DD 10 : DS 8
DonaldDuckFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #118
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:

ETA: I'm confused how the Disney Cardholders site says "Save 20%" on Values for room-only, yet my discount was only $85. Rack rate for the room on WDW's site is $1042. Save 20%, not "up to 20%". Regardless of ticket discounts, that would make my room discount $208. Do they take the discount off before or after tax? Although even before tax, it should be around $180. Arghhh I'm going to have to call and sort this out aren't I.
If it doesn't say 'up to' it should, because it is based on the resort. All resorts aren't getting the same discount across the board, even at the same level.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #119
emmabelle
I better watch out or my tag will say "She's some kind of a loserbag!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily View Post
Oh of course I would like more . But my dates of March 24-30 are blackout dates, so no discount. I am only getting room discount for March 21-23 and ticket discount. I'll take the $753 over nothing .

ohhhhhh. Now I get it!

Me DH DS DD and the Dis(cats) - Lily Jynx Charlie
2003-CBR, 2004-Swan, 2006-BC, 2006-BWI, 2007-WL, 2008-BWI, 2009-BC, 2010-BWI, 2011-YC, 2011-BWV, 2012-BLT, 2013-BC, 2013-YC, 2014-GF
emmabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #120
jalaine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindermomma View Post
Thanks! I was on hold a total of 30 minutes and that included taking the survey at the end of the call. I talked to Carmine and he was delightful....... I can't believe how long you have been waiting for!!!!! Sheesh!!!!! I hope you get to add your code SOON!! Please update when you are done and good luck!!
I had Carmine a few years ago when I booked (if it's the same one!). I remember him b/c he was so wonderful! I actually wrote his name down to email Disney about how nice he was.

Back home now and trying again to get through after my 2 hour 45 minute hold from this morning...

Happy to hear others have gotten through!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: