Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #151
NJGirl
DIS Veteran

POFQ standard rooms were included for May but it was only a 5% discount.

I'm not sure I got quoted the right price for room, tickets and dining...as I only save 150 dollars?

Anyone know if that sounds right for the 5% discount plus the room?
NJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #152
ThreeTinks
Mouseketeer

My TA told me that POFQ was only 5% - so that sounds right. We are at POR also in May.
ThreeTinks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #153
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

For 7 nights at POR standard room, 7 day hoppers for 2 adults, one 9 year old child we would save $517 on a package for March 16-23rd. Not sure if we are going to go for that or price out the same package for May 25-June 1. DD will be 10 years old by then and more expensive but the room rates would be lower. We add quick service dining to our packages.
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Disneylvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #154
jalaine
Mouseketeer

FINALLY got through! We saved $1,032 for our 9 night stay at the Poly!

Family that we're traveling with saved $847!

Breaking down the costs, it's roughly a smidge more than 20% off of our room only which is what the Disney Visa site said we would save at the Poly on their website! Not sure how they broke everything down, but that's the closest savings percentage I could come up with based on the numbers.

It's more than I was expecting based on my calculations from Danny's spreadsheet, so I'm thrilled!

Will certainly be keeping an ear out for the Canada song when we're strolling through Epcot in April. Might break into a rousing chorus...

eta: this was for a package we had booked with room, tickets, and dining.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:02 PM   #155
emmabelle
I better watch out or my tag will say "She's some kind of a loserbag!"

just booked 6/9 to 6/13

BWI - standard view

rack $1836

code $1285

savings $551

30% off

tickets would have been $10 off per person for base tickets, just decided to hold off, I may upgrade mine and my husbands tickets to annual passes when we go in February anyways.

Me DH DS DD and the Dis(cats) - Lily Jynx Charlie
2003-CBR, 2004-Swan, 2006-BC, 2006-BWI, 2007-WL, 2008-BWI, 2009-BC, 2010-BWI, 2011-YC, 2011-BWV, 2012-BLT, 2013-BC, 2013-YC, 2014-GF
October 2014 DCL 1/31 to 2/6, 2015?
emmabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #156
AuroraRora
Princess

I'm back on hold waiting to try to sort out my earlier call where I only got a 6% discount and no ticket discount. I booked for ASMo but on Danny25's spreadsheet only Music and Sports were listed, so I think I'm going to try to have them re-price it at ASMu. The CM I got the first time I called was lovely but I don't think she really knew what she was doing, she kept insisting there was no offer involving tickets. Then when I told her the discount wasn't what I expected she tried to sell me a room at AKL. No amount of larger discount is gonna make ASMo and AKl similarly priced

That moment when the music cuts off and you hold your breath for a CM, then another song starts instead is really the worst. I'm getting the Canada song too now.

Glass of wine is helping
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *

Last edited by AuroraRora; 12-27-2012 at 05:19 PM.
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #157
PlutoJenn
Earning My Ears

I've got Soarin' right now.
PlutoJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #158
cindyfan
DIS Veteran

Wait time was 40 minutes then i spoke with a CM that obviously had no idea what she was doing. Kept putting me on hold to go ask someone else. So on the line another 35 minutes.
And she couldnt just apply the code to my current reservation, had to go with standard instead of preferred at CSR. Love CSR and will keep trying to see if preferred opens up.
But still happy with it!!
Old 12-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #159
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by avw1295 View Post
I just got through. Changed from POFQ to POR. Saved a little over $600. I was told that POFQ was included. The quote I was given was $200 less than my original package. I decided to move for the better discount. However, I may call back for some other quotes later. The CM told me that I was only the 2nd call she had today about the new promotion. Most people are calling trying to change reservations because of the winter storms that are delaying people.
Thank you for this !!! I have been freaking out because everyone here calling and not getting through that by the time Jan 3 came all the discounted rooms would be gone.
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #160
AuroraRora
Princess

^^ Yup, don't worry that the huge call volume is all people snapping up the promo rooms. When I was on the phone earlier the CM kept talking about how everyone was calling about the snow and I was confused for ages because I just automatically presumed they must be in Florida because WDW is. I was like, blizzards in Orlando, what is she talking about???

Just got a muuuuch better CM who got everything handled for me really quickly. My May trip to ASMu went from $1431, to $1190 including 9 day parkhoppers
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
Old 12-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #161
jalaine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
Thank you for this !!! I have been freaking out because everyone here calling and not getting through that by the time Jan 3 came all the discounted rooms would be gone.
The CM I spoke with said the super long wait times were due to "enhancements" with the computer system that were causing issues... I'm sure you'll be fine for the 3rd!!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #162
AuroraRora
Princess

Has everyone else been getting the additional things in their reservation email, like 2 disneyquest vouchers, golf vouchers, $15 voucher for Planet Hollywood etc? I didn't know it was included but both times I called, it was all included in my reservation email along with my ME voucher. How would I find out more information about these things and where/when I can use them etc?
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
Old 12-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #163
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
Has everyone else been getting the additional things in their reservation email, like 2 disneyquest vouchers, golf vouchers, $15 voucher for Planet Hollywood etc? I didn't know it was included but both times I called, it was all included in my reservation email along with my ME voucher. How would I find out more information about these things and where/when I can use them etc?
Someone else said earlier this is part of the current promo ... but it sounds like you got it before the promo as well ???

Maybe its just part of disney trying to add "value" to the ressies now ?
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #164
DisneyJanFeb2008
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes, I guess it's included but not that much value for us frankly.
DisneyJanFeb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #165
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Those components are part of the 2013 Disney vacation packages and were there before this new promotion came out. The vouchers are per room, not per person.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: